Using every unit through consecutive playthroughs

Naglfar

Another option that might be considered is randomly selecting difficulty level, in addition to the units and the herons. You would then have two playthroughs at Easy difficulty, two Medium, and two Hard. I chose easy mode for my first playthrough, but the rest I'll pick randomly. First heron I am using is Reyson.

Second playthrough

Makalov

Nolan

Jill

Vika

Mia

Meg

Ulki

Gatrie

Aran

Nealuchi

Difficulty: Normal; Heron: Rafiel

Third playthrough

Laura

Danved

Calill

Marcia

Nailah

Naesala

Lyre

Mist

Shinon

Soren

Difficulty: Normal; Heron: Reyson

Fourth playthrough

Bastian

Tormod

Kyza

Leonardo

Astrid

Muarim

Skrimir

Stefan

Oliver

Rhys

Difficulty: Easy; Heron: Rafiel

Fifth playthrough

Kieran

Lucia

Janaff

Boyd

Edward

Elincia

Volke

Tanith

Brom

Rolf

Difficulty: Hard; Heron: Leanne

Sixth playthrough

Titania

Pelleas

Lethe

Heather

Tibarn

Ilyana

Tauroneo

Ranulf

Renning

Volug

Difficulty: Hard; Heron: Leanne

Ironic that the last two rolled also turned out to be the two hard mode playthroughs. I'm looking forward to number 4 and 6 especially, and 5 should be nuts too. As for my current playthrough:

First playthrough

Giffca

Zihark

Mordecai

Haar

Oscar

Sigrun

Fiona

Nephenee

Caineghis

Geoffrey

I'm almost finished, just completed 4-2. Since this is on Easy mode, most of the units are already capped or nearly there thanks to a combination of bexp abuse and level up resetting. I should have plenty of stuff left over for Caineghis and Giffca when I obtain them, most of the stat boosters are unused. I think I threw a Robe on Fiona, and the Talismen on Mordecai.

Edited by Toothache

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, first playthrough is complete. It mirrored my very first play of the game in a lot of ways, since I used a lot of the same units (Haar, Zihark, Caineghis, Giffca, Nephenee). Since this was on Easy mode, I took the time to abuse a lot of units for max stats, probably too much time. Fiona was the biggest problem to raise, but everything else went smoothly, and Fiona became quite useful after I'd maxed her out.

Final stats:

Giffca - Support Caineghis

Haar - Support Sigrun

Ike - Support Geoffrey

Mordecai - Support Oscar

Fiona - Support Zihark

Weapons:

Ike - Ragnell

Zihark - Alondite

Haar - Urvan

Sigrun - Wishblade

Fiona - Forged Silver Lance

Oscar - Forged Steel Lance

Geoffrey - Forged Silver Lance

Top 5:

5 - Fiona

4 - Oscar

3 - Zihark

2 - Nephenee

1 - Haar

Well, first playthrough is complete. It mirrored my very first play of the game in a lot of ways, since I used a lot of the same units (Haar, Zihark, Caineghis, Giffca, Nephenee). Since this was on Easy mode, I took the time to abuse a lot of units for max stats, probably too much time. Fiona was the biggest problem to raise, but everything else went smoothly, and Fiona became quite useful after I'd maxed her out.

Final stats:

Giffca - Support Caineghis

Haar - Support Sigrun

Ike - Support Geoffrey

Mordecai - Support Oscar

Fiona - Support Zihark

Weapons:

Ike - Ragnell

Zihark - Alondite

Haar - Urvan

Sigrun - Wishblade

Fiona - Forged Silver Lance

Oscar - Forged Steel Lance

Geoffrey - Forged Silver Lance

Top 5:

5 - Fiona

4 - Oscar

3 - Zihark

2 - Nephenee

1 - Haar

If you're going to post weapons, post what the other nine got. o.o

So yeah, I'm still on 1-E :(

Tormod's still level 5, will probably hit level 6 this chapter. I'm trying to save up the BEXP for him in 4-4.

Micaiah is level 20, I promoted Jill.

Nolan sucks ass.

The only ones that can fight without majorly getting screwed are Nailah, Tormod, BK and Sothe >_>

I'm pretty much screwed for 3-6.

• 2 weeks later...

