FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

Elincia and Aimee don't even interact with each other over the course of the two games. If Ike actually had feelings for Elincia, the two of them could still live at the palace while Aimee and co. went around continuing to be traveling mechants. I'm not sure how Aimee and Elincia could fight if Aimee isn't even present, so I'm not seeing how this is a consideration. Also, they couldn't have a secret relationship?

I'm not even sure Ike considers Aimee a friend, all we see him do is blow her off.

And why do you think they wouldn't interact with one another? Because if they did, they'd probably be fighting to gain Ike's favor whether it's infatuation or love. So either Ike keeps them from interacting, or they don't want to speak to each other in suspicion that the other feels the same way about Ike.

This is not correct.

From Ike/Elincia's B Support

Ike: Princess Elincia? You're still here?

Elincia: Oh, my lord Ike. W-well, I was getting a little practice in. I don't want to be a burden to everyone else.

That's their B support. I was talking about their A support.

Ike sees all the GMs as his family, and it's pretty clear he loves Mist and Greil and Titania/Soren possibly the brothers all in at least a platonic sense. Ike has a lot of experience with non-romantic love.

Yes. NON-romantic love. I'm saying I doubt Ike knows much about romantic love, if anything at all.

Because Aimee never tells Ike she loves him (because she really doesn't, again infatuation is not love!) He outright rejects her when she tells him about settling down with him.

Erm, I don't recall Ike outright rejecting her at all.

It's more pure speculation without any evidence. It never mentions that any nobles took offense at Ike being named a noble, because again, everyoen thinks Ike is the most awesome guy ever.

No matter how respected Ike is, he is still of common birth, which is something the nobles may not want in the Crimean royal bloodline.

By that logic, really no pairing is invalid. If Ike x Elincia is valid, so is Ike x Rolf. What makes sense to do is to look at the data of what IS has given us about their romantic status and what they gave us was Geoffreyx Elincia. The rest of your post is pure speculation, it also contradicts how Elincia gains much more confidence as queen after Part 2 of RD. Yes, maybe Elincia chases after Ike, it's possible. And maybe Ike resurrects Ashnard and hooks up with him, there are a nearly infinite number of things that could possibly happen.

Mostly true. Pairing Leanne or Naesala with anyone else but each other is invalid because it's stated that they don't just get married, but they stay together and have two children.

Also, some theories are more likely than others. Elincia going after Ike is mere speculation, yes, but I believe it to be extremely likely.

On the topic of Eliwood pairings, I like him with Lyn best. Also, if Ninian were Roy's mother, that means Roy is one fourth dragon, not one half. Ninian is one half dragon. xP

Edited by Eternal Bond

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that. I was trying to say that Ike must not know much about love in general, no matter what kind it is. He does know how to love his friends though, even if they are family member figures, but that's pretty much it. And I'd think virtually anyone would know how to love close friends.

NO U GAIS!

I TOTALLY KNOWZ WAT HAPPEN AFTRE TEH GAEM!!!!! IEK LIEK KILELED TEH CRIMAN NOBELZ CUZ HE HATE DEM AL TEH TIMEZ!!!!!! I HAZ TEH PRUF WHER HE SAIZ HE HAETZ NOBELZ, SO IT TOTALLY MAEKZ SINCE DAT HE KILL DEM ALL!

Personally I never saw Lyn's pairing with Rath as "likely" to begin with. It's nice for the conversations, but as far as actually happening, especially considering the amount of screentime they get together, (Which is like what? Two chapters and three support conversations?) I think it's safe to assume that the active and freegoing albeit hotheadded girl hooking up with the quiet and antisocial man, isn't likely to happen. (And not to mention the fact that one's personality completely muffle's the other's. Clashing personalities FTL.)

I like Eliwood x Ninian personally, since it pretty much explicitly states their romance regardless of whether you support them or not. The only issue is that you think someone would bring up Roy being half-dragon in FE6 somewhere, but maybe it's really hard to detect or something.

lol. That's actually one point against Eliwood/Ninian since it would make Roy half-dragon and that would be pretty significant, but it doesn't seem to be even hinted at. Of course, the obvious reason is FE6 was made first and IS didn't care who Roy's mother was at the time, let alone consider her to be an ice dragon.

