FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are so opposite it might actually be crazy enough to work!

I could totally see ShinonxLyre as well.

Sarcasm aside, Tits and Shinon are the only senior members of the group left (gatrie wut?), and Tits is the only person Shinon even tolerates, if I recall correctly (gatrie wut.)

Do I ship anything? Hell, I dunno. I'll jot some shit down and see if it comes out in a listy format or if it just jumps all over the place like it will:

Eliwood/Ninian. Yeah, whatever, cliche, I don't care. It's set in stone, because it's the best.

Boyd/Mist. As I said earlier, the age gap is nothing really, it's cute, and fuck Rolf that's why.

Ike/Sanaki. Why? Hell, I dunno. I just like it.

SAIN/PRISCILLA WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE AN ENDING IS :(

Matthew/Serra. I've nothing to say on this but I always put something afterwards.

Ephraim/Tana, in keeping with my sister above.

Innes/Eirika, to mirror the above.

Soren/Aimee. You know why. :awesome:

Forde/Vanessa. That's right, I don't like the unit but I can still like the guy.

Rhys/Mia, because AWWW.

Hey! I came up with ten! Shit hot!

They're in a totally random order.

EDIT: On the lol side of things, Tibarn/Laura and Shinon/Nephenee, because they ended my RD run with As.

Edited by Integrity

Ike/Sanaki. Why? Hell, I dunno. I just like it.

No, fuck you. No offense, but I really see you made many pairings that may as well be considered as "crack pairings", it's pretty annoying really, you know, some fanbases are just as typical as to pair characters that have oppisite personalities.

No, fuck you. No offense, but I really see you made many pairings that may as well be considered as "crack pairings", it's pretty annoying really, you know, some fanbases are just as typical as to pair characters that have oppisite personalities.

There's nothing that can be done with that though. And apparently, the fact that some of the possible canon pairs in the FE games are downright crack pairings, doesn't help with this. I honestly can't think of another fanbase that has games whose creators give the player the chance to pair up two characters that have oppisite personalities, or even characters that are related to each other. That's not to say that crack pairings are all bad. But in most cases, I do feel that some of the fan-crack pairs might have the potential to be better than the possibly-canon-crack pairs.

And many fanbases like to pair hetero characters in a gay light. Your damn point?

I know it has absolutely no basis and I don't give a shit if anybody else does. Why the hostility? -_- Seriously, dude, I can take abuse but that's just uncalled for.

Edited by Integrity

And many fanbases like to pair hetero characters in a gay light. Your damn point?

At least they're not pedo-crack, unifitting pairings. The most common instances of "gay light" is between Ike and Soren and Raven and Lucius, both who have a damn paired ending together.

I know it has absolutely no basis and I don't give a shit if anybody else does. Why the hostility? -_- Seriously, dude, I can take abuse but that's just uncalled for.

Sorry, that was also pretty harsh you know, but I said it wasn't to offend you or anything. 80

I generalized when I said what I said in the first place, sorry.

I felt the need to start pairing Caeda and Abel (not seriously, though) because how well they've been working together in my H5 playthrough.

For me, crack pairings are just a dose of lulz. I will joking call the crack pairings my "OTP" but I much prefer the canon.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

@Soul: I'll just respond with grumble grumble this is why I never debate pairings and leave it forever.

EDIT: well now my night is kinda soiled. thanks, bro. Always like a nice dose of a friend bitching at me.

Edited by Integrity

Come on you guys, knock it off. There's no need to be arguing about what pairings others prefer if they're not the same preferences as yours. I despise Geoffrey/Elincia more than any other pairing (mostly because I'm a huge Ike/Elincia fan, but also because I found Geoffrey to be a weak pansy while Ike has epicness, coolness, and hawtness all rolled into one man), but I wouldn't go insulting anyone who preferred them together, even if I do get the urge to start insulting the pairing itself. xP

Really pairing Ike with just about anyone is pretty valid IMO, since while he has conversations with just about everyone, none of them have anything very romantic about them. Ike has lots of friends, but no obvious lovers.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Come on you guys, knock it off. There's no need to be arguing about what pairings others prefer if they're not the same preferences as yours. I despise Geoffrey/Elincia more than any other pairing (mostly because I'm a huge Ike/Elincia fan, but also because I found Geoffrey to be a weak pansy while Ike has epicness, coolness, and hawtness all rolled into one man), but I wouldn't go insulting anyone who preferred them together, even if I do get the urge to start insulting the pairing itself. xP

Sounds like me as far as Hector's and Lyn's pairs go.

Soul, you have the following options:

1. Ignore any mention of Sanaki in this thread.

2. Ignore this thread completely.

3. Continue being hostile towards anyone that points out a pairing you dislike and get warned for it.

Being obsessed with a fictional character is no excuse for hostility.