Group 1 -

Heather - Is a relatively useless Endgame unit, Sothe is forced and is better for combat.

Laura - Good growths, made crap by her class. I foresee her sucking in the end.

Ilyana - I was surprised by how good she's turning out. She's very good on this playthrough.

Skrimir - Is the same ownage unit we all know and love.

Leonardo - He's average. Better than what I expected anyway.

Boyd - Is awesome. I think we already know that.

Tauroneo - He's OK. Not really a good unit, nor a bad one. That being said, he does have Resolve which is a very useful Skill.

Oliver - Oh my god...

Lethe - Can't see myself using her much.

Kieran - Is probably going to end up as my top unit.

Predicted top 5 -

5. Ike

4. Leonardo

3. Ilyana

2. Boyd

1. Kieran

Group 2 -

Nolan

Caineghis

Mia

Renning

Pelleas

Astrid

Titania

Rolf

Lyre

Stefan

Pretty mixed here, but I have some awesome units. Having seen Lyre's growth rates, she probably has better potential than Lethe.

Group 3 -

Janaff

Tanith

Tormod

Shinon

Danved

Muarim

Oscar

Nephenee

Mordecai

Giffca

A lot of units I don't really use. Oscar's high Resistance might make him useful in 4-E4. Janaff has become good in my past playthroughs; I'm quite interested to see how he'll fare in the Endgame. Nephenee always seems to suck in my playthroughs (never getting Strength). Tormod seems to have good potential, shame about his availability. Mordecai could go either way.

Group 4 -

Volug

Ranulf

Geoffrey

Haar

Gatrie

Kysha

Marcia

Meg

Nealuchi

Aran

Gatrie and Haar together? This really will be awesome, despite Kysha, Meg and Nealuchi. The other 5 units fall somewhere between.

Group 5 -

Bastian

Elincia

Edward

Fiona

Volke

Soren

Sigrun

Lucia

Rhys

Naesala

Apart from Edward, Soren and Rhys these units all have very low availability. I know that Volke is a very good unit, as are Elincia, Edward, Soren and Naesala. Fiona is something I'm really not looking forward to and nor are Lucia, Sigrun and Rhys. I've no idea about Bastian.

Group 6 -

Ulki

Mist

Brom (WTF?)

Makalov

Calill

Vika

Nailah

Tibarn

Zihark

Jill

Notice how Brom is the only slow unit in the team? Vika has incredible speed, Ulki has probably the best avoid in the game, Makalov has an insane speed growth etc. With 2 Laguz Royals this is probably going to be the easiest team to use.

Reached 3-2 :) Rolf is doing pretty awesome, and I forged him a 15 Mt Steel Bow and a bit of hit. It got a +2 Mt card. He's not really doubling anything but Generals and Sages, but it's pretty easy for a weaken + kill. He's practically got the highest attack on the team with that bow :)

Group 3 -

Janaff

Tanith

Tormod

Shinon

Danved

Muarim

Oscar

Nephenee

Mordecai

Giffca

A lot of units I don't really use. Oscar's high Resistance might make him useful in 4-E4. Janaff has become good in my past playthroughs; I'm quite interested to see how he'll fare in the Endgame. Nephenee always seems to suck in my playthroughs (never getting Strength). Tormod seems to have good potential, shame about his availability. Mordecai could go either way.

No, Mordecai is going to easily be your best unit not named Ike. You're going to love his 32 base defense. Take Tauroneo's resolve scroll and give it to Ilyana. Then, Mordecai gets that scroll the second you start 3-2. Why is he getting the resolve scroll?

He's got high HP

He's got very high defense

By untransforming, he can get hurt enough easily to fall into resolve health.

And I'm sorry about getting Tormod and Muarim in the same PT. Neither is around, so neither is getting the levels that he needs in preparation for the tower.

Edited by Randomly Predictable

Group 4 -

Volug

Ranulf

Geoffrey

Haar

Gatrie

Kysha

Marcia

Meg

Nealuchi

Aran

Gatrie and Haar together? This really will be awesome, despite Kysha, Meg and Nealuchi. The other 5 units fall somewhere between.

