FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

How do you figure that? That would mean nobody ever happens. What I was saying is that the existence of Geoffrey x Elincia does not make Ike x Elincia impossible. That's not exactly complicated. How else would you explain Roy in fe6? Does Roy x Lilina make Roy x Sue impossible? Um, looks like nobody told I.S. that.

Roy X Lilina : there is an ending.

Roy X Sue : there is an ending.

Same with Sophia, Cecilia, Thany and Lalum.

Geoffrey X Elincia : there is an ending.

Ike X Elincia : there is no ending.

Simple enough.

Edited by Dio

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy X Lilina : there is an ending.

Roy X Sue : there is an ending.

Same with Sophia, Cecilia, Thany and Lalum.

Geoffrey X Elincia : there is an ending.

Ike X Elincia : there is no ending.

Simple enough.

so then Kieran x Marcia is invalidated. Everything else without an ending is invalidated. Look, unless you want to throw out everything that isn't an official pairing, that argument sucks massively.

Not really a pairing anymore then are they?

Are Guy and Priscilla actually together? I thought it looked like they went their separate ways. Are they not a pairing?

Heath and Priscilla technically have a promise, but Elincia could run off when she's 80 to find Ike.

Isadora and Legault end up as enemies 10 years later. Hardly seems pairingly.

Renault and Isadora. Renault VANISHES.

Harken and Vaida

Jaffar and Nino

so then Kieran x Marcia is invalidated. Everything else without an ending is invalidated. Look, unless you want to throw out everything that isn't an official pairing, that argument sucks massively.

Exactly. I don't spend my time making fan pairings. Kieran X Marcia may have some fans, but since it's obviously not implied in game, why would there be a pairing? The pairing was simply built by the players who felt they had potential together, that's it.

Exactly. I don't spend my time making fan pairings. Kieran X Marcia may have some fans, but since it's obviously not implied in game, why would there be a pairing? The pairing was simply built by the players who felt they had potential together, that's it.

Then what are you doing posting in a topic about any pairings rather than just canon pairings?

First post:

So, I figured that I'd try restarting this topic since I enjoyed a lot of the discussions that occurred in the last one (And I apologize profusely for posting again in the other one. I hadn't realized that it had been too long since the last post in that thread. I am so sorry for that. I hope that no one is too angry with me :().

I guess that I'll begin with a recap of my own favorites to try to get things started.

FE1/3/11

Marth/Caeda

Cain/Catria

Elice/Cain

Palla/Abel

Linde/Merric

Navarre/Feena (which has started growing on me more recently)

FE2

Alm/Cellica

May/Boey

Jenny/Saber

Zeke/Teeta (sort of)

FE6

Roy/Lilina

Roy/Sofia

Tate/Alan

Sofia/Ray

Cecilia/Percival

FE7

Fiora/Kent

Lyn/Kent

Hector/Florina

Hector/Lyn (on and off)

Eliwood/Ninian

Pent/Louise

FE8

Seth/Eirika

Innes/Eirika

Vanessa/Forde

Syrene/Kyle

Ephraim/L'Arachel

Franz/Amelia

Lute/Artur

Clearly, this topic was never designed to be canon only.

I'm confused now... I'm going to find a good torrent to download the games by the way....

I'll see what I can decide by the time I play the game...

ON TOPIC:

Innes X L'Arachel, cause the supports are hysterically funny! Another support which is hilarious for my taste is Lute and Knoll.... XDD

Are Guy and Priscilla actually together? I thought it looked like they went their separate ways. Are they not a pairing?

Heath and Priscilla technically have a promise, but Elincia could run off when she's 80 to find Ike.

Isadora and Legault end up as enemies 10 years later. Hardly seems pairingly.

Renault and Isadora. Renault VANISHES.

Harken and Vaida

Jaffar and Nino

Even though most of those pairings had a rather bad ending the people involved in those pairings still had some sort of feeling for each other.

Clearly, this topic was never designed to be canon only.

But the current argument of this topic is what's canon and what's not.

