Vatican buries the hatchet with Charles Darwin

Shuuda

Man evolved from ape? Give me a break. If so, like I said, why don't we keep evolving out of apes? Answer that to me, Shuuda. Why don't we still keep descending out of them? We did once, according to your theories. Why not now? Did the apes die? I don't think so. Why did we learn to talk? Why did apes not? Eh?

This is seriously the funniest counter-evolution argument that I hear.

"Man evolved from ape? Why don't apes walk out of the Birmingham zoo?"

The reason why apes aren't instantaneously evolving into humans is because they need a Fire Stone. Though I should add that the 3-toed ancestors to the modern horse don't need an evolution stone but rather evolve at level 32.

Edited by dondon151

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Catholic, and I've believed in evolution for some time. But that doesn't contradict many beliefs of the church (like they said in the article). I'm glad the church is openly admitting it and starting to open fundamentalists' eyes to evolution. Now I don't know if there is ONLY evolution, but just evolution occurring is pretty much proved. We've watched it happen.

Now I'd like to take a minute to mention that Intelligent Design and Creationist theories are totally different. Intelligent design basically says that some higher being helped create the universe (doesn't contradict evolution at all), while Creationists usually believe in some equivalent to the Adam and Eve story (contradicts evolution quite a bit). Those may not be the exact terms, but you get the idea.

Finally, I'd just like to say that it's really funny how humans have basically halted evolution. We save every version of every creature possible.

I'm neutral with evolution. I'm not entirely sure about us exactly being the same descendants of apes, but I can imagine that other critters evolved and such. This is coming from a Baptist Christian, one of the strictest branches of them all!

Finally, I'd just like to say that it's really funny how humans have basically halted evolution. We save every version of every creature possible.
Uh, no, we really don't. There are many species human beings intentionally and unintentionally destroy, possibly more than ones we like.

The way I see it, the real uptight, hardcore, fundies will still hold on and still won't believe that evolution is a theory that even the Catholic church agrees with. Those with a unbiased point of view well look into this and see if this can mix in with their faith.

Would be something if God did created evolution as well as creationism but there could be some conflicts.

I is not a catholic, yes, lower case. :D

Except that not all Christians are Catholic. Oops :lol:

Amen to that.

Because it already happened. Nobody said we turn back into them.

No wonder you think it doesn't make sense; what you're saying is nothing like how evolution works. Repeatedly turning into apes and turning back would be hard for me to believe too. Hahaha, you have no answer to prove your facts, I laugh out loud. XD

You thought wrong. They died. Many of them hundreds of thousands of years ago. It's their descendants that changed.

--I lol at this nonsense.

Either "we" were put in situations where higher communication was very beneficial, or it was luck of the draw.

It's a technicality, but I nearly said the same thing after reading the first line of the article. I did some background research, though, and apparently as far up in classification as Hominidae, all members of the family were apes. Obviously though, we still didn't evolve from MODERN apes. Wait, so we evolved from Cyvapithicus. lol

These are my beliefs, we are all free to believe whatever we want. I say we did not evolve from no ape, you say otherwise. Bring me the first ever monkey that talked and I shall believe in evolution. Oh yeah, wait, don't bother, you wont ever find one, why? Figure it out.

Humans are still evolving: We are losing our hair, we are increasingly losing any sort of muscle function of our ear lobes, we are no longer really using the appendix (sp?) and gall bladder and in about 100000 years our pinky toes will no longer exist.

Oh, and we're becoming smarter too. As long as we survive ourselves these things are likely to happen.

Humans are still evolving: We are losing our hair, we are increasingly losing any sort of muscle function of our ear lobes, we are no longer really using the appendix (sp?) and gall bladder and in about 100000 years our pinky toes will no longer exist.

Oh, and we're becoming smarter too. As long as we survive ourselves these things are likely to happen.

what???? but i like my pinky toes!!!!!!!!!!!!

XD

Edited by Little Red Riding Hood

I is not a catholic, yes, lower case. :D

Amen to that.

These are my beliefs, we are all free to believe whatever we want. I say we did not evolve from no ape, you say otherwise. Bring me the first ever monkey that talked and I shall believe in evolution. Oh yeah, wait, don't bother, you wont ever find one, why? Figure it out.

Yes, but you also believe the world is almost at the end and that you are an amazing author.

Please Jarly, for once in your life just fucking listen.

Do you know why we will never find the first monkey that talked? BECAUSE ITS FUCKING DEAD. Do you have even a smidgen of a clue how evolution works? Do you? Because anyone who does cannot come anywhere close to denying the factuality of the basic premise. It has been observed in nature on several occasions. The basic idea is about as disputable as gravity.

But then again, this is you...

Yes, but you also believe the world is almost at the end and that you are an amazing author.

Please Jarly, for once in your life just fucking listen.

Do you know why we will never find the first monkey that talked? BECAUSE ITS FUCKING DEAD. Do you have even a smidgen of a clue how evolution works? Do you? Because anyone who does cannot come anywhere close to denying the factuality of the basic premise. It has been observed in nature on several occasions. The basic idea is about as disputable as gravity.

But then again, this is you...

Lol, Jarly. XD

Because its fucking DEAD? Listen to you go. There are no monkeys that talk, never been, never will be. ^^

These are my beliefs, we are all free to believe whatever we want. I say we did not evolve from no ape, you say otherwise.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own fact"

- Senator Daniel Moynihan

Wiser words were never spoken.

Lol, Jarly. XD

Because its fucking DEAD? Listen to you go. There are no monkeys that talk, never been, never will be. ^^

Let's play a game. It's called "Supply evidence or logical reasoning or SOMETHING or else look like a fucking moron". I go first.