Group 5 -

Bastian

Elincia

Edward

Fiona

Volke

Soren

Sigrun

Lucia

Rhys

Naesala

Apart from Edward, Soren and Rhys these units all have very low availability. I know that Volke is a very good unit, as are Elincia, Edward, Soren and Naesala. Fiona is something I'm really not looking forward to and nor are Lucia, Sigrun and Rhys. I've no idea about Bastian.

Group 6 -

Ulki

Mist

Brom (WTF?)

Makalov

Calill

Vika

Nailah

Tibarn

Zihark

Jill

Notice how Brom is the only slow unit in the team? Vika has incredible speed, Ulki has probably the best avoid in the game, Makalov has an insane speed growth etc. With 2 Laguz Royals this is probably going to be the easiest team to use.

Volug will be a star unit during the DB chapters at the very least. Eddie and Soren are not "very good". Just so you know.

As for your last team, let's see. Mist is nearly unsalvageable, Brom is a nightmare to level, levelling both Makalov and Calill may be tricky, and Vika is falling behind after being missing for two thirds of the game. Nailah and Tibarn will be very helpful, and Ulki, Zihark and Jill will fill in the blanks while you lack royals. It may not end up that easy at all.

Group 4 -

Volug

Ranulf

Geoffrey

Haar

Gatrie

Kysha

Marcia

Meg

Nealuchi

Aran

Group 5 -

Bastian

Elincia

Edward

Fiona

Volke

Soren

Sigrun

Lucia

Rhys

Naesala

Group 6 -

Ulki

Mist

Brom (WTF?)

Makalov

Calill

Vika

Nailah

Tibarn

Zihark

Jill

Volug will be a star unit during the DB chapters at the very least. Eddie and Soren are not "very good". Just so you know.

As for your last team, let's see. Mist is nearly unsalvageable, Brom is a nightmare to level, levelling both Makalov and Calill may be tricky, and Vika is falling behind after being missing for two thirds of the game. Nailah and Tibarn will be very helpful, and Ulki, Zihark and Jill will fill in the blanks while you lack royals. It may not end up that easy at all.

Boss abuse on 1-7 + paragon on Vika should help her significantly. If you can get her a few levels (fight untransformed for much more Exp), have Micaiah sacrifice, Sothe shove Mickey out of the boss's 2-range, and Laura heal Mickey. Boss attacks, Vika counters. Get her strike to SS and her level to ~22-24, and she'll be usable. You'll also want to pull the paragon scroll for 1-E so the DB can use it in part 3. But do take her and have her boss abuse Jarod to get to ~26-27. She'll be quite usable for endgame if you do this.

Group 4 -

Volug

Ranulf

Geoffrey

Haar

Gatrie

Kysha

Marcia

Meg

Nealuchi

Aran

Group 5 -

Bastian

Elincia

Edward

Fiona

Volke

Soren

Sigrun

Lucia

Rhys

Naesala

Group 6 -

Ulki

Mist

Brom (WTF?)

Makalov

Calill

Vika

Nailah

Tibarn

Zihark

Jill

Boss abuse on 1-7 + paragon on Vika should help her significantly. If you can get her a few levels (fight untransformed for much more Exp), have Micaiah sacrifice, Sothe shove Mickey out of the boss's 2-range, and Laura heal Mickey. Boss attacks, Vika counters. Get her strike to SS and her level to ~22-24, and she'll be usable. You'll also want to pull the paragon scroll for 1-E so the DB can use it in part 3. But do take her and have her boss abuse Jarod to get to ~26-27. She'll be quite usable for endgame if you do this.

We all know you can boss abuse Vika. Still, not everyone particularly wants to do that (I know I don't), and that leaves the other four problem units anyway.

Just for clarity you want us to report how the units turned out in the tower like this right? or something different?

(from my older post)

Finished first playthrough (Normal mode)

Top five

5.Michiah

4.Geoffery

3.Rolf

2.Aran

1.Ike

Units I had to bring to tower: Lucia,Brom,Aran,Geoffery,Mordecai, Janaff,Tauroneo,Soren,Calil,and Volke.

Lucia:Needed blossom and bexp gave her adept and cancel and Vague Katti she did well against all the enemy types in the tower.

