Information topic (spoilers)

Cecil's durability has always been lacking. She had the worst HP and defense growths of all the cavs in Book 2. It doesn't surprise me that she'd be similar in the remake.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone else found Cecil to be horribly lacking in durability? Going into chapter 1, she was tied with RYAN for worst defensive parameters all around. Lowest HP, DEF, and RES (admittedly, only Arran and Mage!MU have any RES) along with no 2 range option sorta sucks. Now, I'm playing Casual NM just to be safe (obviously gonna play harder once I get it in English or do more playthroughs) this first time, so she's still not in terrible shape, but being borderline 3HKOd when others are facing more like like 6HKOs is... not good. She was actually 2RKOd by quite a few combinations in P8, and left with like 3 HP from the others. She was practically useless there. In fact, all she did that entire chapter was grab the save point.

My Cecil at lvl 9 has 10 def and 26 hp. I dunno if it's just blessage but she holds her own just fine, has great spd and str to.

They have them on Hard and Mania modes as well :/

Ah, even for those modes that actually surprises me. I could see it happening on Maniac but not on Hard.

Wow, not even past hte prologue, already busting out the silver. Can't wait to see when they bust out the forges.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens within the first 5 chapters of the main game tbh.

I would say that you prbably would be wise to lure them out by making them use their hand axes, but sheesh...A bit tightly compacted with those archer pals.

Yep that's the original plan although that other bandit you see in the picture has a Silver as well, doesn't have the hand axe either. Luckily not all bandits in this chapter have silver so that's a sigh of relief. Also, you can lure the hunters out without having anyone die if you use Athena, you can probably do it with Ogma too if you have him as well seeing as you get the choice to fight him as a boss and will join you if you beat him in P-6(I chose Draug as the boss instead as Ogma would most likely have roflstomped my team as the boss on LM so I wouldn't know Ogma's bases.)

I'm going mage. From the sounds of it, fuck going melee class.

Badasses pick Archer in Lunatic.

My Cecil at lvl 9 has 10 def and 26 hp. I dunno if it's just blessage but she holds her own just fine, has great spd and str to.

My lvl 7 Cecil has 19 HP and 5 DEF. Now, her offense is great, but her enemy phase is just so restricted. Maybe the Arena will help her. And if not, I can just drop her for Frey.

Chapter 11 has Darros, who's a Lv3 Berserker. There's a few enemies here wielding Tomahawks to watch for, unfortunately none drop it. Other than that it's pretty much the same.

Tomohawks? There? Are you serious?

Ugh, this game is trying to murder you.

And again, what is a pirate doing THERE!?

Edited by Etzel's Hips

I'm finding all the cavs to be useless, especially since Palla and Catria showed up. Catria's pretty good, but Palla seems to be a walking death machine. Being able to use Silver in chapter 3 is ridiculous.

I've noticed that Blizzard is no longer effective against Fire Dragons. I hope this doesn't mean Ice Dragons won't have their weakness any more either.

EDIT: Marth recruits Darros. He moves, by the way. Darros also has the annoyingly unique feature of not getting 2HKO by the Fire Dragons.

Edited by CO_Fimbulvetr

I killed him, since I didn't want to waste time going the long way around to get Julian. Then I ended up having to waste about 10 turns running to his village and back anyway, so it was a shallow victory at best <_<

I thought you played the original FE3. He's actually pretty decent there. Not fantastic, but at least he's not garbage.

I didn't actually use him there. I just know he's much better because of instant Silver Lances.

I killed him, since I didn't want to waste time going the long way around to get Julian. Then I ended up having to waste about 10 turns running to his village and back anyway, so it was a shallow victory at best <_<

With no rescuing, there's not much of a point to try to shortcut it, is there?