Lord of Azure Flame: Chapter 12: *This Title has been stolen*

Snowy_One

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Still, you must feel some form of disapproval towards it. Aiya, please... I don't want to have you be all smiles and acceptance only to plunge a dagger into my back. What if Damian instructed you to land a short distance off and as soon as you did, he set upon me like a starved wolf to a cow, ravishing my body and having his way with me? You couldn't honestly be at least somewhat mad?"

---

Homeschooled tart. wrote Katie, turning her nose up at Morgan before stomping away.

Edited by Snowy_One

People with seating arrangement issues

As Iso headed back over, he was beginning to wonder exactly how people were supposed to be traveling.

Iso: Okay, so am I helping Kelas, or just riding behind someone else?

Irina: Well Katie apparently wants to ride with you so you're either going to have to disobey Morgan and incur her wrath, or spend a few hours apart.

Iso: You didn't have to say it like that ...

"Kelas is the horse expert, that mare is practically family to her I'd wager. I've just... had a fair deal of experience, is all. Pestered somebody who was pretty knowledgeable into teaching me the ropes a few years back, and then with regular practice and lessons, well you can get okay."

As Chase interjected, she nodded sadly, confirming the state of affairs. "Yeah, I'm not really sure she's doing all that well. Sure the worst has passed, but she's still hurting. I try to get her to listen to me, but she'd usually rather tough it out by herself for some reason it seems."

Sighing here, she stopped talking and put her full attention on the task at hand. It wouldn't do to have just advised Helios on how to avoid bites, and then go and blunder herself; no, it wouldn't do at all.

She waved away the wind mage's objection when Morgan mounted up, and said, "It's fine, she can sit up there for now, as long as she doesn't touch the reins or do anything, I can still get this fixed fine."

Helios and Chase's mounts were soon taken care of and she looked around. She think that covered things, having gotten to that mercenary friend of Eric's, Derek was it, and tended his horse earlier, and she'd also taken care of Heintz's animal. She was trying to remember if there were any others she had missed?

Edit: retconned in the paragraph about Morgan.

Edited by Balcerzak

"Well...if that were to happen,I admit I would be a bit disappointed if he were to keep it in the dark like that..." She said,trailing off.

"I guess I just want there to be trust and truth between us.If I found out he was doing things behind my back,I would probably get angry,depending on what he did.While I wouldn't like to find out that he would lie to me,if he would,for some reason,it also means that he didn't think he could trust me with the truth...I think that possibility worried me more than whatever he might actually do..."

Morgan looked at Katie's most recent note and smirked. "To not be mistaken for a TISME mage is one of the highest compliments I could ever receive. Thank you so very much." Morgan waited as Tessa applied tack and bridles to all the horses, and everyone appeared ready to set out (some had already left).

"Let us go eastward and look for a place to camp." Morgan said rather calmly. The subject matter did not really call for excitement, she wagered.

"I... I see." said Esphyr. "I'm still not as accepting of the concept of a man having multiple wives. I mean, it just doesn't happen where I come from. Doesn't help at all that I lived a life where I was hired and treated as a second. You and Damian are the couple to me, I'm the tag-along girl. The lost pup brought into the house as it were. Ummm... Damian... How do you see Aiya and I? And if you answer 'making out and rubbing each other' I swear I will throw you off the wyvern myself!"

"You two?Well,at the moment,you almost look like an orphan and a home owner.Aiya is trying to open up,and learn more about you,bring you closer,but you don't seem to want to believe her,and get somewhat defensive.Like the home owner offers the orphan a bed,but the orphan doesn't trust it,because it doesn't understand why the home owner would give it to them." Damian said,after thinking it over for a minute.

"Eastward, as I said. If you want more specific directions, you may want to ask someone with a better grasp of Haltonian geography. After we rest for the night, we can figure out a plan from there." Morgan wrapped her arms tightly around Chase for support as the horses and wyverns moved out of the graveyard.