Even though most of those pairings had a rather bad ending the people involved in those pairings still had some sort of feeling for each other.

And Ike x Elincia showed feeling for each other in PoR. Your point? Ike leaving the continent does not preclude Ike x Elincia being a type of pairing if the rest of those are pairings.

But the current argument of this topic is what's canon and what's not.

That's because it's the only real point you can make against Ike x Elincia. If your goal is to crush the dreams of Eternal Bond and I, it's clearly what you've decided is the easiest way. Fall back on what I.S. said. Oh yeah, great argument.

KieranxMarcia is possible, but not canon by any stretch.

Meh, depends on how we're defining pairing here. I define it is "committed relationship", which would only make things like Jaffar and Nino a pairing (the kids and all). Guy and Priscilla don't really count in my book, though they did love each other (the game tells you so, which is pretty key), they weren't actually able to be together (forced to break up).

Ike and Elincia obviously didn't do the marriage and kids deal. Ike also left for new lands for exploration purposes, not really the best reason to leave someone you supposedly love. Also, you think if they wanted to do some sort of forced breakup love story stuff (which involves Ike leaving the continent he's the hero of?), they would have actually mentioned something.

I'm really only arguing that IS says IkexElincia didn't happen and they made the game so it's their decision. Whether it's "good" or not is largely subjective, though I object to things like "Ike and Elincia were obviously in love" and "Geoffrey and Elincia came out of nowhere".

Edited by -Cynthia-

I can accept that you don't believe it, but constantly arguing against them by telling us we're wrong and our theories are garbage (not your exact words, but you pretty much implied it) really really HURTS.

In which case it probably would be better to stay silent then. Any assertion made is subject to criticism and if such actually hurts you, then you're only hurting yourself by continuing with all of this.

To be honest, who wouldn't want people to support their favorite pairings?

I wouldn't.

Then what are you doing posting in a topic about any pairings rather than just canon pairings?

Explaining why the reasoning used by a certain couple to bring up out of the blue arguments such as Elincia not marrying Geoffrey out of love and only for political reasons which has little to no validity. The issue is NOT whether or not Ike x Elincia is canon or whether or not it's bad to like that pairing, it's the assertions that were made.

Just like it's fine to say that Lucia's your favorite Trueblade, it's fine to say Ike x Elincia is your favorite pairing but just like how you're bound to get arguments against the assertion that Lucia is the best Trueblade, you're bound to get arguments against some of the assertions you and EB have made (again, "Elincia married Geoffrey for political reasons", forgetful Elincia theory, etc).

I'm hoping these arguments die soon because it's making me come up with material to call Ike a troll >_>.

Edited by Sirius

KieranxMarcia is possible, but not canon by any stretch.

Meh, depends on how we're defining pairing here. I define it is "committed relationship", which would only make things like Jaffar and Nino a pairing (the kids and all). Guy and Priscilla don't really count in my book, though they did love each other (the game tells you so), they weren't actually able to be together (forced to break up).

Ike and Elincia obviously didn't do the marriage and kids deal. Ike also left for new lands for exploration purposes, not really the best reason to leave someone you supposedly love. Also, you think if they wanted to do some sort of forced breakup love story stuff (which involves Ike leaving the continent he's the hero of?), they would have actually mentioned something.

True, Jaffar and Nino actually managed to get married first. The children thing, though, is just a question of success vs. failure. The potential parents don't have 100% control over that.

I do wonder, though: doesn't that make Nino a bad mother? Jaffar left to protect his family. Maybe not the right choice, maybe the right choice. Nino apparently cared more about Jaffar than Lugh and Ray and left them in an orphanage (those are supposed to be her kids, right?).

And Ike x Elincia showed feeling for each other in PoR. Your point? Ike leaving the continent does not preclude Ike x Elincia being a type of pairing if the rest of those are pairings.

It was more one-sided, if anything. Ike hardly shows emotions, In both games not counting the period when his father was still "freshly" dead.

