Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Game Over, LoVE wins!

BBM

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done rereading everything and I'm still not sure why Marth was voted for. I imagine this would be easier if I did more than lurk on the Heroes subforum...

Also, have the character abilities (e.g. Joker, Lelouch) been used before? Are they public knowledge?

Just now, DefyingFates said:

Done rereading everything and I'm still not sure why Marth was voted for. I imagine this would be easier if I did more than lurk on the Heroes subforum...

Also, have the character abilities (e.g. Joker, Lelouch) been used before? Are they public knowledge?

None of us know about what abilities other people have. Although I assume the people in the scum teams have shared theirs

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Done rereading everything and I'm still not sure why Marth was voted for.

Okay so if you have read everything, give us your thoughts.

Who do you think is scummy? Who do you think is wolf?  Who is at the top of your potential list of suspects?

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Town players only know their own role, and shouldn't be public knowledge. Also, you generally won't know if people used their roles unless it has a public effect or you're directly affected by it.

I'm not currently voting Marth although I would be okay with voting for him due to my own issues with him. Not speaking for anyone else, but I feel like he's being rather detached from the game, not really taking part in discussion, and I think his refusal to fight his own wagon is odd. (Also, meta stuff from how he played last game, but that's mostly relevant for people who've played with Marth before.)

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Who do you think is scummy? Who do you think is wolf?  Who is at the top of your potential list of suspects?

Honestly, I'm still not sure. As I said, I haven't spent much time here so I don't know enough about how you all talk normally, thus I don't have any obvious red flags to pick up. Heck, even people who voted against me like Eury made valid points, so at the moment I'm going off of how each of you claim the others play when you're townies. I know this ultimately loops back to the reason I was scrutinized in the first place but I think it'll be easier to make decisions on D2, since I assume anyone who dies tonight will give us more to work with.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Town players only know their own role, and shouldn't be public knowledge. Also, you generally won't know if people used their roles unless it has a public effect or you're directly affected by it.

Thanks!

You don't need to look at how we know each other.

Has anyone done anything stand out to you?  Has anyone done something that doesn't SEEM right to you?

Has someone felt disingenuous in their tone or push against other players?  I'm trying to help you but you aren't really saying anything to further this.

Day phase ends in 10 minutes though so when day phase ends YOU CANT TALK ANYMORE.

To be fair, mafia is hard if you haven't read or followed games before. This game in particular I think it's been hard to build cases so far even for veteran players.

It might help to look over some older games D1 and see how people approach posting and scumhunting, but I get it can be overwhelming and hard to know where to start. 

19 minutes ago, WeaponsofMassConstruction said:

I cc doctor + watcher. On top of this I am also vigilante.

I CC unlimited dayvig btw

Like the biggest thing I need to say, STOP thinking on how we 'normally' talk.

This is still a logic game and a game of an uninformed majority vs an informed minorityx2.  Come day 2 we will have more info based on roles and stuff like that, but most people will NOT claim that stuff unless it's something damning or if they HAVE to.  So most of the game will have to be solved from a standpoint of what happens in thread.

Communication between players, how people react and act in the thread, you do not have to know our META to know what things feel awkward or wrong to YOU.  That's what I'm asking.  And you may not be able to answer stuff at this point in time but I want you to think about this from another angle.

If you die tonight this night phase from scum killing you, Town would gain NOTHING basically.  Because you don't have reads. You don't have information that you yourself have tried to bring to the table.  If you persay had people you town read or felt comfortable about or people you scum read, after you flipped town if you are town, that would be helpful to SOME extent, maybe not a whole lot because you're newer but it can help.  This is like a game where communication is very key.

So for 48 hours you have stated "Idk what to think about people at all!" it doesn't help, like at all.  I'm not trying to be rude or harm your mental here or anything but at this point in time I'm trying to get any information from you because I expected at least something somewhere in the 48-60 hours or so this game has happened.

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

You don't need to look at how we know each other.

Has anyone done anything stand out to you?  Has anyone done something that doesn't SEEM right to you?

Has someone felt disingenuous in their tone or push against other players?  I'm trying to help you but you aren't really saying anything to further this.

Day phase ends in 10 minutes though so when day phase ends YOU CANT TALK ANYMORE.

Thank you very much for these prompts.

It feels like everyone's been testing the waters. There's been a lot of prodding people to get their thoughts on others, but right now I can't tell if that's genuine curiosity/ trying to start a conversation or trying to push an agenda - but maybe I'm just not savvy enough to pick up on such things. I might have suspected Eury but as I said earlier, that wallposts seem to be her MO and she is asking valid questions as far as I can tell.

It looks like Marth is getting lynched regardless of what happens though, so at least there's some small comfort that my indecisiveness isn't going to cost town the game at least.

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Communication between players, how people react and act in the thread, you do not have to know our META to know what things feel awkward or wrong to YOU.  That's what I'm asking.  And you may not be able to answer stuff at this point in time but I want you to think about this from another angle.

