Did you know...?

Raven

Did you know that the Holy Roman Empire had seven electors throughout most of it's existence: the Archbishops of Trier, Mainz and Cologne, the King of Bohemia, the Count of the Palatinate, the Duke of Saxony, and the Margrave of Brandenburg. Later, during the Thirty Years War, the Duke of Bavaria was added as an eighth.

Edited by Le Communard

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I believe they use grade D meat, which is actually worse than dog food.

Wrong. Meat is graded from prime to choice then select and below. It doesn't receive a letter grade, and in reality you're probably eating what's graded as commercial beef. Dog food quality notwithstanding, it's still fucking beef. Dog food probably comes from canner grade, anyway.

Wrong. Meat is graded from prime to choice then select and below. It doesn't receive a letter grade, and in reality you're probably eating what's graded as commercial beef. Dog food quality notwithstanding, it's still fucking beef. Dog food probably comes from canner grade, anyway.

Hmm, interesting. Seems I've subdued once again to urban legend.

I must ask, have you been double checking everything everyone says, or you just some disgruntled Taco Bell employee who is sick of this rumor?

Did you know, Hitler wasn't blonde?

Yup.

probably why he commited suicide.

Did you know that I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who know the Jonas Brothers?

And Michael Buble?

Did you know, Hitler wasn't blonde?

If the message you're trying to get across here is "Hitler wasn't Aryan," then you're dead wrong, since Aryans were defined as people who had at least seven generations worth of "pure" German blood in them. The idea that Aryans needed to have blonde hair and blue eyes is also a misnomer. Blonde hair and blue eyes were generally indicative of being a slav, and lord oh lord did the Nazis hate the slavs.

Did you know that love is supposedly a trick your brain plays on you in order for you to be even more compelled to reproduce?

Did you know that this is instinctual, not neccesarily love? Love is when you'll do anything for someone, it doesn't always refer to sex, it can even refer to a love for non-living things.

Did you know that Ian McKellan is gay? (Yeah you probably did but whatev.)

EDIT

Did you know that Snape

screw

s Dumbuldore?

Now I feel sorry for Harry, no wonder Dumbledore always called for him!

Edited by Yourgranny

Blonde hair and blue eyes were generally indicative of being a slav, and lord oh lord did the Nazis hate the slavs.

Actually, Slavs have predominately dark hair and I don't think I've ever met one with blue eyes. Scandinavians fit that bill.

Did you know that one of the theories on the origin of AIDs seriously has to do with a man having sex with a monkey?

Did you know...that shinigami...love apples.

Curse you Kira and your ambiguous messages...

Actually, Slavs have predominately dark hair and I don't think I've ever met one with blue eyes. Scandinavians fit that bill.

That's the word I was groping for. I knew it wasn't slavs. Well, clearly I didn't, but.

And did you know that the Black Knight likes to troll? [sarcasm/] <_<

Did you know that if you read this post with a careful eye, it actually contradicts itself and demonstrates a simplistic understanding of English vocabulary?

And did you know that I was simply just being sarcastic? *facepalm*

Did you know that sarcasm is the use of hyperbole and over exaggeration to imply a notion which lies diametrically opposed to the literal content of a message?

Did you know that the phrase "And did you know that the[sic] Black Knight likes to troll? [sarcasm/][sic]", when said sarcastically, actually implies that Black Knight is not a troll? It's true!

Edited by Black Knight

Did you know I'm about to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich and eat it for lunch?

With no researchable proof, this is clearly a lie.

Did you know the great dane (dog breed) actually originates from Germany? No clue why it references Denmark though.

That's right, I am going to go on with the random facts no ones cares about... BECAUSE IT IS FUN.

Did you know I'm about to make a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich and eat it for lunch?

Approved

Did you know the great Dane (dog breed) actually originates from Germany? No clue why it references Denmark though.

Mostly approved.

Irrelevant facts are fun, as you say, and there's nothing contemptible about posting them. It just should be known that in most cases, while amusing, they are oversimplified (as are most "facts").

Did you know that goldfish actually have memory spans much greater than 3 seconds, and can be actively trained in Pavlovian responses?

Did you know that sarcasm is the use of hyperbole and over exaggeration to imply a notion which lies diametrically opposed to the literal content of a message?

Did you know that the phrase "And did you know that the[sic] Black Knight likes to troll? [sarcasm/][sic]", when said sarcastically, actually implies that Black Knight is not a troll? It's true!

Did you know that it wasn't necessary of you to point out the obvious? (as this was actually my intention to begin with...)

Edited by Hyde

Did you know that goldfish actually have memory spans much greater than 3 seconds, and can be actively trained in Pavlovian responses?

I knew of this actually. Going for the most solid of facts generally means they aren't so unknown.

Did you know the cat Pepé Le Pew (Loony Tunes' french skunk) chases around is named Penelope? It was more of a modern change, as originally she was simply known as "random black cat".