That's because it's the only real point you can make against Ike x Elincia. If your goal is to crush the dreams of Eternal Bond and I, it's clearly what you've decided is the easiest way. Fall back on what I.S. said. Oh yeah, great argument.

You guys are also debating that IkexElincia is canon, you guys didn't intend on keeping it as a "fan" pairing but instead arguing and coming up with all these points trying to justify your reasons for why it should be a canon pairing. I personally don't support any pairing because fanboying/girling over ANY pairing for me is just not right. But I do back up GeoffreyxElincia because that has more evidence to being canon and the statements you guys have been throwing to defend your pairing were pretty bs along with posts that are just very easy to counter. Although I will say I'm rather surprised I even threw myself into this argument to begin with.

But anyways, if you guys seriously consider it a dream to have IkexElincia canon then I'm sorry but you guys need help, bad.

True, Jaffar and Nino actually managed to get married first. The children thing, though, is just a question of success vs. failure. The potential parents don't have 100% control over that.

I do wonder, though: doesn't that make Nino a bad mother? Jaffar left to protect his family. Maybe not the right choice, maybe the right choice. Nino apparently cared more about Jaffar than Lugh and Ray and left them in an orphanage (those are supposed to be her kids, right?).

Meh I didn't mean having kids= pairing, but I think they got married and such and were together for a few years.

I believe if you pair ErkxNino, she's the one having assassins hound her and have to run away, so that might happen when paired with Jaffar too. Though that brings up the question of why Erk doesn't raise the kids himself in Erk/Nino. There are a lot of continuity issues between 6/7 probably because of game order.

Edited by -Cynthia-

It was more one-sided, if anything. Ike hardly shows emotions, In both games not counting the period when his father was still "freshly" dead.

Would you even consider the "feelings" Elincia has for love anyway? To me she clearly sees him more as a role model and a savior, not as a lover.

You guys are also debating that IkexElincia is canon, you guys didn't intend on keeping it as a "fan" pairing but instead arguing and coming up with all these points trying to justify your reasons for why it should be a canon pairing. I personally don't support any pairing because fanboying/girling over ANY pairing for me is just not right. But I do back up GeoffreyxElincia because that has more evidence to being canon and the statements you guys have been throwing to defend your pairing were pretty bs along with posts that are just very easy to counter. Although I will say I'm rather surprised I even threw myself into this argument to begin with.

But anyways, if you guys seriously consider it a dream to have IkexElincia canon then I'm sorry but you guys need help, bad.

We are just trying to show how it is possible. possibility is not the same as canon. When did I ever try to call it canon? Geoffrey x Elincia is a canon pairing (their only canon pairing). I think Geoffrey's a twit and thus take great pleasure in the fact that it is inefficient to create that pairing. Ike x Elincia, however, is a reasonable possibility (not for marriage, but at least for something beyond friends to happen between them). I'm not saying it's canon. If people can say "I like sofia x Ray" and not get told "THAT'S NOT CANON!!!!!" then why can't I say the same about Ike x Elincia? Granted, since people didn't insult them for it they never had to defend the possibility like EB and I are doing for Ike x Elincia, but I for one am not attempting to claim it to be canon.

Oh, and apparently Erk is a bad father, then. I didn't read that one. Oh well. You are right about order of games issues. They were kinda stuck when they made those two orphans. No matter what they had to end up with no parents.

Would you even consider the "feelings" Elincia has for love anyway? To me she clearly sees him more as a role model and a savior, not as a lover.

I'd kinda consider them love. I don't doubt Elincia has feelings for Ike but Ike never returns those feelings. I mean shit, even SorenxIke or even TibarnxElincia has more evidence than IkexElincia.

"I like sofia x Ray" and not get told "THAT'S NOT CANON!!!!!"

That's because the people don't care enough. And if I recall, EB started this whole argument when ElinciaxGeoffrey got mentioned and started throwing hissy fits over it.

Edit: Lulz, I just noticed I said IkexGeoffrey instead of ElinciaxGeoffrey. Damn I'm getting tired.

