Lord of Azure Flame: Chat

Snowy_One

Am I?

Darien: Most of you weren't in the town, you decided to be nosy nosy'ies and go in after it was set aflame.

Outside Darien: Fire used to activate posion herbs, again, you could all get out, and the flames weren't that big anyway.

Inn: You were asking for it <_<

Fort: Fire didn't even cross my mind until someone mentioned a forest, before that, I didn't know how to destroy the castle and then Snowy tried to subdue my chaos with an explosion....? Is Snowy secretly on my side?

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phoenix

• Ansem

• Inactive Account

• Snike

Between the eventual arrival of Shanice, Snowy's plots, and Nady's random fires, we're just about at the edge of the balance between support building time/battles and fires/plot advancement

Danger is going to start treading on plot and support building time.

I wouldn't have had to start this fire if you people would be more realistic with the Chase crap >_<

That's not a bad idea actually :/

On a completely unrelated note (well sort of unrelated, sort of deeply related)

How many characters has Kamilla not yet received a "hate" from in the group?

Way to go. Now we have to wait even longer to go to the capital :facepalm:

(I'm sure something will go wrong when we get there too that'll make me wish I'd not wasted my time planning so much in advance)

You really really shouldn't. Planning things out in advance in an RP is OK to some extent, but you've clearly taken things way too far ahead, and that only asks for trouble, either in the form of attempted railroading (which will be resisted tooth and nail), or scrapped plans and wasted time.

Also, I should point out that you're incredibly heavy-handed with other people's characters. I didn't get the impression that Damian was for surrender at all, but wanted to lure the commander her so that they could negotiate on better terms. What you did with him made me seriously go "What the hell?" I guess I'm not Ether, so I can't object too hard, but that really does kind of rub me the wrong way, especially when you seem to be specifically bent on advancing your own agenda with that action.

"Sorry but I need to borrow authority", is not even an excuse.

Sorry Snowy, but Tar isn't naturally explosive, the fumes might be, but the tar itself is just highly flammeable. Therefore you'd need more then an average amount of tar to cause an explosion that big. So wiping out the entire fort wouldn't be possible :P

Gonna have to agree here. You made it sound like the place was filled with marsh gas, which while a plausible source of explosions, didn't fit the geography as I remembered it. That said, explosion happened, so. :shrug:

I have no issues with that then..... actually nevermind, I'd rather not say the rest, cause now I need to keep in mind I've got everyone in this RP against me :P

That's completely untrue. You used appropriate foreshadowing with Damian, indicating that the fort was not as empty as we were led to believe, and lo and behold, there actually were people there, using it. This seemed to be eminently reasonable, and while their motives are as yet unclear, I don't find it unlikely for groups to exist that are antagonistic to the military, or simply Elysimian government in general (which given the corruption of the Heroes, and the fact that they seem to have the king in their pockets actually only serves to make things riper for such sort of rebellious behaviour). Suddenly finding themselves surrounded and about to be rooted out, they took the opportunity to lash out before enacting their escape. For all they were concerned, our party was irrelevant.

On that note, I might as well come out and say that I'm (probably, unless there's another) the person Nadesico was alluding to with the following:

See, not good idea to annoy Naddy with all this Chase this, Conrad this rubbish. I'm also going to note here that I'm not the only one who's commented on Rein stretching it a bit far, especially with the Cobalt Caves

No offense intended, but I'm not sure I have the confidence that Reinfleche can pull off something believable here. His initial discharge was for what again, something like insubordination (Conrad?), insulting an officer (Conrad?), and theft(Conrad?). Then he continued to be a thorn in the side of the military and police, eventually leading to large scale property destruction. And somehow there's still even the possibility that we can get this General to join us? That's almost more unlikely than when we had to abduct Kamilla by force to make her come along, and a coalition is forming between Reinfleche and Phoenix to demonstrate that this is completely implausible this time around. I'm not even sure there could even exist a plot twist convenient enough to turn things around that would still be within the realm of possibility.

@Bal: Will you marry me? Not literally, not willing to sell my soul away in that evil ritual called marriage.

