The official Claim a Character thread

Kriemhild

Because in the end of the day that's what the claiming is all about.

The person who claims first has the right to decide whether they will share or not.

What if they are unable to log in for 2 months and then they find out what happened?

Someone may find this unreasonable but I am just saying it.

I'm unsure of what the specific objection is here. Is it that you think two months is too little for a user to be deemed inactive enough to forgo exclusivity rights on claiming? In that case, how long do you think would be appropriate? Or are you objecting to the fact that inactive users CAN lose their rights to exclusivity?

Inactive users shouldn't get exclusive access to characters because this whole Claim a Character business is restricted to SF. These are users of Serenes Forest that are claiming characters. These claims have no validity outside of SF anyway. Therefore, it should logically follow that the user carrying the claims is active in SF. The presence of inactive users should not impair the claims of active users. At the very least, those characters claimed by inactives should be available for sharing for the active users, rather than keeping some characters permanently off-limits because the original claimant doesn't exist in SF anymore.

I believe the six months case should be applied here as well,

you are free to disagree I won't hold it against you at all.

Not sure what you mean here, but the six months case works under the same logic. If somebody is inactive for way too long, and doesn't even respond within a week after receiving the PM, there's no reason to allow this person to impair the exclusivity rights of the active users. Might as well consider such people as having left SF entirely.

And thank you for being responsible for this.

Well, somebody has to be responsible...

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I wanted to say is that in both cases we should wait for 6 months. I never said I am against inactive users losing their rights to their claims, in fact I said before I am for it.

And that's that.

Come to think of it...there should be something to handle multiple people waiting for a share from an inactive.

Like, both people get the share when the forced sharing period begins, as opposed to whoever notices first.

calm down you two

Also, I believe I asked this before, but could I get a Dangan Ronpa masterlist?

calm down you two

Could you make one? :P:

What I wanted to say is that in both cases we should wait for 6 months. I never said I am against inactive users losing their rights to their claims, in fact I said before I am for it.

But exclusive claims and shared claims are of two different levels. The former restricts others from getting characters, while the latter does not. There should be a middle ground where active users can still get a share of the character while honoring the claim of the original (now inactive) claimer.

Basically, your suggestion involves the inactive user's claims transitioning from Exclusive Claim -> No Claim, with nothing in between. What I think would be better is to transition from Exclusive Claim -> Shared (non-exclusive) Claim -> No Claim.

Also, since Shirley seems to have approved, I've upgraded the rules accordingly and they are now in effect. Still, though, the rules aren't set in stone, and any further suggestions are welcome. Also, to prevent myself from getting an unfair advantage, I myself will wait for 24 hours before I exploit these rules.

Come to think of it...there should be something to handle multiple people waiting for a share from an inactive.

Like, both people get the share when the forced sharing period begins, as opposed to whoever notices first.

But whoever notices first is how people claim characters. X and Y both want character A, but X searched first, confirmed A's unavailability (either by not being claimed, or claimed by an inactive), and proceeds to claim A (or share with a two-months-inactive). Even if Y wants A, X still got A first and has every right to withhold A from Y.

That being said, I am considering adding another rule that if a character is available for claiming or unconsented sharing, the first active user that expresses interest in claiming this character will get priority to claim or share this character. They will be informed of their priority of the character, and it'll be up to them whether to keep the character exclusively, allow sharing, or drop them entirely. The latter will be assumed if the user does not respond within a week after being informed of the priority.

What do you guys think?

calm down you two

As others have said, make one yourself. The reason I'm not making it is because I haven't played SDR2 Edited by Railgun

here comes my first claim. I claim Furude Rika

Source Material: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni / When the Cicadas Cry

Tags: Nipaaaaaa~!

I claims Idenn of the Three Demon Dragons name to be added to my Idoun's side, and Jenova of FFVII (If she has been released)

Idoun is still under Al, unless he dropped. Jenova is was free. Edited by Railgun

I claims Idenn of the Three Demon Dragons name to be added to my Idoun's side

You can't claim the same character more than once. Also, I'm not sharing Idun with the likes of you.

Edited by Just call me Al

off topic but whats a masterlist?

A list of characters from a specific franchise, listing down who claimed them and such. It helps to have a list that people can conveniently refer to. All lists are linked in the opening post under the Lists section.

While I'm doing the list, I'm gonna claim Mukuro Ikusaba and Sayaka Maizono from Dangan Ronpa.

Edited by Magnolia