Oujay or Dieck

Ansem

Who is better?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

Yeeeah. Oujay loses AS on every axe in the game, including big losses on the most important ones (Hand Axe and Tomahawk).

You don't even get one in game.

Oh, how did I get 9 as his base con? 8E

Merc base is 9.

Really? I could've sworn you get at least one Tomahawk. Huh, that's too bad. Oh well, Hand Axes are broken in FE6.

The only Tomahawk you get is in Trial Maps when you unlock Murdock.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly.

This is what happens when posting in the wrong section.

Without enemy stats in front of me, I have to use personal experience for statements like that. I know it's not far from the truth, I've raised Oujay twice and both times he ended up with fairly average stats and had no trouble doubling with the iron axe.

I never gave him shit like the steel axe, but the iron axe is usually better than that anyway because of Hit.

Take the high road and use both of them.

This is the real truth. With arenas to bring anyone underleveled up to speed there's no excuse to not at least try everybody out when you're playing on an emulator.

Without enemy stats in front of me, I have to use personal experience for statements like that. I know it's not far from the truth, I've raised Oujay twice and both times he ended up with fairly average stats and had no trouble doubling with the iron axe.

It's not that he has trouble doubling, it's that he is unable to one round because he's weak. If he upgrades to stronger swords, he is almost always losing the weapon triangle and that puts him in danger.

I never gave him shit like the steel axe, but the iron axe is usually better than that anyway because of Hit.

Well, Oujay sucks with the Steel Axe, but it's amazing for units that can take advantage. Dieck has great skill to make up for the Steel Axe's hit rate (as well as Lances being everywhere) and enough Con to still double with it. This gives him more power than an Iron and increased weapon EXP for Axes. This gets him to Silver/Killer much quicker than Oujay gets there. Being able to use both Legendary weapons without AS loss is nice too.

When I first brought up that Oujay was able to double reliably with the iron axe the discussion was about the speed penalties he takes from axes.

As far as I'm concerned the steel axe is only any good for Dick. He's the only one with both the Skill and Con required to use it reliably.

That's the way Axes should be anyway; powerful and inaccurate. Though Hand Axe is way too powerful in FE6. I really didn't like what they did with Axes after it.

I mean, every game is already 5:1 for lance users, why make Axes more accurate on top of it? It's stupid.

When you're playing a physical copy of the game without savestates it's nice to have reliable rather than random characters. Nobody likes to restart chapters.

When you're playing a physical copy of the game without savestates it's nice to have reliable rather than random characters. Nobody likes to restart chapters.

Well, I don't use savestates even when playing FE6. I'd rather restart a chapter than be invincible. Axes are far and away the best weapon in FE7, for example, because they're accurate and the strongest weapon type.

Well, I don't use savestates even when playing FE6. I'd rather restart a chapter than be invincible. Axes are far and away the best weapon in FE7, for example, because they're accurate and the strongest weapon type.

That's been known since the game came out. I was just saying the reason why I think the developers chose to make axes more accurate, and why they've been moving away from randomness in general ever since FE5.

I make savestates all the time for a variety of reasons, though I make a point of not reloading from them unless something really silly happens, like an enemy critical from a three percent chance.

Edited by Hero

• 11 months later...

Better support pool means Dieck is winning.... Good bases and early arrival is good too!

Oujay arrives a bit late and has a ton of unreliable supports... LOLWENDY for sure... the only good one he has is Lalum but is likely to be a support parasite for her since Lalum won't benefit much from Oujay...