• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Both games also have terrible translations too. Go figure.

That scene managed to be sad and disgusting. But maybe the worst thing Terranigma did was portraying China in maybe the worst way possible in the game.

Oh no, that's not the exact line, just the general gist of it. But I agree, the translation was off at times. One thing however that is lol worthy, is Beruga's "Thank you for arousing me." line. XD

And also a bit philosophical, though that didn't made it any less disturbing.

Heh, I suppose so. Though Russia gets it a bit worse by having Mosque (Moscow) as worshipers of Beruga with KKK-esque outfits, his castle in the Black Sea equivalent, and main fortress in Siberia (more like Kamchatka, but the Siberia overworld label covers that area for some reason).

In fact, you could say portraying Russia and China in a bad light sounds like an indirect jab to communism...

Possibly, maybe since I wasn't so curious about the pokemon around because I had already planned out my whole team. I probably only fought trainers

but i kinda skipped both

though i suppose trading made a difference or something

WE ARE LOSING HER

TONTON'S NEXT

losing her, huh

Noooo.

what

don't tell me you can't pronounce it

Edited by TheEnd

In fact, you could say portraying Russia and China in a bad light sounds like an indirect jab to communism...

No wait, they already do that blatantly with Louie with Loire's future if he wins. At least they made him a decent guy and the town remaining the same instead of making him a jerk or something and the town becoming worse.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Because, in days past, they WERE considered 'better'. That's not as common a mentality anymore... I think... (at least where I live), but the older ones still think that way often, because they're USED to it and it's hard to change.

It's not really that common here either... I know change is scary yet... sigh...

Gender equality is a huge issue in many ways

But anyway, if it's a mindset that doesn't benefit you and rebelling against it isn't against the law, it isn't necessarily something you should take to heart

In fact, it probably isn't - otherwise, you're playing a battle with little chance of victory

She agreed with the California part, that's what matters

You need to know what your priorities are, so that illusionary setbacks don't keep you from achieving your objectives

well... yes, but I guess I was ... eh... I dunno. But I know it's something I shouldn't take to heart or hell, I shouldn't even have been listening to in the first place! I don't know why, it just stung me the moment she blurted those words out.

I think I know what they are... I just... argggggggh. It doesn't help that I've been in a shitty mood lately...

I think the explanation I was given was that girls matured quicker than guys so they should want older guys because they would be about just as mature (or more mature)

Perhaps the explanation I was given was just the nice answer? x3 (or wrong)

Hmmm... well, maybe it was a nice answer, but not necessarily true for guys either. :< I think. Or... well.... more like... it's not true for all guys!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah fuck it. I think I'm gonna try to head to bed early tonight or something. >_> Goodnight thread. Or something.

Edited by Magnolia

Oh no, that's not the exact line, just the general gist of it. But I agree, the translation was off at times. One thing however that is lol worthy, is Beruga's "Thank you for arousing me." line. XD

And also a bit philosophical, though that didn't made it any less disturbing.

Heh, I suppose so. Though Russia gets it a bit worse by having Mosque (Moscow) as worshipers of Beruga with KKK-esque outfits, his castle in the Black Sea equivalent, and main fortress in Siberia (more like Kamchatka, but the Siberia overworld label covers that area for some reason).

BoF had it worse. A NPC called Karashnikov was translated to Karashinikofu...

I dunno, at least Russia wasn't a goddamn shithole where everything is dirty. THERE WERE LIONS ON THE SEWER FOR FUCK'S SAKE. And people didn't talk properly. That chapter with them zombies was a bit controversial, too. WHO KNOWS WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO MEAN.

I see that Loire event as something more historical than anything, tbh.

you never had me

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

losing her, huh

Oh wow

pregnancy?

more like uterus cancer

Whew that's a relief

I thought them dead fetus from Splatterhouse were gonna appear...

BoF had it worse. A NPC called Karashnikov was translated to Karashinikofu...

I dunno, at least Russia wasn't a goddamn shithole where everything is dirty. THERE WERE LIONS ON THE SEWER FOR FUCK'S SAKE. And people didn't talk properly. That chapter with them zombies was a bit controversial, too. WHO KNOWS WHAT IT WAS SUPPOSED TO MEAN.

I see that Loire event as something more historical than anything, tbh.

Even so, it was portrayed as the bad guys' sphere of influence. Ah, you mean Neotokio? Well, a cop there does say she's on a case of someone illegally keeping a lion. I see that as a bit of foreshadowing as to how the heck Liam got there in the first place, he was not meant to be there, but then Asmodeus happened and well, he had free reign to roam the city. The zombies... well, considering it's in Mongolia... probably nothing. Just a coincidence at most, since it doesn't really look like it's tied to anything. Maybe you could argue about Beruga's immortality experiments, but even then, it could still be a coincidence he decided to turn the Gobi Desert into zombie land. The town itself doesn't seem to be a parallel of anything, with the Gobi Desert being the only thing tying it to a set RL place, so yeah...

Well yeah, it's basically parallel to the French Revolution, specially with the institution of Democracy to the place. But still, that the only two candidates meant the elections were basically a Capitalism vs. Communism decision, not to mention how different they were in attitudes, appearances, and life styles; that one made the town prosper and the other have it remain the same, the intentions are still a bit obvious. That can't be a mere coincidence.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Dana Scott:

so that’s what the potential employer sees.

they read candidates, not affirmative-action cases.

you can’t help that you’re privileged with these opportunities.

what matters is what you do with what you have.

and honestly?

they’re not going to not interview you because you’re not diverse.

that’s a decision they make after they interview and know who they want working in their lab.

firms are rational actors, pal.

i’m not going to let you try to argue with me about that because you’re going to embarrass yourself.

WHY IS FINDING SUMMER WORK SO HARD.

Even so, it was portrayed as the bad guys' sphere of influence. Ah, you mean Neotokio? Well, a cop there does say she's on a case of someone illegally keeping a lion. I see that as a bit of foreshadowing as to how the heck Liam got there in the first place, he was not meant to be there, but then Asmodeus happened and well, he had free reign to roam the city. The zombies... well, considering it's in Mongolia... probably nothing. Just a coincidence at most, since it doesn't really look like it's tied to anything. Maybe you could argue about Beruga's immortality experiments, but even then, it could still be a coincidence he decided to turn the Gobi Desert into zombie land. The town itself doesn't seem to be a parallel of anything, with the Gobi Desert being the only thing tying it to a set RL place, so yeah...

Well yeah, it's basically parallel to the French Revolution, specially with the institution of Democracy to the place. But still, that the only two candidates meant the elections were basically a Capitalism vs. Communism decision, not to mention how different they were in attitudes, appearances, and life styles; that one made the town prosper and the other have it remain the same, the intentions are still a bit obvious. That can't be a mere coincidence.

Genghis Khan deserved better than a bunch of zombies near his territory. But even so, they could make it worse. Beruga only has the location in common, otherwise it's not like he's an ultra commie.

ALSO WHY'S THERE A CONTINENT THAT WE NEVER GET TO VISIT? FUCK THAT

But it makes sense when you think about it historically. Communist countries back then kinda stagnated and couldn't keep up with the capitalist ones. So the game did nothing wrong regarding that. It's less hysterical than Zangief's ending in SFII.

Liotto also has some terribly stereotypical shit. So you go to the restaurant, and what are the options? CAIPILINHA, FEJUADA AND CAFFÉ.

Beautiful.