advice

Oujay

I've played this game a few times through, and rath is usefull in the first few chapters, but when you get him back, he is under leveled and is hard to train him back up. Is it worth it to train him back up?

You can if you want. But one of the only ways I can think of to bring him up to speed is through arena abuse. If you don't wanna do it, then there's not much else I can help you with. Are there any specifics on which type of playthrough it is? Is it ranked, efficient, or regular?

But at any rate, ditto what Ninji said.

Edited by Little Al

Whether or not it's worth it is strictly up to you. I personally enjoy using Rath, but he does come underleveled. The best way to use him is to save Guy's A slot and Lyn's B slot for him and get him to attack some of Kinship's Bond's Wyvern Knights to get him up fast and as painless as possible. You can take him to Living Legend if you want, but he might have a difficult time with only 2 move in the Sand.

If you're going to use him seriously, try to level him up as much as possible in Lyn's mode so he won't be completely useless later. Then, in Kinship's Bond, you need to recruit him as fast a possible so he can take potshots at other enemies and any Wyverns that attack. It's actually possible to get him to kill the boss, but I don't recommend doing that unless you're really desperate for him to get EXP.

(The above is what I do whenever I use him. Your other option is either kill-feeding or arena abuse)

Arenas.

Otherwise, Rath is a rather problematic case. He is able to get a good amount of Wyvern kills on the following chapters, though. I also think he makes a pretty good candidate for the Afa's drop due to his level/joining situation but that's just me.

I don't really recommend Rath, at the time he comes, he is weak and is easily killed because the enemy is stronger by that time, if you're going to have total dedication, then train him rather at arena or RNG manipulation. You're free to try but it's difficult in the way that you have already built a bold team. Otherwise Rath isn't too great, he's just good, Wil, Rebeca or Louise are better the effort.

• 3 weeks later...

Rath isn't the best unit to use, But I like him. You can get his level up in the chapter with vaida against some of the wyverns. I give him Reinfleche though so I always use him :D

Rath appears just as the same time wyverns do. He'll have a hard time being very useful in the circumstances of his first few chapters - he could be fine in Genesis due to being able to use Longbows (not taking counters and being able to attack in confined space = yay), but the unit selection is so limited you'd rather take an extra healer or high hp/res character there. However, in like every single chapter after that, especially FFO and Unfulfilled Heart, there is a ton of wyverns which he should be able to ORKO using just a Steel Bow, so that'll shoot him up.

Eh. He's okay, I don't really use him that much. The chapter after he comes back in is chock-full of flying units... with snow.

I think I just planted him in front of Merlinus or something. Other than that, he's benched.

Eh. He's okay, I don't really use him that much. The chapter after he comes back in is chock-full of flying units... with snow.

I think I just planted him in front of Merlinus or something. Other than that, he's benched.

I dont think letting him stay with Merlinus is a good ideal cause there's a good chance for him to be killed or surrounded by the pegasus riders (note the pegasus knight is really a problem if Rath's lv is still low).

I dump Wil and give all his bows to Rath, then have Rath attack as much as possible in Lyn mode. Then, get him above level 10 in Kinship's Bond and give him the Orion's Bolt from Four-Fanged Offense. Mine is doing pretty okay now, though I swapped Wil for Rebecca in this case.

Rath has and probably never will be good for me *sigh*. He comes way too late and generally his level is low. He comes in a chapter with Wyvern Riders, but so doesn't Heath and he could definitely use the EXP too.

To be honest, bench Rath, use Rebecca/Wil, use Wyverns for freshly promoted units to get exp and Heath. Rebecca/Wil is just as sucky, but without the fear of teh P0NYSLAYA coming up and raping you. Not that there are many, but I believe there are a few after that chapter.

To be honest, bench Rath, use Rebecca/Wil, use Wyverns for freshly promoted units to get exp and Heath. Rebecca/Wil is just as sucky, but without the fear of teh P0NYSLAYA coming up and raping you. Not that there are many, but I believe there are a few after that chapter.

This is coming from the guy who thinks that effective weapons have no purpose.

This is coming from the guy who thinks that effective weapons have no purpose.

Which has no purpose in THIS thread, troll. And actually, I said I never USE them, not that have no purpose. In fact, I even said "They're useful in Hector's Hard Mode though."

I am NOT getting into a flame war with you, especially over like...lol11 of the 52 weapons in Fire Emblem 7, NOT counting magicks and staves There's no point since I've said my points, you've said your points. You don't like mine? Fine. I don't like your's? Fine. There; said and done.

Edited by p00nage 4

I didn't know that it's called trolling when I expose inconsistencies in your logic.

*points to above message* I'm not getting into a flame war with you. You don't like the way I play MY game? That's fine, I don't care. If I find lolHORSESLAYER pwnage to not be my idea of killing Cavaliers, that's not your problem. I gave you my points; don't like those either? That's fine; I really don't care what others think about how I play my games.

I mentioned the Horseslayer because it destroys Rath. His poor defense and inability to counterattack it in any way makes him VERY vulnerable to it, which is a valid point. Also, I'll say this again; I DON'T USE THEM IN NORMAL PLAYTHROUGH. I'll use them in HECTOR'S HARD MODE ONLY, when damage NEEDS to be dealt quickly. Is there a particular part of that that you just don't understand?

Edited by p00nage 4

Who here is doing the flaming?

Worrying about enemy-equipped effective weapons in a game where effective damage is only 2x MT is rather dumb.

Off topic: You're the one doing the flaming. Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users. I said my thoughts; you continue to bring it up. You create the hostile environment, not me. And I love how your posts have absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread ^_^

On topic: Rath is vulnerable to the Horseslayer and Longsword weapons, granted so are your other cavalary units they're BOUND to be much higher leveled by the time Rath rejoins the group. His defense is meh and his hp is OK for a level 9 unit. Meeting both is bad; plus any other unit that attacks him? Rath is a definite goner.

Better left for benching.

@p00nage 4: Actually, no-one gives a shit about whether you want to use effective weapons or not, because that's entirely up to you. However, in that other thread, you just went ahead and said "lol effective weapons are useless in anything but Hector Hard Mode". We don't care how you play your game, but we do care if you spread false information (as you in no way made clear that it was only your opinion, so obviously, you were implying that this holds true for everyone). If you can't deal with having your false information corrected and then accuse dondon of trolling, then who is actually doing the trolling/flaming?

@Topic: Rath can turn out better than the archers after promotion due to being able to actually go into melee combat with swords, which makes him more flexible. However, he comes quite late and underleveled with bad durability, so raising him that late usually is more trouble than it's worth. He's decent if you like him and raise him quickly, but otherwise, just bench him.