Entertaining the possibility of a crossover game

What if instead of a new Fire Emblem game with a new setting, IS plans on a crossover game between characters from different universes?

http://ds.ign.com/articles/951/951779p1.html

"Tohru Narihiro, Executive Managing Director at Intelligent Systems, has an idea that will likely be music to Fire Emblem fans' ears. He explained he would like to make a new game in the series that pulls characters from each title, creating an all-star Fire Emblem cast."

Boy, would THAT be a way to celebrate 20 years of Fire Emblem

I've thought about that idea too, and wrote it down in the "what would you like to see in a FE game?" topic.

I pretty much got slaughtered by people not liking this.

Well, it just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. They'd have to include some generic "It was MAGIC that brought us all together" if they actually want a story. The only time crossovers are really good are in fighting games, in my opinion, and even then, if you try to string things together with a plot, things go downhill.

They'd have to include some generic "It was MAGIC that brought us all together" if they actually want a story.

There's always the idea that Fire Emblem games take place on different continents in the same world. |:

First off, what genre do you think it could be suitable for?

I'm thinking Fighting or Card Battle. Any other ideas?

Ike: I play Gatrie in defence mode?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

There's always the idea that Fire Emblem games take place on different continents in the same world. |:

It's a possibility. It can't be Tellius though, since IIRC part of the storyline was that Tellius was the last continent on earth.

Marth meets Roy?

Generic lopt bishop attacks Gatrie with Generic Lopt spell

Celice: I play Julia in attack mode and add the magic spell "Narga". (Okay, that probably would need like 3 sacrifices or some epic ritual card to get that.)

Anyway, it would be weird to have a Fire Emblem that isn't a strategy game. Maybe something like Tactics Ogre or Bahamut's Lagoon would be more appropriate for a crossover game than something like the normal flow of Fire Emblem or something as different as a fighting game. I'm just thinking that having groups of units march around as one would let you take more characters from each game while still being able to actually use them all.

I don't know how the game is played, actually. There's a section about it on this very site, but it just shows pictures of the cards. It doesn't explain anything about how to play the game or what the rules are.

Either way, it only seems weird because it hasn't been done with Fire Emblem before. Other video game franchises have had crossover games of different genres with varying degrees of success.

Edited by Haar the Pirate

Well, it just wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. They'd have to include some generic "It was MAGIC that brought us all together" if they actually want a story. The only time crossovers are really good are in fighting games, in my opinion, and even then, if you try to string things together with a plot, things go downhill.

Not at all, they could just have then all meet up, living in the same world. If Brawl could do it, I don't see why FE can't.

The problem with a game like this is the characters. How many characters from each game, and which ones? Seeing a cast of blue haired lords and not much else would be pretty boring.

The problem with a game like this is the characters. How many characters from each game, and which ones? Seeing a cast of blue haired lords and not much else would be pretty boring.

They could just include the main characters from each game, as well as a few fan favorites. It obviously wouldn't be very practical to make a bloated 60+ roster.

another problem with it is that they would probably try to cater to non-Japanese fans with it, meaning little chance of having Sigurd and other Jugdral characters in it.

They could just include the main characters from each game, as well as a few fan favorites. It obviously wouldn't be very practical to make a bloated 60+ roster.

Sounds like Dissidia.

We all know it will end up with people complaining because charcter x got in instead of character, maybe if its for the wii it could be made to connect with FEs 6-11 via that blue GBA-GC cable, PoR/RD cleared data from memory card/wii and wireless communications with the DS could help, but it will probably end up becoming FE mix and match rather than FE all-stars.

you guys, it could liek, take place in an alternate world, where they're just liek, trophies that come magically to life while fighting the forces of evil and stuff

oh wait