On topic: Karin x Eyrios. Amusing how she'd easily have the guy whipped. I prefer Fergus x Karin though.

Really pairing Ike with just about anyone is pretty valid IMO, since while he has conversations with just about everyone, none of them have anything very romantic about them. Ike has lots of friends, but no obvious lovers.

True, Ike has interacted with many characters. But he's interacted with some more than he has others. I'd say the characters he's interacted most with out of both his games are Elincia, Ranulf, and Soren, not necessarily in that order. And notice Elincia is the only girl in that list. :P

Also, as I've stated many times, I've felt like at least a few of the conversations Ike has with Elincia were romantic in some way. But that's just me.

And notice Elincia is the only girl in that list. :P

Which means? Due to Ike's lack of obvious romantic interest, we really have no way of determining his sexual orientation and to assume he's straight is rather heteronormative.

Edited by -Cynthia-

We weren't arguing, I was just lashing down on him for suggesting such a thing, if Ike were to get along with a noble, it would be Elincia, Ike isn't really to women that have such...noble mannerism, he's also pretty close to Elincia. =/

And alright. It's just that it's pretty common in these threads, Sirius, I'm not the first one to have disagreements on mis-pairings, there's been worse...

Edited by Soul

Which means? Due to Ike's lack of obvious romantic interest, we really have no way of determining his sexual orientation and to assume he's straight is rather heteronormative.

What I was trying to imply, actually, is that I think Ike is probably more likely to be straight than anything else. I DID say I thought the only conversations he had with someone that had any hint of romance in them at all were some with Elincia.

I also agree with Soul that Ike is closer to Elincia than any other girl.

Or how about playing percentages? In general, if you pick a random member of the population, that person is going to be straight. If you know absolutely nothing about a person (including stuff about appearance) then you are far far more likely to be correct if you assume that person is straight rather than assuming that person is gay. It's just recognizing reality, not being "heteronormative".

Or how about playing percentages? In general, if you pick a random member of the population, that person is going to be straight. If you know absolutely nothing about a person (including stuff about appearance) then you are far far more likely to be correct if you assume that person is straight rather than assuming that person is gay. It's just recognizing reality, not being "heteronormative".

This is true too. Reality states that way more people are straight than gay, so you're more likely to be right with a guess if you say someone you know nothing about is straight.

You have to be careful with this line of thinking, or else you simply assume that everyone is part of a majority group, which obviously isn't the case. I find assuming that everyone is straight unless indicated otherwise highly hteronormative. It's like assuming any unknown American is also white and Christian etc.

Also, we don't have any statistics on secual orientation for Tellius, so you can't really make those blanket statements about that population.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Huh, I'd have thought IS going with all straight pairings would give us a hint. In fact, the only character I've seen to be heavily hinted at being gay/lesbian is Heather.

You have to be careful with this line of thinking, or else you simply assume that everyone is part of a majority group, which obviously isn't the case. I find assuming that everyone is straight unless indicated otherwise highly hteronormative. It's like assuming any unknown American is also white and Christian etc.

Also, we don't have any statistics on secual orientation for Tellius, so you can't really make those blanket statements about that population.

Well, I'd say more like assuming someone in China is Chinese than picking some unknown American to be white and Christian. Assuming we are talking somewhere between 5 and 10 % being gay. China might actually have a higher than 95% Chinese looking population, though, so that may not be the best example. But still, white males in America? Probably well under 70%. I'd be surprised if it's even still above 50. Tack on Christian, too? And not just "I call myself Christian" but the ones that actually live like it. You are getting into seriously small percentages now.

Anyway, if you make the assumption and refuse to accept any evidence to the contrary that presents itself after you make your guess that could be a problem. When are you actually called on to make that guess with no information anyway? And if somehow you are forced to make a guess, why wouldn't you play the percentages? But in general it is best not to guess anything. However, the topic has been brought up here and we don't really have much to go on and it seems like making an assumption is being forced on me, so I'll play the percentages even if you won't.

Now, about the statistics for Tellius, that's certainly a problem. However, it was created by humans. In general, humans won't create anything that doesn't fall in line with the averages unless they are trying to make a statement. Generally those statements are more obvious when in games/books/movies so I doubt that's the case here. Hence, I'd assume the numbers are about the same. And considering most of the characters have clearly been shown to be hetero and only a few are shown to not be, I'd have to suggest that it is reasonable to assume that Tellius follows the averages. If anything, the lack of more characters than Heather that show any of those tendencies would indicate that the percentage may even be lower than in the real world, not higher.

IS doesn't know how to show male friendships without inspiring many gay fanfics. Example: Leaf x Asvel, Ike x Soren.

The latter actually being probable.

Did I mention another favorite pairing of mine is Asvel x Axe to the face? Right there next to Merric x Axe to the face.

Edited by Reverse Trap