Has anyone used a nonroyal, nonheron, nonmandatory laguz to final chapter?

My most recent run had both Lyre and Kyza.

They actually did pretty good, compared to the rest of the team. Lyre was my biggest damage dealer in 4-E-5. Then again this is what they were competing against...

Iron sword Ike

Sigrun

Renning

Astrid

Meg

Ilyana

Fiona

Laura

Bastian

Good thing it was NM, or else this playthrough would've driven me crazy.

Volug, Vika, Muarim, Ulki, Janaff, Lyre, Lethe, Mordecai, Skrimir, Giffca (if he counts), and Ranulf I have all bought to final.

The laguz's are usually completely superior to most of your beorc units at endgame aside from neat tricks like nihil- siege toming levail on the first turn. And if you bring a large amount of laguz units then you will take at least 3 more turns (due to laguz stones/gems usage on first turn slowing you down) than usual to beat any map. I find this to be trivial though considering that the majority of kills are gotten on enemy phase. The biggest problem laguz have is lack of 2 range which hurts the turn count in addition to the usage of the stones/gems on turn 1. I don't really care about this but some people do.

I find that the laguz gem is semi unnecessary at endgame. Most of the chapters go by so fast that a stone (tigers/ravens/hawks will have to use some olivi grass - but this isn't really a problem due to most kills being enemy phase) would suffice on everything but cats.

Edited by Lancelot

This current one I'm bringing Ranulf, Janaff, and Volug. Volug is so I can get some experience with him for my next Playthrough.

Edited by Knight of Zero

Yeah, I've used most non-royal laguz just to see how good they could get.

It was challenging, but...

I did it on my first playthrough through Normal. Ashera was impossible partially because I had no fortify staff or w/e.

• 3 months later...

Giffca is a pretty cool guy. He guards Caineghis, and doesn't afraid of anything.

Yeah, this. Although I think he might count as a royal anyway.

Janaff, Mordecai, and perhaps Giffca work very well.