"You're as big as a house?" asked Esphyr, raising her eyebrow at Damian's analogy. "Anyways, I don't deny it. I think me and Aiya just need some time alone to get to know each other if you want me to be friendly like that. Well... To be fair, I suspect all three of us will have plenty of alone-time once this is all over. If you two are okay with that... Ummm.. Damian... I recently offered you a chance to alter our contract. I... I was hoping... That you would become willing to... Ummm... Support me... I'm sorry. I shouldn't be asking this or be acting so forward considering my position but, I... I don't know what else to say."

"Forget the analogy..." Damian trailed off,sure that she was joking around again.

"If you two need some time alone,just ask,okay?...Hmm?Support you?What do you mean exactly?"

Esphyr turned about to give him a nervous glance. It was clear that what she was considering asking was not a light thing at all to her. "Well, I mean... I... It would be very nice if I didn't have to go around fighting every day, but I need to support my parents as well as do things like eat and own a house... So... Ummm... Would... Would you be willing to support me?" she asked, wincing as she did so. She knew what it could also be translated as, and she didn't exactly mind it. She was just to afraid to outright ask.

"Of course,Esphyr,I'll support you,if that's what you want...you don't need to be afraid to ask me for anything." Damian replied,turning to look her in the eye.

"You've said that before, and I don't doubt it. I am more than happy to accept the offer though. I just... I just want something good to finally happen to me that isn't ruined by my sword. I don't want to risk becoming Mrs. Damian and having it impale you though. If only I could control it, restrain it, so-... I just said that out loud, didn't I?"

"You did." Damian replied.

'It's now or never...'

"Esphyr,we'll find a way to deal with your sword...but I'm more worried for your safety than my own...Gae-Borg...is..." Damian trailed off,and looked away.

"I never gave you the full story on my lance...this can explain it better than me..." Damian managed to choke out,handing her a book entitled "Crimson Weapon Testing and Research: Subject A - Gae-Borg"

"Earlier,I asked you if you thought the weapons were sentient...or just containers of hate and malice...Gae-Borg is the reason I asked those in particular...nothing else comes close to describing it..." Damian said,recalling the earlier conversation.

"That journal contains every detail...what happened at the graveyard is 3-B."

"So...Arrin." Charlotte said as she was riding behind him, subtly guiding Francis away from Trevor and Tessa's earshot. "I thought it was very brave of you to protect Tessa from that stab-happy demon woman earlier. It was like you were pretending she was still your princess, except I thought that particular dare wore off a few days ago." A somewhat mischievous smile played at Charlotte's lips. "You like her, don't you? And I mean like, like her."

Charlotte giggled "No silly, like like, as in boyfriend and girlfriend? And if you try to say otherwise, I have to wonder who you think you're kidding. She's the Earth and Heaven to you, try to keep it hidden, honey I can see right through you. Boy you can't conceal it, I know how you feel and who you're thinking of..." she said in a singsong voice.

Charlotte laughed again. "Oh Arrin, look at your face! You wouldn't blush if it weren't true! Come on Arrin, we all see the way you look at her with those puppy dog eyes. Face it, you are quite clearly infatuated with her."

Alf and Reika had watched the entire proceedings regarding the wyvern and Ivanko. They stood a long while away and somewhat close to each other, with Alf ready to protect Victor in the case that Victor would attack them.

So that's Ivanko. He's even stronger than I dreamed. he thought, staring at him as he calmed Victor down.

Reika unfortunately noticed him.

"Is this what we call a man-crush? Or are you aiming to get into his pants?"

"Neither. It's...It's just I used to hear stories about him. He's even stronger than I dreamed. And that Tomahawk," he looked down at his as he continued to talk, "That must be the strongest axe I've ever seen."

"So you admire him is all."

"Yeah. I always wanted to be as great a warrior as he was."

"I thought you wanted to live a peaceful life," said Reika, smirking at him and remembering his words.

"I meant before I'm able to settle down and get a wife."

"A wife? You? Somehow I doubt it."

The words cut deep into him, but Alferis refused to show it. He got onto his horse and leaned over slightly, still in pain from the wound and Esphyr picking at the scab. Reika got on her horse as well and they both headed to the group.