FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

I'm still very biased towards Farina and Hector.

I just love that pairing.

Any way to sway me towards that?

I just thought of Dart and Farina when it comes to her though... MONEY GRUBBERS FTW!!!

Though the thought of, I bought you, you're my whore I bought your services, but I don't care about that. I'm NOT BEING KIND TO YOU BECAUSE I WANT A DISCOUNT, I'm being kind to you BECAUSE I LOVE YOU as sort of romantic...

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just like how he they interact with eachother. A bit endearing how she gets over her money grubbing in favor of just being by his side. Plus Farina is hotter and not as jailbaitish.

I know it's probably his most inconvenient support, but who gives a fuck? Tier whoring efficient people? Pft. PFT I SAY.

SorenxIke is canon. The End.

Says who?

Anyway, the only pairings I like in FE7/8 so far are Eliwood/Lyn, Kent/Lyn, Sain/Fiora, Sain/Florina, Seth/Eirika, and Ephraim/Tana. Erk/Serra and Joshua/Natasha have somewhat grown on me though. ;P

Since it's part of the topic at hand, I've actually developed a fondness for Farina/Hector recently, which is funny because it didn't really appeal to me much in the beginning. Their personalities actually strike me as being pretty compatible and I find that the banter in their supports is rather fun to read. ^_^

Edited by Spring

Says who?

Says the game. He's one of the only characters to get a special ending for Ike. Also the supports seem to indicate closeness. Whether it be Ho Yay or totally platonic, its canon. ;)

Says who?

Anyway, the only pairings I like in FE7/8 so far are Eliwood/Lyn, Kent/Lyn, Sain/Fiora, Sain/Florina, Seth/Eirika, and Ephraim/Tana. Erk/Serra and Joshua/Natasha have somewhat grown on me though. ;P

Joshua x Natasha have only somewhat grown on you? They have the second cutest interactions in FE8. :3

Says the game. He's one of the only characters to get a special ending for Ike. Also the supports seem to indicate closeness. Whether it be Ho Yay or totally platonic, its canon. ;)

There is no canon. There are two people with whom he can have an ending. It's like Lloyd in Dawn of the New World and the original. You can pair him with any of the 8. some are platonic, some aren't, but there is no canon. In fact, for Fire Emblem I'd say even a character with only one special pairing has no canon because that ending is optional. If you don't get that A support, there is still no pairing and thus the pairing isn't "canon".

Hence, the game doesn't say they are canon.

It's like Lloyd in Dawn of the New World and the original. You can pair him with any of the 8. some are platonic, some aren't, but there is no canon.

Actually, for that particular case, there is. It has been said by the game creators themselves. (It's Colette)

Actually, for that particular case, there is. It has been said by the game creators themselves. (It's Colette)

Okay, bad example, then. Point about soren and Ike remains the same.

It is the closest thing Ike has to a canon pairing though. Like Eliwood and Hector of FE7, Ike has more than 1 paired ending but Soren's the only one of the 2 that had any buildup to support it, similar to Eliwood x Ninian in FE7.

It is the closest thing Ike has to a canon pairing though. Like Eliwood and Hector of FE7, Ike has more than 1 paired ending but Soren's the only one of the 2 that had any buildup to support it, similar to Eliwood x Ninian in FE7.

closest does not equal actual. Hence, not canon.

closest does not equal actual. Hence, not canon.

Pointless to tell me this since I didn't say that. I simply said that Ike x Soren is the closest thing Ike has to a canon pairing and explained my reasoning. Really, was this necessary or are you that touchy when "Ike" and "pairing" are used in the same post without "Elincia" in it?

Pointless to tell me this since I didn't say that. I simply said that Ike x Soren is the closest thing Ike has to a canon pairing and explained my reasoning. Really, was this necessary or are you that touchy when "Ike" and "pairing" are used in the same post without "Elincia" in it?

I thought my post was no more pointless than yours, though. I started with "it's not canon" after someone else said it was. You came back with "it's the closest to canon". I didn't quite understand what the purpose of your post was so I wanted to reiterate the main point: not canon.

