FE4 THREAD

Fia

It doesn't matter how strong your armor is... All I have to do is kick it.

Heh, who has that quote? Or you're making it up?

I do refer to Haken as "Poker Man" on occasion, anyways

And how does Kaguya get hit on by what's essentially a minotaur???

Heh

Well, I can think of a reason...

• Replies 674.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the type of game this is... I wouldn't call it a coincidence that about one of the only two named minor NPC's of the place is named Temjin in what is essentially Mongolia. Heck, the only other named NPC is Hedin, which we know is based from the explorer Hedyn, so it would seem odd for one to be based on a real person, and the other be an in-name only.

I wouldn't think it was a case of not enough time, considering many places like Indonesia and New Zealand got at least minor areas to explore for a treasure chest or two. If nothing big, they could've at least done the same to southern Africa. Unless that is indeed where they started to run out of time.

Were there teenagers in that place? I don't remember. Or you mean Ark? Well, considering the 3 year time skip I'm sure Ark was already of legal age by then. Even then, it's not like it's the only place Ark gets to drink alcoholic stuff anyway.

I guess it is an exception. There really isn't that much in common with the real Genghis other than maybe being a terrible boss.

Prolly. I mean, Africa has enough potential, both for controversy and for awesome dungeons and cities. If even RIO DE JANEIRO got a representation, why didn't any damn place in Africa?

I dunno, but didn't Ark die once by that point? Also, Ark dies quite a lot....

BTW did you see the ending?

ツバメガエシ???

燕返し COME ON DID YOU NOT WATCH PRINCE OF TENNIS

Wait, so they're rejected for being over-qualified? >____>

I have a friend who got rejected from Northwestern who currently goes to Columbia.

Another girl in my grade didn't get into USC but now goes to Yale.

My best friend didn't get into Middlebury and currently attends the University of Oxford.

Hell, I didn't get into Rutgers engineering and now I go to Emory.

These things happen.

ツバメガエシ???

Good.

don't tell me you don't know what that is

Wait, so they're rejected for being over-qualified? >____>

Happens all the time

of all tsubamegaeshi references imaginable, you had to choose one from an anime about gay men in shorts

okay

I'm like upper-middle class at best, so there's no way I'm going to be able to sustain my life with whatever "fortune" my parents have saved up.

And I know that, I just wish there was some way to tell people that yeah, I've just been lucky and blessed with opportunities, but I've strapped on my big boy pants like everyone else and jumped on the initiative to take those opportunities. But I can never seem to get my point across that I'm strong-minded and independent because all people see is a upper class douchebag from prep school bragging about all of his "haves" to all of his "have-not" friends.

Just fucking ugh.

At least Dana understands me because she's actually from a legitimately upper class family with their rich lifestyles and social statuses and whatnot so she doesn't even bother denying her privilege... but having my girlfriend understanding my situation probably isn't going to help me get a job.

be humble and give credit to your colleagues when it's due is probably the best advice i can give

human ressources can suck all the cocks, though seeing some of my friends talking about their employment issues is burning up the scars of my own unemployment. best i can give is advice, but even then sometimes what worked for me might not work for other people, and usually they're in worse situations than i ever were

of all tsubamegaeshi references imaginable, you had to choose one from an anime about gay men in shorts

okay

GO TO BED

be humble and give credit to your colleagues when it's due is probably the best advice i can give

human ressources can suck all the cocks, though seeing some of my friends talking about their employment issues is burning up the scars of my own unemployment. best i can give is advice, but even then sometimes what worked for me might not work for other people, and usually they're in worse situations than i ever were

Is this what adulthood is like. ;___;

I have a friend who got rejected from Northwestern who currently goes to Columbia.

Another girl in my grade didn't get into USC but now goes to Yale.

My best friend didn't get into Middlebury and currently attends the University of Oxford.

Hell, I didn't get into Rutgers engineering and now I go to Emory.

These things happen.

Heard of it, but never bothered. The only sports anime I ever watched was Free.

