Insanity Mini Mafia

Tables

Welcome to Insanity Mafia. The one where any claim is probably believable. Or at least, isn't completely unbelievable.

Rules:

Be active: This is a pretty important rule for fun games. Ideally, everyone is making 5-10+ posts per day, although that's impossible for a some people and others want to play, and not be completely inundated by the game, so really I'd ask everyone to aim to be making at least 1 post with useful content per day, preferably ~3. If you don't post for over 72 hours without giving me prior notice you'll be away, you'll likely be replaced. I'll remind people if they seem inactive after about 36 hours.

PMs are allowed: You may send PMs to other players in the game, provided I am invited too. You may not invite other players to your role PM. You may not screenshot your role PM, or anything like that.

Do not quote your role PM: The reasoning is basically to stop the game being about 'can the mafia make their claims look authentic'. Which is obviously not fun. You can paraphrase your whole PM if you want and explain the role in your own words, but do not directly quote mine.

Do not talk to dead players, even if you are dead: Dead players may want to, or may be asked to, fill in for other players. Therefore, please don't communicate about the game with dead players or anything like that.

You may talk at night: Do I need to add anything to this?

Expect the unexpected: Like AW mafia, there'll be a few unfamiliar roles here. Quite a few, in fact. Don't be surprised if people claim to have some fairly strange abilities.

Vote in this format: ##Vote: [user]. I don't mind if it's not in bold, but if you don't have the ## marks, your vote won't be counted.

The game is starting on Night 1. Please send in your orders. If you do not have any action, or you wish to not use your action, please reply saying 'no action' to confirm you have read and understood your role. Thank you.

There are 3 scum in this game and 7 town roles. That means there's 10 players. If you're sharp, you'll realise that the town can afford exactly one mislynch, assuming there's exactly one kill each night and no revival (one or both of which might not be true...)

The players are:

SlayerX the Wireless Router - Unplugged, Night 2

Levity the Nintendo Wii - Lagged out, Day 2

Balcerzak

Psychout50 the Moon - Beheaded (how?), Day 3

WoMC

Dracohon

Kleine

Life Admiral the Let's Play - Backup Plann'd, Night 1

Lightning

Cocytus

Backups/Replacements:

Core

Snike

JB25

Edited by I Eat Tables

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Insanity Mafia. The one where any claim is probably believable. Or at least, isn't completely unbelievable.

Rules:

Do not quote your role PM: This is a slightly unusual one, but there's a reason. Not everyone knows much about Advance Wars, and not everyone wants to spend a long time making a fake role PM just to blend in. You can explain, in your own words, what your role does, but please do not quote directly what your role does.

I'm guessing this was just a copy-paste thing? Because I don't think that knowledge of AW has anything to do with this...

Do not quote your role PM: This is a slightly unusual one, but there's a reason. Not everyone knows much about Advance Wars, and not everyone wants to spend a long time making a fake role PM just to blend in. You can explain, in your own words, what your role does, but please do not quote directly what your role does.

I see someone has failed at Copy Pasta....>_>

Edit: Damn. Ninja'd

Edited by psychout50

I'm just going to say this right now:

If I'm lynched for an incredibly stupid reason like "your style has changed" again, I will gut all of you.

It doesn't matter whether I'm town or mafia or third-party or whatever the hell; I want you all to have a preal reason to lynch me, or to lynch anyone else for that matter. FORCE OUT SOME INFORMATION FIRST.

That is all.

I don't like sheep. I'm sorry. I just don't like sheep.

If you jump on a bandwagon for an incredibly stupid reason, I will make sure the town gets a good, hard look at you before you even do anything else. I don't want any of this "yeah, I agree -jumps on the wagon-" nonsense that people sometimes pull.

What exactly do you agree with, and why?

One last thing. It makes a minor difference in this game, but the mafia has a small number of 'safe' objects/people they can claim - that is, things that nobody else in the game has, and they can have a fake role PM made for them. They can't quote it directly or anything like that, but they can use the information in it, as it will be written in the style of other roles.

And I'd be interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on their roles, and what strategies they're thinking of using, if anything.

Edited by I Eat Tables

I'll try to be more descriptive this game, but I don't look for tells as much as other people do. I'm more I see how they've been acting, be it overly defensive or agressive, or something, but most of the time I go with my gut. I sorry my gut doesn't let people believe me. ;_;

It's now been 24 hours since the start of the night. I WAS going to set that as an action deadline, but... well, I didn't. So for now, I'm going to wait for the last order to come in.

As I mentioned over in Screw the Rules Mafia:

I'd just like to mention that for the next few days, I won't be particularly active. I'm at a hotel for the weekend, and we're supposed to have wireless internet there, but the signal is so shitty that I can't actually access it. I'll still be on at least once a day though.

However, mini mafia requires more active participation than regular mafia, and I'll only be on probably once a day for ~15 minutes, so if you think it would be better to sub me out, then I have no problem with that.

I think that should be fine, it's just a weekend.

Anyway, we've had a while for night actions. Apologies to those who didn't get to send them in.

Anyway, this guy was found dead in the morning. He had apparently been waiting for a bus when a pedestrian pushed him into the middle of the road. Of course, there are no cars in the middle of the road, so he thought he'd got a lucky break, until the pedestrain pulled out a handgun. Always have a backup plan, as they say.

Dear Life Admiral,

You are Balcerzak's FE4 run, the Let's Play

default.jpg

You are a blind playthough of FE4, played by Balcerzak. You tend to be quite slow paced as you explain what you do and think things through, but you make lots of sound decisions and good strategic calls.

In your run, thousands of enemies have died, so each night you may choose one more person to kill. However, since you have to explain this decison to your viewers, and work out how to kill that person, they will not die until the end of the next night phase.

You are allied with the town.

It is now day phase.

Everyone's pairings can be better, psych.

A delayed kill vig. So tomorrow night, 2 people die, right? Interesting.

Tell us before you get us all killed with some ridiculous plan.

EDIT: gr4mm4r

Edited by Lightning

Dammit, you weren't supposed to read that....>_>

So....Let's start voting baselessly! :awesome:

##Vote Ether/Klein

That would be if he used the thing last night Lightning, which knowing Life, I doubt.

Edited by psychout50

You know, I don't know if jumping to a lynch vote right away is really that smart of an idea. In fact, jumping to vote someone with no evidence whatsoever is pretty stupid.

I'm going to ##Vote: Psychout50 just because I think he might have something he wants to add to this discussion besides blind votes.