I is not alone... well, one person is neutral, not hostile meaning it shouldn't be too bad, in an RP war my biggest fears would be Bal and Cynthia teaming up to prevent my chaos, (I'd be screwed then) the rest of you... well some of you kind of hurt yourselves more then me so it's about even.

As for the Chase business, it's not just one person (Bal) who I've contacted and received such a response from. But I'm glad someone decided to voice their concerns about where the plot is headed to the public as well.

Where is everyone though?

Phoenix sort of used Damian to make it look like everyone surrendered out the front gate, but from the text so far, at least Kelas and Arrin took the forest route, and wouldn't be surprised if others did the same (Kamilla did).

I think Cynthia suggested a slight group split to have one group rescue the other.

All I'm going to say in regards to the surrender is if they disarm Kamilla (Take her tome) she will be to Elysimma, just like Reika is to Halton. (And those of you that don't know, that's more hostile then any of us are to Helios/Kamilla).

I also don't like the idea of Conrad, I know it's a bit late to say this now, but we essentially have Damian (who might not have rank, but is respected possibly throughout Halton) controlling any Halton soldiers we encounter, and General Conrad, disabling the Elysimmian military from causing the group any trouble. Leaving only bandits and Septimus. (It's partially the reason I decided to create the shady group)

Since I'm bored, another concern for me is character attention, as people add their 2nd and third characters they seem to be phasing out their old ones, my main concerns being

Helios, who's suddenly fading into the background and Mark comming out of the shadows.

Irina, who's really just adding a comment to Isotov every now and then, I know this is Viveka's limelight, but just hoping you can balance all your characters Phoenix, your posting style in particular isn't exactly good for separating them, while Lacuna's style is effective in making the characters do separate things.

And damn the number of mounts we're getting XD

Where is everyone though?

Phoenix sort of used Damian to make it look like everyone surrendered out the front gate, but from the text so far, at least Kelas and Arrin took the forest route, and wouldn't be surprised if others did the same (Kamilla did).

I think Cynthia suggested a slight group split to have one group rescue the other.

I agree, it's not clear where everyone is atm. Even if Damian were to surrender, that doesn't prevent anyone else from leaving a different way. The military also might think they've captured everyone even if they haven't, I doubt they have exact numbers on group size.

Of oourse I'll be gone in about an hour until Sunday night, so not going to be much help.

I also don't like the idea of Conrad, I know it's a bit late to say this now, but we essentially have Damian (who might not have rank, but is respected possibly throughout Halton) controlling any Halton soldiers we encounter, and General Conrad, disabling the Elysimmian military from causing the group any trouble. Leaving only bandits and Septimus. (It's partially the reason I decided to create the shady group)

Eh, how many permanent antagonist groups do we need? If we're going to come into conflict with other groups later, it would be conevenient for us to solve the conflict with Elysisma now in some fashion. The soldier attacks are going to have to stop, though I'm not sure how Reinfleche can pull it all off persuasively at this point.

Since I'm bored, another concern for me is character attention, as people add their 2nd and third characters they seem to be phasing out their old ones, my main concerns being

Helios, who's suddenly fading into the background and Mark comming out of the shadows.

Irina, who's really just adding a comment to Isotov every now and then, I know this is Viveka's limelight, but just hoping you can balance all your characters Phoenix, your posting style in particular isn't exactly good for separating them, while Lacuna's style is effective in making the characters do separate things.

And damn the number of mounts we're getting XD

I guess anytime you have more than one character, one or both of them will suffer to an extent (unless you post twice as much). I posted on the multiple character issue before, won't repeat myself. Some people do handle it better than others though.

Edited by -Cynthia-

@Lacuna: You said you wanted a reason for the shadows attacking you, but there's not going to be one, not for this battle at least anyway. Since their objective was to just get away, only reason they attacked was to stall the enemy outside, and because Arrin attacked them.

I have no problem with them attacking us so long as there's a reason for them to be there in the first place. (Preferably one that was thought up before they showed up.)

