Special Heroes: Timidity Trials

We already knew we were getting this Special Heroes banner and we know the characters on it thanks to the most recent Feh Channel, but as a reminder, we're getting Mia, Lucia, Leo, a Harmonic with Nephenee and Sakura, and Takumi as the TT+ unit. I'm still upset that Sakura isn't the lead on the Harmonic.

10 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

How are you supposed to beat Lucia?

You do not

Am I reading this right? It looks like Atk/Spd Clash and Spd/Def Tempo are the new Sacred Seals, which is far and away the best pair of Sacred Seals they've released in a long time.

I'll read the skill descriptions later, so here are usual translation notes:

The banner name, "Timidity Trials", is "人見知り王女の試練" (hito-mishiri ōjo no shiren), "Shy Princess's Trials".

Mia's epithet, "Summer Slice", is "一刀両断夏祭り" (ittō ryōdan natsu matsuri), "Clean-Cut Summer Festival". "一刀両断" (ittō ryōdan) literally means "to split into two with a single cut" and can be used figuratively to mean "to act decisively".

Summertime Axe is "意気軒昂の夏祭の斧" (iki kenkō no natsu matsuri no ono), "Axe of a Summer Festival In High Spirits".

Spd/Def Prime is "速さ守備の備え" (hayasa shubi no sonae), "Spd/Def Preparation".

Pegasus Rift is "天馬裂空" (tenma rekkū), "Pegasus Sky Rend".

Lucia's epithet, "Loyalty Enrobed", is "浴衣に宿す忠節" (yukata ni yadosu chūsetsu), "Loyalty Harbored Within a Yukata".

Breezy Spear is "清風明月の夏祭の槍" (seifū meigetsu no natsu matsuri no yari), "Lance of a Summer Festival With a Refreshing Breeze Under the Full Moon".

Firm Canto Curb is "再移動制限・不惑" (sai-idō seigen: fuwaku), "Canto Restriction: Unwavering". "再移動" (sai-idō), "move again", is the name of the Canto effect. "再移動制限" (sai-idō seigen), "Canto restriction", is the name of the Canto Control skill.

Leo's epithet, "Festival Bonds", is "絆を繋ぐ祭り" (kizuna o tsunagu matsuri), "Festival That Connects Bonds".

Juicy Bucketful is "夏野菜の桶" (natsu yasai no oke), "Bucket of Summer Vegetables".

Nephenee's epithet, "Festival Harmony", is "祭囃子に心を重ね" (matsuribayashi ni kokoro o kasane), "Stacking of Hearts in Festival Music".

Fluttering Fan is "人見知りの縁の祭器" (hito-mishiri no en no saiki), "Festival Equipment of a Connection of Shyness".

Atk/Spd Mastery is "攻撃速さの制空" (kōgeki hayasa no seikū), "Atk/Spd Aerial Mastery".

Takumi's epithet, "Wishful Spark", is "花火に願う未来" (hanabi ni negau mirai), "Future Wished For On Fireworks".

Stall-Game Bow is "射的の弓" (shateki no yumi), "Target-Shooting Bow". "射的" (shateki), "target practice", in this context refers to target-shooting games in festival stalls.

18 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

How are you supposed to beat Lucia?

She is pretty much Red Lucia, but without DR on the weapon, and with extras stats and healing.

So you find a way to counter her healing (aka Fatal Smoke) and deal with her with a high Atk and Def non-red hero.

It is still not easy, but it is doable.

Edit: I believe you can still trigger AoEs against her, right? I don't remember very well, since Lucia kinda disappeared from the meta after some months of her release.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Edit: I believe you can still trigger AoEs against her, right? I don't remember very well, since Lucia kinda disappeared from the meta after some months of her release.

No, it's specifically in the weapon's description that AoE Specials do not activate against her (for both versions of her).

You can still damage her by activating one on a nearby unit, though.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Bet that new OC will get treated far better than the last one, because ya know, it ain't a man.

Next OC should be this character Nidavellir mentions in his quotes: Sindri.

I wonder if Sindri is Eitri's original form...

