Best/ worst Lord in FE 6,7,8

Ansem

The worsest lord  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the worsest lord?

2. 2. Who is the best lord?

I smell H4x

I wasnt including supports and filla's might in that either. Im talking about no supports. no rings. Just the raw power of a unit

And did I see Eliwood double the dragon with Durandal? Even at max speed I dont think its possible. Durandal is too big for him and his pony

Edited by The Divine Swordmaster

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I smell H4x

I wasnt including supports and filla's might in that either. Im talking about no supports. no rings. Just the raw power of a unit

And did I see Eliwood double the dragon with Durandal? Even at max speed I dont think its possible. Durandal is too big for him and his pony

Body Rings, nuff said. Edited by LittleAl

Although I do want to mention that I've had Lyn ORKO the Fire Dragon once. Thank you supports, Filla's Might, and lucky crits!

Thats the power of Lyn :Lyn:

I smell H4x

Didn't sound like it.

And fyi, Lyn needs supports and Filla to 1-round - Lyn has 24 strength max, Sol Katti has 24 mt in the English version (effective mt is x2), so Lyn would only do 8 damage. In the Japanese version, she'd do 20 damage, enough to 1-round with two lucky crits, but she needs capped STR to do that, which she doesn't get on average.

Worst Roy

Best Eirika/Ephraim

Roy has great availability but he is weak, he has trouble doubling and he will probably reach level 20 soon and take up extra space.

The twins have great growths, mounted upon promotion both double and he has better stats but she can have better availability and two rapiers.

Best: Hector, but just because Ephraim's caps suck.

Of course not, Hector only bears +3 Str & +6 Def.

It's not it's necesary to have them cap every stat, and Ephraim caps the important stats such as Str, Skill & Spd while almost capping Def.

Hector is most likely to cap Str & Def, but Spd & Skill aren't all that either. And besides, Ephtaim gets +5 Str from Siegmund.

It's not it's necesary to have them cap every stat, and Ephraim caps the important stats such as Str, Skill & Spd while almost capping Def.

Hector is most likely to cap Str & Def, but Spd & Skill aren't all that either. And besides, Ephtaim gets +5 Str from Siegmund.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough.

Sure, Ephraim caps Speed... AT 24. He could probably have a 29 or so Speed Cap, since he has a good base/growth. Same thing with his Skill. Hector is fine with his caps because it's unlikely for him to reach his Spe or Skl cap.

Edited by The Chap

Did anyone else notice Ephraims low caps? <_<

Not saying he sucks but those are really low caps

They're not as awful as people make out. They're essentially Paladin caps with +2 STR and -2DEF/RES, but nobody ever complains about how bad Paladin caps are. I guess Ephraim is the lord, so he should have good caps, and Paladin caps suck anyway, and it's really noticeable how low his caps are when he hits them so frequently. Eirika's caps aren't stunning either (she's a Swordmaster with +2 RES, a pony, and no +crit.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear enough.

Sure, Ephraim caps Speed... AT 24. He could probably have a 29 or so Speed Cap, since he has a good base/growth. Same thing with his Skill. Hector is fine with his caps because it's unlikely for him to reach his Spe or Skl cap.

First of all, this is in the GBA series, the horseback units aren't meant to be REALLY fast, that would just make other faster units like pegasi utterly useless.

And why would you need 29 Spd cap when he's doubling everything once promoted? This is FE8, he laughs at enemies.

Did anyone else notice Ephraims low caps? <_<

Not saying he sucks but those are really low caps

Low caps? Can you be any more serious? Caps weren't made for your viewing pleasure, once they cap all you'll see is green, sure, a pretty, shining green. That's it? If they can tear apart any enemie it isn't even necesary.

You are a stat junkie.

First of all, this is in the GBA series, the horseback units aren't meant to be REALLY fast, that would just make other faster units like pegasi utterly useless.

And why would you need 29 Spd cap when he's doubling everything once promoted? This is FE8, he laughs at enemies.

