FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

Astrid must have spent all the time between PoR and RD getting doped up. It would explain her appearance, hew newfound fail, and how she can chase after Makalov so much.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Astrid must have spent all the time between PoR and RD getting doped up. It would explain her appearance, hew newfound fail, and how she can chase after Makalov so much.

Makalov's better than her first fiance at least.

Sure, he probably introduced her to the marvelous herbs of Tellius, but at least she's happy with him.

Seth X Eirika is the princess-knight relation which I find cute....

I find them cute too. :]

Kieran X Marcia is very adorable...

YES. They're my second favorite pairing after Ike and Elincia! <3

I find them cute too. :]

YES. They're my second favorite pairing after Ike and Elincia! <3

Another Seth X Eirika fan?!? YAYZ!

Well... They do fit... besides they're both hyper and enthusiastically hilarious... Combine them and they can take the throne of hilarity!

Edited by Frostbite

Well, I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of them, but I like them together quite a bit. :3

Have you played either of the Tellius games? If not, you need to and be an IkexElincia fan! :P

Seth X Eirika is the princess-knight relation which I find cute....

Yeah more fans of the most popular FE Pairing in Sacred Stones!

Well, at least in my opinion it's one of my favorite pairings.

Either way, I also thought these ones would be real:

Oscar x Tanith

Sigrun x Zelgius

And Mia x Rhys (which I'm not so sure if it's real)

Edited by Light Lord

Yes, she was naive in Path of Radiance, but they went a bit too far with it in RD. I think Makalov and Astrid were a nice couple, but after Astrid got her lobotomy, I'm not so keen on it.

It is a trap, bound to set you up for disappointment. GeoffreyxElincia have a nice paired ending where neither of them go to other continents. It should remind you of SethxEirika anyway.

It is a trap, bound to set you up for disappointment. GeoffreyxElincia have a nice paired ending where neither of them go to other continents. It should remind you of SethxEirika anyway.

oh boy. this again.

Let's not try to convince Frostbite of picking a side before playing the games.

I was saying you should play Ike's games and be a fan of IkexElincia. I'm not trying to trap you. xP

Play Ike's games as they are good next to the SNES ones but don't be a fan of IkexElincia, or any pairing for that matter.

You know what? Shut your fucking mouth. I'm not going to start this crap again with you and you have no right to tell him what I'm trying to do. All I intended was to increase the IkexElincia fanbase, regardless of who got paired with who in the game. And frankly, GeoffreyxElincia is boring (since, as you just said, we already have a good knight/princess pairing), as well as plain wrong and out of the blue. Ike and Elincia were set up nicely in PoR and then it got ruined in RD. A LOT of fans were disappointed with this when RD came around from what I know.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Personally I think you shouldn't be suggesting games to people just for the pairings. The best part of the Tellius games is not a non-existent love pairing. Tellius is my favorite FE setting though, mostly because the laguz are pretty well developed and differentiate the setting from other FEs.

I'll post whenever I want to, thank you very much.

When did I say I only wanted him to play the games just for a pairing? Never. I meant that if he plays the Tellius games, I hope he prefers IkexElincia, despite that they didn't get the ending they deserved. And I also never said you weren't allowed to post. I said you weren't allowed to decide what I was telling him, thank you very much.

Honestly, now I really hope IS makes a third Tellius game where Elincia dumps Geoffrey for Ike (I don't care how she does it) just so I can rub it in your face. Why? Because you've really been annoying me in this thread with the whole Ike vs Geoffrey xElincia debate, constantly trying to trash mine and Narga's theories after we both put so much effort into putting them together. I spent hours evaluating the likelihood of my hidden romance theory and fitting Narga's forgetful Elincia theory into the mix. I can accept that you don't believe it, but constantly arguing against them by telling us we're wrong and our theories are garbage (not your exact words, but you pretty much implied it) really really HURTS.

Personally I think you shouldn't be suggesting games to people just for the pairings. The best part of the Tellius games is not a non-existent love pairing.

I agree with you on this. Playing the games just for the pairings is probably the most retarded concept I've ever heard. It's like going to a concert just for a couple of cheap snacks you can buy on the streets. But I don't think she's suggesting to play the games just because of the pairing. She just wants more people to support her ideal pairing. Which I do find to also be quite ridiculous tbh. It's stuff like this that gives fangirls a pretty bad name.

As I said, I wasn't telling him to play the games only for pairings. I apologize if it seemed that way, but that was not my intent.

EDIT: To be honest, who wouldn't want people to support their favorite pairings?

Edited by Eternal Bond

You're giving him false information, by at least implying that the pairing is actually canonical. Sure it would be cool if Ike shot dragons with a bazooka too, but it doesn't actually happen.

I'm sorry your theories are illogical? Not sure what to say here, I think you have invested a little too much time and energy into imagining the relationship of video game characters (not even particularly well written ones, given how little screentime FE characters get compared to other RPGs). I can't really just let you spout off about how Ike and Elincia are true lovers forever or whatnot, because it's contrary to fact.

I don't care what pairings people support, as long as they make sense.