I do think there's a limit to how much conflict we can handle. A Big Bad who'll be showing up soon, the associated monsters, and the army are enough. Some conspiracy group... I guess (especially since Kamilla showed up and made the valid point that not everyone outside the group views the Crimsons in the same light.) I do think we should get rid of the army at some point, or at least reduce the number of attacks (if monsters start cropping up everywhere, say, they'll have to shift us lower on their priorities, maybe even let us go when they see us killing monsters and making their job easier.) But I don't think we need to have everything trying to kill us all the time, because if that's the case, it's stretching the believability of everyone's continued survival. We shouldn't have conflicts just because we've managed a couple of pages without getting shot at. The RP can still be fun without a "how can I screw everyone over today?" mindset.

Splitting sounds like a good idea; that could make for an interesting situation.

Now I've issues to address ... and all because I wasted time sleeping :facepalm:

@ Iso, Irina, and Viveka (Character management)

Posts about my character management irritate me just a little bit. I'm more than capable of having Irina do something extravagant in every single post. I have to ask though ... would having Irina do extravagant things be in character? No it wouldn't. She's not Iso, or Ivanko. Not everything she does needs to be posted.

She's traveling with a group that argues to pass the time. Arguing isn't her thing. Most of the time, she tends to Kiev. I don't see the point of slipping minor notes about what she's doing into my posts. If you read her backstory, you'll know that she's got enough attention coming as it is. In short, keeping her actions minimal, IS KEEPING HER IN CHARACTER. That's not bad management. That's the position I'm left in due to her lousy environment.

Also keep in mind that Irina's potential support options aren't always online(Kai Mark, and Ether Aiya) which means that she's left with Iso.

Maybe Irina would have more to do if say ... we were somewhere important? This is like expecting Boyd to be doing something relevant during the fight between Greil and the Black Knight. Or expecting Merlinus to do something relevant while the group tries to fight Vaida.

Until we advance the plot, Irina can only serve as Iso's anchor. I don't have a choice if keeping her in character and realistic is the goal.

Honestly, guys. What do you expect her to do? She doesn't know most of the group, and the ones she does know, their controllers are online for three hours at most, posting in feedback, or working sex angles in the rp.

If it's that big an issue, I can always post "Irina simply stood by holding Kiev's reins.". Then next post write "She bent down to pick something up off of the ground, and stared at it for a moment before chucking it away.". That just seems like boring fluff though.

@ Damian's optional surrender

I would expect Damian to come up with a decent way to keep the group safe, rather than worry about fighting two different groups of people. As always, Nady's meddling puts us in TOO MUCH DANGER. When I was writing that up, Iso was the one that was going to say it initially. My OOC comment about authority was just a joke. More so to calm myself down than Ether, who has a way of bouncing back from stuff like this anyway. The intent of that post was to get the group away from the entrance so that Jackson's troops wouldn't steamroll right over them when they moved into the fort to attack Nady's shady folks.

You guys keep saying that our survival rate is ridiculous, and that's absolutely true. We should have actually had several characters killed if not KO'd simply from being caught up in a storm of arrows and cavaliers rushing by. Several cavaliers got skewered, but our party made it away from the fortress untouched?

The Damian post was only an attempt to keep the group from being attacked by the army while they moved away from the fort and out of the army's way. Whether Ether wants to actually stand down, and surrender, or somehow defeat an entire platoon is up to him.

Also for the sake of realism, how is the rest of the group actually supposed to escape? The army isn't concentrated in the forest I know, but they have enough horses to run practically everyone down who escapes on foot, and they can track anyone else for quite a distance.

If we'd just surrendered in the first place, this whole mess could have been avoided. Now the group has to get blamed for this.

@ Phoenix's sinister plot advancement

It's been noted several times that I'm only interested in furthering my own plots. That's not entirely true, but I'll gladly explain why I am most definitely interested in furthering plots at this point.

A: The longer it takes us to reach the capital, the more complaints I'll get about Irina's irrelevance. She's as important to my plots as Iso is, but she's stuck in the backseat until we're out of the villages and forests.

B: The longer it takes us to advance the plot, the longer we have to deal with faceless villians and totally unnecessary Nady battles that a group of people shouldn't even be able to survive, yet alone, god mod their way out of. If these were stat battles, I wouldn't complain, but this is just Nady's attempt to put more garbage on our heads, and the smell is starting to bother me.

