Feh Channel - August 1st 2024

What ... the actual fuck

They made Sakura a backpack ... AGAIN. This is the first time they've repeated a character as a backpack. Which probably means that characters who'd already led before are now eligible to lead again.

I'm enraged.

EDIT: And of course they'd make Takumi the TT+ reward. I'm assuming Leo is the 4-star demote too then. It's kind of ridiculous that even popular dudes are getting screwed over by being prf-less demotes and TT+ rewards. Someone tell me if Nephenee, Mia, and Lucia are even more popular than Takumi and Leo.

Edited by Sunwoo

IS: puts Nephenee, Sakura, Mia and Leo all on the same banner

Well, they're aggressively targeting my orbs with this one. And since I don't care about CYL8 since Ivy didn't win, they can definitely have all of my orbs.

8 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Someone tell me if Nephenee, Mia, and Lucia are even more popular than Takumi and Leo.

CYL8 ranks:

Leo: 35th, 2,684 votes
Mia: 36th, 2,637 votes
Takumi: 39th, 2,491 votes
Nephenee: 48th, 1,548 votes

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

CYL8 ranks:

Leo: 35th, 2,684 votes
Mia: 36th, 2,637 votes
Takumi: 39th, 2,491 votes
Nephenee: 48th, 1,548 votes

So they're all around the same neighborhood then, with the person leading a harmonic having the least amount of votes.

In other words, no justification for screwing over the dudes AT ALL.

I'm guessing Lucia is quite a bit lower than them since you didn't list her?

Posted (edited)

I'm absolutely not happy about Sakura getting the backpack treatment again. 100%, she should be the lead here.

And of course, Tellius AND Nephenee with no Brom in sight. Lame.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In other words, no justification for screwing over the dudes AT ALL.

Yeah, Mia (as much as I like her) didn't particularly need this but Nephenee only had an alt from 2019. As good as her Resplendent was last year, Neph was far past due for a new alt.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm guessing Lucia is quite a bit lower than them since you didn't list her?

Lucia had the typical hard fall after getting added into FEH. She went from 82nd (732 votes) in CYL7 to 248th (215 votes) in CYL8.  Maybe they decided to give her an alt before they got the CYL8 results?

And for completion's sake, Sakura got 106th (678 votes) in CYL8 which put her in a tie with Boucheron.

Good to see the Festival in Hoshido banner get a follow up. Luckily no one is a must-pull for me. Sakura being a cheerleader for the second time might be a sign that leads can also get the same treatment.

After consecutive years of underwhelming selections for Hero Fest, this year's banner actually looks tempting. Don't have the orbs though so I think I'll see what the tickets get me. Also CYL is around the corner.

A little surprised to see Ascended units being put into the 4 star special rate pool. Gonna hope for an A!Idunn for my FE6 roster but I'm not gonna expect anything. 

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, Mia (as much as I like her) didn't particularly need this but Nephenee only had an alt from 2019. As good as her Resplendent was last year, Neph was far past due for a new alt.

Lucia had the typical hard fall after getting added into FEH. She went from 82nd (732 votes) in CYL7 to 248th (215 votes) in CYL8.  Maybe they decided to give her an alt before they got the CYL8 results?

And for completion's sake, Sakura got 106th (678 votes) in CYL8 which put her in a tie with Boucheron.

I'm not necessarily opposed to Nephenee getting the alt as much as I am about Sakura getting backpack'd again. They could've just made Nephenee a stand-alone unit while ... I dunno, making Sakura a lead for her and Takumi to have a duo (which unfortunately relegates Leo to TT+). Alternatively, they could've just made Mia a backpack for Sakura, since Mia led a harmonic already. And considering that they let Nina lead a duo with Kagero as her backpack, Sakura+Mia wouldn't even be the most WTF choice.

Really, I'm just salty about them making Sakura a backpack AGAIN and would've rather she not be on this banner at all instead of getting fucked over like this. Her last alt was back on hot springs and she's literally never had a prf weapon, ever.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And considering that they let Nina lead a duo with Kagero as her backpack, Sakura+Mia wouldn't even be the most WTF choice.

Karla being the lead over Freyja is the most WTF decision in my mind. In CYL8, those two had 265 places between them (Freyja was 16th, Karla was 281st).

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Karla being the lead over Freyja is the most WTF decision in my mind. In CYL8, those two had 265 places between them (Freyja was 16th, Karla was 281st).

I keep forgetting Karla+Freyja even exist.

So yeah, making Sakura a backpack twice instead of letting her lead was an unforced error. Nor would it have been any more egregious than Karla+Freyja or Nina+Kagero.

13 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I keep forgetting Karla+Freyja even exist.

So yeah, making Sakura a backpack twice instead of letting her lead was an unforced error. Nor would it have been any more egregious than Karla+Freyja or Nina+Kagero.

