Pairings!

Anacybele

I see no thread on pairings in FE, so I thought, why not make one? :3

As the description says, let's talk about our favorite FE pairings in here! Let's try to stay away from the gay/lesbian stuff though, alright? (unless you're talking about characters heavily implied to be gay/lesbian, like Heather in FE10, I guess) xP

My favorite by far is Ike/Elincia. I was so disappointed to see that they weren't a choice in RD after being so close in PoR. Still, that doesn't matter to me, I found a way to pair them in my fanfic anyhow (it's an RD sequel). Anyway, Ike and Elincia just look so cute and adorable together, imo. The hero and the princess/queen ftw.

Second is Kieran/Marcia. Cute knightly pairing right here. They didn't even get to pair with anyone at all though, so I guess they're still possible. ;D

Also, I've heard in a couple places that Ike/Elincia is one of the most popular pairings out there. Is this really true? If so, shame on IS. DX

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no thread on pairings in FE, so I thought, why not make one? :3

As the description says, let's talk about our favorite FE pairings in here! Let's try to stay away from the gay/lesbian stuff though, alright? (unless you're talking about characters heavily implied to be gay/lesbian, like Heather in FE10, I guess) xP

My favorite by far is Ike/Elincia. I was so disappointed to see that they weren't a choice in RD after being so close in PoR. Still, that doesn't matter to me, I found a way to pair them in my fanfic anyhow (it's an RD sequel). Anyway, Ike and Elincia just look so cute and adorable together, imo. The hero and the princess/queen ftw.

Second is Kieran/Marcia. Cute knightly pairing right here. They didn't even get to pair with anyone at all though, so I guess they're still possible. ;D

Also, I've heard in a couple places that Ike/Elincia is one of the most popular pairings out there. Is this really true? If so, shame on IS. DX

I don't know about everyone else, but I love the Ike/Elincia pairing and think Geoffrey is the scum of the universe for stealing Elincia from Ike. Home-wrecker.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Some people would say that Ike/Soren and Raven/Lucius are heavily implied...

I don't know about everyone else, but I love the Ike/Elincia pairing and think Geoffrey is the scum of the universe for stealing Elincia from Ike. Home-wrecker.

I never really got Ike/Elincia. I mean, could you imagine Ike marrying a queen and becoming a noble? It would be completely out of character for someone who doesn't want to be part of the nobility. Elincia/Geoffrey makes much more sense, as does Ike/Ranulf.

I don't know about Raven/Lucius, but I could not find anything that truly hinted at Ike/Soren. Especially since I know exactly how Soren feels in that scene where Ike gave him a hug. The very same situation once happened to me. I was upset and a girl gave me a hug to cheer me up. Ike did the very same thing for Soren because he was his best friend and the guy was upset as heck. Nothing more.

Besides, neither Ike nor Soren are heavily implied to be gay at all, so yeah. xP

And Narga, I agree. I don't like Geoffrey as much as I used to for taking Elincia. Shame on him!

I'm really no supporter of Ike x Elincia >_>

The pairing seems to be illogical due to Ike's personality.

Now, for the topic...

Raven X Priscilla/Eirika X Ephraim

Ilyana X Zihark...(Ilyana X Mia is better, though)

Sue X Roy, for no apparent reason

and: CLARINE X LANCE!

I'm really no supporter of Ike x Elincia >_>

The pairing seems to be illogical due to Ike's personality.

Ike does dislike the life of nobles and royals, but I don't think he's the kind of guy to turn down a woman he loves just because of that, especially since he was willing to be a noble for her without the reason being love and twice. xP

Besides, Ike doesn't necessarily have to become a noble to be with Elincia. Elincia said herself she never wanted to be queen, so why isn't she allowed to abdicate the throne? Besides, Renning was originally supposed to rule anyway.

Believe me, you don't want to debate with me about Ike/Elincia. I've done my homework on the matter. I not only enjoy playing the games, but I like theorizing about them too, especially when it comes to pairings. :P

Edited by Eternal Bond

I don't know about Raven/Lucius, but I could not find anything that truly hinted at Ike/Soren. Especially since I know exactly how Soren feels in that scene where Ike gave him a hug. The very same situation once happened to me. I was upset and a girl gave me a hug to cheer me up. Ike did the very same thing for Soren because he was his best friend and the guy was upset as heck. Nothing more.

Besides, neither Ike nor Soren are heavily implied to be gay at all, so yeah. xP

I don't really agree with Ike/Soren either, but my point was that lots of people out there do. It's obvious that Soren is utterly devoted to Ike, at the very least, even if it isn't necessarily romantic.

And neither Ike or Soren are implied to be straight, either. You never see either flirting or being especially nice to girls. Obviously, Ike cares about Elincia and feels protective towards her, but he seems to feel the same way about Soren as well.

Ike does dislike the life of nobles and royals, but I don't think he's the kind of guy to turn down a woman he loves just because of that, especially since he was willing to be a noble for her without the reason being love and twice. xP

Besides, Ike doesn't necessarily have to become a noble to be with Elincia. Elincia said herself she never wanted to be queen, so why isn't she allowed to abdicate the throne? Besides, Renning was originally supposed to rule anyway.

Well, we've never seen exactly how Ike acts when he's in love, since either you think:

-He doesn't love Elincia, ergo we can't say how he acts when in love

-He does love Elincia, but he seems to act pretty identically with her as with anyone else he cares about

As for Ike becoming a noble in PoR, this is only because he wants to liberate Crimea.

