Mafia Round 4

General Spoon

Role-claiming doctor is pretty pointless in a game that has that hooker role and the doctor can't even guard himself. mike will be dead tonight or tomorrow at the latest and he won't be able to guard anyone due to the hooker constantly targeting him. So even if he is the doctor, who cares? He's useless now. I'd still rather not lynch him (remember that I tried to change my vote away, and only changed back after being forced to do so when a couple more voted for me), might as well make the mafia waste a night killing him, but just saying. He might as well be a normal townie now.

Pretty sure the hooker role is there to prevent people from role-claiming in order to protect themselves, as was done last round, so please: Detective, don't role-claim except maybe as an absolute last resort to prevent your death.

This also opens the door to some pretty complex mindgames with the mafia, if they try to take advantage of role-claiming. For example, if detective claims, then a mafia member counter-claims that he's the detective, what are we going to do?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who rescinded their votes on Mikey? I'm actually pissed now because we're going to lose him tonight but gain no info about a new kill and we'll probably end up lynching another citizen in the day phase.

The more kills that the Mafia gets during the nights while we actually do something worthwhile in the day, the better. Whoever rescinded their votes just fucked us up if you ask me. It wouldn't surprise me if they were Mafia (Crysta, I'm looking at you).

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

Who rescinded their votes on Mikey? I'm actually pissed now because we're going to lose him tonight but gain no info about a new kill and we'll probably end up lynching another citizen in the day phase.

The more kills that the Mafia gets during the nights while we actually do something worthwhile in the day, the better. Whoever rescinded their votes just fucked us up if you ask me. It wouldn't surprise me if they were Mafia (Crysta, I'm looking at you).

Crysta did not vote did she?

Crysta did not vote did she?

This is the order of how stuff went.

Mikey had 1 extra vote on him over CATS with one of my votes going to CATS. I rescinded my vote and changed it to a "no lynch" on the grounds that Mikey would probably get lynched anyways and me voting for someone else would put a target on my back if that person turned out to also be a townie. The next post is Mikey claiming Doctor. The post afterwards read:

I'll withdraw my vote then, I guess.

She didn't change to CATS, she just withdrew it completely. Very suspicious.

What i meant is that she did not vote as you are supposed to. She never bolded mikes name in any of her posts as long as i'm aware. But yeah i see where you are getting at.

She did bold his name originally, but you're supposed to edit and un-bold when you change your vote.

As for Crysta being suspicious cause she withdrew her vote, why doesn't this apply to you, Life? You did the exact same thing, didn't you? Withdrew and caused a tie? Or maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: Nope, looks like your withdrawal didn't cause a tie, but would've gotten mike lynched if no one else had changed. I guess you have a point then, but I don't think it's a very strong one. Just my opinion.

Edited by CATS

She did bold his name originally, but you're supposed to edit and un-bold when you change your vote.

As for Crysta being suspicious cause she withdrew her vote, why doesn't this apply to you, Life? You did the exact same thing, didn't you? Withdrew and caused a tie? Or maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: Nope, looks like your withdrawal didn't cause a tie, but would've gotten mike lynched if no one else had changed. I guess you have a point then, but I don't think it's a very strong one. Just my opinion.

I withdrew the post before Mikey claimed Doctor. To be honest, if I hadn't done that, you'd be dead and I have a feeling that you're innocent.

To be honest, I almost voted CATS >_> But I ultimately decided not to. Like Crunch, I just have this feeling that you're innocent.

EDIT: I had to kill another forum smiley die die die

Edited by Bizz

I withdrew the post before Mikey claimed Doctor. To be honest, if I hadn't done that, you'd be dead and I have a feeling that you're innocent.

Well, I appreciate your support of my right to life. I still don't really think your point against Crysta is convincing, but I suppose it is better than the reasons we have to vote on most people (i.e., none).

With the hooker being able to keep you on a leash until you can be killed at convenience,claiming Doctor just seems like a horrible move for someone who actually is a doctor.That's part of what makes you so suspicious,so your role,provided you have it,has little to no use once it is out there.

