FE Pairings

PenandPaper71

Gurgurant in FE9 also had 20 weight, and in FE9 Alondite and Ragnell had 18 weight each, so FE10 Gurgurant might be heavier? It doesn't appear again in FE10 (which is odd, since you'd think someone would hold on to an indestructible 25mt 1-2 range sword that negates criticals and has 90 hit).

Steel Poleaxes also have 20 weight, as does the Arbalest and Fenrir.

I'm assuming Gurgurant is a Prf weapon either tied to Ashnard or the ruler of Daein at the time, and all the potential rulers of Daein in 10 are magic users of some sort so it wouldn't get used then anyway.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it makes you happy.

It doesn't really, but if that's the logic being used, why shouldn't it be applied equally? We should at least be fair.

Not just not my intent, not bashing period. You wouldn't call it bashing if I said Gatrie is a super playboy sex maniac. So why does it degrade into offensive when the genders are reversed?

The words you chose first off. Slut has a very negative connotation while playboy does not (It's more neutral and takes it's meaning from the way it's used). Second off, Gatrie actually does actually chase women in the game, even if he doesn't get many, while there is no real evidence that Caeda does. You have one innocent flirtation and then nothing else but supports that are vague at the best of times (And are most likely intended to show loyalty considering most of the one-sided supports seem to indicate loyalty, hence all the Marth and Caeda supports).

And I'm not trying to be aggressive in return, but...well, you kind of hit a nerve. People are way too taboo about sex and about half of the people who are are banging somebody silly back home. Touchy subject with me.

And I'm trying to keep this as polite as I can (I hope that I'm succeeding), but you hit a nerve with me as well. Slut definition- 1.a dirty, slovenly woman. 2.an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute.

What part of that is not an insult?

Even if you didn't really intend it as an insult or as bashing, it is one. Try calling some woman on the street a "slut" and see what happens. It's not a nice word and I hate seeing it thrown around so freely (Especially when other people will take it and use it to rip apart her character and they do). I don't think that I'm being terribly uptight about sex here (That's actually not the issue at all for me), but I am displeased by the use of the insult (Even if you didn't intend it as an insult), particularly with as little evidence as there is for such a thing.

Anyway, can we just leave this alone? We're well off-topic and I hadn't intended for my offhanded comment to turn into this. I apologize if I've caused any offense.

Edit: Fixed a misplaced question mark.

Edited by Spring

It doesn't really, but if that's the logic being used, why shouldn't it be applied equally? We should at least be fair.

Does "If it makes you happy" mean no?

The words you chose first off. Slut has a very negative connotation

There's another word for...those like her? Besides, it's just a word.

You have one innocent flirtation and then nothing else but supports that are vague at the best of times

More supports than anybody else in the game, all from the opposite sex. It's not that hard to see where the fan interpretation comes from.

2.an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute.

What part of that is not an insult?

What part of prostitution is "immoral"? I don't care to hear "because it's illegal", either.

Try calling some woman on the street a "slut" and see what happens.

You make it sound like I call every single woman I meet a slut. Only the fictional characters who have the context for it.

I hate seeing it thrown around so freely (Especially when other people will take it and use it to rip apart her characte

I'm not using it freely, and as I said, it makes her character for me, not rip it apart.

Anyway, can we just leave this alone. We're well off-topic and I hadn't intended for my offhanded comment to turn into this?

Eh.

Ah, I see. Still, no weapon seems to be heavier than 20 wt, though I wonder how Ragnell and Alondite gained two points in three years. xP

That's not all that happened to Ragnell and Alondite. They also lost the ability to negate non-wrath criticals. Playing fe9, I think I liked that part more than the 1-2 range bit they had, to be honest. And crits are even more common in fe10 due to higher enemy skill and more enemies with bonuses to crit.

Either those two swords were amazingly powerful (tons of special abilities) when first blessed and nearly featherlight and this degrading of the blessing over the past 3 years is just normal, or something happened to the blessing in the past 3 years causing it to degrade and make the blades weigh 2 more and lose their crit-negating ability.

Also, I wonder how a bunch of characters lost the ability to prevent crits on other characters.