Brom:Did well at tanking physical units and countering (gave him Urvan) though his low speed caused him to get doubled he does not do well past the third floor. (he'll need a speedwing or two)

Aran:Did excellent at the tower doubling and tanking but Aran needed a lot of bexp before he can manage himself. (gave him Wishblade)

Geoffery:Did decent (gave him brave lance) basically he did as well as if Oscar was brought into the tower. His speed cap didn't allow him to double some enemies.He needed some bexp and to be fed some kills during 4-5.

Mordecai:Did well at tanking physical units and countering but unfortunately he was doubled by almost everything in the tower,so he needs speedwings and speed level ups to be useable.

Janaff: Basically the lesser version of Tibarn he did well and since he was one level away from being able to use the satori sign was a plus, tear allowed him to one hit kill every enemy without Nihil.

Tauroneo:Had less def than Gatrie but was still good at tanking both magical and physical units due to his high res, and also due to his high magic for a general I gave him imbue which served him well. He needed some Bexp(Gave him a Tomahawk)

Soren: Did well considering he doubled most of the enemies besides some of the spirits (gave him Rexcalibur)

Calil: Did well also she had more dodge than Soren and basically the best candidate for Rexflame and same as Soren doubled most of the enemies besides some of the spirits.

Volke: Did well doubled all the enemies in the tower and has lethality which was useful in some situation as in one hit ko some dragons and Second Run:Nealuchi Makalov Kieran Tormod Jill Naesala Titania Vika Marcia Rolf

Edited by Patchouli

Just for clarity you want us to report how the units turned out in the tower like this right? or something different?

(from my older post)

Finished first playthrough (Normal mode)

Top five

5.Michiah

4.Geoffery

3.Rolf

2.Aran

1.Ike

Units I had to bring to tower: Lucia,Brom,Aran,Geoffery,Mordecai, Janaff,Tauroneo,Soren,Calil,and Volke.

Lucia:Needed blossom and bexp gave her adept and cancel and Vague Katti she did well against all the enemy types in the tower.

Brom:Did well at tanking physical units and countering (gave him Urvan) though his low speed caused him to get doubled he does not do well past the third floor. (he'll need a speedwing or two)

Aran:Did excellent at the tower doubling and tanking but Aran needed a lot of bexp before he can manage himself. (gave him Wishblade)

Geoffery:Did decent (gave him brave lance) basically he did as well as if Oscar was brought into the tower. His speed cap didn't allow him to double some enemies.He needed some bexp and to be fed some kills during 4-5.

Mordecai:Did well at tanking physical units and countering but unfortunately he was doubled by almost everything in the tower,so he needs speedwings and speed level ups to be useable.

Janaff: Basically the lesser version of Tibarn he did well and since he was one level away from being able to use the satori sign was a plus, tear allowed him to one hit kill every enemy without Nihil.

Tauroneo:Had less def than Gatrie but was still good at tanking both magical and physical units due to his high res, and also due to his high magic for a general I gave him imbue which served him well. He needed some Bexp(Gave him a Tomahawk)

Soren: Did well considering he doubled most of the enemies besides some of the spirits (gave him Rexcalibur)

Calil: Did well also she had more dodge than Soren and basically the best candidate for Rexflame and same as Soren doubled most of the enemies besides some of the spirits.

Volke: Did well doubled all the enemies in the tower and has lethality which was useful in some situation as in one hit ko some dragons and Second Run:Nealuchi Makalov Kieran Tormod Jill Naesala Titania Vika Marcia Rolf

That's a plenty good report. I can't think of anything you're missing, since we all already know how the forced units and herons perform.

I'm pretty far behind, so I guess I should post a bit. I'm in 3-6 now, the GMs are doing fine. Rolf needs a bit of help to KO, Rhys has 20 Spd at level 12 (I knew he was awesome.), Neph has pitiful Str (About 17 at level 10, though that's only 1 below average), and in unrelated news, Titania and Haar are racing each other to promotion, and I've barely used Mia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I don't have RD, but this looks fun just to see the teams and lol at them, and I've read enough to be able to do so, theoretically, at least.

Team 1

Edward

Heather

Muarim

Danved

Lyre

Naesala

Bastian

Haar

Rolf

Oliver

Haar and Naesala are good, Rolf, Heather and Edward are okay, everyone else... isn't.