If you die tonight this night phase from scum killing you, Town would gain NOTHING basically.  Because you don't have reads. You don't have information that you yourself have tried to bring to the table.  If you persay had people you town read or felt comfortable about or people you scum read, after you flipped town if you are town, that would be helpful to SOME extent, maybe not a whole lot because you're newer but it can help.  This is like a game where communication is very key.

So for 48 hours you have stated "Idk what to think about people at all!" it doesn't help, like at all.  I'm not trying to be rude or harm your mental here or anything but at this point in time I'm trying to get any information from you because I expected at least something somewhere in the 48-60 hours or so this game has happened.

And yeah, this is fair. And I've heard stuff like this IRL too. Hopefully I survive the night in which case I'll do my best to be more proactive and attentive on D2 onwards. I think I should starting writing things down on pen and paper for example.

1 minute ago, j00 said:

To be fair, mafia is hard if you haven't read or followed games before. This game in particular I think it's been hard to build cases so far even for veteran players.

It might help to look over some older games D1 and see how people approach posting and scumhunting, but I get it can be overwhelming and hard to know where to start. 

I don't think this game is particularly hard for building cases, it's been not active, partially by choice partially by IRL issues.  but I have scum reads and I have town reads, and for the most part it seems others do as well.

We've had newer players many a time before though and if the player is putting forth effort they have something in terms of their own thoughts at the end of a 60~ hour day phase.

Even if they are a new player there is a limit to certain things.  I can't genuinely think they read the whole thread as they claimed and have zero thoughts on what's happening.  And to me that's starting to feel like Frozen scum in their first game, which would be REALLY unlucky.

Posted (edited)

Mod Votals - End of Day 1

Bluedoom (6): WeaponsofMassConstruction, j00, Percivale, Eurykins, JamieIsBored, CT075
Shinori (2): Bluedoom, Bartozio
Bartozio (2): Sunwoo, Elieson
Eurykins (1): Grace
Not Voting: Shinori, Aster, DefyingFates

At first, everyone just milled around, unsure what they were supposed to do. A vigilante, having to do something during the day??? A vigilante, having to come to a mutual consensus??? But finally, it seems a plurality of people agreed that Bluedoom had to go.

What you have are Bullets. by stormkew on DeviantArt

Bluedoom has been lynched! He was the V, the RAT Empowerer Motivator. Turns out you were indeed able to kill him without emptying your guns.

It is now Night 1! As a reminder, you cannot speak at night unless otherwise specified. Night 1 will end in approximately 24 hours. But honestly I go out drinking a lot on Thursday evenings so I may be a bit late.

Edited by BBM

• BBM changed the title to Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Night 1

All actions are in and don't seem to be changing, so I will be locking actions to start resolving the night phase. Don't post until I officially say it's the start of D2

You all wake up - just kidding! You're vigilantes, so you never went to sleep. But it turns out some of you will be sleeping forever...

Tales of Text Posts

Shinori has died! He was Yuri Lowell, the LoVE Mayor. I guess what defines him now is being dead.

The Greatest Lie ever Told: Lelouch's Noble Sacrifice | How Anime Changed  My Life

j00 has also died! She was Lelouch Lamperouge, the LoVE Martyr. It seems like you'll have to change the world on his behalf.

• BBM changed the title to Vigilante Mafia Game Thread - Day 2

I think someone targeted me last night. Requesting that nobody target me again for any reason. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

Shinori was pretty obv!town so he's not a surprising kill and I wish a hypothetical doc had been on him. The j00 kill is not as straightforward. I know that people had expressed some suspicion of her early on, so it's safe to say that the majority of people with opinions hadn't been townreading her. Granted, I think when Marth flipped it should've solidified her as "not Marth's scum buddy" at least. But since she flipped martyr I wonder if she wasn't even the original kill target.

This is where I'd start off with a vote, but ... I actually kind of want to mull over this one for a bit. Bartozio and Marth have weird (yet stupid obvious) interactions. Marth didn't want to vote for his possible counter wagons, Eury and Bartozio. Unless this game's numbers are bizarre, they can't both be his scum buddy, if either of them are. Eury also just feels tonally town and Marth's only real read was a strong townread on Eury.

Bartozio's a bit weird though. Both of them were voting Shinori at the end of the day for questionable reasons, and both of them avoided committing to each other's wagons. And Bartozio's sole poke at Marth wasn't even a suspicion, just asking questions. And worst of all, this is all so flagrantly obvious buddying that you have to wonder if scum would be this obvious -_-

Just going to state that I don't think anyone on Marth's wagon currently makes sense as his scum buddy. Some of them could still be other scum team, but I'll worry about that later. I also just don't really have a lot of strong reads on a decent number of people so ... I need to reread some more.

I'm going to go play some Animal Crossing, think about stuff, and then I'll put down a vote when I get back.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think someone targeted me last night. Requesting that nobody target me again for any reason. BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

How could you tell, if you feel safe explaining?

I'll do my best to pay more attention and be more active this time.

1 minute ago, JamieIsBored said:

What is martyr sorry? I thought it was like princess but obviously not if it’s like a protection role. 

Judging by the name I'm guess she was a meat shield? Like a bodyguard of some sort. Which means j00 wasn't the actual target, just caught in the crossfire.