Name meanings/origins

Freohr Datia

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I found a few more FE names (and one of them will surely surprise you a lot)

Hector: anchor/steadfast; greek

Fiona: white/fair, celtic/gaelic

Guinevere: white wave, welsh

Gale. a stranger, celtic, gaelic

Tanith: Godess of Love, greek (sarcasm or irony of IS? I don't know)

Abel: a breath, hebrew

Cain: craftsman, hebrew

Sirius: sparking/scorching, greek

Rolf: wolf, scandinavian

Kent: bright white, welsh

Erik: Honorable Ruler (yeah, and I'm the King of Thracia)

And to finish, Etruria Generals

Douglas: flowing of dark river, celtic, gaelic

Cecilia: blind, latin

Percival: piercing the valley, french

That's all for now.

Edited by Light Lord

You know saying only the meaning of your name doesn't conceal your name. I don't even have to comb through the lists to find them, I can just change the search option to meaning and input whatever you said. In case one of you did not want your name to be known.

My name, Sophius, is not on the site.

Edited by Sophius

Guys, I found a few more FE names (and one of them will surely surprise you a lot)

Hector: anchor/steadfast; greek

Hmph I'd always assumed he was named after the Hector from the Iliad

Tanith: Godess of Love, greek (sarcasm or irony of IS? I don't know)

Ummm not trying to rain on your parade or anything but the Greek Goddess of love is/was Aphrodite.

Ummm not trying to rain on your parade or anything but the Greek Goddess of love is/was Aphrodite.

Well, actualy I meant her attitude.

But you're right, the meaning doesn't actually fit quite well in there (meaning or character).

Rolf: wolf, scandinavian

I'd have thought lapdog would be more suitable.

You know saying only the meaning of your name doesn't conceal your name. I don't even have to comb through the lists to find them, I can just change the search option to meaning and input whatever you said. In case one of you did not want your name to be known.

Oh no, you'll have to comb through the myriad of 'dark' names, guess one, and then still not know my last name. I'm quaking.

...Besides, it's not actually on the site. I checked just then.

Edited by Agent Dale Cooper

My name, Sophius, is not on the site.

At best, you'll find my first name. My middle name is not on that site, and the name that truly identifies me is my last name. I'd sooner post my home address than my last name.

Venting / Useless Info

Most Filipino families I've known have alliterative name fetishes for their kids >_>

I mean, really:

Justin & Jonathan

Nicole & Neill

Derek, Darren & Danny

Carmina & Carmela

Kenneth & Kimberly

Angela & Alexa

Well I'm not Filipino but, check this out. Adam, Austin, Andrew. Thats my brothers and I. All A's.

ALso, I got a friend named Don with a sister named Donna :awesome:

Well I'm not Filipino but, check this out. Adam, Austin, Andrew. Thats my brothers and I. All A's.

ALso, I got a friend named Don with a sister named Donna :awesome:

Hmm... do your parents mix your names up? My mom always screws it up and there's only two of us. Considering the fact that she named me and fifteen years of calling out my name and twenty years for my brother, you would think she'd be able to match our face with the correct name mellow.gif.

Not quite ninja'd I was just waaay behind

Astrid=Unusual Beauty and Strength/Scandinavian

Aw was trying to find Ashnard..... Nothing. This site may not have everything on it =/

No it doesn't :) I doubt anywhere does. My last name is (GASP) czech for a kind of stew. You might be able to find out my name from that, internet stalkers! If so, friend me on facebook!

My first name is Matthew, gift from god, and my middle name is aaron, meaning enlightened or to sing.

I had a teacher named Odolecki whose name means something like "insurmountable spear" XD

Hmm... do your parents mix your names up? My mom always screws it up and there's only two of us. Considering the fact that she named me and fifteen years of calling out my name and twenty years for my brother, you would think she'd be able to match our face with the correct name mellow.gif.

Alllll the time. They usual say the other two first for some reason then realize that it is me...

How could they not distinguish between their own children!? Those monsters!