I will not be surprised if Sindri ends being a Rearmed/Attuned Hero.

I am still bothered with how Nidavellir was treated... I can accept him being a normal hero, since Nifl, Muspells and Ymir are also that. But no Prf skill was BS! He should had an unique AoE Special... Like inflict Flame Terrain on the tiles the AoE hit. That would be interesting.

Bet that new OC will get treated far better than the last one, because ya know, it ain't a man.

Spoiler

Given that Dagr is currently the only Book V character with multiple (playable, so RIP Fafnir) alts, you're probably not far off the mark.

I wouldn't doubt that this new Jotunheimr character will get treated better.

Damn, everyone's looking cute. Nephenee's the weakest art but still neat. I would be happy about any of them.

16 hours ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Given that Dagr is currently the only Book V character with multiple (playable, so RIP Fafnir) alts, you're probably not far off the mark.

I wouldn't doubt that this new Jotunheimr character will get treated better.

Spoiler

If the new OC gets treated super well and gets alts I think we can consider it canon that Nott is adopted and not an actual Jotun.

This was kind of a sweet story, but Mia being fake Illyana was weird. Lucia even mentions it. I wonder if we're basically guaranteed to get Elise, Camilla, and Hinoka next year on this same theme. (If so, I hope that Elise and Camilla get to be a duo. For some reason, their bond isn't shown much in Heroes, even though Elise put that purple streak in her hair specifically so she'd feel closer to Camilla.)

Gosh darn it, the story they put for these characters makes me even more upset that Sakura isn't the lead. She was clearly, blatantly the character they focused on, so let her be the darn lead! Shyness is no excuse, Nephenee is just as shy if not more shy, the only person she ever felt not-shy around was Brom (and reading the story for this again, Brom would have ONCE AGAIN been a perfect fit for this). Let Sakura have nice things!

Let Sakura have nice things!

Honestly, I'm almost content that they even acknowledge Sakura at all.

Meanwhile, Felicia has gotten literally nothing since 2019 and Ryoma was last seen getting a Resplendent in 2021 (and his last alt was also in 2019). And there's plenty more characters then them who haven't been able to get even table scraps for years.

This whole banner felt kinda weird with the paralogue being so obviously tailored to Sakura and she even introduces their harmonic when summoned (yes, I know there are some other backpacks who introduce the pair, but still).

It also just feels kinda lame that only gals are allowed to have fun on these seasonal banners. They really don't have a problem with throwing all sorts of minor female characters on banners, but we very rarely get random male characters who are just really good units. The good ones are either lords/very popular, and the majority of male units we get are just kinda throwaway units with no prf and subpar kits (most of our TT+ reward units).

Also, I do agree that it would be nice for Heroes to give something to characters whose last alts were a long time ago (or don't have alts, period) so they can have at least one usable version. That's part of the reason I was so upset about Hana getting a second alt instead of Tsubaki getting anything last Valentine's.

On 8/9/2024 at 5:25 AM, Mercakete said:

This was kind of a sweet story, but Mia being fake Illyana was weird. Lucia even mentions it. I wonder if we're basically guaranteed to get Elise, Camilla, and Hinoka next year on this same theme. (If so, I hope that Elise and Camilla get to be a duo. For some reason, their bond isn't shown much in Heroes, even though Elise put that purple streak in her hair specifically so she'd feel closer to Camilla.)

On 8/9/2024 at 11:22 PM, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, I'm almost content that they even acknowledge Sakura at all.

Meanwhile, Felicia has gotten literally nothing since 2019 and Ryoma was last seen getting a Resplendent in 2021 (and his last alt was also in 2019). And there's plenty more characters then them who haven't been able to get even table scraps for years.

As much as I adore Camilla and Elise, I’m really becoming tired of the same ten or so characters from each game (sometimes even less) getting tons of alts and even being part of multiple Duos and Harmonics. Fates has several secondary and tertiary characters who have only received one alt years ago (Jakob, Felicia, Flora,) have been in Heroes for a very long time and have zero alts (Kaze, Silas, Peri, Beruka, Arthur, Setsuna, Azama, Subaki) or are not in Heroes at all (Shura, Scarlet, Izana.) Except for Azama, none of the characters I mentioned in the last sentence even have Resplendents!

