... End of the world?

Lux Aeterna

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. The world isn't going anywhere.

You do know what happens when a star dies... don't you?

Yep, it grows ten times it's normal size consuming everything around it in a fiery mess, then collapses, or could become a super nova, or even a black hole depending on the star. Earth isn't going anywhere for a hell of a long time though, unless you want to build a Death Star, but what good would that do?

But seriously, what happened to those nukes?

By then, it won't matter, we'll have gundams and space colonies.

Haha. The world isn't going anywhere.

You do know what happens when a star dies... don't you?

Yep, it grows ten times it's normal size consuming everything around it in a fiery mess, then collapses, or could become a super nova, or even a black hole depending on the star. Earth isn't going anywhere for a hell of a long time though, unless you want to build a Death Star, but what good would that do?

But seriously, what happened to those nukes?

By then, it won't matter, we'll have gundams and space colonies.

Which reminds me of a show that they did in the 1950's. They showed all of this amazing technology that there "would be" in 2000, and as I saw it I thought "boy are you people in for a disappointment." XD But then again who knows? A few billion years is a big difference from 50. It could happen. Sad thing is, we probably won't be around to see it. : ( It'd be nice if the world just didn't end, however. And it's not likely to, in three years.

Personally, I think the "prophecy" is one of the biggest loads of baloney I've ever heard.

Also, (just because I'm bored and I feel like quibbling) when we say the "end of the world", what do we mean? The end of humanity? The planet? The solar system? Galaxy? Universe? Existence as a whole?

I'm not sure what to say but its pretty paranoid for me though there was this person http://www.nostradamus101.com/prophecies/part3/ named Nostradamus who made predictions about 9/11 and it went almost according to what he predicted. (if you scroll down) I don't think anyone knows. Not that it matters watch this if you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5cI7qUBo4s

Well, as for 9/11... the only thing I heard about predicting that was in the movie The Knowing, and of course, that was just a made up story =D So of course I don't believe in the movie and I really bet that dude didn't predict 9/11

As for the end of the world, I just think it's something to laugh and joke about sometimes, like something like "omg 12/21/2012 (that's the date right?) I'm so scared" but I don't believe a thing of that. Plus that's Mayan predictions which I bet would be totally wrong and just a conjecture (well in their case they would think it was an educated guess... or... maybe they wouldn't think it was an "educated" guess... .__. maybe to do with religion...)

But... yeah, they've made many dates of the end of the world and many of them have passed. It will happen when it will happen and chances of us guessing it would be highly unlikely unless we always said "tomorrow's the end of the world" every day... Unless we said tomorrow was the end of the world on the day it happened........ :mellow:

^I'm guessing......... end of earth?

Edited by Freohr Datia

Personally, I think the "prophecy" is one of the biggest loads of baloney I've ever heard.

Also, (just because I'm bored and I feel like quibbling) when we say the "end of the world", what do we mean? The end of humanity? The planet? The solar system? Galaxy? Universe? Existence as a whole?

I doubt anyone means anything larger than our earth. Especially since "world" literally means our planet and nothing else.

Hokay, so...

1- Ze Bible says we shall not be knowing ze day or ze hour of final judgment.

2- Dese guys says dey knows ze day and ze hour.

3- Bible more credible than dese vierdoes, thus prophecy is fake, Q.E.D.

Also, in seriousness this time, this: Year values are an arbitrary human invention. There's this prophecy on the Mayan calendar, we're all using the Gregorian calendar, and there are plenty of other calendars floating around out there. Picking some arbitrary calendar date for the end of the world just doesn't make sense.

We're talking about the end of humanity <_<

Everything else is just pointless to think about, unless there's a wandering black hole we don't know about.

Hokay, so...

Um about that. The Bible says a lot of things. People only use the verses they like to attack or defend their own ideals. That particular one goes more like this:

"For no man knows the day or the hour of the coming of Christ." Something like that.

Now we can all be presumptuous like usual and just assume that means no man will ever know until AFTER it happens, but it doesn't say that. It just says no one "knows". By the way, to drive the point further, that was written in the present tense right? When was it written? Long time ago? If so, maybe back then, they didn't know the day or the hour. If that is all true, then that verse in NO WAY threatens the credibility of any proclaimed doomsday forecasters. Other contradictions might, but this is the Bible so since no one agrees with each other, it's best to just follow your heart, and hope for the best.

Oh, and one last clear up. The coming of Christ isn't ACTUALLY the end of the world, or the final Judgment, it's just a transitional period, or a massive worldwide takeover, whichever you prefer to call it. Imagine the movie Independence Day. Yeah it'll probably look like that! HAHAHH!!! Anyway... read this stuff very closely if you're really interested.

