Epic Wins, Epic Fails

Rewjeo

Figured I'd make one of these for RD. Anyways, here are a few of mine:

Epic Wins:

Eddie going into 1-2 and being able to double every enemy (Except maybe the myrms) with his steel sword.

On my most recent playthrough, my Ilyana's been surprisingly tanky. 45 HP/21 DEF/27 RES for 3-E. Going to 4-E, she's got 45 HP/ 24 DEF/ 33 RES. 29 SPD is also pretty nice. She doesn't usually hit that until 20/20/17.

Epic Fails:

My Miccy on my most recent playthrough. She only got up to 11 speed in part 1 and hasn't gotten any speed since. She's also got screwed magic. And DEF. Seriously, I don't know what to do with her. She's going to 4-E with 28 HP/6 DEF/22 RES and 12 AS. Actually, promotion will boost that, but still. Sadly enough, I found out that if I had her attack Lekain with his Rewarp staff, he could actually one round her. If I could record my Wii, I'd probably record her attacking a bishop for horrible damage and dieing in return. She'll probably just end up healbotting and blessing Purge. Not that it'll really help much. She's barely pulling of two-digit damage with it in Part 4, and only at about 60 HIT. Is it possible to bless staves? If no one's tested it, I might try with her.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic Win:

Raised Skrimir, and he turned out awesome. Like, more durable than Gatrie awesome. He even survived getting hit by Dheggy's Ire once. Which was good, because he was the only unit doing significant damage to Dheggy without dying. (We probably wouldn't have been able to defeat him otherwise, actually).

Shinon + Dragonslayer Skill + Arbalest = Lol!Damage. One shotting everything on the map (except Dheggy, cause he's immune) was pretty awesome.

Having Sanaki tank White Dragons on a Res tile. That Res had to come in useful some time.

Epic Fail:

Ike got RNG screwed and didn't come close to capping Str. He was doing feeble damage to Dheggy.

Didn't bring a Thunder Sage to the endgame. Really should have brought that Rexbolt...

Forgot to use Thunder tomes versus Dragons. Fail.

Edited by Blackbird

Okay.

Epic Wins from yesterday.

Edward managed to not die in 1-1 when I placed him wrong in the first turn and he got attacked by two enemies.

Vika got 3 level-ups in a row with both Str and Def rising.

Epic Fails from yesterday.

Bird laguz are the only laguz who have a weakness even when untransformed in bows. I realised too late and Vika took a 44 damage hit and I had to reset.

I realised I won't get that Paragon scroll back till chapter 4-4. And the DB can use it.

Nolan is a level 20 Fighter with only 10 speed :D. (So much for 60% growths)

Edited by Silith

EPIC WINS

Nolan got a perfect level up.

Managed to raise up Mordecai with him capping every stat.

EPIC FAILS

I started properly training Edward in 3-6 (by which time he was a level 12 myrmidon)

Ike got owned by mages after being sleep staffed in 3 endgame, forcing me to replay 1.5 hours of game (including base stuff)

I played this game on normal as my first ever fire emblem game (much more fun on easy anyway)

I tried to get a staff blessed for Mist. Didn't work, so she had no weapon for endgame

Ranulf got hit while untransformed by a mage who had 6% chance to hit... twice

Titania missed with a 98% hit chance

Edited by Blasied

Epic Wins

Promoted Shinon gatrie Titania and Oscar in one chapter

Rolf capped str

Miciaih capped magic

Zihark got an SS rank in swords

Epic Fails

Leonardo got criticaled by a ballista

Leonardo only has 11 res as a level 7 sniper

Epic Wins

Rolf capped str

Pfeh my Rolf had more attack than Tibarn on 4-e-3 plus I gave him adept and the only epilogue boss he didnt ORKO was deghinsea(2RKO) and Ashera

Epic Wins

Ashera counter-attacks Vika with 73 hit...and misses.

Micaiah caps everything, save strength.

Vika gets the MVP award for two chapters, and kills a total of 5 bosses.

Trueblade Edward pwns a sleeping Ike on the final turn of 3-13.

Epic Fails

Marcia is MVP for 3-9.

Ike got speed screwed as a Vanguard.

Sothe...

Not sure

Sothe got killed by a dragon on 4E3, causing me to reload.

New ones, although I'm not sure which section they go under:

EM EXP gain. I, no joke, promoted Mia, Titania, Haar, Oscar, and Ilyana by 3-5 in EM. Shinon and Gatrie were close behind. And I got Geoffrey to promote in 2-3, and I just ran straight up to the boss. With a bronze lance. I don't know if it's possible to get full BEXP there in EM, what with the enemies getting one-rounded by Geoffrey wit ha bronze lance.

EM BEXP gain. Going into part 4 with 118,000 BEXP in a run where I didn't care about efficiency. In case you care, 62,000 BEXP gets base Fiona up to 20/20/20. When you throw in the extra part 4 BEXP, by endgame I could probably choose any two tier one units to bring with me.

And before anyone says anything, I don't usually play EM, I just felt like doing one for fun.

Epic win:

A 1HP Geoffrey promoted in 2-E to Silver Knight, immediately gaining back all his HP.

Epic fail:

Isaiya (1-1 boss) critted Nolan with a 1% chance, killing him.

Eddie missed with a 99% hit chance (99.99% true hit T_T)

EPIC WINS

Managed to raise up Mordecai with him capping every stat.

Thats so easy to do though, but using Mordy is quite an epic win

Epic win

-Killed dheginsea with only Kurth and Ena Both With all Stats Capped and SS Strikes. (i just love that dragon chapter.)

-Pelleas and Fiona Capping everything

Epic Fails

-Heather getting killed by 3 Horse soldiers (forgot their name, haven't played in a while) when they only had a 33% chance of hitting her. I even restarted a bunch of time but she still died.

Haar was battling against a bishop on 4-3. Harr had a 91 to hit and the Bishop had a 94. I didn't want the Bishop to hit because Haar would take a lot of damage. After Haar attacked the Bishop and it was about to retaliate I was thinking about how it was gonna hurt Haar a lot and Fox said "Hey, maybe he'll miss" to where I replied "Yeah right". Good thing I was wrong because that 94 chance missed. Epic win much?

Not sure:

Edward, Zihark, Nolan, Micaiah and Jill landed 8 criticals in 3-6 on a killing hit. Edward and Zihark were pulling ~20, Jill, Micaiah and Nolan had around 10s. Too bad all those criticals were wasted :(

Hm...

Epic win:

On my first HM run, which didn't have any transfer, Micaiah maxed Spd at ~20/14 and then again at ~20/20/10. Ike also capped Spd with just a little BEXP at --/18, Boyd was consistently about +1-2 from his average, and Tanith capped it at --/20/7. It seemed like everyone on that run got Spd blessed except Soren, who ended up below average IIRC.

On my recent HM run, Marcia with her 30% Str growth got 3 Str in 5 levels, and Spd on every single one of them.

Epic fail:

Aran died from a crit in 1-4.

Haar died from a crit in 2-E. On turn 13. FML.

Most of my epic fails are luck based (literally). Not to brag or anything, I just don't make many strategical errors.

Epic Fail: At 99 HIT, Micaiah missed. She got nailed with a crit from an enemy Axe General in Part 4-3

You DO realize that Micaiah is one of the characters who are least susceptible to critical hits, right...? On topic:

Epic Wins:

Sephiran missed a 99% hit against Calill.

Epic Fails:

...Hmmm... I'll have to come back later. I haven't had any chance to play RD since my Wii went bonkers for whatever reason.