Shiny Pokemon

Anacybele

As many Pokemon players probably know, shiny Pokemon are the Pokemon that are oddly colored and emit sparkles whenever you see one. But they're so holy crap freaking rare that the chance of meeting one is like 1 in 8000 or so.

Who here has had the pleasure of seeing/capturing a shiny Pokemon? I have! :D

First shiny I met was a Nincada in Emerald. Didn't catch it because I didn't want a Nincada at the time. I also didn't realize how valuable shiny Pokemon really were either, so yeah.

Second was Kricketune in Platinum. Caught it and traded it for a Volt Tackle Pichu.

Third and very recently, Rattata in FireRed. I'm training it to be a shiny Raticate. :3

All on Gold: Male Drowsee just before Goldenrod, Female Rapidash at the foot of Mt. Silver and Male Doduo east of New Bark Town. I just trained the unevolved ones so they could evolve.

I know a friend of mine is having a Female Azumarill for his 4th generation team, which IIRC he caught in the Safari Zone.

Shiny Mightyena in Emerald. I didn't know what a Shiny was at the time and was going WTF? So I caught it. Then my cousin explained to me what a shiny was and why it's valuable, and proceeded to trade me a Mudkip for it.

I facepalm whenever I remember it.

Shiny Abra :awesome:

Unfortunately, it teleported out.

This made me laugh, sorry.

First shiny that wasn't Gyarados was a Tentacool back in Crystal. After that I caught a shiny Zubat in Ruby. Then in Leaf Green I caught a shiny Haunter and Spearow, who is now a Fearow.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just gonna kill this...

Crystal: Gyarados (The red one)

Ruby: Zigagoon-Linoone (Event)

Taillow-Swellow (Random Occurance)

Tentacool (I caught it but then in about 10 min my cousin erased it... but she counted)

Golbat-Crobat (Trade, but I had 2 pink crobats)

Sapphire: Rayquaza (Random occurance, i didn't know until later he was green...)

Emerald: Treeko-Grovyle-Sceptile (Egg)

Poochyena (First pokemon I ran into that I could catch, thank goodness!)

Colluseum: Crocanaw-Feralagatr (Snagged from the blue guy in the snagem hideout, didn't figure out it was shiny until he evolved)

XD (Gale of Darkness): Sandshrew-Sandslash (Pokespot, looked funny when i saw her then i saw it was shiny and i flipped)

Firered: Ninorina F (Random occurance)

Pearl: Cressila (Thought I had my action replay in, didn't pay it mind, then noticed it was at my friend's house)

I think thats all, but i always wanted a shiny oddish, love those guys.

Can anyone top my list? I'd love to think so. I had 13 without cheats.

Edited by Uphir

The only Shining Pokémon that I've ever come across (having quit after G/S/C), aside from the Red Gyarados, was a Shining Ho-oh. On my copy of Gold, I had an absurdly overleveled Feraligatr (like, Lv. 60 or something), with my next strongest that could actually survive the fight being said Red Gyarados. After either having Ho-oh kill itself via Struggle or running out of balls to catch it with, I'd reset, and repeat the process. I just happened to get lucky enough that, on my 10th or so try of the process, I swapped Gyarados out front, and lo-and-behold, I was greeted by the heavenly body above. What sucks now though is that my Silver and Crystal carts (one of which had the Ho-oh) are both dead now, leaving me with a Gold cart that's probably died since when I came back to college in January. :/

I caught a shiny Gyarados once, in Gold version. :D :D :D

That's the only one I've gotten legitimately. I also saw a shiny Rapidash on that same Gold version, but it went down to a critical hit before I could catch it. When I got a Gameshark, I got myself a whole bunch of shinies. Since my file on that cartridge was deleted, four or five years ago, I haven't owned any shiny pokemon or even seen one in the wild.

Edited by Hero

I've seen plenty of shiny Pokemon, though I admit I only caught half of them, because I already owned the type of Pokemon. But for what I caught: Goldeen, Machop, Mareep, Larvitar in both Pokemon Silver and Crystal. Shiny female Nidoran and Ditto in Leaf Green. Shiny Spinda for Ruby.

From what I've seen but didn't catch, shiny Golbat, Zubat, Meowth, Diglett, Ratata and Onix.