Vatican buries the hatchet with Charles Darwin

Shuuda

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are my beliefs, we are all free to believe whatever we want. I say we did not evolve from no ape, you say otherwise. Bring me the first ever monkey that talked and I shall believe in evolution. Oh yeah, wait, don't bother, you wont ever find one, why? Figure it out.

You are an absolute idiot.

Oh, I am not doing research simply because there is not anything to be researched. I dont believe in science nor evolution theories.

See above.

Despite the fact that monkeys talking has nothing to do with evolution, one might be tempted to hand the cretin a mirror as a retort.

See? That is where your so called evolution theories fail.

Wait. What the fuck are you talking about, Loki? Because there's no talking monkey, evolution never happened? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

It's hard to believe it, huh? If we did descend from the ape, how did we manage to learn to speak? Apes as I know it, never spoke. Why don't other animals, beside the parakeet, which just mimics, speak? Why don't humans descend from other animals.

How the fuck do you people explain the many languages in the world? How did that happen eh? Wait, don't tell me that, I think I know. Can you people go back in time and actually see how all the languages came to be?

I'm disagreeing with you. Not agreeing.

I don't know how to get it through your head.

APES AND HUMANS SHARE COMMON ANCESTORS. THE ANCESTORS WHO HAD FAVORABLE ADAPTATIONS SURVIVED, WHILE THE OTHERS DIED OFF. THUS, THAT TRAIT BECAME MORE COMMON. THUS, THE SPECIES EVOLVED. IT DID NOT HAPPEN AT ONE POINT. IT HAPPENED OVER THE SPAN OF MILLIONS OF YEARS. THIS IS NATURAL SELECTION. JUST BECAUSE ANIMALS DO NOT SPEAK OUR LANGUAGE, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY DON'T COMMUNICATE. DOGS BARK, FOR INSTANCE. THAT'S A FORM OF COMMUNICATION. IT ISN'T ENGLISH. OTHER ANIMALS ARE EVOLVING, AND CAN SPEAK, JUST NOT OUR LANGUAGES. OUR BRAINS EVOLVED AND OUR SPEECH BECAME MORE PROMINENT THAN JUST RANDOM GRUNTS, AND OUR BRAINS ARE STILL EVOLVING. WE'RE GETTING RID OF VESTIGIAL PARTS SUCH AS THE APPENDIX, THE TAILBONE, AND THE PINKY TOE THAT NO LONGER SERVE A PURPOSE. THAT IS EVOLUTION.

Got it?

It's hard to believe it, huh? If we did descend from the ape, how did we manage to learn to speak? Apes as I know it, never spoke. Why don't other animals, beside the parakeet, which just mimics, speak? Why don't humans descend from other animals.

We and monkeys descended fromr a common ancestor, but branched off. The reason you see us talking but not monkeys is because their ancestors' environment was different from ours.

You're a fucktard.

How the fuck do you people explain the many languages in the world? How did that happen eh? Wait, don't tell me that, I think I know. Can you people go back in time and actually see how all the languages came to be?

This has nothing to do with evolution, you incoherent moron.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Languages have everything to do with evolution. All races are totally different species that just look similar. BUT they were made to communicate with different types of random grunts. Which is why learning different languages should be forbidden. Because we aren't the same as those stinky Asians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_moth

Pretty much irrefutable evidence that evolution occurs even over relatively short spans of time.

Languages have everything to do with evolution. All races are totally different species that just look similar. BUT they were made to communicate with different types of random grunts. Which is why learning different languages should be forbidden. Because we aren't the same as those stinky Asians.

haha

Edited by dondon151

It's hard to believe it, huh? If we did descend from the ape, how did we manage to learn to speak?

Nobody's claiming we descended from apes.

We learned to speak through a decentralized process taking thousands of years. I'm no expert, but I would think relatively human-like species developed before language did.

Apes as I know it, never spoke.

Indeed.

Why don't other animals, beside the parakeet, which just mimics, speak?

Insufficient intelligence and vocal cords less suited to speaking.

Why don't humans descend from other animals.

Because that wasn't how it happened.

I don't see the relevance of the question. What's your explanation for it, the Tower of Babel story?

Edited by Fruitloop Multipuck

Your lack of intelligence is breathtaking...but hilarious. Normally I would end my post here, but you're pretty stupid even for a Jesus freak, so this shouldn't take long.

1.) The theory of evolution does not posit that humanity descended from apes. This is an absurd strawman used by religious morons and occasionally a genuine misunderstanding by old-fashioned secular morons. Humans and apes are seperate branches of a very diverse evolutionary tree.

2.) Complex language arose from environmental pressures and chance. Other species are capable of the rudiments of language (vocalizations), and some can be trained to communicate via sign (apes, chimpanzees). Some of the more advanced sound-imitating birds (parrots, ravens) WILL use sounds they've learned to respond to tasks, provided training.

3.) Complex speech requires a complex brain. The brain is far and away the most demanding organ in the entire body, and it comes out of the box with very little of value; that's the disadvantage of advanced social animals.

4.) Humans don't descend from other animals because they don't. We don't descend from any currently-living species.

Humans are small social group nomads at their heart. As successive generations of humanity spread to different parts of the globe and became isolated from other groups, their languages developed along different lines.

Edited by Der Kommissar

`~`Wist`~`Loves`~`Eroge`~`, this is not the Far From the Forest board.

This injunction stands for everyone, although it's clearly directed towards certain individuals who have posted in this thread; please refrain from posting insults, they will not be tolerated for either side of the discussion.

Anyway, I skipped the text wall.

Uh, the Catholic Church was saying "Evolution is cool?"

Not bloody likely. They'll shift gears to claiming that god told us about evolution, god exists, and therefore we should repent.

Ignoring that, a great deal of creationists think that the Catholic Church is ungodly, anyway. This will just make them howl all the louder.

Damn it! I forgot that your average creationists are from the Protestant churches. Damn me and forgetting simple little things like that... :(

Because we don't have a talking monkey?

Okay, let me make something perfectly clear: talking monkey is not grounds for saying that evolution didn't happen. As I said before (and will say again since you blatantly ignored my post), wake up, smell the coffee, take a good, hard look around you, and pay attention to what you see! I'll be snarky since being nice got me ignored:

*) Without evolution, there would be no black people, white people, tan people, blonde people, brunette people, green-eyed people, blue eyed people, and so on. I'm not saying that we branched off into different races here: I'm saying that we got derived from our ancestors and branched off from there (I.E., Africans attaining darker skin color, Europeans retaining their lighter skin color, etc.) Without evolution, we'd all look the same.

*) Without evolution, we'd never have to worry about viral sicknesses ever again after getting them. How do you think the Common Cold gets around so much? Because it constantly changes thanks to the constant changing of its DNA. Why do you think the DNA changes so quickly? Evolution, my friend.

So the premise that you need to find a talking monkey to back Evolution is, in a word, bullshit. I'll say it again: wake up, smell the coffee, and stop acting like you know the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything. (And in this case, it's not 42.)

And on another note, did you even care to click on that video I posted earlier? (I wasn't kidding about that being a talking monkey, you know.)

As tempting as adding a post is, I've nothing to add to the discussion. Posts on this page have everything covered and to reiterate anything would just make for boring reading material.

Well said everyone.

Edited by Bohemund

As tempting as adding a post is, I've nothing to add to the discussion. Posts on this page have everything covered and to reiterate anything would just make for boring reading material.

Well said everyone.

I'm completely in agreement with you. Hell, I almost fell asleep reading all this crap.