On the bottom

That was a really cool feature. Also probably would have made soren a bit better on HM in RD. And it would make chapter 3-9 safer to beat thanks to Kieran being immune when adjacent to Geoffrey.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

@Cody Travers- As I pointed out, this is not the proper thread for this, so I would prefer not to continue this conversation (Plus, this is starting to get nasty, so I'd like to stop this before it deteriorates further). All I really wish to see is Caeda's character treated with the barest amount of respect (In general. That's not specifically aimed at you), but this is not the proper place to discuss this. I apologize if what I said offended you as I never intended that.

And I apologize to anyone else I may have offended, just in case I have.

Moving on to the actual topic of this thread, another pairing I've become weirdly fond of recently is Ogma/Minerva (As odd as that sounds). I actually think that they'd have an interesting dynamic (A couple pieces of fanart were what brought the idea to mind and I've been intrigued by the idea ever since). Minerva/Jeorge is also rather intriguing (I've seen it done well in one fanfic).

Edited to fix grammar.

Edited by Spring

I spy no instance of the name Miranda in this thread so I'll just go ahead and throw Leaf x Miranda. I can see her being a tsundere.

On the subject of Miranda, I personally pair MirandaxCarrion. He seems like someone with enough patience to tolerate her. Though MirandaxLeaf is rather cute. ^_^

Edited by Swordsalmon

Hey, I have an idea. Let's list our top five/ten/whatever favorite pairings in the whole series. :3

1. Ike/Elincia (obviously lol)

2. Kieran/Marcia

3. Seth/Eirika

4. Eliwood/Lyn

5. Rolf/Mist

I only have a top five, really. xP

That's a good idea. ^_^ That's actually surprisingly hard. Hm... I'll do top ten... because I can't manage it in just five. :P

1&2) Marth/Caeda and Cain/Catria (They tie as my favorite which is why they're listed together)

3) Lilina/Roy

4) Alan/Tate

5) Palla/Abel

6) Seth/Eirika

7) Eliwood/Ninian

8) Linde/Merric

9) Syrene/Kyle

10) Alm/Cellica

I'm really not surprised by some of the age-gaps in the pairings that are possible since this series comes from Japan, which is the country that gave us the pairing between middle school student Sailor Moon and college student Tuxedo Mask, as well as the pairing in Cardcaptor Sakura of Sakura's 10-year old classmate and their teacher. To quote directly from TV Tropes & Idioms: Values Dissonance "In general, older men dating younger girls is considered acceptable in Japan. In a Hot For Student plot, for example, it's the teacher/student relationship that usually makes the relationship forbidden, not the age gap. Most of the time, though not always, once the student graduates they can be in a relationship and no one will object, even if the student is in middle school." Just ctrl+f down to the Sailor Moon section if you want to see that for yourself... Albeit, that doesn't get rid of the squick factor for some of us westerners.

Top 5 FE Pairs who get Paired Endings

1.Lute/Artur

2.Nino/Jaffar

3.Eliwood/Ninian

4.Seth/Erika

5.Lyn/Hector

Special Mention: Leila/Matthew - I just assumed he couldn't get a paired ending with someone else till I read this thread, and I find what little we see of their relationship to be very touching...

Top Pairings that Don't get a Paired Ending

1.Sain/Serra

2.Raven/Rebecca

3.Rhys/Titania

4.Rolf/Mist

5.Lethe/Zihark

Meg/Zihark

Ilyana/Food

I haven't done the Ike/Elincia supports in POR yet, and I don't want to spoil them for myself, so the jury is still out for me on that particular debate, albeit they do build up the relationship a lot in the cut scenes in POR. Yet again, I find myself wishing that they'd stuck with the typical support system in Radiant Dawn - I always loved the fact that some characters in the gba games have multiple viable love interests because I'm not completely sold on the whole soul mate concept.

My top 5 (in no real order):

Sigurd/Deidre

Cuan/Ethlin

Geoffrey/Elincia

Roy/Lilina

Eliwood/Ninian

Honorable Mentions:

Ninian(Nana)/Camus/Sirus

Leaf/Nanna

Ray/Sophia

Rutgar/Clarina

Klein/Tate

Rhys/Mia

Pent/Louise

Marth/Shiida(Caeda)

Here's my top ten as well:

1. Hector X Lyn

2. Levin X Fury

3. Eliwood X Ninian

4. Sety X Tinny

5. Roy X Lilina

6. Klein X Tate

7. Rutger X Clarine

8. Ray X Sophia

9. Merric X Elice

10. Marth X Caeda

I haven't done the Ike/Elincia supports in POR yet, and I don't want to spoil them for myself, so the jury is still out for me on that particular debate, albeit they do build up the relationship a lot in the cut scenes in POR. Yet again, I find myself wishing that they'd stuck with the typical support system in Radiant Dawn - I always loved the fact that some characters in the gba games have multiple viable love interests because I'm not completely sold on the whole soul mate concept.