C: Once we reach Ilyphina, we'll be close to the main road of the story. We'll be closer to getting more context on the world we're in. More info, more context, more material to work with. We might also find a main goal other than just gathering up cw wielders. Maybe the group might try to find a way to prevent the demon king from returning. Maybe they'll fight helenos(and lose XD ).

@ Anarchy (Nady)

We were maybe two or three posts from the situation being resolved peacefully. Four at most. I can't tell you how much trouble that would have saved us in the long run. Remaining in character for rp's sake seems foolhardy at this point.

Also, Nady, for the love of leggings, would you stop trying to screw everything up? We're the ones that get left holding the bag every time you do stuff like this. There's little point or plausibility in a shadow group taking out even half the number of soldiers that they did. Forgetting about the shadow group for a moment, what's the point of adding another crime onto the group's head, and the worst one yet? The goal of the rp at this point is to get our names cleared. F*ck the demon king, he may as well be a myth at this point.

I'm committed to the rp, but I'm not going to be committed to remaining in character when Nady is only using that to her advantage to try to get us all executed. I won't god mod, but I will start throwing wrenches right back regardless of plausibility if this crap continues.

Maybe if you spent more time making relevant party members you wouldn't have to spend so much time undermining the party.

@ Bal's specific comments

Already addressed the Damian thing ...

Already addressed the management thing ...

Planning things out in advance ... is perfectly fine. I'm actually quite good at it, but no plan is Nadyproof. Also, I have another plan to prevent whatever Nady's planning at the capital, nonetheless, no plan is completely Nadyproof so we'll see.

If she somehow screws this up, I'm going to have to take a break from this for awhile.

At tar comment. You're more concerned about the likelihood of an explosion in the fortress than the group's chances of survival? Snowy's trying to save us some fire grief. Let'em have his 0.3 kiloton explosion.

@ Conrad Jackson, Viveka, and the Bolivian guys

I'm terribly sad to say this, but being realistic, that attack singlehandedly pushed back recruitment indefinitely, and made us enemies of the state so to speak. There's no way either Conrad or Viv would up and join the group now(unless they got some serious benefits ... like sex or something :facepalm: ). Nearly half of the soldiers sent to the fort were KO'd or killed. The only ones left to blame are the party members. The rest of the soldiers are trying to apprehend the entire party. If they capture everyone, there's a good chance that they'll get out of the situation alive, though I don't see a pardon in their near future.

If they split up, the captured ones will be put in prison. Breaking them out doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to piss off the Elyisimians even more. Forget the fact that none in the group seem equipped for jail breaking anyway. Now if the plan was to appeal to get them out (the legal stuff), then it would make sense, but jail breaking is insane after what we've done. Also, rescuing them before they get put in prison in the first place is a horrible idea(no offense), because it's just going to add the biggest crime to the list yet(assaulting the army, which you would have to do in order to rescue them). You can't possibly believe that we could actually get cleared of a charge like that do you?

If so, then I don't see the point in questioning plausibility any further from here on out, because it clearly is not a real issue.

@ Snowy

They can't tell which books are tomes, and which books are for writing. To them, they're stripping a woman of a bunch of knives, only some of them are butter knives -_-

Also ... this is turning into a Michael Bay RP ... (hope you get the reference :P )

No offense intended, but I'm not sure I have the confidence that Reinfleche can pull off something believable here. His initial discharge was for what again, something like insubordination (Conrad?), insulting an officer (Conrad?), and theft(Conrad?). Then he continued to be a thorn in the side of the military and police, eventually leading to large scale property destruction. And somehow there's still even the possibility that we can get this General to join us? That's almost more unlikely than when we had to abduct Kamilla by force to make her come along, and a coalition is forming between Reinfleche and Phoenix to demonstrate that this is completely implausible this time around. I'm not even sure there could even exist a plot twist convenient enough to turn things around that would still be within the realm of possibility.

I was kinda unsure on this for a while, too, but Chase will definitely be out of the group for a while. What I have right now is a negotiation that would involve time being spent for the crimes after the immediate threat of the LoAF (which, in turn, would require a good deal of convincing.) Just to clear things up, by the way, Chase lied a few times. We can't have a completely honest criminal, can we now?