It's possible I'm a little touchy on the subject of Ike.

*cough*AndHectorxLyn*cough*

And besides, if Ike x Elincia had gotten an ending, this argument could be made as well. Ike and Soren didn't interact that much in RD either (outside of the extra scenes you get with the transferred A support).

Edited by El Rey León

I thought my post was no more pointless than yours, though. I started with "it's not canon" after someone else said it was. You came back with "it's the closest to canon". I didn't quite understand what the purpose of your post was so I wanted to reiterate the main point: not canon.

Well for starters it IS the FE pairing topic where we discuss opinions and facts about pairings in the series and since Ike x Soren was brought up again, I decided to throw in my 2 cents.

Secondly, I didn't quote your post nor did I say my reasoning makes the pairing canon, just that it makes it the closest thing Ike has to a canon pairing.

Finally, Florina's post left room for some smartass to come in and nitpick her reasoning by bringing up Ranulf, the other paired ending Ike has. I pointed out why Soren's the closest using an example from FE7.

It's possible I'm a little touchy on the subject of Ike.

It's often like that when discussing things you favor. Pretty much the reason why I avoid arguing in favor of my favorite characters.

Edited by Speedwagon

A lot of characters didn't interact much in RD, probably due to the support system being changed to generic instead of actual conversations. Ike and Elincia didn't interact much either, and when they did it was very businesslike (woo they talked about the BK). A lot of the paired endings in RD seem a little out of the blue without the PoR component (Haar/Jill for example).

Edited by -Cynthia-

Yeah, Ike and Soren have a special ending. But Ike and Ranulf do too. We're not told if he only takes one or both of them with him. And if Ike only takes one of them, then it's possible it was Ranulf (whom I'd prefer went with Ike anyway since he's way cooler than Soren), which would make Ike/Soren not canon.

But ANYWAY, I will admit both Ike and Soren and even Ike and Ranulf are close friends. But I can't see anything more than that between them.

I'd say Soren's "love" for Ike is more of a co-dependency thing. He literally cares for no one else but him and only goes berserk when something bad happens to him alone. Poor kid needs therapy.

Yeah. It more than likely stems from the fact that Ike not only saved his life, but gave him food, got him a job, and got him money. Because of his Brand, Soren probably feels Ike is the only one who can even keep him alive and needs to depend on him.

Edited by Eternal Bond

• 3 weeks later...

Seth X Eirika is the princess-knight relation which I find cute.... Kyle X Syrene... well... It seems fitting in a cute way... Harken X Isadora is a cute knightly pairing, Noah X Fir is also cute... and even though I haven't played FE9 or FE10, although I read the supports... Kieran X Marcia is very adorable...

FOR THE LULZ some crack pairings....

Kieran X L'Arachel (Just imagine what could happen!)

Valtome X Echidna X Lucius (Threesome gender confusion! *shot*)

I feel really bad for Gatrie. To not have a paired ending is one thing but for the game to flatout state "he never found true love" is quite sad.

All he wanted was a girlfriend. Sain was even more perveted and he got several women.

I guess he can continue to take Shinon to restaurants at least.

I feel really bad for Gatrie. To not have a paired ending is one thing but for the game to flatout state "he never found true love" is quite sad.

All he wanted was a girlfriend. Sain was even more perveted and he got several women.

I guess he can continue to take Shinon to restaurants at least.

@italics: That all really depends on who you ask though, or what do you think happened. Personally, the only Sain pairing I support (obviously) should have been in the game but wasn't. (I.E. Sain X Florina)

That Gatrie comment makes me wonder why he couldn't have been at least paired with Astrid.

Edited by LittleAl

@italics: That all really depends on who you ask though, or what do you think happened. Personally, the only Sain pairing I support (obviously) should have been in the game but wasn't. (I.E. Sain X Florina)

That Gatrie comment makes me wonder why he couldn't have been at least paired with Astrid.

I'm sure Gatrie is quite pissed at Makalov.

Astrid has weird taste.

Edited by Emperor Hardin