Sakura wasn't even the most fitting pink-haired girl to pair with Nephenee anyways. Lapis would've made way more sense, though not in this particular spot I suppose since she just got an alt in May.

Oh, and this Harmonized Hero has the same pair of titles (PoR and Fates) as a previous one (Hatari Azura & Leanne). The only difference is the PoR character is the lead this time.

And no, I don't why they had Leanne rep PoR (especially when that banner was centered on Hatari and had Nailah on it) when she didn't make the cut as a playable character in PoR.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sakura wasn't even the most fitting pink-haired girl to pair with Nephenee anyways. Lapis would've made way more sense, though not in this particular spot I suppose since she just got an alt in May.

Oh, and this Harmonized Hero has the same pair of titles (PoR and Fates) as a previous one (Hatari Azura & Leanne). The only difference is the PoR character is the lead this time.

And no, I don't why they had Leanne rep PoR (especially when that banner was centered on Hatari and had Nailah on it) when she didn't make the cut as a playable character in PoR.

To be fair, they made a Dorothea+Lene harmonic hero and then Ayra+Mercedes a few years later. Which are both 3H+FE4 with the leads switched.

But yeah, Lapis and Nephenee would've made a lot of sense and I'm bummed they didn't save Nephenee for that ;/

(IS really is allergic to interesting.)

Or, you know, we could've just made Leo and Takumi the duo hero and made a stand-alone Sakura the TT+ reward.

Free Forma Soul is very appreciated.

Same goes for the Seasonal tickets. Going Red, since it's the color I lack the most duo Heroes.

Happy to see the Return of yukata heroes. Interesting selection of characters. No Dancers this time, but that don't bother me. But that is still a skip.

Hero Fest looks good. But also a skip.

Remixes are nice. Happy to have another source of Guidance 4. The fact Ullr is getting Oath over Time's Pulse probably means she will have that effect in her refinement? Although now she doesn't need the Special charge to trigger Deadeye since she has Potent.

Sparkable Weekly banners are very Nice. For Fjorm fans, Ascended Fjorm will be sparkable 3 times for the next 6 months. O don't think there is any of these banners that would me spark though.

Overall, a decent Channel. I already knew most of these things though datamine but the ones I didn't know were cool.

On the bright side Lucia looks pretty nice.

Still I don’t really care about yukata’s. At all

Also guess even being in the top 50 consistently doesn’t stop you from getting the useless male demote treatment. Kinda don’t see the point in including Leo and Takumi if they make them as unappealing as possible. Tomatoes again doesn’t help either.

No “flap flap flap flap flap FEEEEEEEEH!” This time around? How disappointing.

I must say I never got why a Yukata is considered fanservice. Is it supposed to be a tease? The design going “Oooooh!  handsome/pretty favorite was in the hot spring but you juuuuust missed it”

The only one on the banner I would be interested in is Mia but skipping since CYL is next.  Glad for the forma soul and the tickets, hopefully I can finally snag N!Navarre with the tickets.

First off, good news for me, still needing to obtain Valentine's Lyon/Eirika.

Secondly, okay, the Wolfskin and Kitsune masks are adorable! And that Corrin/Kana dragon plush! However, I'm a little disappointed with the character selection here. Why the heck do we have so many Nephenees? Also Mia. And we're getting Fates royals AGAIN. It's been some time, I guess, but there are plenty of characters who could have been here instead. And once again, the matsuri theme goes to Fates and Tellius. It's nice that we get Long Hair Lucina, but... *siiiigh* If they were going to rep Tellius, there are a lot of other characters they could have picked instead. And if Sakura NEEDED to be part of the harmonized unit, then... No, I still think she would have been better featured on a hanami banner. Scarlet would have been a more interesting choice, especially if her harmonized partner was Jill. Both are wyvern riders who had to overcome prejudice issues (though from different angles), and that would be a perfect theme for a Nhorian celebrating a Hoshidan-style festival.

Well, at least they included fun elements to some of the outfits. Shooting gallery bow, dragon plush, goldfish, water balloons, furin, masks... Though, Mia's huge food haul seems like Illyana bait. Hopefully, that's the story behind it since I know that in their supports Mia's trying to feed Illyana.

And Priam will be easier to summon! Yay! I never did manage to get him before now.

Looking forward to the CYL designs and such! I wonder how long it will be until that gets released.

14 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I totally agree with this. It would've been funny seeing them BOTH continuously slip into their natural speaking styles and keep trying to go back to more "formal" speech.

8 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

No “flap flap flap flap flap FEEEEEEEEH!” This time around? How disappointing.

I must say I never got why a Yukata is considered fanservice. Is it supposed to be a tease? The design going “Oooooh!  handsome/pretty favorite was in the hot spring but you juuuuust missed it”

Actually, I was glad for the change in Feh intros. But I'm sure it'll be back, so don't worry.

