So, what's all this bullshit about Hikarusa not being able to post?

EDIT: Funny you should link to those guidelines Narga, as they seem to indicate Hika shouldn't be banned at all.

How do you figure that?

Here is a more recent announcement (and one that is pinned):

•Being suspended multiple times is grounds for consideration to be banned. Especially if your total suspensions add up to more than 2 weeks.

•An infraction of the rules, if severe enough, can warrant a suspension in it's own right, or even a ban.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14003

Obviously this overrides anything you may interpret from the earlier (not-pinned) announcement. Also, the one I linked to had this:

◦There are other grounds for banishment, but we'll leave things at this.

Note that some of these steps may be skipped if the offense is severe enough. Though we shall be trying to stick to these guidelines.

How does that indicate Hika shouldn't be banned?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seriously need to work on making the code of conduct all inclusive, but that's being worked on. Sure, offensive name changes weren't in the rules. Do they really have to be? If it's bad enough to potentially degrade the appearance of our forum, it warrants punishment. We'll add that too I guess.

Anyhow, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed. Good night, everyone.

How do you figure that?

Here is a more recent announcement (and one that is pinned):

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14003

Obviously this overrides anything you may interpret from the earlier (not-pinned) announcement. Also, the one I linked to had this:

How does that indicate Hika shouldn't be banned?

Yes, I am aware more recent posts override older ones, that's why I was wondering why you were referencing this earlier post. I was merely pointing out that if you are taking that as a precedent, it doesn't make too much sense. It was honestly just a passing comment, really, as those rules are like 2008, back when everything was completely different, and have never really been used since.

And it indicates Hika shouldn't be banned because the offense wasn't particularly severe and as has been pointed out 14 Warns is a pretty bizarre ground for banishment.

Eh, one last thing before I go. We have always taken into account how many warns a user has previously had when we think their continued behavior is grounds for a ban. It's nothing new.

Eh, one last thing before I go. We have always taken into account how many warns a user has previously had when we think their continued behavior is grounds for a ban. It's nothing new.

14 over a span of several years is a pretty small amount then, and it indicates quite a few more people should probably be banned.

Yes, I am aware more recent posts override older ones, that's why I was wondering why you were referencing this earlier post. I was merely pointing out that if you are taking that as a precedent, it doesn't make too much sense. It was honestly just a passing comment, really, as those rules are like 2008, back when everything was completely different, and have never really been used since.

And it indicates Hika shouldn't be banned because the offense wasn't particularly severe and as has been pointed out 14 Warns is a pretty bizarre ground for banishment.

I always thought that new overrides old but when "new" doesn't say anything about something "old" then "old" still applies.

In other words, if "old" has points A, B, C, and D, but "new" has rewritten A, B, and C, then the "old" D should still be relevant because there is no further comment on D. To me, the part about needing 2 out of 3 admins must still be relevant because none of the new posts about the warning/banning system comment on how many admins are needed.

I always thought that new overrides old but when "new" doesn't say anything about something "old" then "old" still applies.

In other words, if "old" has points A, B, C, and D, but "new" has rewritten A, B, and C, then the "old" D should still be relevant because there is no further comment on D. To me, the part about needing 2 out of 3 admins must still be relevant because none of the new posts about the warning/banning system comment on how many admins are needed.

I was under the impression that the rules had been entirely rewritten multiple times, but yours makes sense too, and I guess you'd know better.

14 over a span of several years is a pretty small amount then, and it indicates quite a few more people should probably be banned.

The difference between Hika and most that get warnings is theirs may be mistakes or intentional but at least they back off and listen to the staff's warnings while Hika continues to do these things intentionally, disregard the staff's warnings and abuse warn expirations.

It's kinda like a bad roommate, if he's not willing to listen, do you think you'll be willing to keep him around for long?

Edited by Speedwagon

The difference between Hika and most that get warnings is theirs may be mistakes or intentional but at least they back off and listen to the staff's warnings while Hika continues to do these things intentionally, disregard the staff's warnings and abuse warn expirations.

That's the logic being used then, hey? 14 Warns over 2 years. That's less than a warn a month. It's almost one every two months. That's not exactly abusing warn expirations, or constantly disregarding the staff's warnings. Consider many of his warns are clumped together. Consider he still has two warns from 6 months ago that he never got expired, even though they probably should have been. He wasn't gaming the system. He didn't exist just to disobey the rules and game the system. Hikarusa contributed to this forum when he posted, and he did so continuously and consistently. This was occasionally interspersed with generally humorous, and overall forgivable excursions. You guys are entirely misrepresenting him as a person and poster, and (considering you guys worry so much about what is offensive) really it's rather offensive.

EDIT: More like a roomate who every month or two writes bizarre phrases on your face while you sleep.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Why is this? First of all, why is he even perma banned? Secondly, why the fuck isn't he in the goddamned banned member group, if he really is banned? What is the meaning of this shit?

Whoa there buddy, this is way too familiar! You sure you didn't make this post up after reading one of mine?

Whoa there buddy, this is way too familiar! You sure you didn't make this post up after reading one of mine?

As much as I slaver over your oversized penis, I am not that much of a stalker that I speak entirely in phrases I have stolen from you.

As much as I slaver over your oversized penis, I am not that much of a stalker that I speak entirely in phrases I have stolen from you.

I heard of a person who did that once. Interesting story, it was.

Right because I've had all the time in the world to scheme the end of Hikarusa's unruly reign over the deepest, darkests reaches of the forest.

Well at least you admit it.

Revan's next, kekekeke.

But seriously, the only reason this is targeting me, is because I was gracious enough to bother explaining anything. I took the time to try to give a response, and what do I get for it? All the blame. Seriously, solely because I'm the Root Admin, and I try to handle PR with shit like this, I get criticized the most.

It's unavoidable. The Root Admin's the head honcho. You're the first that has fingers pointed to when someone feels there's a failing of the system. Or at least one of the first.

I wouldn't feel so bad about it. It's true in any forum I've ever seen.

I do believe I'm the one you guys should be pointing the finger at, since I was the one who strongly recommended his banning. I don't think Jyo had much to do with this situation to be honest.

Edited by Shuuda

Guys, I'm going to save Hika!

I'm going to need an army of roughly 300. Recruiting starts now!

WE CAN DO THIS GUYS.

Yeah if we all change our names to White People Suck then it will be like that scene from Spartacus. Unless they look at sig, avatar, display name history etc.

Also wasn't OxR always trying to pull shit like this with his biggest jew nose topic (I can't remember the exact name) but he was only banned after he got 100% warn level

Edited by mikethfc

Its really only Shuuda you know >_>

I do believe I'm the one you guys should be pointing the finger at, since I was the one who strongly recommended his banning. I don't think Jyo had much to do with this situation to be honest.

You know, General Spoon's posts have become a lot more relevant in recent days. Holy shit.

You know, General Spoon's posts have become a lot more relevant in recent days. Holy shit.

Sigged

I used to think that mods/webmasters were actually robots with no sense of humor

Am I supposed to be taking offense? Context seems to suggest yes, but I don't feel offended.

I could take it of if you want me to........