And Hector/Lyn have just as many scenes together as Eliwood/Ninian do (much more in Hector mode). (Ex: In Eliwood Mode, Eliwood rescues Lyn from falling into the water at The Water Temple, and that's that. In Hector mode, Hector saves her and they actually have a followup dialogue about it with Lyn silently wondering "Why is he being so nice to me?"). Besides, I just can't get Hector/Florina. They have cute support interactions, but don't interact anywhere outside that.

And Hector/Lyn have just as many scenes together as Eliwood/Ninian do (much more in Hector mode). (Ex: In Eliwood Mode, Eliwood rescues Lyn from falling into the water at The Water Temple, and that's that. In Hector mode, Hector saves her and they actually have a followup dialogue about it with Lyn silently wondering "Why is he being so nice to me?"). Besides, I just can't get Hector/Florina. They have cute support interactions, but don't interact anywhere outside that.

I do agree that Hector x Lyn have a lot more hinting scenes than the other couples (mainly because like Ninian, Lyn is important to the central story, if you're a central character you get more screen time). Lilina still throws me off though, she's just so...meek, it's very unlike Lyn or Hector.

At least LynxHector frees up Fiora as a non creepy option for Roy's mother.

Sure, it's not creepy now, but wait until you also pair HectorxFlorina and LilinaxRoy :awesome:

The reason that Hector and Florina don't converse much is just because Florina can die, so they'd need to make two scenes, one with Florina and one without Florina. Something similiar occurs in FE6, where virtually every conversation is Roy/Merlinus, and FE11, where it's Marth/Malledus.

There usually are similarities in personality between children and their parents overall. Lilina also isn't that much younger than Lyn was in FE7, so Lilina's arguably in her prime as well.

I think it was initially supposed to be RathxLyn and HectorxFlorina, but then in FE 7 the developers realized HectorxLyn was a lot more entertaining when they got around to writing the script.

OH WELL.

Children generally have their own personalities and not their parent's when they were in their prime.

no dude, you're basically a carbon-copy of your parents. oh yes.

There usually are similarities in personality between children and their parents overall. Lilina also isn't that much younger than Lyn was in FE7, so Lilina's arguably in her prime as well.

you can't really compare the life of Lyn, a woman in a tribal society who was constantly on the move and had much semblance to nomadic/native american culture, to Lilina, who was basically a pampered princess completely devoted to studying and being a proper lady.

yes, the personality of a child tends to be similar to his/her parents, but you really can't ignore the effect of the environment in which they were raised. And besides, didn't Lilina's mother die when Lilina was very young? that would mean that she would basically have almost no direct influence from her mother in her development, which could explain why Lilina and Lyn are so different.

I wasn't speaking on a genome level. Personalities are formed through experiences and interactions. It isn't hereditary.

i hope you understand that i was being sarcastic?

i hope you understand that i was being sarcastic?

It's extremely hard to tell when there wasn't a difference in writing style between the first and second replies.

I like Eliwood/Lyn. It's a bird to the cannon/forceddownyourthroat main suggested pairing with Ninian.

I kind of wished that Hector could support with Fiora. No real reason other than "let's clash".

...huh, I tend to like a lot of pairings out of spite.

I actually see Lilina as the stouthearted, kind, charismatic, proud, pretty much not afraid of anything except disappointing and/or losing certain people, type of girl. Meek? Not so much.

By the way guys, ever notice how Sain can get married in FE7, but Gatrie doesn't in FE10, despite them both being womanizers? Poor Gatrie. D:

I'd have paired him with Astrid.

Edited by Eternal Bond

I actually see Lilina as the stouthearted, kind, charismatic, proud, pretty much not afraid of anything except disappointing and/or losing certain people, type of girl. Meek? Not so much.

Hmm I usually just see her as "Wah save me Roy!", matter of interpretation I suppose.

Personality is a combination of genetic and environmental factors, both of which involve parents for obvious reasons. I can point you to some studies which indicate similarities in personality between parents and children if you want. I did forget about Lilina's mother dying, but I think we can agree that she doesn't really resemble Hector.

Well, if she's a princess, there'd be plenty of other people as well as the pressure to be "proper" that would probably affect her more than her own father, especially with him being the head of Lycia.