Wow. That's... like... wow.

I'm just waiting for my admission letters which are all coming in a few weeks.

don't tell me you don't know what that is

Happens all the time

okay

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

That sucks. If anything, wouldn't they want someone who's overqualified, if that guy is willing to do the work?

Lol.

Free.

Gay(ly fucking awesome oh my god I loved free so much)(

Wow. That's... like... wow.

I'm just waiting for my admission letters which are all coming in a few weeks.

GOOD LUCK BRO. <3

I guess it is an exception. There really isn't that much in common with the real Genghis other than maybe being a terrible boss.

Prolly. I mean, Africa has enough potential, both for controversy and for awesome dungeons and cities. If even RIO DE JANEIRO got a representation, why didn't any damn place in Africa?

I dunno, but didn't Ark die once by that point? Also, Ark dies quite a lot....

BTW did you see the ending?

I suppose then.

You know what would've been neat? If south Africa had an IoG throwback. Think about it, in IoG's ending, you see that the landmass that South Cape was in was essentially Africa (yes, I know the same landmass had the Nazca Lines, but still). Would've been cool, kinda like how IoG has Soul Blazer's Metal Mantis in a bonus dungeon with a fight pretty much identical to the Soul Blazer one. Alas, that didn't happened.

No, Ark didn't died that time, though he did fell into what is was essentially a coma.

Yes. Was kinda cool, and then that scene at the end opened a new can of unanswered questions...

That sucks. If anything, wouldn't they want someone who's overqualified, if that guy is willing to do the work?

In the case of schools, they always send out more admission letters than they have spots available, because it's accepted that not all of them are going to attend this school. Some people aren't even worth sending a letter to, because it's obvious that they're not coming.

Gay(ly fucking awesome oh my god I loved free so much)

GOOD LUCK BRO. <3

WHITE TEXT. I liked it, too.

The suspense... ;~;

I mean, UPenn's decision is coming out on the 27th (MY BIRTHDAY ;~;), and Hopkins a day after, with the rest coming on/a bit after April 1st. I'm in for such disappointment. Both of those schools are long-shots. At least for me... :<

Edited by Not-an-Apple

Heh, who has that quote? Or you're making it up?

Heh

Well, I can think of a reason...

I remember seeing a vid of the Gespenst Kick. That was what was said, but by who, I dunno. (Or at least, he said something similar)

...Turns out it was something similar:

This is the vid in question. And the voice was actually done by Brad Ry.

That black and white outfit can't be helping her case in that regard, can it...

This thread needs some more Sasaki Kojiro.

Or Tachibana Ukyo. Take your pick.

Ukyo is the third most badass character in SS.

I suppose then.

You know what would've been neat? If south Africa had an IoG throwback. Think about it, in IoG's ending, you see that the landmass that South Cape was in was essentially Africa (yes, I know the same landmass had the Nazca Lines, but still). Would've been cool, kinda like how IoG has Soul Blazer's Metal Mantis in a bonus dungeon with a fight pretty much identical to the Soul Blazer one. Alas, that didn't happened.

No, Ark didn't died that time, though he did fell into what is was essentially a coma.

Yes. Was kinda cool, and then that scene at the end opened a new can of unanswered questions...

You know what would've been neat? A REMAKE.

But yeah, more throwbacks to the previous Quintet titles would've been awesome.

Sometimes this game is confusing. I need to beat it again.

It is better that way. One of the most moving scenes on the SNES, easily.

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Lol.

that was a pretty long no

aerial ace in japanese

also the famous technique of musashi's rival, from japanese literature

and thus it's referenced left and right in a lot of japanese media

many motives

maybe they want to exploit the poor soul, and someone more qualified won't agree with it

maybe it's a very repetitive work that would drive more qualified workers away quickly, forcing them to hire and train someone else again

maybe they're jealous

maybe they're douches

but either way, i've seen more than once the idea of "overqualified" being a nice word for "unqualified" - ie not what they're look for

also screw job-seeking, i'd be a neet if not for civil service

This thread needs some more Sasaki Kojiro.

