Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

1. That's EXACTLY why I made that side-note.

2. Yes quite a bit of time has passed.

3. I knew that, and was planning on disabling them, in the future.

Edited by Snike

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

No, that has to be someone else. Eric's already said that. Many times. It did not end well, to say the least.

Edit: And with that, I'm out. Need some sleep. Be back tomorrow, sometime after 10 PM.

Edited by Snike

Nighty night Snike, guess that's it for the RP (At least we managed to reach the next page!)

Guess I'll be off too then, since there's not much else that can be done today :/

*Is happy with the amount of chaos she caused today, and will go treat herself to something special*

Will deal with anything more serious later when I have more time, but first.

@Balcerzak: Tristan and Isolde, Le Mort d'Arthur, no idea what the other one is. 2/3 ain't bad though, right?

Ding, Ding...

Song/Ballad of Roland?

...and Ding.

I made them too easy, didn't I? :)

You wouldn't deprive a old man of his walking stick, so why a mute woman her writing book?

I'm getting serious Gandalf flashbacks here, just so you know.

Everything else seems to be mostly resolved for the moment, but there was just one more thing I wanted to touch on regarding cross-player character control. I've mentioned before I tend to come from the more "hands-off" school of thought on this matter. Basic and simple reactions aside (which having a brief list of character traits and past references compiled in one place is perhaps actually helpful for), players have their own characters for a reason, in my opinion. Have I bent this rule before? Maybe, maybe. Do I more commonly cut interactions a little short, and leave things either explicitly or implicitly waiting on another person for reaction? I like to think so. (NB: If I'm wrong here, I'd like to be told about it. Honestly, and seriously. If you don't want to yell at me in public, my inbox is always open.)

Oh. Also, just FYI, I'm assuming that, while being healed on the brink of death is certainly a life-continuing-altering experience, none of you will object to being forced to live. If your characters do have some sort of Do Not Resuscitate wish, irrational fear of staves, or some other interesting event that should go off in the event of Tessa!healing, let me know so I make certain to give you the appropriate opportunity to react when she tries to heal you unknowing of the consequences, instead of perhaps mistakenly just glazing over it and leaving you frustrated.

(This said, I need to see a woman about a horse. *works on drafting PM*)

Also, because I was amused.

Tessa & Morgan for example don't really seem to be revealing much about themselves in terms of events, but slowly reveal themselves through long boring jk internal monologues. But are able to stay as interesting as any of the other character.

B-boring internal monologues? Guilty as charged. And thank you.

*yawns*

Five minutes ago ... I wasn't even conscious :mellow:

Everything else seems to be mostly resolved for the moment, but there was just one more thing I wanted to touch on regarding cross-player character control. I've mentioned before I tend to come from the more "hands-off" school of thought on this matter. Basic and simple reactions aside (which having a brief list of character traits and past references compiled in one place is perhaps actually helpful for), players have their own characters for a reason, in my opinion. Have I bent this rule before? Maybe, maybe. Do I more commonly cut interactions a little short, and leave things either explicitly or implicitly waiting on another person for reaction? I like to think so. (NB: If I'm wrong here, I'd like to be told about it. Honestly, and seriously. If you don't want to yell at me in public, my inbox is always open.)

Oh. Also, just FYI, I'm assuming that, while being healed on the brink of death is certainly a life-continuing-altering experience, none of you will object to being forced to live. If your characters do have some sort of Do Not Resuscitate wish, irrational fear of staves, or some other interesting event that should go off in the event of Tessa!healing, let me know so I make certain to give you the appropriate opportunity to react when she tries to heal you unknowing of the consequences, instead of perhaps mistakenly just glazing over it and leaving you frustrated.

(This said, I need to see a woman about a horse. *works on drafting PM*)

More wasted time sleeping -_-

Anyway ... chapter 6 FE-wise is pretty early in the story. Since we started the rp I've been "testing the waters" to find an appropriate way to do everything, including character controls. At this time I limit my character control to Snowy(who doesn't mind apparently), and Ether(who seriously needs to write up a control guide himself, and read mine asap).

My Tessa jacking was meant to be as in character as possible, outside of the obvious wrecking ball stamina she temporarily inherited, and I have no intention of doing it again.

(Why did I even write controls for Ixion in the first place, no one will be able to control him properly, even I don't have it down yet XD )

I was reading Lacuna's characte controls last night, and hers make mine look less organized by comparison. Probably because I've got a crap load of NPCs(5). Now that I've been schooled on Kelas and Arrin, I feel a lot more comfortable interacting with them. Might not ever have to control them directly though since Lacuna is online most of the time.

In short, waiting for responses is good, I recommend it 99.99% of the time, but character control opens up a few extra options. I would never recommend character control for support building interactions, or out of combat scenarios to be perfectly honest. That's just unnecessary for the most part. Like I said though, I'm still testing the waters to see what works best overall.

We left the inn, got attacked, went into the caves, came out again, were attacked, ran like hell, and ended up at Fort Selizara. Viveka and her troops found us there. Then an unknown third force attacked. Hilarity and explosions ensued. Currently Viveka's working out to do with all us criminals. Except for Eric and Kamilla, who ran for it after the explosions.

Edited by Darth Lacuna

OOC: Helios made it all the way back to the inn? That would take over an hour wouldn't it? :blink:

@Phoenix

1: It's Mark... not Helios XD

@Kai

2:It roughly 10 miles from Selizara to the inn. Well, 10+1/4 miles.

So Eric and Kamilla are a few hours ahead of everyone else. (Though counting and rescuing the dead who take a good long time too.

@Phoenix, since you all seem to have missed my hint, how is everyone seeing things? The sun went down ages ago, and the moon/stars are blocked by clouds. Torches would get extinguished by the rain. So I assume the army have covered lamps all over the place.

(This would make accounting for soldiers and finding them, difficult, so I'm assuming we're only a few hours apart in timespan atm)

It sounds like they're wanting us to move out. Is anyone going to notice the unconscious people before they leave?

(Current unconscious people, though I may be missing some: Kelas (near Arrin/Isotov/soldiers, plain exhaustion), Tessa (in ditch, being poked by Amari), Helios (bleeding out somewhere).)

Edited by Darth Lacuna

Isotov's doing his thing :facepalm:

Irina's in a giant cage with Kiev about to be let out.

Viveka's closing negotiations with Damian.

I guess I'll have to have soldiers do a sweep and find people, though you guys can use the soldiers if you'd prefer to have characters handled a certain way. The situation warrants it.

@ Snowy

You can have them sigh :unsure:

Also ... just a dumb idea for the future :P

Katie

Simplified stats: HP:6 ATK:6(0:mute) SKL:2 EVADE:4 DEF:1 RES:6

Skills: Lead lined tome bash: Causes one point of HP damage. Cannot be countered, and causes the enemy to skip their turn dazed and confused. Ignores defense.

Edited by Phoenix

Back. So, we're basically sitting around, while Ether and Lightning do their thing?

Just ad-libbed it, so I could plausibly re enter without seemingly poofing into existence, as well as exploiting an oversight by Snowy. Possible Support/ removal of pessimist was just a side-effect.