3 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Except for Azama, none of the characters I mentioned in the last sentence even have Resplendents!

And in addition to those characters, Sakura, Xander and Leo still don't have Resplendents either.

Though the thing is, Fates has 19 Resplendents at this point and had 29 characters available (Xander not included since he released in May 2017) at launch. Out of those Resplendents, 15 of them (about 51.72%) are from that pool of 29.

Fates simply has too many mouths to feed from the early years of this game, which just makes the overuse of certain secondary / tertiary characters (mainly Kagero but also Hana to a lesser degree) all the more glaring. I can understand why they mainly spam the royals, but Kagero having as many alts as Ryoma and Elise and more than Sakura is just bizarre.

On 8/10/2024 at 2:17 PM, Sunwoo said:

It also just feels kinda lame that only gals are allowed to have fun on these seasonal banners. They really don't have a problem with throwing all sorts of minor female characters on banners, but we very rarely get random male characters who are just really good units. The good ones are either lords/very popular, and the majority of male units we get are just kinda throwaway units with no prf and subpar kits (most of our TT+ reward units).

Well, the TT+ story has Elincia and Lucia wishing everyone they know could partake in the festival with them. The male Crimean people they canonically interact with are Geoffrey, Bastian, Brom, maybe the Greil mercenaries count? Perhaps there's some hope for a couple of them to show up to something next year.

21 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

As much as I adore Camilla and Elise, I’m really becoming tired of the same ten or so characters from each game (sometimes even less) getting tons of alts and even being part of multiple Duos and Harmonics. Fates has several secondary and tertiary characters who have only received one alt years ago (Jakob, Felicia, Flora,) have been in Heroes for a very long time and have zero alts (Kaze, Silas, Peri, Beruka, Arthur, Setsuna, Azama, Subaki) or are not in Heroes at all (Shura, Scarlet, Izana.) Except for Azama, none of the characters I mentioned in the last sentence even have Resplendents!

I wish it was more evenly spread too. I'm just making a guess since it looks like IS may be going for another set or two here, like how the bunnies got the Macedonians. They stuck with about the same groups as last time, so it looks that way to me. Plus, IS likes bringing in the girls, and we have 3 princesses unrepresented here (not counting F!Corrin, Azura, and F!Kana - honestly, I wouldn't mind it if they finished the set, but if we're going to ax anyone from it, it should be Azura+the Corrins) so it just seems likely to me that they'll make use of that next year. And actually, it's a bit surprising that we have all the princes (minus M!Corrin, M!Kana, Shigure, Forrest, Shiro, Kiragi, and Siegbert) already on this theme. I'd say that it would be a novel thing for IS to focus on the 2nd generation royals, but the 100% for sure royals of the 2nd generation are almost all male (F!Kana being the only female) so I doubt they'd do that.

All that said, I actually would like to see Lilith on this theme, especially with the goldfish scoop game. She almost blends in with them in her dragon form. It would be funny if her transformed sprite was her dragon form either bouncing on one of those paper paddles, or in a water-filled plastic bag.

10 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Well, the TT+ story has Elincia and Lucia wishing everyone they know could partake in the festival with them. The male Crimean people they canonically interact with are Geoffrey, Bastian, Brom, maybe the Greil mercenaries count? Perhaps there's some hope for a couple of them to show up to something next year.

Yeah, I was thinking of that too. I think them specifically mentioning Geoffrey either means that he'll get a matsuri version next year, or that them talking about them counts as his matsuri version and he'll never get one ever. That said, I think that the most likely inclusions are Geoffrey and Bastian, especially if we get a bunch of Fates princesses next year too. The dream would be if Kieran FINALLY ENTERED THE GAME too, but I'm not going to bank on that.

As such, here's what would make sense to me for next year's lineup (but it probably won't be this because they like throwing in off-theme characters, like Mia and Nephanee being included this year): Camilla+Elise duo (if they don't go for a harmonic, but they'll probably go for a harmonic), Hinoka demote, Bastian, TT+ Geoffrey.

