FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

The rest of them don't call out Ike's name, though, do they? (Mist calling her brother's name doesn't count, and anyone else is responding to him saying something and don't use a possessive term, anyway) And does she ever call anybody else (including Geoffrey) "my". Or use "mine"? I don't think so. You are accusing Eternal Bond of coming up with stuff out of nowhere to support her theories (though I don't think she is, or at least not without cause) but what about your theory?

I suppose they don't call out his name, but they do speak to him. Not because Ike is necessarily the closest character to them emotionally, but because he's guaranteed to be there.

What is my theory? That the canon pairings didn't just come out of nowhere? I don't really have a "theory" here. I am just opposing the statement of such theories as fact such as 'Elincia and Ike loved each other.' If you want to state it as a possibiltiy (albeit an unlikely one) fine by me. Of course it then becomes absolutely absurd to shoot down theories like 'Ike and Soren love each other' which have more evidence.

I honestly think this whole death quote business is pretty ridiculous anyway. In many FE games characters would A support and have paired endings, yet their death quote didn't change. By your logic, Wolt apparently just spawned out of Rebecca (like Anakin/Jesus), since she only calls out her brother while dying and doesn't mention any of her potential romantic partners(who don't mention her either). There are obviously a lot more examples of this.

Marcia calls out Elincia's name when she dies, they must be lovers (considering she actually spends more time in the palace than Ike ever did this actually is not that less plausible.)

Micaiah also mentions Ike when she dies. I think it's very common to mention the lord's name while dying/retreating as they are the commander and by dying you fail your duty to them, in a sense. It's quite obvious that there are a lot of times a character's name is called out in a death quote and it doesn't mean a romantic relaionship.

tl;dr death quotes really are no measure of a character's relationship status.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Edward x Axe to the face? He definitely sees more of than than Merric.

And Ike could have some manlove with Zelgius. He surely has the hots for his teacher.

I don't really know much about Edward. He's the swordfighter? But Merric's face and an Axe have a special bond.

Just like all other shota mages. Don't even get me started on Ewan x Axe to the face.

Zelgius had the hots for Greil, remember? Poor Ike never stood a chance. :awesome:

Marcia calls out Elincia's name when she dies, they must be lovers (considering she actually spends more time in the palace than Ike ever did this actually is not that less plausible.)

I would support this if not for my Rolf/Marcia withdrawals.

Oh dear Lord... have mercy on me.

orz

As you wish.

I don't really know much about Edward. He's the swordfighter? But Merric's face and an Axe have a special bond.

Just like all other shota mages. Don't even get me started on Ewan x Axe to the face.

Zelgius had the hots for Greil, remember? Poor Ike never stood a chance. :awesome:

Yes he is, and he's constantly getting hit on by Bandits and Fighters, while Merric barely ever faces those.

Those manly Cyclops axes sure love to taste Ewan's soft lips.

Why yes, except Zelgius was a bit jealous that he left him for an actual woman, so he killed him for that by implaing his ex-lover on his big, long sword while Ike was just standing there, his hands firmly gripped on his tiny blade. Now that he was all grown up and wanted some experience, Ike had no other choice but to follow his father's footsteps and impress his daddy's knight in shining armor. Too bad that Ike worked Zelgius so hard he died of exhaustion after saying it was the best experience of his whole life, even surpassing hot love with his other mentor.

As you wish.

GOD, THE LOGIC ESCAPES ME, PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME

Yes he is, and he's constantly getting hit on by Bandits and Fighters, while Merric barely ever faces those.

Why yes, except Zelgius was a bit jealous that he left him for an actual woman, so he killed him for that by implaing his ex-lover on his big, long sword while Ike was just standing there, his hands firmly gripped on his tiny blade. Now that he was all grown up and wanted some experience, Ike had no other choice but to follow his father's footsteps and impress his daddy's knight in shining armor. Too bad that Ike worked Zelgius so hard he died of exhaustion after saying it was the best experience of his whole life, even surpassing hot love with his other mentor.

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

One word: CRACK

And it's not the "noble" part, Cynthia, it's the "my" part. MY Ike. Adding "noble" neither adds nor detracts from that statement. It's all about the possessive nature of the phrase. Like EB said. I hate getting Ninja'd, though.

Addressing another with "my lord" implies deference and loyalty. Try not to look too deeply into it.