Eh, I get your point, too bad the enemies are terribad in FE8 ( lol monsters ).

Still, caping Speed at 20/10 is wtf.

I haven't played FE6, but I heard Roy sucks by pretty much everyone who's brought up the subject, so yeah. Still, I lose Hector a lot, so I think I have to vote him for worst.

As for best, I'm stuck between Ephraim and Eliwood. Ephraim owns just about anything for me while Eliwood will just never die, that guy. He either dodges a heck of a lot or loses some HP then dodges at the last second. Jeepers. xP

I think I'll go with Ephraim just because he's the one doing the owning. Eliwood doesn't exactly own everything, lol.

I always felt Paladin caps sucked, but I thought that I was alone on that.....

They don't suck in the least, a capped paladin is doubling everything, or what. You see enemies that aren't Gwyllgi that reach 20 Spd? May I have to remind you this is a GBA Fire Emblem game?

Caps don't suck when they are reliable and actually useful, FE10 paladin caps DO suck, because enemies there go ABOVE 20 speed.

Roy/Hector

Roy: His main problem is his uber late promotion. 1~3chapters of being promoted? WTF!?! He is good before he hits level 20, and after that he starts going downhill... Lyn at least is a swordmaster. And uber hot.

Hector: Pretty awesome, I didn't pick eph because there are statboosters in FE8 and not in FE7. (Unlimited.)

Roy/Hector

Roy: His main problem is his uber late promotion. 1~3chapters of being promoted? WTF!?! He is good before he hits level 20, and after that he starts going downhill... Lyn at least is a swordmaster. And uber hot.

Actually, it's the other way around, he gains points in combat for the use of the Sword of Seals and it's awesome 1-2 range and Mt.

I didn't pick eph because there are statboosters in FE8 and not in FE7. (Unlimited.)

So? He's still capping many of his important stats without them. And it's not like your forced to use them, items in the game, don't, by any chance make a character worse.

Ephraim is great and all, but he doesn't measure up to Eliwood Mode Hector, who is arguably the best unit in FE history (excluding Sigurd obviously). HM Hector, with his late promotion, is indeed second best.

Being good in Eliwood Mode doesn't make him better, Ephraim is still great in Hard Mode, that's why he is better.

- He doubles reliably

- His offense is great

- His growths are better

- His Defense is reliable

Hector is just all Str and Def, his Hit isn't bad, of course, but his Spd is rather below average, especially when it comes to Hector Hard Mode, unit's performance is best qualified on how well it does when the game offers all it has. Yeah, like RedFox told me :awesome:

Except low SPD in FE7 is like low LCK in anything really. Defense isn't too important so its more of an emphasis on offense, even in HHM, where defense is only SLIGHTLY more important.

Also, Ephraim is definitely the best Lord here. His ONLY failing point is low caps. ONLY failing point.

ONLY failing.

ONLY.

He pretty much beats every sword user on here and against Hector, he has WTFSiegmund and even WITHOUT legendary weapons in play, Reginleif is just ridiculous.

If you switched Ephraim and Hector, FE7 would become MUCH easier.

Ephraim's only available half of the time (14/22 chapters in his mode, 7/22 in Eirika's, averages 10.5/22) compared to Hector only missing one short chapter and only half of the time. And Wolf Beil is also ridiculous.

Availability's the main reason I chose Hector over Ephraim.

Ephraim's only available half of the time (14/22 chapters in his mode, 7/22 in Eirika's, averages 10.5/22) compared to Hector only missing one short chapter and only half of the time. And Wolf Beil is also ridiculous.

Availability's the main reason I chose Hector over Ephraim.

Obviously you'd be comparing Hector to Eph route Ephraim, not averaging both routes. That just doesn't make sense.

Actually, it's the other way around, he gains points in combat for the use of the Sword of Seals and it's awesome 1-2 range and Mt.

