Paladins

Ansem

53 members have voted

1. 1. Paladins

• They suck
    • They pawn
    • There ok

Lowen's Strength growth is lower if i remember correctly. Kent and Sain both have better strength growths.

I heart Paladins. Even in FE10 although they did get nerfed noticeably. (so did Laguz and other stuff.) While Peg Knights are my favorite mounted units, Pallies get the job done and are often your front runners. Luckily, they get a mastery in FE10 thats most useful.

Yeah, but I don't like the fact it procs with skill/2 rather than skill. I suppose the x3 damage + healing is enough reason not to let it be skill%, though.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sol is pretty bad as masteries go. It's skill/2%, it's only triple damage so it might not kill a Red Dragon, it only procs at 1-range and it takes 30 capacity, so on top of Canto Paladins only have 20 capacity remaining. It's better than Bane and Corona, but it's worse than every other skill. I guess they were trying to tone it down from FE9 where Sol was one of like, three worthwhile mastery skills.

Why are people saying Paladins are no good in RD? Sure, Geoffrey, Astrid, and Fiona suck/are mediocre, but Oscar, Titania, and Kieran are pretty damn good. I can own just about anything with those three every time I play through the game. Makalov is okay, just a bit too underleveled. Renning comes in way too late to make a real judgement, but he was pretty good when I used him.

I've had good Paladins in every FE game I've played, to be honest.

It's their speed caps. Which brings me to something I seem to find ironic: the fact that the only paladins with a decent speed cap (translated: 34 or higher) are the hardest to train. That aside... Kieran never seens to double after 2-3 pretty much, and Oscar has strength problems in addition to a sucky speed cap.

Sol is pretty bad as masteries go. It's skill/2%, it's only triple damage so it might not kill a Red Dragon, it only procs at 1-range and it takes 30 capacity, so on top of Canto Paladins only have 20 capacity remaining. It's better than Bane and Corona, but it's worse than every other skill. I guess they were trying to tone it down from FE9 where Sol was one of like, three worthwhile mastery skills.

Not quite true; Sol can activate with a bow.

I don't see how Sain and Kent wouldn't compare to any of the other cavaliers in other titles. Sain and Kent are like the 3rd best Red & Green cavaliers in the series. That's "meh?"

I do feel that Lowen's overrated though.

Alan and Lance > Kent and Sain

Kyle and Forde > Kent and Sain

Aless > Kent + Sain

Edited by Kai

Alan and Lance < Kent and Sain

Kyle and Forde < Kent and Sain

Aless < Kent + Sain

You completely miss the point. I said 3rd best red and green cavaliers. I never said they WERE the best paladins. Way to shoot outside the target.

FE4,FE5,and FE9 paladins/mounted units are pretty epic.

And ALL the Jeigan archetypes are great. And even the ones that have a crappy endgame still pull off amazing earlygame utility.

but he specifically said Red/Green cavaliers. Jeigans are out, even things like Oscar and Kieran are out because they really aren't red/green since Kieran isn't available until chapter 11. Actually, I'm wondering how many cav pairs follow the red/green archetype. Is third best the same thing as second worst? (ie: only 4 pairs of cavs match the red/green archetype description?)

but he specifically said Red/Green cavaliers. Jeigans are out, even things like Oscar and Kieran are out because they really aren't red/green since Kieran isn't available until chapter 11. Actually, I'm wondering how many cav pairs follow the red/green archetype. Is third best the same thing as second worst? (ie: only 4 pairs of cavs match the red/green archetype description?)

I didn't bother responding to the red/green cavalier argument, I was responding to the OP seeing as I skimmed through this thread.

But now that you reminded me:

I think the best Red/Green cavalier pairs either has to be Alan+Lance or Cain+Abel in FEDS.

I didnt play FE2, 9 and 10

Its Abel and Cain in FE1,3 and 11

Niosh and Alec in FE4

Alan and Lance in FE6

Kent and inSain in FE7

And Kyle and Forde in FE8

If im right then there are 5 Cain/Abel archtypes

Silly rabbit tiers are for queers

I'd tell you that we are not discussing tiers in this thread but Speedwagon will tell me not to minimod

If you're talking about which pair of cavaliers is better than the other, it's the same thing.

Yes they are

But then again there in a very easy game

But there still better

Not in relation to their team, Kent and Sain come in the first Chapter and are thereby more helpful there and later on.

Yes they are

But then again there in a very easy game

But there still better

A worse support synergy than Sain and Kent (you seriously can't tell me Wind X Ice > Wind X Anima), and as Soul pointed out, Sain and Kent come earlier, and therefore contribute more than Kyle and Forde. I don't really see how Kyle and Forde are better than Sain and Kent. (And I don't know if I'm missing anything either.)

Can Genghis really be a nomad? Aren't they stuck with 2/2 range bows? Chances are he uses something more awesome like an axe or something.

This is totally relevant to the topic at hand.

Cavaliers/paladins always make the front line of my armies.

Can Genghis really be a nomad? Aren't they stuck with 2/2 range bows? Chances are he uses something more awesome like an axe or something.

This is totally relevant to the topic at hand.

Cavaliers/paladins always make the front line of my armies.

Geghis is a Pwnlord (Master lord)

He pawns EVERYTHING

Geghis is a Pwnlord (Master lord)

He pawns EVERYTHING

Is pawning the opposite of queening? Like, a knight or rook or something makes it to the other side of the board and is then stuck in place?

Is pawning the opposite of queening? Like, a knight or rook or something makes it to the other side of the board and is then stuck in place?

No, I think "Geghis" just sells all his stuff ("everything" he owns) at shops willing to give money for stuff. Finds something lying on the street? Pawns it. Parents buy a chesterfield to sit on? Pawns it.

(It makes me think of the Numbers episode where the FBI guys don't know what "pwned" means and think the message says "You are pawned" and don't understand. Charlie has to explain, and then they ask "well if you mean owned, why not just say owned?")

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Anyway, on a more historical note...was it Genghis Khan or his son that died of a nosebleed or something? Did one of them die pathetically like that, or did I just imagine that?