Now, first of all, it's not necessarily a talking monkey, in fact, it was more likely a succession of various human ancestors with steadily increasing vocal capabilities. It didn't advance all at once. But over generations, the parts of the body necessary for speech gradually developed and improved to the point they are today. So it wasn't a monkey really at all. It eventually died out due to natural selection, making way for a newer, more adapted species. That's how the whole idea WORKS.

Let's play a game. It's called "Supply evidence or logical reasoning or SOMETHING or else look like a fucking moron". I go first.

Now, first of all, it's not necessarily a talking monkey, in fact, it was more likely a succession of various human ancestors with steadily increasing vocal capabilities. It didn't advance all at once. But over generations, the parts of the body necessary for speech gradually developed and improved to the point they are today. So it wasn't a monkey really at all. It eventually died out due to natural selection, making way for a newer, more adapted species. That's how the whole idea WORKS.

You are full of it. :lol: Various human ancestors? XD

You are full of it. :lol: Various human ancestors? XD

Löki, you aren't exactly helping your stance. Instead of just rambling on about how you're right and everyone else is wrong, do some research on the subject. Find some actual proof to back up your beliefs. You're doing yourself and everyone else a disservice by posting in this manner.

Bring me the first ever monkey that talked and I shall believe in evolution. Oh yeah, wait, don't bother, you wont ever find one, why? Figure it out.

What the fuck are you trying to say here?

Something I found strange too, but then I was reminded of how cute this looked.

Kiwi_bw.gif

One of these days I'm going to New Zealand and smuggle Kiwis back home.

We're currently in the evolution of the human mind. I hope.

You don't even seem to have a grasp on how evolution works. If you don't know how it works, then you're in no position to criticize it (because in fact, you're criticizing your own conception of evolution that's different from what's generally accepted, so you're not even arguing the point).

Here's how evolution works: monkey evolves into man with a Fire Stone. This gives monkey the ability to create fire (i.e. superior intelligence and dexterity) and causes him to evolve into man. In the case of the Thunder Stone, monkey evolves into Zeus, except Thunder Stones have a very poor affinity for monkeys, so this evolution has only been documented in ancient Greek mythology. While we're on the topic of Greek mythology, it was Prometheus, not Darwin, who first discovered the mechanism of monkey's evolution to man via Fire Stone.

(In all seriousness, research your opposition, PLEASE.)

Edited by dondon151

You are full of it. :lol: Everything you say being 100% correct just because you say so? XD

When did I say all I said was correct? I think I said those were just my beliefs. You should learn to read.

Löki, you aren't exactly helping your stance. Instead of just rambling on about how you're right and everyone else is wrong, do some research on the subject. Find some actual proof to back up your beliefs. You're doing yourself and everyone else a disservice by posting in this manner.

Oh, I am not doing research simply because there is not anything to be researched. I dont believe in science nor evolution theories. You people dont believe in the bible, so I don't wanna go look up for scripts there.

As to me making myself a disservice, what about the others that have posted crappy stuff too? Like Dondon and ZXVala?

What the fuck are you trying to say here?

Simple, that apes never talked, nor will talk, no matter what you may think. Was that too hard to undestand? My post I mean.

You don't even seem to have a grasp on how evolution works. If you don't know how it works, then you're in no position to criticize it (because in fact, you're criticizing your own conception of evolution that's different from what's generally accepted, so you're not even arguing the point).

Here's how evolution works: monkey evolves into man with a Fire Stone. This gives monkey the ability to create fire (i.e. superior intelligence and dexterity) and causes him to evolve into man. In the case of the Thunder Stone, monkey evolves into Zeus, except Thunder Stones have a very poor affinity for monkeys, so this evolution has only been documented in ancient Greek mythology. While we're on the topic of Greek mythology, it was Prometheus, not Darwin, who first discovered the mechanism of monkey's evolution to man via Fire Stone.

(In all seriousness, research your opposition, PLEASE.)

Via Fire Stone? What the hell is that?

Nice job backing up your point with evidence or an explanation!

And you too. Bring me some real proof, like I said, if you wanna me a believer out of me. I doubt you will, I stand firmly in what I believe, just like you do.

At this point would it count as flaming to call Loki a moron, or would it simply be a statement of fact?

You can open your mouth and speak what you have to say. Why ask the Mods or Ads? Afraid to get in trouble?

I once called someone a moron here and got in trouble. XD

When did I say all I said was correct? I think I said those were just my beliefs. You should learn to read.

Oh, I am not doing research simply because there is not anything to be researched. I dont believe in science nor evolution theories. You people dont believe in the bible, so I don't wanna go look up for scripts there.

As to me making myself a disservice, what about the others that have posted crappy stuff too? Like Dondon and ZXVala?

Simple, that apes never talked, nor will talk, no matter what you may think. Was that too hard to undestand? My post I mean.

Via Fire Stone? What the hell is that?

And you too. Bring me some real proof, like I said, if you wanna me a believer out of me. I doubt you will, I stand firmly in what I believe, just like you do.

Go fuck yourself. No wait, better, your mother. I have provided logical explanations for my points. You have not.

But you know what, I can do what you do as well.

You clearly have anal sex with horses every day. I know this to be fact. I believe it, therefore it is true. You cannot prove me wrong. Go ahead and try. You won't be able to.

At this point would it count as flaming to call Loki a moron, or would it simply be a statement of fact?

The latter. Jarly is clearly retarded. Either that or an interesting troll, but he denies that, so :(.

As they say, so many knowledge!