The SoS Is an awesome weapon, but he has so little time to use it D: (He Beats Lyn when he has the SoS and she has the SK)

I got Roy to Level 20 around chapter 7. After that, he was useless. (He takes EXP away from everyone else. And unlike Pre-Promotes, he doesn't actually use it.) At his promotion, you could finally use him again. (Plus, the whole not changing sprites thing was annoying. >.<)

So? He's still capping many of his important stats without them. And it's not like your forced to use them, items in the game, don't, by any chance make a character worse.

I use Stat boosters... Hector really doesn't need them, so it matters to me.

Edited by Bryan

Roy is significantly better than Lyn. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

Roy receives Evd from supports. Lyn does not. B Lance/B Alan gives him +20 Evd and +4 Atk. He can snag a C with plenty of choices to fill himself up and get +5 more Evd On top of that, he has good Spd and Lck. Unlike Lyn, Roy is durable. Yes, he promotes very late, but Lyn promotes kinda late too, and consumes a 50,000 Gold item to do so while Roy does not and Roy's weapon is broken. Roy supports top tier units to make them better. Roy gets to fight a ton of axe users until Chapter 13 and have decent offense and good durability. Lyn does not.

Ephraim is the best one. Hector promotes extremely late. Eliwood is statistically inferior to Ephraim and promotes at around the same time.

Roy is significantly better than Lyn. Anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about.

I beg to differ.

Roy receives Evd from supports. Lyn does not. B Lance/B Alan gives him +20 Evd and +4 Atk. He can snag a C with plenty of choices to fill himself up and get +5 more Evd On top of that, he has good Spd and Lck. Unlike Lyn, Roy is durable. Yes, he promotes very late, but Lyn promotes kinda late too, and consumes a 50,000 Gold item to do so while Roy does not and Roy's weapon is broken. Roy supports top tier units to make them better. Roy gets to fight a ton of axe users until Chapter 13 and have decent offense and good durability. Lyn does not.

I've done this before and I'll do it again: I question the viability of Roy supporting Alan and Lance, at least after the first few maps. Once the two build support with each other, they'll be capable of running off and doing their own thing, not wanting to stick with Roy and his pitiful 5 move (especially when they promote and he's still level capped). As for Lyn's durability, it's not as bad as you make it sound. She has a lot of natural avoid and access to Lancereavers and Bows. I don't care if Roy's weapon is broken when he only has it for a few maps and the rest of the team is still largely capable anyway.

@Bolded: Lyn is not Dart.

Ephraim is the best one. Hector promotes extremely late. Eliwood is statistically inferior to Ephraim and promotes at around the same time.

Lyn receives AVO bonuses from supports with Kent, Hector, Eliwood, and gets a DEF bonus from Florina. I have NO idea why you think she can't get AVO from her supports. And getting a B with Eliwood/Hector and a C with Florina, she gets +10 AVO, +1.5 DEF, +15 CRIT, and +2.5 ATK. Roy also has rather bad supports with SEVERAL bad characters outside of Lance/Allen. And Roy/Lyn both share durability issues later on; in fact, Roy keep shaving issues until he promotes late and even THEN, the ONLY reason he is good is because of SoS. And Lyn, at the earliest, can promote at 24. AND YOU GET TWO HEAVEN SEALS FOR FREE YOU DOLT, one from Hawkeye and the other from Pent. So yeah, you're an idiot.

And Lyn does actually fight plenty of axe-users throughout her earlygame as well as in Eliwood/Hector parts as well, and even when she doesn't have the advantage, she'll double FUCKING EVERYTHING anyway and has Mani Katti, which is probably the best non-legendary weapon in the game. Insane critical bonus plus boost against horses and armors, the few classes that give Lyn problems? Yes plz.

Roy < Lyn, for sure. And if you know what you are talking about.

And for the record, just because Roy is supported by Top Tier characters does NOT make HIM better. By that logic, we should say Lyn is better since she is supported by Florina and Hector. OHWAI-

EDIT: God damn you Fox, ninja'd.

Edited by Merlinus the Jew