Edited by Joey

Sophia x Ray would actually fail under the same criteria I guess, since Sophia "returns to Nabata and is never seen again", while Ray "travels the world honing his skills". Though I guess it's possible that she stays home and takes care of the kids or something while he travels.

Also it's hard to judge most FE6 pairs on the same standard. For some reason they only gave paired endings to Roy, so any secondary characters together are automatically left out, even if they're obvious (and I mean obvious). Fir and Noah for example, essentially admit their love for each other by A support, but have no paired ending. Thus you can't really expect any paired endings for FE6 people besides Roy.

We are just trying to show how it is possible. possibility is not the same as canon. When did I ever try to call it canon?

There's this:

We're not saying anything we think is canon. It's just what we believe to be most likely true, whether it's fiction or not. We're basing this off evidence.

Canon:

A canon, in terms of a fictional universe, is a body of material that is considered to be "genuine" or "official".
A canon pairing is a romantic/sexual relationship legitimately proven or highly supported throughout the series/show/novel that the characters interact in.

You and EB have been trying to validate the pairing the whole time, even going as far to say that it's more genuine than Elincia x Geoffrey which is the "official" pairing for Elincia. Even though you believe that you're not trying to say it's canon, it's basically what you've been doing (for the most part) in regards to this.

And this is why I think it's possible that Ike is actually hiding his true feelings and is good at it (though not good enough to hide them from me, apparently. XD). Notice how only two characters out of both games ever hint that they think Ike loves Elincia. Those two would be Ranulf and Shinon. Ranulf has quite a good intellect from what we know, since he was the first to figure out who the Black Knight was. I can definitely see him figuring out Ike likes Elincia. As for Shinon, yeah he's drunk and acting psycho when he says to Ike "yer in love with a pwetty wittle princess," but take a look at Ike's reaction to that. Nothing. He merely changes the subject. In fact, he did the exact same thing when Ranulf barged in on him and Elincia and said "this is quite a romantic setting!" Too reluctant to reveal your true thoughts, Ike?

Is that really why you left Melior and therefore, left Elincia? Did you think that was best for her and just use your dislike of noble customs as an excuse? I can definitely see that. Sure, you may not care about the opinions of the nobles and should seemingly forget about what they'd think of you and Elincia together, but could that still get in the way? You may not care what the nobles think, but what if they care about what you think or what Elincia thinks? That could result in trouble. And to top it off, Geoffrey could get jealous. Who knows, maybe he isn't the jealous type after all, but you don't know that, do you, Ike? ;)

And what about your decision to leave Tellius forever? There can't be much to explore if a lot of continents were sunk beneath the sea during the Great Flood. Perhaps that was yet another excuse, but you really had your heart broken because Elincia married a pansy named Geoffrey. Understandable. As I've always said, I'd want to drop off the face of the earth too if the one I loved married someone else.

EDIT: When I said that, I didn't mean I believed Ike and Elincia were canon, actually. I meant that I believed Elincia really loved Ike and married Geoffrey for political reasons.

Edited by Eternal Bond

Sophia x Ray would actually fail under the same criteria I guess, since Sophia "returns to Nabata and is never seen again", while Ray "travels the world honing his skills". Though I guess it's possible that she stays home and takes care of the kids or something while he travels.

Also it's hard to judge most FE6 pairs on the same standard. For some reason they only gave paired endings to Roy, so any secondary characters together are automatically left out, even if they're obvious (and I mean obvious). Fir and Noah for example, essentially admit their love for each other by A support, but have no paired ending. Thus you can't really expect any paired endings for FE6 people besides Roy.

They left a lot out for fe10, too. Them ignoring the possibility for multiple Elincia pairings aside, they tossed out a fair number of other possibilities as well. Aran x Laura, Marcia x Kieran (though sorry, EB, I don't support this one due to irrational Kieran hatred), probably some others. It's not as bad as fe6, of course, since we still got some other pairings out of it (less than 10 or more than 10? I forget), but they certainly didn't do nearly as much as fe7. FE7 and FE8 had more paired endings than any of the others.