Another thing they might do is skip the matsuri theme altogether for an indeterminate number of years before revisiting it sometime in the future. And/or, they might decide to use this to put Nolan into the game, since Matsuri Micaiah's a thing. He'd for sure be a TT+ reward, I think. Honestly, though? Since Nephenee's here, this could also totally be a great way to introduce Meg. She'd look adorable with this theme, I think. (Her bulky armor doesn't really accentuate her face.)

42 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, I was thinking of that too. I think them specifically mentioning Geoffrey either means that he'll get a matsuri version next year, or that them talking about them counts as his matsuri version and he'll never get one ever. That said, I think that the most likely inclusions are Geoffrey and Bastian, especially if we get a bunch of Fates princesses next year too. The dream would be if Kieran FINALLY ENTERED THE GAME too, but I'm not going to bank on that.

As such, here's what would make sense to me for next year's lineup (but it probably won't be this because they like throwing in off-theme characters, like Mia and Nephanee being included this year): Camilla+Elise duo (if they don't go for a harmonic, but they'll probably go for a harmonic), Hinoka demote, Bastian, TT+ Geoffrey.

If we get this theme next year, I'd imagine they'd follow the same theme as they did this year. That is, everyone this year is related or connected somehow to someone from last time, with the sole exception of Mia. Takumi and Sakura are connected to Ryoma, Leo is connected to Xander, Lucia and Nephenee are connected to Elincia. The only character from before who didn't have anyone they're connected to join was Micaiah.

If they do that again, I'd imagine they'd do the same thing. Geoffrey or Bastian to connect to Lucia, Brom or Heather to connect to Nephenee, Hinoka to connect to the other Hoshido royals, and Camilla or Elise to connect to the other Nohr royals. Some combination with five of those characters. Or maybe not, maybe they'll use a random character like Mia again who isn't really connected to anyone, lol.

54 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Another thing they might do is skip the matsuri theme altogether for an indeterminate number of years before revisiting it sometime in the future. And/or, they might decide to use this to put Nolan into the game, since Matsuri Micaiah's a thing. He'd for sure be a TT+ reward, I think. Honestly, though? Since Nephenee's here, this could also totally be a great way to introduce Meg. She'd look adorable with this theme, I think. (Her bulky armor doesn't really accentuate her face.)

I swear if freaking MEG gets into the game before Brom, I quit.

21 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If we get this theme next year, I'd imagine they'd follow the same theme as they did this year. That is, everyone this year is related or connected somehow to someone from last time, with the sole exception of Mia. Takumi and Sakura are connected to Ryoma, Leo is connected to Xander, Lucia and Nephenee are connected to Elincia. The only character from before who didn't have anyone they're connected to join was Micaiah.

If they do that again, I'd imagine they'd do the same thing. Geoffrey or Bastian to connect to Lucia, Brom or Heather to connect to Nephenee, Hinoka to connect to the other Hoshido royals, and Camilla or Elise to connect to the other Nohr royals. Some combination with five of those characters. Or maybe not, maybe they'll use a random character like Mia again who isn't really connected to anyone, lol.

I swear if freaking MEG gets into the game before Brom, I quit.

Oh I definitely acknowledged the big "if" there, as well as the relational connections. As for Brom, I just don't really see him so much on this particular theme, whereas Meg would fit it well. That's just my opinion, though. I'd rather Brom come into the game on some other banner. As you've said before, he'd be a good one for the Winter Envoy stuff, for example, since he's so good with kids. Same for Halloween. If we can get Halloween Dozla and Halloween Dad-Hector, I don't see why Brom wouldn't fit in on that banner. And of course, there's always just a regular New Heroes banner he could get in on, too.

Honestly, with the number of alts Nephenee has, and the fact that Zihark is in the game, Brom is really due. That'll only increase if Meg gets in. They feel like anchors, slowly drawing in the people they know in common.

On that note, it's amazing Franz isn't in yet. Eirika, Seth, Amelia, Forde, and Kyle are all in, so it feels like Franz isn't that far away. Brom getting in feels kind of like that to me.