[OUTDATED] Elibian Nights

Arch

The Scouring hack that has to happen eventually someday: EN-structured, 8 chapters with 8 different lords (each a different battle against dragons lead by one of the heroes), plus a final chapter with all 8 lords in the party fighting Idounn.

Finally, the answer we've been searching for! I win. I found the formula for how to make a not-super shitty (but still very likely poorly executed and unnecessary) Scouring hack :P:.

Edited by Arch

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scouring hack that has to happen eventually someday: EN-structured, 8 chapters with 8 different lords (each a different battle against dragons lead by one of the heroes), plus a final chapter with all 8 lords in the party fighting Idounn.

Finally, the answer we've been searching for! I win. I found the formula for how to make a not-super shitty (but still very likely poorly executed and unnecessary) Scouring hack :P:.

Who do you use for the filler characters? I mean, ample characters who don't have to individually introduced is one of the things that makes EN possible. /realizes half-joke

If I went and researched every tactician and/or scouring and/or black fang sequel hack ever made I'd not only lose all of my social life but I'd be counting 90% of all the hacks ever thought of... IMHO the most common ideas for FE7 hacks are "include Tactician in some way", "make it about the scouring/8 heroes and the battle with the dragons", and "omg lloyd and linus, look at the pixely magnificence of those Four Fangs!".

Granted I'm slightly guilty of all of those (just slightly) so I'm only laughing, not ridiculing.

For some reason I always imagined my tactician hovering atop the battlefield, riding a pegasus and carrying a megaphone.

"USE THE HAND AXE BARTRE! THE HAND AXE!" etc.

Bartre: DO A BARREL ROLL TACTICIAN!

On another note, would that mean Katarina stole a pegasus in the Prologue chapters and did the same thing there? I mean, aside from Prologue-8, she's the tactician of the group and IIRC, she's the one who directs all the units in their battles.

Edited by Dark Sage

Obviously she reclassed to yell at the units from above.

Working on finishing up Tale 1x, putting in a few improvements to the tale. I was playing a bit of FE3DS's trial maps today (the BSFE chapters), and noticed that, hey, all the characters have little battle quotes the first time they enter battle. So I started thinking, this might be something to do in Elibian Nights. Not terribly enthusiastic about it, but I figure I'd hear what you all have to say.

personalbattlequotes.png

Personal battle quotes, yay or nay?

more text > less text

Not necessarily. More content yes but more unnecessary padding no. Don't add something just for the sake of adding, add it because you want to or want to do something interesting.

Not necessarily. More content yes but more unnecessary padding no. Don't add something just for the sake of adding, add it because you want to or want to do something interesting.

I guess what I really mean is

more text written by Arch (& co.?) > less text written by Arch (& co.?)

I trust Arch to add something with each dialogue he adds. Yeah go AP lit!

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I've had something to post, but I've got Tale 1x at 100% completion as of today. Most important, I'm finally starting to get back into the groove of working on Elibian Nights, so more progress is sure to come quickly.

The plan is to have the hack finished definitely by the end of the year, coming perhaps as early as Spring 2012 (that's my current target). So, to start off the new year (well, we're almost there), I've put together this progress report. It's not that spectacular right now, but I'll be updating it throughout the year to keep tabs of my progress until everything sits at 100%.

Edited by Arch

A while ago on SoS you said something about wanting to use my Fe7/8 compatible mamkute animation of I fixed it up, I'm working on that so if you're still interested just say something.

lol spoilers?

I can't seem to clear Pent's gaiden chapter without a) passing up all of the chests at the top or b) getting some folks killed. Do I just suck at it, or is it going to be nerfed a little? (also, how the hell did those archers get into that locked room with no other entry point)

I like to think of it as a drunken prank gone wrong.

"Hey... h-hey, Steve... there's like... there's some cake in that... in that room... Fra- steve..."

"Man, that is fuckin' AWESOME! Wait, I don't see a-"

*Clank*

"AHAHAHA I LOCKED YOU IN"

"WE'RE UNDER ATTACK!"

"...Fuck."

Welp. We can add Lyn's tale to the "100% complete" pile.

phase1.pngphase2.pngKhitanversusLyn.png

Took some time to make a final touches. Script has been reworked, boss conversations have been added, and things in general have just been touched up. Onward to Rath's tale!