Actually, what is interesting is that the topic creator had only canon pairings for fe7 and fe8. I guess that shows that they covered a fair number of the possible pairings for that game.

@Sirius

Actually, it's more that I'm saying that based on what happened during the games (ignoring endings), Geoffrey x Elincia is more irrational than Ike x Elincia. Everything leading up to the ending would make ie more likely than ge, then the designers flipped it on its head. That's not claiming ie to be canon.

"A canon, in terms of a fictional universe, is a body of material that is considered to be "genuine" or "official"."

I like this one. I'm perfectly aware that the "genuine" or "official" pairing is Elincia x Geoffrey. I just think I.S. is off their rocker. What I find cool about it is that even in their stupidity they set up a way that Elincia x Ike is still her preferred pairing, so I thought it was worth pointing out how. Then stuff happened and it just didn't work out for them. EB points out that maybe down the road Elincia wakes up and runs off to find Ike. Due to the golden age thing, she'd have to be at least 50 before she clues in, though, but it's still possible. Hey, maybe Geoffrey dies or something and the two of them had a son old enough to be King so she goes off to find Ike. Yeah, yeah, I know, this is entering fanfic territory, but it's not like they made it impossible.

Besides, a lot of the arguments were about "before the endings, what is more reasonable". That's part of explaining how it is a reasonable pairing. That's not claiming it is canon.

Actually, I think Elincia could run off merely days or weeks after RD ended. Her golden age that is remembered could be the three, maybe couple more years she ruled before deciding she needed to find Ike. Heck, I have her run off a couple months after RD in my fanfic. :P

Narga is right on the dot though.

The problem with the "political reasons" thing is that it really has no support from anything ingame. Ike has peerage. Ike is the hero everyone loves more than sliced bread at the end of PoR, and he's more respected by the end of RD. Also, I think the point of part 2 of RD was that Elincia cares a lot less what the nobles think. Even so there's still the fact that she's marrying a noble and hero of the country, which isn't scandalous in the least given Ike's popularity.

You cannot have a golden age declared after a 3 month rule. That just doesn't work. It's not an "age" for one.

As for the waiting a long time...I suppose this is *possible*, though it's striking me as pretty odd. Not sure how in the world she would expect to find him after so long, and "never heard from again" doesn't give many clues. Plus, after all that time, any feelings that may have existed have likely died out, especialy if she would be married and having children with another man for 30 years or so.

I like this one. I'm perfectly aware that the "genuine" or "official" pairing is Elincia x Geoffrey. I just think I.S. is off their rocker. What I find cool about it is that even in their stupidity they set up a way that Elincia x Ike is still her preferred pairing, so I thought it was worth pointing out how. Then stuff happened and it just didn't work out for them. EB points out that maybe down the road Elincia wakes up and runs off to find Ike. Due to the golden age thing, she'd have to be at least 50 before she clues in, though, but it's still possible. Hey, maybe Geoffrey dies or something and the two of them had a son old enough to be King so she goes off to find Ike. Yeah, yeah, I know, this is entering fanfic territory, but it's not like they made it impossible.

Eliwood x Nils is possible because they didn't make it impossible for Eliwood to get some sort of Dragon fetish and leave Ninian at some point because he wanted to go for something more out of the ordinary so he chased after Nils, found him and lived happily ever after... until Eliwood went for a Dragon loli.

Hey, IS didn't make this impossible.

Actually, I think Elincia could run off merely days or weeks after RD ended. Her golden age that is remembered could be the three, maybe couple more years she ruled before deciding she needed to find Ike. Heck, I have her run off a couple months after RD in my fanfic. :P

Narga is right on the dot though.

I disagree with only a few weeks, but there are cases where people rule, get tossed out, the following rulers are terrible people, and everyone remembers the good ruler that they got rid of. Oops. Often that ruler is only around for a few months or years. And the senate certainly wanted to get rid of her.

But again, that's definitely Fanfic territory. I like just analyzing what is written without adding too much to it.