There's an interesting connection between Chase and Shanice I've been working on with Phoenix a bit that would connect Chase's so far separate plot with the main plot. I think I have this all worked out.

Just finished reading feedback. Note to self: Get some sort of fireproof clothing for Eric. >.> Moving on, I have no idea where the hell he is, unless he's that unconscious body. That would explain why he's not on the unit list...

Regarding this 'deal' Lightning has in mind... If we don't get lynched hung, perhaps it could end up being forced conscription, via some saving throw? To be blunt, that's the only way the group gets out of this mess. Plausibility already jumped off the Empire State Building.

Plausibility got pushed.

Perhaps we get captured, then as they're taking us to wherever, monsters attack, and we help rout them? That may at least convince them that we're necessary...

It's certainly a new record, having a chapter go to hell in only three pages. This is the point where I reset my console, in a video game...

Heh, "not against you" my foot :/

@ Iso, Irina, and Viveka (Character management)

"I'm staying in character by not posting" is no different from saying "she has no character and therefore has nothing to post." If all she were to do was bend "down to pick something up off of the ground, and stared at it for a moment before chucking it away." Then frankly she's as detailed as Ian. Saying what you've said reminds me of spriting and shading, just because the original FE mugs lacks it, doesn't mean you can't add shading yourself. "It's in character" is a poor shoddy excuse, as not all actions made by a character need to be "extravagant."

Isotov for example seldom does anything "extravagant." Mostly confining himself to mild banter with Katie, or an odd comment here and there, and when you do need something important done, it's through another character....

@ Damian's optional surrender

What you expect is what you expected and may not necessary be true, Damian has implied in the past that he didn't want Helios asking his opinion for every action they made. So everyone using him as a leader figure is starting to get annoying, you admit yourself that Isotov could have said it, then why didn't you? Not in character? Then don't say it <_<

As Bal said, you only used him to further your own goals, which was to maintain a peacful relation with the Elsyimmian army. That's your agenda and not one I have to follow. It wasn't my choice to make Conrad/Viveka enemies, it was yours, and if you can't handle it, then you might as well kill the character and create a new one.

As for survival rate, that's your issue, not mine. If you're worried that things are becoming unrealistic with the survival rate, Maim Iso, behead Irina, it's by no means, my fault you're surviving. And by complaining about being realistic.

Border Town:

-Using fire magic in a wooden inn, and it catching fire is not realistic?

-Guards reacting to a fire is not realistic?

-Guards should trust a random mercenary that comes out of nowhere to offer her services?

Istample

-Not my problem, I just caused suspicion, and most of the chaos there was created by others who I sparked off, or had their own ideas.

-You were the initiator of this conflict, so you're hardly in a position to complain.

Heading to the caves

-Right, cause the group outrunning an entire troop of soldiers sent to capture them is reasonable.

-What's wrong with sending Pegasi? It's no different from a police chopper, all the more reason to send one if the enemy (group) can become airborne as well.

Selizara

-I specifically said, there better be something in the caves, I was assured there was "something" down there, and this "something" was ignored completely. The only thing that happened was a minor scuffle with soldiers. Due to this I'm tempted to not take any of Rein's assurances seriously.

-I gave more then fair enough warning about intending to put enemies in the Fort, we even had a discussion over PM, and you gave in.

Overall, it sounds to me like you're just chucking a hissy fit because you didn't get what you want, I find it humorous how you bring out realism now, when I've been pointing out factors which seem improbable for awhile now, your responses was what? "We'll handle things as they happen?" well it's happened now, go ahead and solve the problem. I might be coming off as extremely whiny when I complain about events that haven't even occur ed, but that's just to prevent people from going down that path (Hasn't worked) and giving fair warning that I don't approve of where the plot is directed.

How do we outrun them.... err I don't know, maybe we can make some random caves appear, and it's connected to the throne room of Ilyphina? That's it! There's caves in the forest connected to the throne room that no one knows about, and we'll call these caves the Cobalt Caves.

