Best/Worst in the Series: Round 40

Best: Miledy is made of Epic. Cormag and Altenna comes in a close second though.

Worst: Valter because he's a creeper. Edit: since enemy units don't count, Est because she can't rescue.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Altenna (Miledy has a ton of votes already)

Worst: FEDS Est (Lv.3 unit with 7 chapters left, no flying utility, lolbases, inferior to every other unit, need I go on)

Haar's only weakness can easily be canceled out with Nullify, not like any other unit needs that skill anyways.

Actually, I'd say his only weakness is that elthunder sages can crit-blick him. They 2HKO without nullify and 3HKO with nullify. Either way, he's one unlucky roll from death so Nullify cancels nothing. Fortunately, there aren't very many of them and most of the time you can have Haar keep his distance while units that won't randomly die on you deal with them. Kinda like Mia with swordmasters early on: stay away.

(Doesn't work so well in 3-3 if you want to be quick, though. I tend to just hope for the best. There's only two of them that he'll meet, anyway.)

Low speed near the end of the game is a weakness, of course. And in early part 3 even with a speedwing he still fails to double some things. But then, Miledy fails to double some things early on, too, even if it's mostly just mercs if she's been given a wing.

If that's the case you can also toss him an Ashera Icon.

He needs two. Meaning you need to devote one of Ilyana's slots to carry over the icon from part 1. They have 19 crit and he starts with a mere 13 luck. Actually, it's possible he'll still face crit even if you give him 2 icons considering he needs to proc 2 points on his own.

You get a third icon in 3-3, so you could just give him the 2-1 icon and the 3-3 icon, but the only time I really had a need of Haar being immune to their crits was in 3-3 so it really has to be the 2-1 icon and the 1-8 icon. And he still needs 4 or 5 levels before 3-3.

To be honest, I'd rather just ship over fortune. Goddess icons sell for 4000 each. Fortune only sells for 3000. Fortune does way better than 2 icons. And it's transferable. Too bad it's 20 capacity, but for 3-3 Haar probably doesn't need other skills anyway. Of course, the value of an extra 3000 in 1-4 when you have more of a need for money can't be denied, but oh well.

To be fair to my own claims, FE10 does have battlesave on Normal, so at least there's that to help against being critblicked. Hard...well, you're fucked anyway.

Cormag's bow weakness isn't worth noting because archers start tink!ing him if you use him heavily.

Narga's paranoia over being critkilled is not unfounded.

And I'm also paranoid about being critkilled for good reasons.

Cormag's bow weakness isn't worth noting because archers start tink!ing him if you use him heavily.

Except it is, seeing as if a weapon is effective gainst the unit it's being used on in FE8, the weapon's Mt is tripled. Which means that unless Cormag's toting the Fili Shield, he'll lose a good deal of his health if he's hit.

Narga's paranoia over being critkilled is not unfounded.

But he also claims it's pretty deadly to put a character with around 13-14 Luck up against Halberdiers due to being critkilled, I mean, their Crit isn't reliable anyway.

And I'm also paranoid about being critkilled for good reasons.

Personal experience and many FE RNG screwed videos?

But he also claims it's pretty deadly to put a character with around 13-14 Luck up against Halberdiers due to being critkilled, I mean, their Crit isn't reliable anyway.

Personal experience and many FE RNG screwed videos?

Even if the critical hit doesn't kill your character, it can put them in danger of dying from enemies that wouldn't have been able to kill them had it not gone off.

Don't tell me you haven't seen the Part 4 snipers and swordmasters with crit rates hovering around the high 20s (snipers) to low 30s (swordmasters) WITHOUT killers. If you're a tank that can shrug off the hits, than I have little problem, but otherwise... Also, you DO realize you're talking to someone who had to restart 4-3 because of a 2% crit, right?

Edited by Ein Lanford

To be fair to my own claims, FE10 does have battlesave on Normal, so at least there's that to help against being critblicked. Hard...well, you're fucked anyway.

Yeah but most people don't even bother arguing battle saves since when people argue about FE characters it is usually on the highest difficulty. I could've argued battle-saving earlier but didn't because I like to assume hard-mode is being played.

Yeah but most people don't even bother arguing battle saves since when people argue about FE characters it is usually on the highest difficulty. I could've argued battle-saving earlier but didn't because I like to assume hard-mode is being played.

Best: FE10 Haar

Worst: Minerva

Does est constitute as a wyvern rider?

In FE1/3/SD Pegasus Knight promote into Dracoknights.

And Est is pretty horrible as one. The only one that's good as a Dracoknight is Paola.

I wish they just added Falcoknights in FESD like they did with myrms and other stuff. But noooo, they just had to have their online shop exclusives.