Edited by -Cynthia-

No, I am not. Nowhere in my post did it say or imply that IkexElincia was canon. Also, there you go again, basically telling me my theories are garbage. If they were illogical, I wouldn't have valid evidence to back them up. You're just too stubborn to accept that your favorite pairing might not stay canon forever. But that's understandable. I myself feel stubborn to accept if Geoffrey and Elincia stay together.

And if you don't care what pairings people support as long as they make sense, then you shouldn't care that I support IkexElincia. They make perfect sense if you take away the weird marriage between Geoffrey and Elincia (which was probably not done for love anyway). And as I implied above, IS still can make that happen. No matter what the likelihood of it is, it can still happen.

Ike went off to a different continent. Elincia married another guy and ruled Crimea (remembered as a golden age, so it's not like she left after 2 years). Ike was never heard from again. The conflicting epilogues make the pairing impossible.

Favorite pairing? I don't remember saying that. I like it as much as SothexMicaiah or LeannexNaesala, it's canon and it had setup.

Could IS change it? Yes, but they would have to overwrite what they've already done. They could also decide that Ashera actually just killed everyone and Tellius is a massive graveyard, but we don't treat that as something that actually happened. There are a lot of technical possibilities for what they could decide to change, but it makes more sense to go on what was actually given.

IS making another Tellius game seems pretty unlikely, they tied up the loose ends by the end of RD pretty nicely. Not to mention they don't like to linger in one world for too long. Also, if the game is in Tellius we won't see Ike (he left and was never heard from again) and if involves Ike on a new continent we won't see Elincia(she's on Tellius ruling Crimea).

You're giving him false information, by at least implying that the pairing is actually canonical. Sure it would be cool if Ike shot dragons with a bazooka too, but it doesn't actually happen.

I'm sorry your theories are illogical? Not sure what to say here, I think you have invested a little too much time and energy into imagining the relationship of video game characters (not even particularly well written ones, given how little screentime FE characters get compared to other RPGs). I can't really just let you spout off about how Ike and Elincia are true lovers forever or whatnot, because it's contrary to fact.

I don't care what pairings people support, as long as they make sense.

Um, how is asking someone to be a fan of Elincia x Ike remotely like what you are stating she did? Besides, people are fans of Marcia x Kieran. I don't see you blasting them for being a fan of it. I guess when you aren't devoted to having one of the members of a pairing with someone else you are nicer about non-canon pairings. And before you bring up Geoffrey x Elincia, keep in mind

a: other games have made multiple pairings for the same character (see: Roy)

b: Geoffrey x Elincia only happens in the event of an A support

It's not like PoR has nothing to suggest the possibility. If she was stubbornly supporting Ike x Ena or something that neither game ever indicates is a remote possibility it would be one thing for you to be so disrespectful. At least Ike x Elincia is reasonable. No less reasonable than many other pairings that have been brought up in this topic without you having to be a bitch about it.

as for leaving, couples don't always stay together forever. some of the fe6 or 7 pairings hint at the couple not actually getting to be together, don't they?

Edited by Narga_Rocks

If we're going by this logic, then IkexElincia never happens seeing as neither of their endings even change even if they do have an A support with each other.

Um, how is asking someone to be a fan of Elincia x Ike remotely like what you are stating she did? Besides, people are fans of Marcia x Kieran. I don't see you blasting them for being a fan of it. I guess when you aren't devoted to having one of the members of a pairing with someone else you are nicer about non-canon pairings. And before you bring up Geoffrey x Elincia, keep in mind

Marciax Kieran is not contrary to fact, it *could* happen given both of their epilogues. Now if Kieran left for Hatari forever and Marcia lived in Begnion the rest of her life I would have issues with it.

a: other games have made multiple pairings for the same character (see: Roy

Ike has multiple pairings. Neither of them is Elincia.

Elincia may not have married Geoffrey, or she may have found a different suitor (though the fact that Geoffrey is her only possible partner makes her marrying Geoffrey more plausible than marrying Bastian or something, though marrying another (playable) character without mentioning them is fishy). Cannot be Ike though, since he's not around.

It's not like PoR has nothing to suggest the possibility. If she was stubbornly supporting Ike x Ena or something that neither game ever indicates is a remote possibility it would be one thing for you to be so disrespectful. At least Ike x Elincia is reasonable. No less reasonable than many other pairings that have been brought up in this topic without you having to be a bitch about it.

It's *sort of* reasonable (I would say Geoffrey is clearly her romantic candidate in RD, but that's a whole other bag of worms), but it also cannot happen without IS rewriting their epilogues, which is an issue.

as for leaving, couples don't always stay together forever. some of the fe6 or 7 pairings hint at the couple not actually getting to be together, don't they?

Not really a pairing anymore then are they?

Supporting IkexElincia is like supporting HarryxHermione to me and telling people to read HP so they can support HarryxHermione is just not right.

Edited by -Cynthia-

If we're going by this logic, then IkexElincia never happens seeing as neither of their endings even change even if they do have an A support with each other.

How do you figure that? That would mean nobody ever happens. What I was saying is that the existence of Geoffrey x Elincia does not make Ike x Elincia impossible. That's not exactly complicated. How else would you explain Roy in fe6? Does Roy x Lilina make Roy x Sue impossible? Um, looks like nobody told I.S. that.

Edited by Narga_Rocks