Or Tachibana Ukyo. Take your pick.

I know the original source, but Ukyo's shout is my reference Edited by TheEnd

that was a pretty long no

aerial ace in japanese

also the famous technique of musashi's rival, from japanese literature

many motives

maybe they want to exploit the poor soul, and someone more qualified won't agree with it

maybe it's a very repetitive work that would drive more qualified workers away quickly, forcing them to hire and train someone else again

maybe they're jealous

maybe they're douches

but either way, i've seen more than once the idea of "overqualified" being a nice word for "unqualified" - ie not what they're look for

also screw job-seeking, i'd be a neet if not for civil service

Ooooooohhhhhh. AERIAL ACE! I knew that.

YOU MAKE IT SOUND SO DEPRESSING. ;~;

Ooooooohhhhhh. AERIAL ACE! I knew that.

YOU MAKE IT SOUND SO DEPRESSING. ;~;

sure you did

i stayed unemployed for four years

what were you expecting

GAY MAN IN SHORTS WITH BISHO HAIR AND CLOSED EYES RETURNING TOPSPIN SHOTS WITH EXTREME SLICE SO THAT THE BALL DOESN'T BOUNCE YEAH

WHITE TEXT. I liked it, too.

The suspense... ;~;

I mean, UPenn's decision is coming out on the 27th (MY BIRTHDAY ;~;), and Hopkins a day after, with the rest coming on/a bit after April 1st. I'm in for such disappointment. Both of those schools are long-shots. At least for me... :<

shhh

Dude the fear is real.

I got my Harvard letter right as I started tennis practice, and I had two bars of 1x out on the courts, so I could see on my phone that I had an email titled "Your Harvard University Application Decision" but I couldn't check it because it refused to download so two hours later I ran back from practice... and ran face-first into a rejection letter.

Also screw johns hopkins.

You wanna be a doctor?

WELL FUCK YOU, EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A DOCTOR.

Or well, that was my reasoning

Edited by Naminé

You know what would've been neat? A REMAKE.

But yeah, more throwbacks to the previous Quintet titles would've been awesome.

Sometimes this game is confusing. I need to beat it again.

It is better that way. One of the most moving scenes on the SNES, easily.

Hopefully one day we can have word about that. According to Wikipedia the Quintet members have still remained in video game work if on their own so we know they're still around... now if only they would speak about their Quintet works or someone could ask them... actually, hasn't Actraiser been released on the VC? That could be a sign that perhaps their works aren't that lost in legal limbo...

Ah yes, it does require quite a bit of thinking on one's own to piece stuff together... but I like that so I don't mind.

Ambiguity's charm at work, yes.

That black and white outfit can't be helping her case in that regard, can it...

She is already referred to as the Dairy Princess or Cow Princess or something. The pun speaks for itself there.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

She is already referred to as the Dairy Princess or Cow Princess or something. The pun speaks for itself there.

Exactly. They even mention it (though not directly) in Dokugozu's (Poison Ox Head) entry.

Edited by Levant Caprice

Hopefully one day we can have word about that. According to Wikipedia the Quintet members have still remained in video game work if on their own so we know they're still around... now if only they would speak about their Quintet works or someone could ask them... actually, hasn't Actraiser been released on the VC? That could be a sign that perhaps their works aren't that lost in legal limbo...

Ah yes, it does require quite a bit of thinking on one's own to piece stuff together... but I like that so I don't mind.

Ambiguity's charm at work, yes.

I dunno. Quintet is pretty much dead. And there's a difference between a side-scrolling platformer which is a lighthearted game, and a GODDAMN heavy game like Terranigma which NEVER got released in the USA. I believe it'll be way harder to do so.

Yeah, I was scratching my head many times. TBH I didn't pay much attention at times.

Sometimes, yeah. One thing is not answering everything to induce the player/viewer to draw their conclusions, other is being a bad writer.