I haven't either, actually, but their conversations in the game and Shinon's accusation of Ike being in love with Elincia as well as Ranulf barging in on the two while they were having alone time was another reason I grew so fond of that pairing. :3

Ike and Elincia are just that adorable together and I still thought they were in RD too. I especially loved the end of the game where Elincia and Ike went home together. That was sweet. :3

I even like how Elincia cries out "my noble Ike" in her death quote in part 4 endgame of RD. That just screams romantic in my ears. x3

Picking a top 5 from that massive list of mine is hard.

I'm going with top 7 in no particular order.

1. Rutger x Clarine

2. Seth x Eirika

3. Eliwood x Ninian

4. Matthew x Leila

5. Zeiss x Ellen

6. Levin x Fury

7. Cuan x Ethlin

I haven't either, actually, but their conversations in the game and Shinon's accusation of Ike being in love with Elincia as well as Ranulf barging in on the two while they were having alone time was another reason I grew so fond of that pairing. :3Ike and Elincia are just that adorable together and I still thought they were in RD too. I especially loved the end of the game where Elincia and Ike went home together. That was sweet. :3I even like how Elincia cries out "my noble Ike" in her death quote in part 4 endgame of RD. That just screams romantic in my ears. x3

They certainly are cute together, and I find it really strange that it's not even an option for Ike to get with Elincia in the end of RD. If they didn't want them together, it would've been nice if they'd given them an ending kind of like Lucia and Bastian's ending instead of nothing - perhaps something along the lines of Elincia always being fond of him even though he never returned her feelings, or Ike loving adventure too much to be stuck in one place for long or the like. Ah well, I guess this is just further evidence that IS dropped the ball on relationships in POR - they also missed the classic childhood friends pairing (AranXLaura) among others that have been mentioned in this thread.

I'd prefer it to be an option, so both Ike/Elincia fans AND Geoffrey/Elincia fans are happy. But noooo, IS had to be lazy. >_>

Not only lazy, but also choose to only include the lamer pairing. If they had to only make one pairing, why couldn't it be the good one?

Yeah. Ike/Elincia seems to be more popular anyway. I've seen many FE pairing videos on YouTube, for example, and I only recall one ever showing Geoffrey/Elincia while more than several showed at least one image of Ike/Elincia, some of which were top ten/some other number favorites. Clearly more people acknowledge the hero and the princess/queen than a knight and the same princess/queen, at least as far as I know. I've also seen a lot more Ike/Elincia fanart than Geoffrey/Elincia and when I'M NOT EVEN LOOKING FOR IT. xP

Top Five Pairings.

1: HectorXFarina (shut up, I know I said Lyn earlier goddammit)

2: FordeXEirika

3: GerikXTethys

4: LowenXRebecca

5: ShinonXTitania SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN OPTION DAMMIT.

Hey, I have an idea. Let's list our top five/ten/whatever favorite pairings in the whole series. :3

I'll do Top Ten as five is too little for me, heh...

1. Hector x Lyn

2. Ike x Elincia

3. Kieran x Marcia

4. Rolf x Mist

5. Rhys x Mia

6. Eliwood x Ninian

7. Seth x Eirika

8. Wil x Rebecca

9. Joshua x Natasha

10. Roy x Lilina

Top Five Pairings.

1: HectorXFarina (shut up, I know I said Lyn earlier goddammit)

2: FordeXEirika

3: GerikXTethys

4: LowenXRebecca

5: ShinonXTitania SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN OPTION DAMMIT.

YAAGH I TOTALLY AGREE. D:

The subject at hand!

1. Innes/Vanessa

2. Ephraim/Tana

3. Haar/Jill

4. Naesala/Leanne

5. Seth/Eirika

Last four can really go in any order and are likely prone to changing somewhere in the near future but we'll go with this.

And, since it seems to be something to note in this thread, I'm on the Geoffrey/Elincia side of things.