If it's a choice between being alive and useless (except for voting and being one more obstacle towards the mafia gaining a majority) and being dead and even more useless, I'm picking the former. That makes me suspicious? If anybody wouldn't rather take the first option, I'd appreciate an explanation as to why not.

Wow, lucky Mafia kill. And we're none the wiser to who to lynch.

I'd say at this point that Mikey's guaranteed innocent. Had he been Mafia, Bizz wouldn't have been a logical lynch for him (I don't think she voted).

I'm going to go with Dracohon at this point. Nothing solid, just a hunch and the fact that Draco voted for me in the first round. But aside from that, I got nothing right now.

EDIT: Unbolded to change vote.

Edited by Admiral Lifey Crunch

This turnout doesn't really prove anything. Mike could have been Hooker'd,or he could be mafia playing mindgames with a seemingly random kill.The mafia play tonnes of mindgames,and Mike isn't dumb,he just made a seemingly stupid move last day.

Not voting yet,I'm gonna see what comes up.

I'm kind of surprised Bizz got killed, to be perfectly honest. It's about the time where I think we _should_ have enough decent information to make some headway, but I'm not quite seeing it piece together here nicely at all. I'm definitely going to need to think on this one more before making a claim one way or the other.

I wonder why they went for bizz. Guess they decided for a random kill. I don't know who to vote for right now. I'll wait for some theories before voting.

I'd say at this point that Mikey's guaranteed innocent. Had he been Mafia, Bizz wouldn't have been a logical lynch for him (I don't think she voted).

The person who died didn't vote for Mike, so Mike is definitely innocent? What? :blink:

The person who died didn't vote for Mike, so Mike is definitely innocent? What? :blink:

I think he means that if CATS had died then Mike would have been Mafia and vice versa. The way i see it atleast.

I think he means that if CATS had died then Mike would have been Mafia and vice versa. The way i see it atleast.

I say neither.

Makes no sense for the Mafia to keep Mikey around. So naturally, they'll keep him around. Reverse psychology.

Think of it this way. Mikey can only protect one person a night. The chance of him choosing the same person as the Mafia is... I don't know, ridiculously low. I could probably do the math but we're going to be looking at about ~1% for tonight anyways. So why not keep him around and pick off other people who could be wild cards? Once it becomes too dangerous for the doctor to stay alive, then he could go.

I feel that by me sharing info with you guys, you're going to turn on me and say "he knows too much, he's Mafia". I'm just thinking logically here about what I would do in this situation. And guess what? It worked as they got our only chance of actually finding the mafia for a fact (dead men don't tell tales). So we better make our lynches count.

This mafia game is quite slow however, and it seems like mafia has the lead right now. Right now we really have nowhere to go as there is like little evidence.

Drr... was there someone other than CATS I could vote for in the last day phase? Cuz I didn't want to kill him, either, and it seemed to be the doc versus him.

I don't think anything is going to come up. No clues means we have to sift through post content and voting records, and most logic gleaned from that will be nebulous.

That said, I'll go for someone who hasn't posted in spite of visiting today (apparently).

Lux Aeterna

I wish I could say I have thorough, irrefutable evidence showing he is mafia... but I don't and likely never will. It's about as solid as a cloud.

Makes no sense for the Mafia to keep Mikey around. So naturally, they'll keep him around. Reverse psychology.

Think of it this way. Mikey can only protect one person a night. The chance of him choosing the same person as the Mafia is... I don't know, ridiculously low. I could probably do the math but we're going to be looking at about ~1% for tonight anyways. So why not keep him around and pick off other people who could be wild cards? Once it becomes too dangerous for the doctor to stay alive, then he could go.

No, this is simply a reason for why he's still alive, assuming he's telling the truth about being the doctor. It doesn't prove his innocence. He could still be a mafia, lying about being the doctor. I think it's likely that he's telling the truth, but my point is that we don't know for sure.

I feel that by me sharing info with you guys, you're going to turn on me and say "he knows too much, he's Mafia". I'm just thinking logically here about what I would do in this situation. And guess what? It worked as they got our only chance of actually finding the mafia for a fact (dead men don't tell tales). So we better make our lynches count.

Sorry, I don't really understand what you're saying in the underlined part. :(