What anime/manga are you following right now?

Hatari

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or is Tamers a bit darker than the first two?

Yup, Tamers has a darker approach in its plot, involving Digimon partner deaths and its effects (guilt and loss), it brings up the Digimon as a consequence of humanity's thirst for technology. It's much more realistic than Adventures and Frontier were most things just "magically" occur. Also the part where Digimon Partners have to return to the Digital World. Imo, Tamers is Digimon's best season, for some other reasons too.

I have been keeping up with No Game No Life and in my spare time I watched Mekaku City Actors and Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara. Now I'm holding out for SAO 2 and Persona 4 Golden The Animation.

I was a little bit disapointed with Mekaku because I loved the manga but something just felt off about the anime. I absolutely LOVED No Game No Life, fantastic series! and Kanojo ga Flag is also pretty hilarious.

Yup, Tamers has a darker approach in its plot, involving Digimon partner deaths and its effects (guilt and loss), it brings up the Digimon as a consequence of humanity's thirst for technology. It's much more realistic than Adventures and Frontier were most things just "magically" occur. Also the part where Digimon Partners have to return to the Digital World. Imo, Tamers is Digimon's best season, for some other reasons too.

While I do agree that Tamers presented a more realistic view, I feel like the darkness kinda dragged things along.

I personally like Frontier. It's the first one I that I finished watching.

Now that No Game No Life, Black Bullet, One-Week Friends, and We Are All From Kawaisou are over, it's just Mahouka, Fairy Tail, and One Piece (the latter two of which are super long/usually air for a while). As far as non-airing shows go, Hyouka on occasion and I've still got some other shows on hiatus...

While I do agree that Tamers presented a more realistic view, I feel like the darkness kinda dragged things along.

I personally like Frontier. It's the first one I that I finished watching.

Oh hey Frontier is really nice, people bash this season because the idea of partner Digimons was eliminated and that Takuya and Koji were the centre of most of the season and the rest were awfully useless and almost non existant. But I still think, that with a couple of flaws, it still is a great season of the series.

Oh hey Frontier is really nice, people bash this season because the idea of partner Digimons was eliminated and that Takuya and Koji were the centre of most of the season and the rest were awfully useless and almost non existant. But I still think, that with a couple of flaws, it still is a great season of the series.

Well, isn't that the case with most of other seasons? There's a few protagonists and the rest are side characters.

I liked the new approach of they took with Frontier. Overall, I enjoyed Frontier.

Frontier actually showed us some character development for Takuya, and even a bit for Koji. It is the most dark season of Digimon right after Tamers, and as such also my second favorite one

Frontier actually showed us some character development for Takuya, and even a bit for Koji. It is the most dark season of Digimon right after Tamers, and as such also my second favorite one

I think what I like about Frontier is how they paced everything. It didn't seem that dark to me but enough to have it stand out and presented in a way that I didn't feel too overwhelmed by the darkness.

I think what I like about Frontier is how they paced everything. It didn't seem that dark to me but enough to have it stand out and presented in a way that I didn't feel too overwhelmed by the darkness.

I'd agree that the presentation was good, but only if we leave out the last few episodes. Those kinda broke the mood of the show, they failed in comparison to the earlier ones

Did anyone else watch Sailor Moon Crystal today? I didn't mind it, the artwork is really cute, although the original OST will forever be more memorable. Hopefully the transformation sequences won't be as long and ridiculous as the original anime.

From this season: Tokyo Ghoul, SAO 2, Aldnoah.Zero, Zankyou no Terror. Maybe I'll pick up some other shows.

Not from this season: TWGOK 2 mainly. Maybe I'll finish A Certain Magical Index and Clannad but those are a bit slow/repetitive for me.

Just finished Fate Zero. I liked it way more than Fate/Stay Night

That's great! Fate/Zero is the best, never watched the Fate/Stay Night anime (but I played the super lengthy visual novel, I guess; it wasn't as good IMO).

That's great! Fate/Zero is the best, never watched the Fate/Stay Night anime (but I played the super lengthy visual novel, I guess; it wasn't as good IMO).

I watched Fate/Stay Night with a buddy who swore by it but I felt it didn't make sense. He had to explain things to me. I thought Zero made more sense and was more interesting. I haven't played the visual novel. Gilgamesh and Kirei Kotomine are my favorites haha

As for the topic. I'm finally getting around to watching G Gundam

I watched Fate/Stay Night with a buddy who swore by it but I felt it didn't make sense. He had to explain things to me. I thought Zero made more sense and was more interesting. I haven't played the visual novel. Gilgamesh and Kirei Kotomine are my favorites haha

As for the topic. I'm finally getting around to watching G Gundam

What didn't make sense?

Space Dandy Season 2 Episode 1. What a fucking amazing start for season 2, really laughed a lot and seeing the many versions of Dandy and co. was delightful.

Honestly, F/Z being better than F/SN is almost given. F/SN is agreed by basically everyone I know as 'mediocre at best'. I'm referring to the anime of both of course.

Yeah, Fate/Zero is one of my favorite animes while I kind of got bored of the Fate/Stay Night anime after the first few episodes.

Still Mahouka and Captain Earth (two cours, but both are extremely mediocre), in addition 3-episodes-rule for Rail Wars, Locodol, Glasslip, Argevollen, Tokyo Ghoul. SAO s2 is a must.

Honestly, F/Z being better than F/SN is almost given. F/SN is agreed by basically everyone I know as 'mediocre at best'. I'm referring to the anime of both of course.

CG dragon was one of the best anime moments ever.

Random German words make it even better.

Watching the first episode of Akame Ga Kill. So far it's been just as good if not better than the manga. Of course I'll have to wait for a few more episodes and all of the character introductions before I can judge for certain. So far, however, it's on my must watch list.

Finished up Fate/Zero. And well... it was really good. I'm hesitant to start on Fate/Stay Night though, as I've heard it's not quite as good. I'll probably just wait for the remake.