Zelgius and Ike do seem sort of obsessed with each other. Granted, they explain it as "interest in swordplay", but you could probably interpret it romantically if you read into it as much as some fans of other pairs do.

That's saying "my lord." I'm pretty sure by "noble," Elincia meant Ike was a noble man, not a lord or anything. Otherwise, she would have probably just settled for "my lord Ike."

EDIT: Wha? Zelgius just wanted to surpass Greil, who is Ike's father. I'm sure he wouldn't have given a damn about Ike otherwise.

Edited by Eternal Bond

GOD, THE LOGIC ESCAPES ME, PLEASE EXPLAIN IT TO ME

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

One word: CRACK

You never know when sudden sightlessness like this may occur.

You sure know my style.

Zelgius and Ike do seem sort of obsessed with each other. Granted, they explain it as "interest in swordplay", but you could probably interpret it romantically if you read into it as much as some fans of other pairs do.

Considering how Ike views Zelgius so highly as his teacher and how some teacher/student relationships got to even in real life, that is only normal.

Ah, I see then. How credible is Merric x Lance to the eye? I hear he has sexy eye sockets.

And how many fighters does it take to completely rape Eddy? Was it a 2RKO?

More than one occasion that Ewan gets a few love bites after some lip with a Cyclop's axe. Poor kid, he doesn't have enough stamina.

Too bad. Ike will never feel the love of the man who thrust his sword into his father. Maybe it was a silly crush, kind of like hero worship, but maaaan he really went overboard in that last struggle for dominance.

Edited by Reverse Trap

You never know when sudden sightlessness like this may occur.

You sure know my style.

I'm sad now.

Please continue. I can't stop laughing here.

EDIT: Wha? Zelgius just wanted to surpass Greil, who is Ike's father. I'm sure he wouldn't have given a damn about Ike otherwise.

Well originally Greil has the longest, thickest sword of any man in Tellius. He could thrust and parry all day long and Zelgius wanted to be just like him. But one day Greil went crazy and killed his wife and shit and had to stop using his "sword". Zelgius approached Greil years later, but Greil's sword just wasn't what it used to be (it's a common problem in older men).

Due to Greil not having the "swordsmanship" he once possessed, Zelgius turned his attention to Greil's straaping young son. He hoped that he could be just like his father was in his glory days. After engaging in some "duels" over the course of the two games, Ike eventually showed Zelgius the true might of his long, hard, thick blade at the end of Radiant Dawn. He thrusted through Zelgius so hard that Zelgius ended up dead, but at least he died with a smile on his face.

I'm sad now.

Please continue. I can't stop laughing here.

It's alright *pat*

Will do after this quote.

Ah, I see then. How credible is Merric x Lance to the eye? I hear he has sexy eye sockets.

And how many fighters does it take to completely rape Eddy? Was it a 2RKO?

More than one occasion that Ewan gets a few love bites after some lip with a Cyclop's axe. Poor kid, he doesn't have enough stamina.

Too bad. Ike will never feel the love of the man who thrust his sword into his father. Maybe it was a silly crush, kind of like hero worship, but maaaan he really went overboard in that last struggle for dominance.

Quite better in fact. Camus and Misheil are ready to side with Durhua just to have some pleasure with Merric. They even brought the Black Knights and the Dragon Knights with them to share the fun!

Depends on how much Eddie recieves intense pleasure from an axe kiss. Memeory tells me it could take only one if he's really into that.

Meanwhile those Cerberi sure like to kiss him passinately six times in a row.

On the other hand, maybe he could convince Soren to join the desert tribe and bring him along. I'm sure Ike is eager to learn some more with Stefan like he did back in PoR.

Edited by Dio

Well originally Greil has the longest, thickest sword of any man in Tellius. He could thrust and parry all day long and Zelgius wanted to be just like him. But one day Greil went crazy and killed his wife and shit and had to stop using his "sword". Zelgius approached Greil years later, but Greil's sword just wasn't what it used to be (it's a common problem in older men).

Due to Greil not having the "swordsmanship" he once possessed, Zelgius turned his attention to Greil's straaping young son. He hoped that he could be just like his father was in his glory days. After engaging in some "duels" over the course of the two games, Ike eventually showed Zelgius the true might of his long, hard, thick blade at the end of Radiant Dawn. He thrusted through Zelgius so hard that Zelgius ended up dead, but at least he died with a smile on his face.

But the reason Greil wasn't the fighter he used to be is because he slashed the tendons in his sword arm, not because he aged. As Ike said to Zelgius during the Black Knight fight in PoR, Greil wouldn't have lost had he still been able to use a sword.

Ah yes, Zelgius tried to reignite the passion Greil had for swordsmanship while after the last thing he treasured from his dead wife to make sure in the future he wouldn't even remember the name Elena. Things didn't go as planned and Ike had to walk in on the little scene (probably due to the sound of "clashing steel"). Greil just didn't have it in him and after the final blow the rest is history. After all that time, however, I think Ike had a bit of a complex with Zelgius. Always trying to be better than him, wanting him to think of Ike instead of Greil whenever they clashed swords. Maybe Ike has had an inferiority complex whenever he is compared to his father?

Quite better in fact. Camus and Misheil are ready to side with Durhua just to have some pleasure with Merric. They even brought the Black Knights and the Dragon Knights with them to share the fun!

Depends on how much Eddie recieves intense pleasure from an axe kiss. Memeory tells me it could take only one if he's really into that.

Meanwhile those Cerberi sure like to kiss him passinately six times in a row.

On the other hand, maybe he could convince Soren to join the desert tribe and bring him along. I'm sure Ike is eager to learn some more with Stefan like he did back in PoR.

I'll have to edit my list of favorite pairings then.

By just one axe? Wow, Eddie. Well, he is still in his teens and can't handle himself correctly, but still.

They always take so much mouth in their hit and run kisses.

Perhaps Stefan can ease Soren into wielding a sword so there won't be any more mishaps with Ike.

Edited by Reverse Trap

I'll have to edit my list of favorite pairings then.

By just one axe? Wow, Eddie. Well, he is still in his teens and can't handle himself correctly, but still.

They always take so much mouth in their hit and run kisses.

Perhaps Stefan can ease Soren into wielding a sword so there won't be any more mishaps with Ike.

Definitely do. Do you have anything against GandolfXAzel, LangobaltXAzel or PaulXJasmineXErk?

With a kiss as strong as steel, you know the pleasure will be short, but very intense.

They do it perfectly.

Hopefully he'll show him to wield something longer and sharper than puny knives and rods.

Hopefully he'll show him to wield something longer and sharper than puny knives and rods.

But Soren's an emo kid, naturally these emos have daggers in their pockets and have to use rods to give pleasure.

I don't know though, maybe Ike was looking for someone like Soren so he can feel more dominating with his pretty big sword.

But Soren's an emo kid, naturally these emos have daggers in their pockets and have to use rods to give pleasure.

I don't know though, maybe Ike was looking for someone like Soren so he can feel more dominating with his pretty big sword.

I suppose.

You're thinking he wouldn't be able to top Stefan?

Definitely do. Do you have anything against GandolfXAzel, LangobaltXAzel or PaulXJasmineXErk?

With a kiss as strong as steel, you know the pleasure will be short, but very intense.

They do it perfectly.

Oh not at all. Azel likes diversity, I can't count how many swords have already been thrust into him to the point of bleeding to death. Good thing Claude's always around, though he's a bit of a sadist with that Valkyrie Staff...

Indeed. I hear all this talk about Leo being able to be a satisfactory training partner, but how on earth is he supposed to be with an arrow and bow? Clearly, Eddie has a more exhilarating time on the frontlines, completely surrounded.

At least Soren is willing to try out new things.

This is why Sothe will never be a good swordsman. He just plays around with knives.

But sometimes his Heal Staff isn't enough, I've seen him use a Physic and even a Rewarp stave. He's moving on up, and he feels he's ready for a more physical weapon of sorts. As for the knives, well... he's a masochist.

But Ike would cleave Soren in half without the proper training.

Stefan is here for available help, not only to aid Soren, but to satisfy Ike's need for a good fight every now and then.

He thrusted through Zelgius so hard that Zelgius ended up dead, but at least he died with a smile on his face.

How do you thrust a hammer? I mean, this only happens if Ike uses a sword at one range.

Hmm, a short break from the Ike x Elincia debating >_>.

I'll just go ahead and list a couple pairings I like.

Hector x Lyn

Geoffrey x Elincia (let's just say that the recent pages have made me like this pairing >_>).

Sylvia x Death. This has some charisma. Seriously

Levin x Fury (if only Sety's speed would stop resetting to 15 in my saves...)

Arion x Altenna

Aless x Nanna

I suppose they don't call out his name, but they do speak to him. Not because Ike is necessarily the closest character to them emotionally, but because he's guaranteed to be there.

He speaks to them first in the tower. Elincia talks to him in 3-10 without any initiating on his part. All the deathquotes in the tower involve:

"oh noes, I's dying"

"retreat, don't die"

"okay Ike, no prob"

That's hardly the same thing as Elincia's death convos with Ike. Besides, what do you expect them to do?

dying person: "oh noes, I's dying"

Ike: "retreat, don't die"

dying person: (thinking) *Well, I'm not talking to him*

Of course they'll respond. That doesn't make the convos between Elincia and Ike less meaningful.

What is my theory? That the canon pairings didn't just come out of nowhere? I don't really have a "theory" here. I am just opposing the statement of such theories as fact such as 'Elincia and Ike loved each other.' If you want to state it as a possibiltiy (albeit an unlikely one) fine by me. Of course it then becomes absolutely absurd to shoot down theories like 'Ike and Soren love each other' which have more evidence.

The only theory I'm talking about is that Elincia calls everyone "my" and "but I really think that's how she refers to some people." Unless by "some people" you mean "only Ike".

How many does she call "my", anyway? We see her talk plenty in the game so it's not as if she lacks opportunity.

And I disagree that there is more evidence Ike loves soren. That's all I'm disputing. There isn't much in the way of evidence that Ike loves soren. Nor is there even all that much that Ike loves Elincia. My main points here are two things:

1. Elincia likes Ike more than she likes Geoffrey (death quotes help indicate this)

2. Ike does not love soren in "that" way.

Considering there is some supporting evidence of the first and that there is zero counter-evidence of the second, I don't see how it's so hard to just let it go. You clearly disagree and somehow perceive more evidence against my two points than in favour of those two points, but trust me, from where I'm standing, there is "more evidence" of my two points than the alternatives. People read different things into it. How can you claim your interpretation is more accurate than mine? We each have our own ways of thinking that influence interpretations.

And no, I don't need every pairing to talk to each other in their deathquotes. However, when the game has two characters involved in the same quote

Elincia: Father... Please forgive me! I have failed...as queen...

Geoffrey: Queen Elincia! I... I'm coming to save you! What's the point of living without you?! Dear Elincia!

and has one of them going gaga over losing the other, you'd think that maybe, just maybe, if Elincia felt the same about Geoffrey they'd have added a little something about that, don't ya?

Yes, obviously Elincia likes Ike more than Geoffrey. That why she marries Ike at the end of RD, amirite?

Oh wait, she marries Geoffrey. This single event obviousy trumps any death quote (it was probably an expression of fealty). Therefore, no one who is not a blind IkexElincia fan boy/girl can logically say Elincia likes Ike more than Geoffrey (I'll note that neither of your assertions include Ike liking Elincia).

The only way this doesn't become true is if Ike and Elincia had some big reason not to get together. However, no such reason currently exist (the best expanantion you can come up with is something about nobles complaining about their marriage, which makes no sense because Ike was given peerage, is the friggin' Hero of Crimea, and has no evidenciary basis, plus if they really loved each othet they wouldn't have cared, or Elincia could have let Renning take the throne etc.). Therefore, why did Elincia marry Geoffrey? Because no matter how cool you guys think Ike is, she prefers Geoffrey. I am willing to accept the alternative explanation that Elincia initially liked Ike, he didn't like her back, she got over it in between PoR and RD and fell in love with Geoffrey. Those are the only logical conclusions.

As for IkexSoren that's really a whole different matter. Their ending is ambiguous (neither implied nor dismissed romance) and Ike has an alternative partner. I say it's open for interpretation whether their romantic couple or not. However, the emotional closeness that Ike and Soren share is evident, they trust each other more than anyone in Tellius. I certainly find it more conclusive than "Elincia giggles sometimes" or "she used an expression of fealty towards Ike once"

I will grant you that Elincia just using her standard deathquote in that situation is weird. It's possible that they didn't bother coding it in because Elincia might die before Geoffrey shows up.

Edited by -Cynthia-