As for the yukata thing, it's my impression that it fits into a similar category to suits and gowns: it's the cut, style, that it's pretty, and that it's flattering, rather than having to do with skin. I've heard that it has something to do with the back of the neck too, though? And, for dudes (for a change), the neckline. But it's a pretty modest go at attractiveness, which is why I categorized it about the same as formal wear, as far as reasons why it's considered attractive goes.

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

Looking forward to the CYL designs and such! I wonder how long it will be until that gets released.

It'll probably be in about two weeks. Last year's CYL FEH Channel was on the 14th while 2022's and 2021's CYL FEH Channels were both on the 15th.

Speaking of CYL, I wonder who will be the GHB alongside the banner.

My wish would be Bruno as the GHB, since Alfonse is one of the winners, and have Bruno with Veiled Valaskjálf (even though that tome is kinda dated now).

Although, considering we have 2 Three Houses winners, I could see another 3H GHB for the 3rd year in a row. Maybe Alois or Randolph.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I really want this year's CYL GH unit to be someone from Valentia. Any one of the numerous NPCs not yet in the game, such as Desaix or Jedah. I'd even take Deen. Just please not another Three Houses unit.

As for the yukata banner, I'm still mad about it. As someone whose favorite Fates characters are Kaze, Leo, and Sakura, I feel like all three of them keep getting the short end of the stick. Mozu would have been a better backpack for Nephenee.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I really want this year's CYL GH unit to be someone from Valentia. Any one of the numerous NPCs not yet in the game, such as Desaix or Jedah. I'd even take Deen. Just please not another Three Houses unit.

Alternatively, they can go back to the Tellius well and pick Stefan (got 77th in CYL8). The only missing characters who placed ahead of him were:

• Two characters from IS's least favorite FE title (Touma & Cain, Maiko)
  • Four Engage characters who are all candidates for a Solm New Heroes banner (Panette, Pandreo, Merrin, Fogado)
  • A FEH OC who is guaranteed to be playable by the end of November (Nidhoggr)

That said, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a Valentia character. IS still needs to pay reparations for wasting a GHB slot on Brigand Boss, after all.

On 8/3/2024 at 11:34 AM, Tybrosion said:

Alternatively, they can go back to the Tellius well and pick Stefan (got 77th in CYL8). The only missing characters who placed ahead of him were:

• Two characters from IS's least favorite FE title (Touma & Cain, Maiko)
  • Four Engage characters who are all candidates for a Solm New Heroes banner (Panette, Pandreo, Merrin, Fogado)
  • A FEH OC who is guaranteed to be playable by the end of November (Nidhoggr)

That said, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a Valentia character. IS still needs to pay reparations for wasting a GHB slot on Brigand Boss, after all.

Much as I love Tellius bias, Shadows of Valentia is the one game that has way too many GHB candidates for the remaining number of banners it has. Rudolf and Jedah are just slightly below Nergal as villain tiers that just have to be in the game, and below them you have Desaix, Nuibaba and below them you have Slayde and Grieth, who, while aren't as demanding a spot as the others, are certainly as relevant and important as some other characters that have been GHB. And that's not even getting into the cavalcade of minor bosses they inexplicably put on CYL just because they wanted to beef up their roster.

Edited by Jotari

On 8/5/2024 at 11:31 AM, Jotari said:

Much as I love Tellius bias, Shadows of Valentia is the one game that has way too many GHB candidates for the remaining number of banners it has. Rudolf and Jedah are just slightly below Nergal as villain tiers that just have to be in the game, and below them you have Desaix, Nuibaba and below them you have Slayde and Grieth, who, while aren't as demanding a spot as the others, are certainly as relevant and important as some other characters that have been GHB. And that's not even getting into the cavalcade of minor bosses they inexplicably put on CYL just because they wanted to beef up their roster.

As long as the character isn't from Fodlan, I'll be content with whoever gets picked as the CYL GHB.

But yes, it would certainly be optimal if they pick a Valentia character since, in addition to your points, it's very unlikely SoV gets another banner anytime soon. 

It's also funny Grieth was among the characters you mentioned, since he had far more reason to be the SoV GHB in 2022. After all, that banner had Est and Atlas was added as a direct demote at that time.

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

As long as the character isn't from Fodlan, I'll be content with whoever gets picked as the CYL GHB.

But yes, it would certainly be optimal if they pick a Valentia character since, in addition to your points, it's very unlikely SoV gets another banner anytime soon. 

It's also funny Grieth was among the characters you mentioned, since he had far more reason to be the SoV GHB in 2022. After all, that banner had Est and Atlas was added as a direct demote at that time.

I fear we'll never get Grieth despite his moderate prominence. And that's a shame, because he's a Dread Fighter, and the whole base Dread Fighter with a proper speaking role in the series. And Dread Fighters are cool. Maybe even the coolest class in all of Fire Emblem. On the other hand, his design kind of sucks. Gaiden has the inexplicable baker's hat which the Echoes artist kept and then just really phoned in on when it came to the facial expression.