How did the Black Knight and Greil end up fighting?

It started as the normal discussion of Axes versus Swords. Then some words got said that can never be taken back, and they started fighting.

At which point Ike entered. And we know the rest.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weel the Black Knight didn't actually surpass Greil, Greil used a sword he would've won, I mean, did yo usee how slow the Black Knight is? Not in in-game tough, just in the cutscenes.

Well...Greil I believe was doomed when he fought against the Black Knight. Mainly because that Axe wasn't blessed therefore he wouldn't have been able to cause harm to the Black Knight. Second Greil has one arm that he had weakened himself (not sure what he exactly did)

Maybe those were just threats, to make Greil hand over the medallion without Zelgius / BK having to kill anyone.

Uh, dude, all that stuff was said after Greil died. Both of these things were said when Ike had his big confrontation with the Black Knight

The Black Knight didn't know Greil wasn't fighting at his peak (he couldn't/wouldn't wield swords, I believe) until after he had killed him. Once he had found out, he wanted Ike to survive and keep growing, so Ike can become as good as Greil was, and then Zelgius will finally get the true fight he wanted for so long, with Ike.

As other people in this topic have said, I think the BK may have done Greil a favor to spare him the agony of knowing he was bested by an enemy.

You never saw the Naruto topic that one time...

I don't like going there too much spoilers

I think Greil could tell that BK was challenging him to a duel later on. Maybe he just had a gut feeling and went searching for the BK.

Well then how would he know where to fight and all?

I don't like going there too much spoilers

Well then how would he know where to fight and all?

Gawain may have told Zelgius when he left Daein to meet him in a place away from his family so they wouldn't see the fight.

Once upon a time, there was a guy name Geril. One day Greil went out for a walk in the woods when suddenly the BK said "GET YOUR GAME ON!" so they dueled. The BK killed Greil hence winning the duel. Ike watched as his father died in his hand and said "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!". Since then, Ike swore his vengeance of Greil's death. And they lived happily ever after...the end.

Once upon a time, there was a guy name Geril. One day Greil went out for a walk in the woods when suddenly the BK said "GET YOUR GAME ON!" so they dueled. The BK killed Greil hence winning the duel. Ike watched as his father died in his hand and said "NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!". Since then, Ike swore his vengeance of Greil's death. And they lived happily ever after...the end.

Then why did Greil tell Ike to leave?

I know that but in Namie Amuro's story it sounded like Greil didn't even see the fight coming.

Ah ignore him...what he says doesn't make sense.

Edited by Judge Judy

Furthermore, the Black Knight KNEW that Mist had the medallion. If all he wanted was to take it from her, why didn't he?

i think the answer was

the medallion was safe in Mist's hands and the chaotic energy quelled...also he knew that in order to get the medallion out of Mist's hands he would have to break through Ike and Greil...once he beat Greil he retreated..why? i dont know...instead, he had Nasir infiltrate the group under Enas influence...Nasir got a hold of the medallion and gave it to Ashnard

The Black Knight retreated because Caineghis was approaching fast. He didn't want to deal with the lion king at the time. Although I don't think the Black Knight knew Mist had the medallion because he repeatedly asked Greil where it was.

Edited by Arch

He slashed the tendons in his sword arm.

Yes, he slashed the tendons of his arm for this reason:

Some years ago before PoR he touched Lehran's Medallion witch caused him to go berserk and kill Elena(Greil's wife, Ike and Mist's mother), after he left the berserk state he realized he was thrusting Elena with his sword, and then he cutted his tendons to not be able to use a sword again.

Awesome, my first spoiler wrapped text :lol:.

Maybe those were just threats, to make Greil hand over the medallion without Zelgius / BK having to kill anyone.

Uh, dude, all that stuff was said after Greil died. Both of these things were said when Ike had his big confrontation with the Black Knight

Are you sure? Didn't he say that right before

Caineghis came?

After his fight with Greil, while Greil was still alive?

Are you sure? Didn't he say that right before Caineghis came? After his fight with Greil, while Greil was still alive?

Well...maybe snuff your life out. But "Greils daughter is here, now I get to yank out the whole family tree"? Hell no, just watch a youtube video, that was definetly said during the BK's big fight with Ike.

I guess the same way Ike knew BK wanted to fight him outside that castle. That IF you didn't fight him in the chapter you get Elincia retainers. BK was just waiting outside for Ike after completing the map......

But I suppose it doesn't explain how greil would know what part of the woods BK was waiting for him at....

I guess the same way Ike knew BK wanted to fight him outside that castle. That IF you didn't fight him in the chapter you get Elincia retainers. BK was just waiting outside for Ike after completing the map......

But I suppose it doesn't explain how greil would know what part of the woods BK was waiting for him at....

Greil may have seen the events of the war coming

he was being pursued by Daein. Gawain could have told Zelgius in a few years a war will begin; I'll likely be in Gallia then; meet me in the woods there for a match when he left Daein.

Edited by luigi bros

Are you sure? Didn't he say that right before

Caineghis came?

After his fight with Greil, while Greil was still alive?

He did threaten to visit unspeakable horrors on Mist as an attempt to make Greil loosen his tongue,

which makes it even more ironic that he knew all along that Mist had the Fire Emblem,

but he said nothing about uprooting the entire family tree until he met Ike at Nados Castle.

The Black Knight retreated because Caineghis was approaching fast. He didn't want to deal with the lion king at the time. Although I don't think the Black Knight knew Mist had the medallion because he repeatedly asked Greil where it was.

RADIANT DAWN SPOILERS BELOW.

The Black Knight was there when Mist first picked up the Fire Emblem, so he probably knew that she had kept it on her ever since.

Edited by Paper Jam

He did threaten to visit unspeakable horrors on Mist as an attempt to make Greil loosen his tongue, which makes it even more ironic that he knew all along that Mist had the Fire Emblem, but he said nothing about uprooting the entire family tree until he met Ike at Nados Castle.

Yes, ok, there's my question, if the Black Knight only said all those nasty things to motivate Greil, then why did he continue threatening Ike and Mist with death and stuff every time he saw them?

its simple. Greil goes for a walk by himself, the BK appears

(he was stalking Greil. The BK was obsessed with becoming better than him as Lehran tells you at the end of Radiant Dawn)

and challenges Greil to a final duel.

The lion king smells the BK and comes running like a bat-outta hell.