The scariest moment(s) in your life

Fireman

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds a lot like sleep paralysis. When you start dreaming, your mind cuts off comunication with your body, so that while you dream you can move around inside the dream without your body moving too. Normally, when you wake up your brain starts sending messages to your body again, but with Sleep Paralysis your mind doesn't realize you're waking up right away, and you're stuck there. After a while (it ranges from seconds to minutes), your mind realizes that you're awake and gives control back to you. Also, while you're in SP, it's not uncommon to experiance halucinations. Ever heard of the hag? Boogie-man? This is where some people think we get these stories.

Don't take my word for it though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

ooh! maybe that explains the situation! it actually took me about a minute to be able to move. regardless, it was one of the most creepiest sensations of my life

I'm not sure if this is the scariest moment of my life, but this just happened yesterday. I was playing PoR and my two brothers were watching. It was really dark outside, but you could still sort of see stuff.

When I was playing, I thought I saw somebody move outside. I thought I just imagined it. I turned to see and I saw that my brother was just as freaked as I was. He said he saw someone outside. My second brother that was there didn't see anything out of the usual. I thought it could have just been my second brother's reflection. We locked every door and closed every curtain anyway.

It was pretty freaky for me, but I'm not sure that would've been too scary.

• 2 weeks later...

I had this dream last week, the night before my SAT2 scores came out, that I got a 390 on the Physics SAT2. Scared the $%^* out of me and if it hadn't been for my sister waking me up, I might have woken up screaming a few minutes later. (For those unfamiliar with the SAT2, the scores are out of 800.)

Luckily, I did pretty well, so the dream was all irrational fear, but it was dang scary.

When I went to Wild Rivers years ago in sixth grade with the whole class, we went to "Monsoon Lagoon." It's a pool that has waves every so often.

Anyways, I was swimming in the middle, and the waves came. I just keep swimming, but then someone grabbed onto me. I thought it was my friend, and kept yelling at her to get off. Eventually, after a short while, the person let go and I swam to the side quickly to get some air. And then I found my friend holding onto the pole on that side too. I asked her why she held onto me (nearly drowning me), and she said she was on the side the whole time.

I realized I nearly drowned because some random person was using me as a floatation device. I seriously thought I was going to die. <_<

Edited by Cymbeline

This isn't really a scary moment but probably will be once I figure out what happened.

One snow day a couple years ago my brother and I went out to play. I went into the backyard to see the woods and the next thing I know, I have a pounding headache and my brother's shaking me awake. To this day I still don't know what happened.

Well, this one time, I had just finished a cup of ramen, when I suddenly felt a burning sensation in my chest. Stupid heartburn, I'm too young for it......

I thought it might have been a heart attack or something at first.....stupid Death Notes

Well, mine was yesterday, my dad tried to light two fireworks at the same time. The first went in the air and worked fine, but the second stayed on the ground and then it exploded, or whatever it does. Besides my dad, since he lit it, I was the closest to it...

I was pretty scared, but I also thought it was awesome at the same time! lol He didn't try that again.

Well, this one time, I had just finished a cup of ramen, when I suddenly felt a burning sensation in my chest. Stupid heartburn, I'm too young for it......

That happens to me too. I think the younger generation is getting it too because we eat so unhealthy nowadays.

My scariest moments were when I broke my wrist from skating. My mom wouldn't take me to the hospital until 3 weeks after I broke it because SHE THOUGHT IT WAS A BAD SPRAIN. I rub it in her face to this day :)

Another one was when I got hit by a car while I was skating to school. All I could think about was my math test (which I never made up)

And last but not least, I was like six and when I was going to the bathroom I noticed a piece of wall break off the wall and I was like "Oh no! I'm gonna get in so much trouble!" so I stuck the piece of wall in the toilet and flushed it. Of course, it got stuck and I was scared for my life. My mom bought the TRUE story and I escaped un-grounded.

.......yknow curiosity killed the cat

give him some space. it was terrifying to him

I guess... *leaves before she is killed*

I have yet to remember what my scariest moment is...

Edited by Desdemona

sorry i didnt mean to sound rude...its just i hate it when people ask ME questions like that

That's okay...I kind of deserved it. XD

*gets out before it gets too out of topic*

sorry i didnt mean to sound rude...its just i hate it when people ask ME questions like that

Nah, it's all right. We were worried he meant us and some others in chat.

.....You two seem to do this a lot.

Yeah. . . kind of noticed. . . :blink: