FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

2. Ike does not love soren in "that" way.

Most of the arguments have been, that Soren likely loves Ike "that" way and that Ike has been has had more intimate moments with Soren plus the paired ending supporting this pairing more-so than these little "hints" you and Eternal Bond keep digging for, which are rather biased. As I've said already, both seem like one-sided love but Ike leaves with Soren, Ike leaves Elincia. Common sense suggests that Ike would choose to be with the person he likes most in the end and before you go and say "Ike probably wouldn't ask Elincia to go along with him because he understands that she should stay and rule over Crimea", consider that if Ike did love Elincia as much as you 2 want to believe, he would've stayed in Crimea with her.

And no, I don't need every pairing to talk to each other in their deathquotes. However, when the game has two characters involved in the same quote

Quoteand has one of them going gaga over losing the other, you'd think that maybe, just maybe, if Elincia felt the same about Geoffrey they'd have added a little something about that, don't ya?

Inconsistency.

Leanne and Naesala, one of the most canon pairings. Get this, Leanne never mentions Naesala or has a conversation with him but this is true for Ike, Nealuchi and Elincia.

While in the case of Naesala, he never mentions Leanne and only converses with Skrimir in his death.

So, if we go by your logic that for Elincia to love Geoffrey IS HAD to put a little something in this particular death quote between them, then the Naesala x Leanne ending might as well be some shitty insignificant pairing that IS forgot set it to unused like that unused Geoffrey and Elincia death quote since clearly Naesala and Leanne don't love each other.

This logic produces a yaoi pairing, a yuri pairing and others that are about as "ridiculous" as Ike x Mia if not more.

If death quotes are involved in this argument, then I'll just leave this here and play the Eternal Narga card:

Geoffrey: Queen Elincia! My queen, where are you?! I can't see... Blood is in my eyes... Your Majesty... I'll be right...there...

Elincia: Geoffrey... Geoffrey! ...You mustn't die... I'll be all alone... Please... Geoffrey...

vs

Ike: Elincia... Retreat...now...

Elincia: Sir Ike! No, please! Don't leave me!

Wait, I don't have to play Eternal Narga. It's pretty obvious Elincia does love and care for Geoffrey and doesn't marry with him like how Nina did with Hardin and this is in plain sight, not "hinted" with little things like giggles and hand holding. Geoffrey x Elincia is FE10's Seth x Eirika disregarding their usefulness in-game.

Edited by Speedwagon

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will grant you that Elincia just using her standard deathquote in that situation is weird. It's possible that they didn't bother coding it in because Elincia might die before Geoffrey shows up.

Not possible. He's in it. I assume it either only happens if Geoffrey is already there or he says his bit from "off-screen". Either way, "before Geoffrey shows up" doesn't work at all. It's either Intelligent systems being stupid or a message to you about Elincia's feelings.

But if you accept "I.s. is stupid" as an explanation to excuse it, then I can do the same with the whole "she marries Geoffrey with an A but can't get a special ending with Ike of some sort with an A".

Basically, sure, they marry in the end, but with not much else supporting the "Elincia loves Geoffrey" theory, the reasons for that marriage are open to interpretation. It's not as if they've never made a marriage like that in Fire Emblem games.

Inconsistency.

Leanne and Naesala, one of the most canon pairings. Get this, Leanne never mentions Naesala or has a conversation with him but this is true for Ike, Nealuchi and Elincia.

While in the case of Naesala, he never mentions Leanne and only converses with Skrimir in his death.

So, if we go by your logic that for Elincia to love Geoffrey IS HAD to put a little something in this particular death quote between them, then the Naesala x Leanne ending might as well be some shitty insignificant pairing that IS forgot set it to unused like that unused Geoffrey and Elincia death quote since clearly Naesala and Leanne don't love each other.

This logic produces a yaoi pairing, a yuri pairing and others that are about as "ridiculous" as Ike x Mia if not more.

If death quotes are involved in this argument, then I'll just leave this here and play the Eternal Narga card:

Except 2-E blows that argument away. Are there any death conversations between Leanne and Naesala at all? Nope. But there is one between Geoffrey and Elincia. I quoted it plenty. she talks, he talks. she talks about her father. He talks about losing her. If there was a convo between Leanne and Naesala in which one of them pronounces undying love and the other doesn't, you'd have a point. There isn't, so you don't.

vs

Wait, I don't have to play Eternal Narga. It's pretty obvious Elincia does love and care for Geoffrey and doesn't marry with him like how Nina did with Hardin and this is in plain sight, not hinted with little things like giggles and hand holding. Geoffrey x Elincia is FE10's Seth x Eirika disregarding their usefulness in-game.

Um, I talked about those a while ago. Many pages. Those quotes perfectly support my "forgetful Elincia" theory, by the way. And she clearly doesn't want either leaving her. It's obvious to you. From where I'm standing, you two are doing the same thing you accuse us of. Forgive me if I'm not swayed by arguments like that.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Yes, obviously Elincia likes Ike more than Geoffrey. That why she marries Ike at the end of RD, amirite?

Oh wait, she marries Geoffrey. This single event obviousy trumps any death quote (it was probably an expression of fealty). Therefore, no one who is not a blind IkexElincia fan boy/girl can logically say Elincia likes Ike more than Geoffrey (I'll note that neither of your assertions include Ike liking Elincia).

By this logic, you're saying Elincia marrying Geoffrey automatically means she loves him more than Ike. Elincia really cares for Geoffrey, yes, but it seems to me like more of a sibling relationship (Geoffrey is also her milk brother, after all). As I said, people don't always marry for love. Ever heard of arranged marriages? Maybe Renning arranged it like I said and Elincia is certainly not the kind of person to back down from a request like that when it could really disappoint other people and the nobles, not to mention Geoffrey himself. There's also the producing an heir thing.

The only way this doesn't become true is if Ike and Elincia had some big reason not to get together. However, no such reason currently exist (the best expanantion you can come up with is something about nobles complaining about their marriage, which makes no sense because Ike was given peerage, is the friggin' Hero of Crimea, and has no evidenciary basis, plus if they really loved each othet they wouldn't have cared, or Elincia could have let Renning take the throne etc.). Therefore, why did Elincia marry Geoffrey? Because no matter how cool you guys think Ike is, she prefers Geoffrey. I am willing to accept the alternative explanation that Elincia initially liked Ike, he didn't like her back, she got over it in between PoR and RD and fell in love with Geoffrey. Those are the only logical conclusions.

No, it makes perfect sense for the nobles to complain about a marriage between Ike and Elincia. Elincia and Sanaki were the ones who agreed to give peerage to Ike. None of the Crimean nobles had anything to do with it and know little about Ike besides that he was heroic and saved Crimea and Tellius. I doubt they would like him much either since he hates the lifestyle of nobles. I can also easily see Ike disagreeing with them a lot, which could lead to more trouble. Ike could easily think renouncing his peerage would be the best thing for her and I think if he loved her enough, he'd choose this option.

I'm not saying it's impossible for Elincia to prefer Geoffrey. I just think she more than likely preferred Ike the whole time.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Geoffrey: Queen Elincia! My queen, where are you?! I can't see... Blood is in my eyes... Your Majesty... I'll be right...there...

Elincia: Geoffrey... Geoffrey! ...You mustn't die... I'll be all alone... Please... Geoffrey...

Ignore this part because it's inconvenient.

Yes, Elincia does have a death quote where Geoffrey mentions her and she doesn't mention him. However, I think her actions while not in the process of dying (such as marrying Geoffrey) are more important than "zomg she didn't talk about Geoffrey that one time"

No indication of Elinciax Geoffrey? I honestly cannot see how you can pore over every line of dialogue and interpret giggling, going home together, and a term of fealty as true love, while Geoffrey and Elincia are just friends?

I'm not even going to really address the Geoffrey---> Elincia side of this, since you seem to have conceded that it's the most obvious thing in the world. Note that Geoffrey clearly being in love with Elincia (established all the way from PoR) is evidence enough if Elincia does not outright reject (she clearly doesn't do this).

First off, against the advice of Lucia and Bastian, she's willing to send Ike into danger and jeapordize her chances of liberating Crimea to save who? You guessed it, Geoffrey.

Then there are the support convos where Geoffrey swears his undying alliegance to Elincia, she almost takes away his knighthood to protect him from further danger etc.

Elincia: I'm sure I'll keep causing you troubles...but please...never leave my side, Geoffrey. Geoffrey: Princess Elincia...My life and blade are yours
That quote sums it up nicely. Notice how Elincia is fine with Ike leaving her side, and wouldn't you know he goes off shortly after the war ends, while Geoffrey stays near Elincia.

There's more stuff in Part 2 of RD (I'll protect you yadda yadda, you are my most faithful knight yadda yadda). Like Speedwagon said, it's Seth and Eirika all over again. FE has done this before. It led to paired endings. Obvious pair is obvious.

Now you may say "But they were raised as brother and sister! Of course they have some sort of bond." I can't necessarily argue with that, perhaps it's love between siblings. The point here is though, that it can be interpreted as romantic, and the paired ending supports this interpretation. The only way this came out of the blue is if you skipped all the lines of dialogue for Elincia and Geoffrey throughout the entire game.

For your alternate theory to make sense, we would have to actually see some nobles complaining about Ike at this point. The only people they complain about are Lucia and Geoffrey (well and Daein and Elincia herself, And the laguz).

Besides, you still haven't addressed the issue that even if the nobles didn't happen to like it, they can't say who the queen does or doesn't marry, so if Ike and Elincia actually liked each other no problem. It's not like Ike's capitulating to the whines of some nobles any time soon, especially if it's something he cares about (theoretical Elincia).

Edited by -Cynthia-

By this logic, you're saying Elincia marrying Geoffrey automatically means she loves him more than Ike. Elincia really cares for Geoffrey, yes, but it seems to me like more of a sibling relationship (Geoffrey is also her milk brother, after all). As I said, people don't always marry for love. Ever heard of arranged marriages? Maybe Renning arranged it like I said and Elincia is certainly not the kind of person to back down from a request like that when it could really disappoint other people and the nobles, not to mention Geoffrey himself. There's also the producing an heir thing.

Er... In these games/premises (Medieval fantasy settings), and given FE's track record, YES, it does almost automatically mean they are in love. If they don't hate eachother, and they marry, yeah... And Renning may be stubborn, but I highly doubt he'd arrange a marriage after Elincia did so much for Crimea. He's not a douchebag who just went semi power hungry and decided to dick around with Elincia. And Elincia of PoR might've not backed down (If Renning decided to break character), but RD Elincia + Spine? Hell no.

You are making such weird assumptions about the weirdest of things.

Like I said, Elincia has to send SOMEONE out there to do it. I bet you if Ike hadn't been around, Geoffrey would have been the one liberating Crimea. I assure you.

Also, the fact that the decision to marry would be up to Ike and Elincia also supports the idea that Ike may have thought leaving was best for her. If he married her or even just stayed because they wanted it no matter what the nobles thought, I can very well see them disagreeing and arguing a lot as well as Geoffrey possibly getting competitive because he probably loves her too, ultimately providing poor Elincia with a headache. And Ike definitely wouldn't want that to happen. It's not so much what the nobles think, it's the consequences of making the decision in the first place. And I back this up with the fact that Ike hates the lifestyle of nobles and doesn't care for their opinions.

Basically, I'm saying Ike doesn't want to accidentally cause problems. Simple as that.

SlaveBlade: Renning doesn't have to be power hungry or a douche to do that. He can simply tell the pair "Hey, the nobles and I all agree you two ought to be married! A lot of the public seems to support that idea as well. You both wouldn't mind it, would you?" Geoffrey would of course jump at the idea. Elincia may be reluctant, but I don't think she would just out right disappoint all those people and hurt Geoffrey by saying no, so she agrees as well.

as well as Geoffrey possibly getting competitive because he probably loves her too, ultimately providing poor Elincia with a headache.

That sounds incredibly OOC to me. I mean, Geoffrey loves Elincia. Do you really think he would hurt her? If he knew Ike and Elincia loved each other, he would let them be. And he wouldn't marry Elincia if he knew she didn't love him.

You also said something about Ike deserving Elincia. Love isn't about "deserving" someone. You make it sound as if Elincia was a trophy.

Elincia might have had a crush on Ike back in PoR, but it was only that, a crush. It's understandable, considering her situation. She had a crush on her "hero". But she never "loved" him.

As for Ike, I can't really see him paired with anyone. I've seen fanart of him paired with Elincia, Soren and Mia, and it just looks... unnatural to me. But maybe that's because I loathe don't really like him.

Also, returning to the thread's main point: CuanxEthlin, LevinxFury, HectorxFlorina, KentxLyn, RavenxLucius, SethxEirika, EphraimxTana, KieranxMarcia, NaesalaxLeanne.

yay first post

as well as Geoffrey possibly getting competitive because he probably loves her too, ultimately providing poor Elincia with a headache.

This would be valid if Geoffrey showed hints that he's the jealous type or hellbent on ending up with Elincia that he wouldn't fight so hard for her and focus a lot more on staying alive which is completely nullified by the FE9 support conversations between them.

And I back this up with the fact that Ike hates the lifestyle of nobles and doesn't care for their opinions.

All the more reason why Ike would've stayed with Elincia if Ike were as interested in her as you're claiming.

That's pretty sad if the opinion of some silly nobles you obviously don't care for are sufficient reason to make you leave the woman you supposedly love.

SlaveBlade: Renning doesn't have to be power hungry or a douche to do that. He can simply tell the pair "Hey, the nobles and I all agree you two ought to be married! A lot of the public seems to support that idea as well. You both wouldn't mind it, would you?" Geoffrey would of course jump at the idea. Elincia may be reluctant, but I don't think she would just out right disappoint all those people and hurt Geoffrey by saying no, so she agrees as well.

The bolded would be true if Elincia stayed as weak as she was back in PoR (Ludveck, nuff said). At the same time, why exactly would the general public be disappointed in her marrying the HERO of Tellius everyone speaks so fondly of? Let's say a couple nobles for whatever retarded reason are disappointed in her decision to marry Ike. What are they gonna do? Throw a tantrum over it? Is Elincia so damn weak and stupid that she'd give up love just to satisfy a bunch of idiots that'll just sink themselves with ad hominem?

You're pretty much suggesting that a couple enduring the opinions of others about them because they love each other isn't common.

Ask any you meet be they young or

old, beorc or laguz,

of a hero named Ike and you'll receive

a warm smile

and a tale or two of faith, courage,

and honesty.

This may be a pretty general statement but Ike's achievements in PoR are known by the people of Crimea and the chances of his history in FE10 being unknown to them is what, nonexistent? Thus, what reason is there for the people of Crimea to be disappointed? Maybe some would've preferred Elincia with Geoffrey but would this be so damn strong that it has to influence Elincia's decision so much?

Btw, are there any rumors about a romance between Ike and Elincia pointed out in-game? With the time Ike spent as a noble and if the 2 are as close as you and Narga claim then this would be apparent enough to the people in the palace and rumors of a romance between should be more likely than rumors of a romance between Geoffrey and Elincia.

Edited by Speedwagon

I can see Geoffrey getting at least a little competitive since for the longest time he had absolutely NO competition whatsoever. Then all of a sudden, Elincia meets another man and they start getting close. Geoffrey may not go all out and do whatever it takes to get Elincia, but it's possible he'd be jealous enough to be competitive.

As for Ike, just because he doesn't care for their opinions doesn't mean the nobles don't care for his. They are still free to argue with him and Ike wouldn't have any choice but to say something back on the matter. What I mean is, they would not get along well at all, no matter who cares about whose opinions.

And I said Elincia wouldn't say no to a lot of people. Not a couple, A LOT. She's not so weak that she'd say no to satisfy a couple nobles who don't like the idea. But if even most of her family, friends, etc. agreed with the idea of her marrying Geoffrey, I doubt she'd reject him then.

I can see Geoffrey getting at least a little competitive since for the longest time he had absolutely NO competition whatsoever. Then all of a sudden, Elincia meets another man and they start getting close. Geoffrey may not go all out and do whatever it takes to get Elincia, but it's possible he'd be jealous enough to be competitive.

As for Ike, just because he doesn't care for their opinions doesn't mean the nobles don't care for his. They are still free to argue with him and Ike wouldn't have any choice but to say something back on the matter. What I mean is, they would not get along well at all, no matter who cares about whose opinions.

And I said Elincia wouldn't say no to a lot of people. Not a couple, A LOT. She's not so weak that she'd say no to satisfy a couple nobles who don't like the idea. But if even most of her family, friends, etc. agreed with the idea of her marrying Geoffrey, I doubt she'd reject him then.

Not shown in the games. Too subjective, won't touch this.

Didn't realize that pleasing everyone was a requisite for people to stay with whom they love. If Ike loves Elincia as much as you claim, this would be of no issue at all, Elincia could deal with it and the nobles wouldn't get far with their bitching anyway since the Crimean people support.

Except most of her family, friends, etc would have absolutely no objection with her marrying Ike so this is null. In fact, let's get of roll call of who may seems likely to prefer Ike for Elincia and who would prefer Geoffrey for her.

... Actually, screw the roll call, I think it's safe to say most people from PoR would support Ike whom they joined in battle than Geoffrey, that one Paladin who supports only with Calill and Elincia so it's easier to just make a list of who MIGHT support Geoffrey over Ike for Elincia. Let's see...

Lucia

Bastian

Kieran

Renning

Maybe Calill and 1-2 others under the "Kingdom of Crimea" section?

They might be a bit disappointed but really, no objection to Ike :mellow:

Except 2-E blows that argument away. Are there any death conversations between Leanne and Naesala at all? Nope. But there is one between Geoffrey and Elincia. I quoted it plenty. she talks, he talks. she talks about her father. He talks about losing her. If there was a convo between Leanne and Naesala in which one of them pronounces undying love and the other doesn't, you'd have a point. There isn't, so you don't.

You missed the point. As stated, Naesala x Leanne is probably more canon than Haar x Jill, Boyd x Mist. Difference? Naesala and Leanne are higher up there on "main characters" in terms of couples, have time in the Part 4 Micaiah chapters to show they care about each other and support their paired ending (plus PoR) and yet lack a death quote in which at least one of them mentions the other's name. Thus, my claim of inconsistency, which you know well enough that such already exists in other factors of the games throughout the series and IS has never been good enough at displaying romance to say that an inconsistency in this matter is highly unlikely.

Um, I talked about those a while ago. Many pages. Those quotes perfectly support my "forgetful Elincia" theory, by the way. And she clearly doesn't want either leaving her. It's obvious to you. From where I'm standing, you two are doing the same thing you accuse us of. Forgive me if I'm not swayed by arguments like that.

I saw your theory and it looks more like a convenient excuse/grasping/extremely unlikely "possibility".

@Bold: The main thing you 2 are being "accused of" would be looking into small details and interpreting them as something huge. Take a look at the quote pyramid you see here:

http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1009729

That coupled with some evident arguments being quickly dismissed as -Cynthia- said. For example, my mention of inconsistency. It's been acknowledge that Ike x Elincia may be possible but the argument is that it's less likely than you 2 are claiming it to be and less canon than the argued pairings which is evident while the arguments for your side seem to be mostly based on your interpretations which has seen much disagreement throughout the thread.

No offense, but perhaps you 2 may be reading into stuff that isn't there when it comes to this pairing. Pretty much why I don't like arguing characters I consider to by my favorites and since I'm starting to like Geoffrey x Elincia more as this thread grows, I'll stop arguing soon enough.

Edited by Speedwagon

I saw your theory and it looks more like a convenient excuse/grasping/extremely unlikely "possibility".

Really? Because it seems to line up with the game. Any time she's around Ike or Geoffrey she acts like they are her world. In PoR she seems pretty close to Ike then her other 3 friends show up and she focuses on them for a bit but at the end of the game who's the one supporting her in the throneroom? Then when either Ike or Geoffrey are dying she gets all teary.

Anyway, if you don't like that one, how about this, does

Ever happen outside 2-E? Like, say, 3-10 or 4-5 or 4-E?

I'm thinking no.

Let's do a run-down:

daddy's dead, mommy's dead, unkie's disappeared, Ike's off somewhere, Lucia just got kidnapped, Bastian is nowhere to be found.

Of her 7 most important people in the whole world, only Geoffrey is still around. If he dies, then as far as she's concerned she'll be "all alone".

But you know what happens in 3-10 when Lucia + Geoffrey are both right there? she doesn't want Ike leaving her. He's more important to her than the others.

Really? Because it seems to line up with the game. Any time she's around Ike or Geoffrey she acts like they are her world. In PoR she seems pretty close to Ike then her other 3 friends show up and she focuses on them for a bit but at the end of the game who's the one supporting her in the throneroom? Then when either Ike or Geoffrey are dying she gets all teary.

Anyway, if you don't like that one, how about this, does

Ever happen outside 2-E? Like, say, 3-10 or 4-5 or 4-E?

I'm thinking no.

Let's do a run-down:

daddy's dead, mommy's dead, unkie's disappeared, Ike's off somewhere, Lucia just got kidnapped, Bastian is nowhere to be found.

Of her 7 most important people in the whole world, only Geoffrey is still around. If he dies, then as far as she's concerned she'll be "all alone".

But you know what happens in 3-10 when Lucia + Geoffrey are both right there? she doesn't want Ike leaving her. He's more important to her than the others.

You're reading waaay too into these things... Why can't people just take things at face value, something this game does clearly?

I find it amusing how Elincia marrying Geoffrey isn't proof that she loves him, but a death quote is proof enough that Elincia loves Ike. A lot of characters say the main character's name when they die. Wolf, Vyland, Roshea and Sedgar all say "Coyote" when they die in Shadow Dragon (IIRC, at least I know Roshea and Vyland do). I guess that means they're all in love with Hardin.

The only instance in which she mentions she doesn't want Ike leaving is when he's dying. The reason Lucia and Geoffrey don't get quite the same speech is because they "retreat" once injured (though she tells them to go for their own safety).

The Elincia death quote here just tells Ike to look after Crimea. That shows she's concerned about her country, not him.

By the way, I think we may have become a little too hung up on Geoffrey. Ike x Elincia still wouldn't make sense as a pairing even if Geoffrey didn't exist. Why? Because Ike goes off to another continent (and no, he doesn't have a great reason) and never returns, leaving Elincia behind. Really pairing Ike with anyone other than Soren or Ranulf doesn't make much sense because of this, since it would directly contradict a romantic relationship.

Yes, there could theoretically be a very good reason Ike left that I'm sure you could make up, but that's the thing. You would have to make it up, which makes it fiction, not canon.

Edited by -Cynthia-

We're not saying anything we think is canon. It's just what we believe to be most likely true, whether it's fiction or not. We're basing this off evidence. And if we want, we could say Elincia left the throne to find Ike. I really think she would if she loved him enough. But that's just me and I really can't back this up with anything other than Elincia specifically saying she never wanted to be queen. Which means if it were up to her, she wouldn't. And as queen, she can make that choice if she pleases. She only took the throne in the first place because there wasn't anyone else to do so at the time.

And before you all go saying "but Elincia would never abandon Crimea," she doesn't have to live there or be queen to support her country. No matter how far away I am from the US I'll never abandon it. Besides, Elincia seems to have a lot of faith in Renning and probably thinks he'd make a good king, especially if her father trusted him to take over once his time was up.

HOWEVER. I'm NOT saying this is fact or the most likely explanation even. Only that it is pretty possible.

Except that saying Elincia leaves the throne to find Ike directly contradicts either of her canon endings, where she stays and rules Crimea.

Isn't canon is what's most likely true, because the game developers decide what's fact and what isn't? You can speculate about things they left ambiguous, but you can't diregard what's already there.

Edited by -Cynthia-

Where does it ever say she stays and rules Crimea? I don't recall that at all.

It says she governed Crimea and her reign was remembered as a golden age. That COULD mean she stayed, but not necessarily. Note that it is in past tense. It could be referring to the past instead of the future. However, that is up for debate and there really isn't anything to prove either possiblity.

Edited by Eternal Bond

The whole idea of Elincia simply abandoning Crimea to chase after Ike makes me a bit uncomfortable.

[spoiler=FE3, Book 2 ending]It reminds me too much of Nyna's ending because she does precisely that. After all those people fought, sacrificed, and died in her name, she simply vanishes, leaving the country to Marth, supposedly to chase after Sirius (Although that's not explicitly stated as the reason, but it's implied and she definitely vanishes). Did all the sacrifices made for her sake mean so little that she answers them with this betrayal of their faith? I can kind of understand it if she truly believed she was "cursed" that she might have thought that she was doing what was best, but nothing changes that she had a responsibility to her people and she chose to put her own desires above all those people who loved and relied on her. I've never found that romantic. Just selfish.

Those are just my thoughts though. I just had to get that off my chest. I don't have any real preference on Ike pairings yet, but this idea makes me wince personally.

Edit: Fixed spoiler tags. My apologies.

Edited by Spring

It says she governed Crimea and her reign was remembered as a golden age.

Why would she leave and how on earth could she have governed her kingdom if she ever left?

Of course its future tense, that's to make a sense of closure.

Why would she leave and how on earth could she have governed her kingdom if she ever left?

Of course its future tense, that's to make a sense of closure.

Obviously she governed for X amount of years and THEN left for Ike, duh...

Actually, SlaveBlade, that's possible too. Elincia may have begun to miss Ike so much that she left after a time. Thanks for the idea. :3

Honestly though, I don't really want to debate about this anymore. It's just getting pointless and turning into a merry-go-round.

Let's debate on a different pairing now. I also highly support Kieran/Marcia. Who else thinks it's possible they ended up together anyway, despite not having an ending? Marcia IS the only girl Kieran is able to support with in both games after all.

Let's debate on a different pairing now. I also highly support Kieran/Marcia. Who else thinks it's possible they ended up together anyway, despite not having an ending? Marcia IS the only girl Kieran is able to support with in both games after all.

Why not?

Sometimes I think people pair people simply because they have no other option besides guys not that I have a problem with that, weird I know. I don't have a problem with Keiran x Marcia at all, but I've got to wonder just how serious a relationship between the two would actually manage and how long would it hold.

Then again, Marcia goes well with just about any character in the game. She's like all-purpose flour*.

*Just like Sheeda.

Edited by Reverse Trap

In all honesty, it'd be a pretty awful pairing. Kieran is crazy for Geoffrey, and Marcia spouts retarded food swearing.

You know what, I do wanna see it now, if only to see just how dysfunctional it really would be.

I doubt Elincia's reign would be remembered as a golden age ïf she only governed for like a year (unless you're suggesting she waited a really long time, which would be odd) and then was like "öh I should go chase after Ike now". You can't really have a one year golden age.

Kieranx Marcia is definitely plausible. They supported in PoR, and then Marcia stayed with the CRKS, so they could have spent a lot of time together. Plus, neither of them really have very valid other pairings (Marcia has Rolf I guess, and Kieran is rather...obsessed with Oscar). They didn't get any screen time together in RD, but a lot of the returning characetrs didn't.

Edited by -Cynthia-