Team 2

Shinon

Rhys

Ulki

Lethe

Mordecai

Brom

Callil

Tormod

Tauroneo

Tanith

Random and irrelevant, but the names of the last three all start with T. Hmm, again, one or two good units, a few okay ones, and the rest crappy.

Team 3

Aran

Tibarn

Lucia

Pelleas

Renning

Elincia

Boyd

Jill

Geoffrey

Oscar

Pretty solid, only two really bad units.

Team 4

Gatrie

Caineghis

Vika

Sigrun

Marcia

Titania

Stefan

Leonardo

Nailah

Ranulf

Well, that's not too bad either, aside Leonardo and Sigrun.

Team 5

Soren

Janaff

Zihark

Astrid

Nephenee

Kieran

Nolan

Kyza

Mist

Laura

Ehh, 2 healers, and two CRKs?

Team 6

Volug

Giffca

Volke

Meg

Makalov

Nealuchi

Skrimir

Ilyana

Mia

Fiona

Some really good units like Volug and Mia, but also two of the worst DB members...

Overall, no team seems to be really really crappy or bad. Doesn't matter, of course, as they'll never be used.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to the the forums and this thread interested me. So far i only got my first team put together and wow what a crappy team i got.

23 Heather

46 Janaff

15 Vika

9 Jill

13 Tormod

5 Ilyana

32 Calill

48 Sigrun

17 Elincia

58 Caineghis

it should be interesting cause i rarely use Laguzs or mages, or thiefs other than sloth.

PT1

Laura

Lethe

Ilyana

Marcia

Sigrun

Nailah

Boyd

Mia

Tormod

Danved

:unsure:

PT2

Haar

Tanith

Leonardo

Nephenee

Jill

Elincia

Brom

Titania

Caineghis

Aran

:awesome:

PT3

Renning

Naesala

Astrid

Mist

Heather

Nolan

Calill

Skrimir

Oliver

Kyza

:huh:

PT4

Volug

Muarim

Mordecai

Kieran

Nealuchi

Oscar

Soren

Bastian

Rolf

Fiona

<_<

PT5

Makalov

Ulki

Volke

Gatrie

Shinon

Zihark

Vika

Ranulf

Lucia

Geoffrey

B)

PT6

Giffca

Meg

Pelleas

Tauroneo

Rhys

Stefan

Lyre

Janaff

Tibarn

Edward

:(

Edit: Meh... Surprisingly balanced-ish IMO. Team 2 will be fun, but I can't seem to care about the others... Oh well, I'll be playing easy mode, as I find the others have little merit, comparatively.

Edited by SlaveBlade

Here Are my other 5 Teams.

2nd Team

49 Tanith

34 Soren

43 Ranulf

60 Renning

33 Titania

6 Aran

7 Meg

42 Mia

59 Giffca

22 Nephene

Team 3

38 Oscar

57 Volke

55 Oliver

11 Zihark

39 Shinon

51 Tibarn

21 Brom

25 Mordecai

28 Kieran

53 Pelleas

Team 4

56 Bastian

40 Gatrie

24 Lucia

41 Rhys

47 Ulki

26 Lethe

20 Haar

16 Nailah

54 Stefan

14 Muarim

Team 5

10 Tauroneo

1 Edward

2 Leonardo

45 Lyre

36 Rolf

44 Kyza

27 Geoffrey

52 Naesala

4 Laura

50 Skrimir

Team 6

19 Nealuchi

8 Volug

18 Marcia

37 Boyd

12 Fiona

3 Nolan

30 Makalov

31 Danved

35 Mist

29 Astrid

I'm going to start this after my current playthrough

Let's do this! LEEROY JENKINS!

Run 1:

Lucia

Rhys

Calill

Leonardo

Caineghis

Laura

Lethe :facepalm:

Tibarn

Rolf

Elincia

No lance users, two Saints, two Marksmen and Elincia. An OK team.

Run 2:

Tauroneo

Oliver :facepalm:

Sigrun :facepalm:

Haar

Ranulf

Zihark

Meg :facepalm:

Naesala

Pelleas

Ulki

Too many late joiners...

Run 3:

Oscar

Jill

Boyd

Volke

Mordecai

Muarim :facepalm:

Aran

Edward

Lyre :facepalm:

Nailah

Probably the best of the 3, the other 3 will come when I'm not lazy.