Yeah I've checked different sites and their translations and origins don't quite agree with one another always =/ At least everywhere I've been to agrees that my name means pure.

First name translates to 'God Exists.'

Well then the only logical conclusion is that I must be God.

So if I wanna complain...

GOD!!! WHY DO YOU CHARGE US 10,000????????????? D=

WHY COULDN'T YOU CONVINCE MY BROTHER TO GET GUITAR HERO WORLD TOOOOUR???? I WANT TO PLAY SCREAM, AIM, FIRE AGAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY THE HECK DID SUMMER LAST SO SHORT????

And if I don't wanna complain...

Thanks for letting us go to Kings Island twice this summer =)

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE LET MY DAD AND HIS GIRLFRIEND STAY TOGETHER TILL CHRISTMAS SHE WANTS TO GET ME A DRUMSET AND WE REALLY REALLY REALLY CAN'T AFFORD ONE WITHOUT HEEEEER!!!! AND THANKS THAT SHE'S OFFERIIIIING!!!!

So if I wanna complain...

GOD!!! WHY DO YOU CHARGE US 10,000????????????? D=

WHY COULDN'T YOU CONVINCE MY BROTHER TO GET GUITAR HERO WORLD TOOOOUR???? I WANT TO PLAY SCREAM, AIM, FIRE AGAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY THE HECK DID SUMMER LAST SO SHORT????

And if I don't wanna complain...

Thanks for letting us go to Kings Island twice this summer =)

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE LET MY DAD AND HIS GIRLFRIEND STAY TOGETHER TILL CHRISTMAS SHE WANTS TO GET ME A DRUMSET AND WE REALLY REALLY REALLY CAN'T AFFORD ONE WITHOUT HEEEEER!!!! AND THANKS THAT SHE'S OFFERIIIIING!!!!

gee_wiz_emoticon.gifThanks for posting that. It forced me to smile even though I tried to resist. I didn't laugh, but I almost did.

My aunt runs catering at a hotel located right next to Kings Island.

Edited by SeverIan

I've looked up the origin and meaning of my name and a few others several times before. My first name, Charles, means manly and is of English or German origin. William, my middle name, is English and means defender or something like that.

I'm Charlotte, which is the feminine version of Charles, so mine means pretty much the same thing.

On that site I'm told "Charlotte" means "feminine", Wiki tells me it means "free", and some other site told me it means "warrior". My middle name means "beautiful woman".

So I'm a free, beautiful, feminine warrior. I like it. :3

I'm Charlotte, which is the feminine version of Charles, so mine means pretty much the same thing.

On that site I'm told "Charlotte" means "feminine", Wiki tells me it means "free", and some other site told me it means "warrior". My middle name means "beautiful woman".

So I'm a free, beautiful, feminine warrior. I like it. :3

Aaaaaaaaaaaw that's so awesome!!! D= Lucky!!!! =P

Pham (Family name) - ERROR 404.

Hoang (Mid name) Phoenix Me like. -w-

My (Another mid name) - ERROR 404

Duc (First name) - Moral, Good.

So I'm a good phoenix? o.o

That sounds wrong. |:

But it is pretty cool. 8D

TRY MY "OTHER" NAME.

Amelia = Industrious, Admiring

.... D'awww~ <3

First name

"Famous Soldier" (German)

Middle name

"Protector of Mankind" (Greek)

Last Name

"Of Scottish Origin" (English)

Well, that doesn't fit me at all.

FE names:

Tanith: Goddess of Love (Greek)

Marcia: Brave (Latin)

Tate: He who Brings Happiness (Unisex, English)

Juno: Goddess of Marriage and Childbirth (Greek)

Vanessa: Butterfly (Greek)

Tana: Fairy Queen (Slavic)

Catalena/Catalina: Pure (Spanish)

Edited by Slowking

First name (Shaun): God's Gift. Celtic/Gaelic.

Last name (Kelly): Warrior/Defender. Celtic/Gaelic.

Hmm, seems I'm here to fight and defend. I don't know or care if a god exists, but that's what I'll be doing anyway.