Epic Wins, Epic Fails

Rewjeo

Here's a fail. Ike gains his first level after promotion to vanguard. None of his stats are capped.

+MAG

AND NOTHING ELSE!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a level 19 Titania with 22 Defense and 25 Strength. For reference, that means she grew three levels, and in those 3 levels got the 20% for Def twice yet never got the 60% for Str. Interesting.

The FE9 one is long gone, so I am forced to post my 20/0 Astrid's stats that I'm preparing for transfer (so it's on-topic enough) here:

HP: 39 (highest it can be without a Robe)

Str: 20

Skl: 20

Spd: 20

Def: 20

Res: 15 (Str to Res all capped)

Lck: 5 (5.4 below average)

Mag: 4 (1.8 below average)

Lesson: Focusing on specific stats for a transfer necessarily means the other stats won't move. There were at least three times in all my resets where Astrid got everything but Mag and Lck.

Chapter 3-3. Turn 10(of 15). All but two supply boxes had been burnt: the one in the top right corner, and the one in top center where the boss starts. All of the enemies were routed except for some reinforcements in the lower half of the map. I decided to use the reinforcements for a little extra EXP, so I stationed Haar next to the top center supply box and sent Nephenee, Oscar, and Gatrie to fight the reinforcements. Turn 15 came around, so I had Haar burn the top center boxes... I forgot all about the Upper right corner ones :facepalm:

The FE9 one is long gone, so I am forced to post my 20/0 Astrid's stats that I'm preparing for transfer (so it's on-topic enough) here:

Lesson: Focusing on specific stats for a transfer necessarily means the other stats won't move. There were at least three times in all my resets where Astrid got everything but Mag and Lck.

Well, at least FE10!Astrid has no problems with Luck. Although she would need to get Luck in all but one level up to cap (without Ashera Icons) anyway...

Well, at least FE10!Astrid has no problems with Luck. Although she would need to get Luck in all but one level up to cap (without Ashera Icons) anyway...

And with 40/45% growth. Yeah, I wasn't about to worry about that when I'm already getting HP (and Str, Skl, Spd, Def, Res).

In the end, that same Astrid capped everything not HP by 20/11 and had HP capped at 20/18, no stat boosters. And she has A Bows (But E Axes).

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

So you can transfer capped stats from Tier 1 over? I always thought you could only transfer bonuses for level 20 2nd-tiers...

So you can transfer capped stats from Tier 1 over? I always thought you could only transfer bonuses for level 20 2nd-tiers...

Uh, no >_>. I definitely never said that. Read the following posts.

My draft run has been pissing me the hell off lately.

I've been trying to clear 3-5 in 4 turns with Nephenee and Heather while getting the Energy Drop. First off, I thought I had a reliable strategy that sort of tricked the enemy AI into leaving two of the spaces next to the boss empty, one to Steal from and another to kill from. It turns out that that only worked with a promoted Heather, something I didn't find out until much later after constantly trying to get it right with both of them alive.

Then more recently, Nephenee has 100 Hit, 22 crit doubling one of the first Generals. About 10 resets later and she has not triggered a single crit.

hmm...

-Ike not capping strength at x/20/20 again -_-

-Marcia lived... with 3 HP against an onslaught of enemies in 4-E-2

-Cain died twice against White Dragons and then spirits. Argh.

I decided to pick up Radiant Dawn after not playing for so long. Logged into hard mode and at Ch 1-3 (Aran recruitment) I got through the chapter without any screw-ups. All enemies are defeated except two archers with all my units near the arrive point. Reinforcements spawn at the back and I had forgotten to move my allies for the entire chapter. Restart chapter and have 2 more screw-ups due to misjudging distances in the first 5 turns.

Most epic thing ever.

On 4-1, there is a Horseslayer General that does not attack unless you have a unit right next to him. On my draft run, in order to clear the map in 5 turns, I needed Nailah to kill him on turn 4 enemy phase so she could kill the healer on turn 5, but the position from which she needed to kill an earlier General (Steel Sword reinforcement that attacks the blockade) was one space short. If I don't finish on turn 5, enemy reinforcements come such that I likely can't clear the map until turn 7.

So it's a good thing I have Rafiel.

In the end, by getting Nailah to move one more square, Rafiel saved me two turns. This was the only Vigor he ever did in the entire map. I have new respect for Rafiel.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Most epic thing ever.

On 4-1, there is a Horseslayer General that does not attack unless you have a unit right next to him. On my draft run, in order to clear the map in 5 turns, I needed Nailah to kill him on turn 4 enemy phase so she could kill the healer on turn 5, but the position from which she needed to kill an earlier General (Steel Sword reinforcement that attacks the blockade) was one space short. If I don't finish on turn 5, enemy reinforcements come such that I likely can't clear the map until turn 7.

So it's a good thing I have Rafiel.

In the end, by getting Nailah to move one more square, Rafiel saved me two turns. This was the only Vigor he ever did in the entire map. I have new respect for Rafiel.

Speaking of new respect for Herons, which Heron do you think is the best for 4-E? I think it's Reyson because of his Move and his Galdr affects 4 units when transformed, and I usually give him a Laguz Orb. Others say you should give Rafiel Celerity, and he always affects four units.... The only thing I don't like about Rafiel is his inability to fly, and flying can help with those crazy holes in the floor of the Tower of Guidance...

Speaking of new respect for Herons, which Heron do you think is the best for 4-E? I think it's Reyson because of his Move and his Galdr affects 4 units when transformed, and I usually give him a Laguz Orb. Others say you should give Rafiel Celerity, and he always affects four units.... The only thing I don't like about Rafiel is his inability to fly, and flying can help with those crazy holes in the floor of the Tower of Guidance...

It depends on your goals. If you're going for absolute minimum turns, Rafiel wins. E-3 and E-4 can be completed in 1 turn but you need the 4 way Vigor. E-1 and E-5 might not be so easily determined, but the extra Vigor would make things faster. However, outside of strict minimum, I usually use Reyson for the reasons you listed.

Epic Fail: Lance Paladin Fiona doing 2x2 damage to cats in 3-13. Why my sister promoted Fiona in the first place, I don't know.

I'm pretty sure Kurth needs to survive, but since he's a tank anyway he'll be fine. Aimee, if she gets defeated, IIRC won't get you Rexcalibur.

There is no downside to them dying at all. Aimee still ives you Rexcalibur as i remember selling it on my current draft run.

Epic Win Rolfie in 4-2 with Resolve and Wrath dominating a bunch of units with just crossbow/aqqar

Epic Fail, in the same map, Tibarn dies to taksh user.

And then next try resolve rolfie dies to some unit ;_;... In my draft it just keeps switching back and forth :sob:

3-1 has always been a failmap.

On a side note. Been trying chapter 4-3 for my Knife only run and Leanna keeps dieing.

Siegetome can double. Can't have her build support with Heather when ranged enemeis are near. Draco's get too close. Everytime something stupid happens.