Soooo, does anyone have a list of all the countries that DO have nukes stored up? :D

Considering the sorts of predictions the Mayans made versus the predictions and stories the Bible contains, I would say the Mayans are far more credible.

Everything else is just pointless to think about, unless there's a wandering black hole we don't know about.

Subjective opinions, they are undeniable, the best!

Undeniably :mellow:

Okay then, can you think of a reason for me to care about any events, that for the most part, are BEYOND this MILLENNIUM, and the NEXT, and the NEXT, etc?

Hokay, so...

Um about that. The Bible says a lot of things. People only use the verses they like to attack or defend their own ideals. That particular one goes more like this:

"For no man knows the day or the hour of the coming of Christ." Something like that.

Now we can all be presumptuous like usual and just assume that means no man will ever know until AFTER it happens, but it doesn't say that. It just says no one "knows". By the way, to drive the point further, that was written in the present tense right? When was it written? Long time ago? If so, maybe back then, they didn't know the day or the hour. If that is all true, then that verse in NO WAY threatens the credibility of any proclaimed doomsday forecasters. Other contradictions might, but this is the Bible so since no one agrees with each other, it's best to just follow your heart, and hope for the best.

Oh, and one last clear up. The coming of Christ isn't ACTUALLY the end of the world, or the final Judgment, it's just a transitional period, or a massive worldwide takeover, whichever you prefer to call it. Imagine the movie Independence Day. Yeah it'll probably look like that! HAHAHH!!! Anyway... read this stuff very closely if you're really interested.

Soooo, does anyone have a list of all the countries that DO have nukes stored up? :D

This is perhaps the first time I have ever experienced lucidity in your posts.

Anyways, you make a few good points. But mainly, using the Bible to refute the idea of a prophetic end of the world is akin to pissing in a sea of piss. It's actually kind of comical.

Okay then, can you think of a reason for me to care about any events, that for the most part, are BEYOND this MILLENNIUM, and the NEXT, and the NEXT, etc?

Undeniable. The comma that he made necessitated its use as two separate statements. In other words, what he is saying is:

"Subjective opinions are undeniable. They are the best." If he didn't make use of the comma, it could simply be "Subjective opinions, they are undeniably the best!"

He was trying to re-inforce his mocking your statement by stating that they are undeniable, rather than attaching it to "the best". He's not trying to sarcastically paint your statement as though it was saying that subjective statements are the best, but as though you are using them like they are objective statements.

There is a large difference. Another good example would be "What's the latest dope?" and "What's the latest, dope?" One's asking for information simply, and the other is mockingly doing so.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Because prophecies made by ancient, superstitious (and we're talking about the human sacrifice brand of superstition) civilizations just have a knack for coming true, right?

Also, Esau. Cloud? Really?

Are you telling me you don't like whored out S-E characters?

For shame, Fox.

The hypocrisy of my earlier statement is just striking me now; I mean, I'm using a Golbez avatar drawn by the same guy for the same game. Could have thought on that one a little more.

Are you telling me you don't like whored out S-E characters?

For shame, Fox.

The hypocrisy of my earlier statement is just striking me now; I mean, I'm using a Golbez avatar drawn by the same guy for the same game. Could have thought on that one a little more.

I was going to say something about Golbez, but I couldn't think of anything that struck out for his lameness.

Also, since the first trailer has come out for Dissidia, I have a habit of mixing up Golbez and Garland. True story.

• 3 weeks later...
Hokay, so...

This is perhaps the first time I have ever experienced lucidity in your posts.

Anyways, you make a few good points. But mainly, using the Bible to refute the idea of a prophetic end of the world is akin to pissing in a sea of piss. It's actually kind of comical.

Undeniable. The comma that he made necessitated its use as two separate statements. In other words, what he is saying is:

"Subjective opinions are undeniable. They are the best." If he didn't make use of the comma, it could simply be "Subjective opinions, they are undeniably the best!"

He was trying to re-inforce his mocking your statement by stating that they are undeniable, rather than attaching it to "the best". He's not trying to sarcastically paint your statement as though it was saying that subjective statements are the best, but as though you are using them like they are objective statements.

There is a large difference. Another good example would be "What's the latest dope?" and "What's the latest, dope?" One's asking for information simply, and the other is mockingly doing so.

You know, you're probably the only Atheist on this forum I know personally that I don't hate, despite the past.

Thanks for clearing that up so well <_<

I pointed out that verse because I hear it all the time and it gets on my friggin nerves. I think it's time to find a new verse to use against false prophets. Something less read into and practically made up. It's really hard sometimes, but I prefer not to read into anything, or take it too plainly either if I can help it. That's why I cling to "context" like a leech to a thigh. Context is literature's messiah.

Seriously... nobody has a list of the Nuke carriers? Do I have to google this too? Dammit...