... End of the world?

Lux Aeterna

Ok, so the end of the world has been predicted before. And now it's been predicted again. Although I'm not completely certain, there's a movie being made about it. The date predicted is: 12/21/2012, at midnight.

I see a few problems with this. First of all... Some people say the world will end because so does the Mayan calendar. Well, here's a little tidbit I picked up from my visit to Mexico this year: The Mayan calender does not end. It resets every 52 years.

Second, it's been predicted to happen at midnight. Which is horribly cliched. They mentioned no time zone. Where at midnight?

Third, the end of the world has been predicted many times so far. Why should this time be any different?

Your thoughts? Do you see any possibility of this happening, or is this just people being overly-paranoid?

Edited by Lux Aeterna

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what to say but its pretty paranoid for me though there was this person http://www.nostradamus101.com/prophecies/part3/ named Nostradamus who made predictions about 9/11 and it went almost according to what he predicted. (if you scroll down) I don't think anyone knows. Not that it matters watch this if you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cI7qUBo4s

Edited by Jason W.

I'm not sure what to say but its pretty paranoid for me though there was this person http://www.nostradamus101.com/prophecies/part3/ named Nostradamus who made predictions about 9/11 and it went almost according to what he predicted. (if you scroll down) I don't think anyone knows.

Nostradamus was so full of shit and so vague it hardly matters.

I saw the trailer, looks like a movie filled with special effects and that doesn't have much of a plot or a happy ending. XD

1. Interesting, but people just love to find reasons to explain the end of the world.

2. They probably never thought of that. But it's a prophecy made my Christians or something so that would mean they meant midnight in where ever they wrote it.

3. Because Christians said so.

I've heard other stories like that will be the start of human evolution and everything will change. I'll probably believe it when I look further into that. For now, I don't think there were any immense tragedies or miracles on Earth so I don't see much of a reason why it'd suddenly be true. Yes, I find people are over reacting.

Let's bet! If we all survive, I get 1 million dollars, but if we all die I'll pay 2 million!

I'm not sure what to say but its pretty paranoid for me though there was this person http://www.nostradamus101.com/prophecies/part3/ named Nostradamus who made predictions about 9/11 and it went almost according to what he predicted. (if you scroll down) I don't think anyone knows.

Let us, for a second, ignore the fact that the book contains three different handwriting styles, that it is a copy of an original so damaged most of it could not be deciphered, and that (again) every predicted event occurred well before the book's "discovery" in 1982.

Also, "If you arrange the numbers for the years, you get the date of 911!"

Ha.

The world will end when I die. It will seem like that to me, anyway.

All these predictions are bullshit, to put it bluntly. I will believe it when I see the end for myself.

I actually have to agree with the "who cares, it'll happen when it has to" perspective on the whole end-of-the-world thing. Personally, I'm really not afraid of it, because there's no use in being scared shitless about it until it actually happens.

<3~

Ok, so the end of the world has been predicted before. And now it's been predicted again. Although I'm not completely certain, there's a movie being made about it. The date predicted is: 12/21/2012, at midnight.

I see a few problems with this. First of all... Some people say the world will end because so does the Mayan calendar. Well, here's a little tidbit I picked up from my visit to Mexico this year: The Mayan calender does not end. It resets every 52 years.

Second, it's been predicted to happen at midnight. Which is horribly cliched. They mentioned no time zone. Where at midnight?

Third, the end of the world has been predicted many times so far. Why should this time be any different?

Your thoughts? Do you see any possibility of this happening, or is this just people being overly-paranoid?

The Mayan calendar resets, but they also believed that every time it was reset a cataclysmic event would come. Were they right? Probably not.

I'm not sure what to say but its pretty paranoid for me though there was this person http://www.nostradamus101.com/prophecies/part3/ named Nostradamus who made predictions about 9/11 and it went almost according to what he predicted. (if you scroll down) I don't think anyone knows. Not that it matters watch this if you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cI7qUBo4s

No, Nostradamus fans made it that way. They took words differently than how it was supposed to be read.

My answer is obvious, by the way. It's not total BS (because the Mayans actually believed this stuff), but it is highly unlikely and is probably not true. Considering "The End" has been predicted before, so people are really skeptical about this.

PS: I want to see the movie.

Edited by Old Snake

I saw the trailer, looks like a movie filled with special effects and that doesn't have much of a plot or a happy ending. XD

1. Interesting, but people just love to find reasons to explain the end of the world.

2. They probably never thought of that. But it's a prophecy made my Christians or something so that would mean they meant midnight in where ever they wrote it.

I've heard other stories like that will be the start of human evolution and everything will change. I'll probably believe it when I look further into that. For now, I don't think there were any immense tragedies or miracles on Earth so I don't see much of a reason why it'd suddenly be true. Yes, I find people are over reacting.

Let's bet! If we all survive, I get 1 million dollars, but if we all die I'll pay 2 million!

It was made by Mayans, not Christians.

Nostradamus is vague as shit. One guy wrote a thesis about the vagueness in college in 1996 and gave a sample Nostradamus-like Prophecy:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb",

The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

- Nostradamus 1654

And the hoax online went like this:

City of God=New York

great thunder=The 911 attack

two brothers=WTC

Fortress=The Pentagon

Great Leader=George Bush

Third Big War=World War III

Yeah...:/

It was made by Mayans, not Christians.

I thought they both made that prediction. O.o I remember hearing that that day was also the Apocalypse or something...

Haha. The world isn't going anywhere. Life on the other hand, that's just a matter of how thick the glass cover for the nuclear missile launchers are. Isn't Russia missing a few(Dozen) nukes? Who has them now anyway? Just wondering if any of the smart guys know.

Haha. The world isn't going anywhere.

You do know what happens when a star dies... don't you?

Yep, it grows ten times it's normal size consuming everything around it in a fiery mess, then collapses, or could become a super nova, or even a black hole depending on the star. Earth isn't going anywhere for a hell of a long time though, unless you want to build a Death Star, but what good would that do?

But seriously, what happened to those nukes?