This mess, is the result of you and Chase trying to pursue a goal which seems improbable, and not explaining yourselves when asked. I admit you don't "have" to answer my queries, and I'm not offended by that in the slightest, however if you want to keep everything hush hush, then expect your plans to be interrupted in some shape of form.

It was only a few pages ago, I was being told that Elysimma sending a huge force out was unrealistic, after all they're just hunting a band of bandits, and now they come with a few legions of cavalry?

They asked to speak to Chase instead of the groups leader? What would be wrong with asking the whole group to come out and surrender unarmed? Again you two are placing too much focus on Chase's crimes, which may be false <_< Right, he's a wanted criminal Percy would recognize on sight, but the crimes he commited was just Chase making stuff up.

@ Phoenix's sinister plot advancement

A: This is your problem, and not one caused by deviating from going to the capitol, no one "forced" you to make Irina like that, and this is the first time anyone has commented on Irina's lack of importance, citing this as a reason is ridiculous, and essentially you have no one to blame except for yourself.

B: Even they can't survive it, kill Irina, Mark, Kelas, the list goes on, there's nothing preventing you from killing off your own characters or injuring them somehow, if you don't like god-modding, don't do it. No one if "forcing you" to god-mod out of these situations. And the party is big enough now, no reason why a few characters can't be killed off. Nady's attempt to put garbage on your head is legitimate, Nady doesn't want everyone going to the capitol to be pardoned for crimes they did commit.

C: That is speculation, and may not necessarily be true, assuming it's information you've managed to extract from Snowy, it doesn't really change anything, if it was so important, there was nothing stopping the plot from starting in Elysimma, ignoring the present just because there's something you want to do in the future is your own agenda, and not one I have to comply with.

@ Anarchy (Nady)

Again, your own agenda, I have no reason for wanting to go to the capitol, and it'd be just as easy to make Conrad have an interest in the group, and betray Elysimma, not in character? Not my problem. If you want to talk about realism, how about not going to a kingdoms main arm with just over a dozen troops? Heading to the capitol is based on the grounds that Conrad/Harold with pardon the crimes we have commited, you and Chase act as if this is certain to happen, and it most likely will, however that's a plot device, and something the characters aren't completely aware of. You were talking about separating personal ideas and character actions not too long ago, and then this :/

Don't love leggings, you keep your fetishes to yourself thanks. I've screwed what up? Your little plan? Again, that's your problem, I have no obligation to not mess things up. You're the ones? I was under the impression I was making Snowy/Cynthia hold the bag? Or are you also managing this now? Planning is fine, but you don't have to be such a sore loser when they don't turn out the way you want them to, if it helps, you've ruined my plans three times since I created Kamilla.

"F*ck demon the King?" Then let's get out of Elysimma, who cares about the demon king, Your point is to do your little Shanice event, not to clear your names, I'm not alone when I say that a pardon seems unlikely. And I've asked for long enough, how about sharing the reasons behind being forgiven for our crimes? Cause at current, it seem impossible.

"Making relevant party member?" Explain?

@ Bal's specific comments

Phoenix: I'm actually quite good at planning, when I'm the only one writing the story, if there's a hiccup in the process then I throw a tantrum and start blaming all my problems on someone else.

This is the first Fire attack I've caused since Darien, the inn, was merely a reaction to your action. Tar does not explode :/ Or is this your attempt to throw stuff at me which isn't plausible?

@ Conrad Jackson, Viveka, and the Bolivian guys

Again this is your problem, it wasn't my choice to hole up in the fort, and it wasn't my choice to send that many troops in.

The biggest crime on the list is assault? I'm pretty sure we checked that box when we attacked Percy and his wyverns. If that didn't, killing Celeste is going beyond assault. But of course, Viveka finds it in her heart to disregard we've killed her acquaintances/friends/lesbian lovers, and is calmly sipping tea. So therefore, no, I don't believe we can get cleared of a charge like that, hence the reason I'm against pardoning the groups crimes.

Edited by Nadesico

One page for me. Less clicking. Anyways, there's an idea. Might be what Snowy has planned, anyways... Meanwhile, I'll look for my character.

Also, Nade, is Kamilla dying?

Edit: Got ninja'ed by the person I thought offline.

Edited by Snike