Best/ worst Lord in FE 6,7,8

Ansem

The worsest lord  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the worsest lord?

2. 2. Who is the best lord?

worst for me is Roy, I usually get him to lvl. 20 within the first 12 chapters. having him forced to do nothing for the rest of the chapters...

I've never played fe6 (past like chapter 3 or something) but is exp so hard to come by for your other characters that you can't let Roy do stuff in the other chapters? It's not like the game stops you from using him if he hits level 20.

I think the real problem is that Roy was never really good in the first place, so being restricted to 5 move and never growing statistically while both the enemies and the team are getting better just makes things worse and worse for him.

Also, since this game lacks many safety net-type prepromotes (only really Percival since Echidna's bases aren't good enough for later) and enemies are pretty strong, I'd say you want all the experience you can get for a growing team, at least more than in the localized games.

I don't doubt that his stats leave something (or much) to be desired, or that exp is important. I just don't see how any of that forces him to do nothing once he hits level 20. It's only too bad he doesn't have ranged weapons because you can't have him weaken without taking counters. Obviously having him finish enemies if you have another unit nearby that can also kill something with equal effect on turns but needs experience you wouldn't use Roy for it.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree with the majority: Roy and Ephraim, respectively.

I would rank the best to worst in this order:

Ephraim

Hector

Eliwood

Lyn

Eirika

Roy

I'd put Eirika above Lyn. Eirika is very good against earlygame bandits, gets a mount, has a better affinity and supports, and has a better endgame PRF weapon. Her stats in general are slightly better too. (In fact, I'd probably place Eirika above Eliwood too.)

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Eliwood as the worst. He sucks earlygame (lance users sure like to impale him), doesnt double reliably until promotion mediorce caps and growths and gets a crappy legendary weapon.

The best is Ephraim, sure his caps blow but at least he can reach his (looking at you Eliwood <_< ) plus he gets lances and rapes as soon as you get him. :newyears:

idk why some think Lyn is bad, at least she can dodge and she doubles at base level. When she promotes she is a dodge tank!! :awesome: Her growth spread is good. (I think her bases somewhat suck but thats another topic for another time)

Worst is Roy. Without a doubt.

At least Lyn gets Mani Katti which is pretty WTF.

And Eliwood gets horse and Durandal on promotion so that is cool too. And Rapier is cool. Plus he gets higher growths than Roy in everything except lolLCK. He either ties or surpasses every single one of Roy's growths except lolLCK. He's also a MUCH better support partner. And gets a higher starting sword level and has +2 CON.

Er... the only thing Roy has over Eliwood is WTFSealed Sword.

I don't think I've heard of anyone complain about Lyn's offense. It's her durability. 16 HP/2 Def at base is pretty bad, 70/20 growths and lack of ranged attacking don't help it much.

Well I've heard ppl bash Lyn's offense plenty of times. Like "she doesnt have any offense without her mani katti", and "when it breaks shes S.O.L"

But yeah your right 16 HP and 2 Def are bases I'd expect from a magic/staff user not a melee unit.

Damn IS and their sexism!

6+7 had so many better units so Lyn and Roy wouldn't be fighting that much but compared tothe final bLyn can get boss Roy can ORKO Lyn on the other hand can get OHKO'd consistently by the dragon whilst doing roughly 7 damage a pop

Yes it is.

And Mani Katti is awesome. It's one of her saving graces.

^This

Mani Katti is the best prf weapon EVER for a Lord IMO

6+7 had so many better units so Lyn and Roy wouldn't be fighting that much but compared tothe final bLyn can get boss Roy can ORKO Lyn on the other hand can get OHKO'd consistently by the dragon whilst doing roughly 7 damage a pop

Roy just has an overpowered legandary weapon, besides no one can solo the fire dragon in FE7 unless their name is Canas and Athos.

Roy just has an overpowered legandary weapon, besides no one can solo the fire dragon in FE7 unless their name is Canas and Athos.

Provided the lucky critical kicks in with Luna that is. Although Canas would need two criticals to even try to solo the Fire Dragon WITHOUT Nils's help. With Nils's help via Filla's Might, he would need only one critical to do as much damage as Athos would do if he critted without Nils's help. At the same time, Filla's Might + lucky crit would have Athos OHKO the Fire Dragon.

Although I do want to mention that I've had Lyn ORKO the Fire Dragon once. Thank you supports, Filla's Might, and lucky crits!

Judging by that video and whatever equipment is usually available, I'd assume that the only ones who can't ORKO the Fire Dragon would be:

Swordmasters

Assassins

Falcon Knights

Valkyries

Nomad Troopers (Mostly because we get one whose affinity gives partial attack.)