Elincia, on the other hand, would never abdicate. It's pretty clear that she is, above all else, loyal to Crimea. She would never abandon her country, or be happy in any position that didn't directly serve Crimea. I can hardly imagine her becoming a homemaker, or joining Ike as a mercenary.

You're completely wrong on one thing: Elincia abdicating. I actually think she would if it were completely up to her. She said herself she never wanted to rule Crimea and that she's not a very good queen. Plus, she wasn't raised like princesses usually are. She was raised just like any other normal girl. In fact, she'd fit better as a homemaker than anything else since she told Mist that she cooked, cleaned, sewed, and all kinds of things. She's used to that kind of stuff, not being seated on a throne having to deal with country affairs directly.

Elincia only stays on the throne because there's still her friends and people to think about. She doesn't know what they'd think of her deciding to leave the throne, and if she were desperate enough because of being in love with a man like Ike, I think she would.

You're completely wrong on one thing: Elincia abdicating. I actually think she would if it were completely up to her. She said herself she never wanted to rule Crimea and that she's not a very good queen. Plus, she wasn't raised like princesses usually are. She was raised just like any other normal girl. In fact, she'd fit better as a homemaker than anything else since she told Mist that she cooked, cleaned, sewed, and all kinds of things. She's used to that kind of stuff, not being seated on a throne having to deal with country affairs directly.

Elincia only stays on the throne because there's still her friends and people to think about. She doesn't know what they'd think of her deciding to leave the throne, and if she were desperate enough because of being in love with a man like Ike, I think she would.

She cares too much about Crimea. that's why she wouldn;t give up the throne,simply because she would worry too much about the countries well being.

She cares too much about Crimea. that's why she wouldn;t give up the throne,simply because she would worry too much about the countries well being.

Wouldn't ALL Crimeans worry about their country's well-being? I think so. You don't have to be on a throne to influence that. Ike is the best example here. He saved the whole country and he's just a mercenary. Besides, why would Elincia have to worry when she could easily ensure that her people are in good hands? Renning would make for a good ruler as well since he was originally supposed to in the first place.

Ludveck: Abdicate or I kill your childhood friend, bitch!

Elincia: Screw you, Crimea needs me!

Ludveck: Abdicate or I kill your childhood friend, bitch!

Elincia: Screw you, Crimea needs me!

Uh, may I remind you they take care of Ludveck? Once he's out of the way, Elincia doesn't have to worry. Renning would be taking over anyway.

Leaving Crimea in the hands of Ludveck is way way worse than leaving it in the hands of Renning. The idea is what's best for Crimea, and she knows that Ludveck would be a horrible ruler. So, you make sacrifices to assure that your country is okay. But with Renning around, you don't have to worry about that. There is no need to make a massive sacrifice like that.

I question whether or not Renning would be accepted as ruler, though, and whether or not he is healthy enough mentally to rule. But it is a possibility.

Ike only has paired endings with men.

All the other paired endings in the game are explicitly romantic in nature.

Basically the support for Ike liking guys is high, the support for him liking girls is low (he even avoids Aimee like the plague when she hits on him).

So there's no reason about being mad about Geoffrey taking Elincia, because while Geoffrey is clearly enamored with Elincia, Ike is pretty clearly not (in RD at least). I don't really see what you guys don't like about Geoffrey anyway, I think the noble knight/his queen is a cute love pairing.

Really the debate should be Ike/Soren vs. Ike/Ranulf. I prefer Ike/Ranulf, because IS making Ike a gay furry is pretty much the most progressive thing ever.

Ike's never shown any interest in women, while he has had moments with men...

I like Mia x Rhys. Mia is the man in their relationship (or she thinks she is).

Edited by Saloma

Ike's never shown any interest in women, while he has had moments with men...

I like Mia x Rhys. Mia is the man in their relationship (or she thinks she is).

Mia/Rhys.... Bleck. That reeks of crack pairing (but not as much as Astrid/Makalov - Damn you IS!). No synergy between them whatsoever. NONE. Mia deserves better.

That aside... Hmmm...

Really the debate should be Ike/Soren vs. Ike/Ranulf. I prefer Ike/Ranulf, because IS making Ike a gay furry is pretty much the most progressive thing ever.

I dunno. If you ask me, wanting to **** animals with fur is more of an atavistic regression. Definitely harking back to the "old days"...

Basically the support for Ike liking guys is high, the support for him liking girls is low (he even avoids Aimee like the plague when she hits on him).

To be honest, I'd avoid Aimee like the plague if she was hitting on me (and I'm 100% straight). So that in itself doesn't prove he's gay.

His ending with Soren however...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I prefer Ike/Ranulf because Soren looks too young to be going with anyone and is probably asexual anyway, because Ike seems to actually like being around Ranulf (Ranulf is pretty cool), but mainly because Soren's way uglier than Ranulf.

Edit

Oh yes, I was gonna talk about my favourite pairing rather than debating who Ike would end up with! I really like Bastian/Lucia, because they're pretty funny when they're together. I also like Tanith/Oscar.

Edited by Anouleth

Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf Mist x Rolf

Have I made my point clear? How Mist ended up with Boyd I'll never know. I mean, he's like ten years older than her and he's a total muscle-head while she's a sweet little girl. While Rofl is a sweet little girl just like her. They're a perfect match.