Who likes Fiona?

Yeah I enjoy her as well. Personally, what got me attached to her was that she's the only non-Laguz who comes with 2 free skills.

Anyways, Training her... I've got two methods.

In 1-6-2, I hack the game and make her player controlled on turn 2. She's actually useful at that area of the map. Albeit, limitedly. But one more body on the north end of the map is still one more body.

The other training method is actually my favorite strategies in the game.

On 1-E, Deploy the Black Knight as you would anyways. Plant him 'on' the bottom of the south west stairs. Unequip him.

Send Fiona up those stairs, even though she cannot progress through the stage.

When the mages and Hand Axe equipped Fighters show up, They'll all crowed around the Black Knight doing no damage. If the Black Knight is standing on the stairs, the enemies who appear immediately to the east of him, will be in perfect Javelin range of Fiona.

And because Fiona is fighting from above, she gets extra evade, Hit, and +2 MT. With Canto, she can hit and run. With Imbue she can heal without hogging Laura or Rafiel or hoarding Herbs or whatever. The only resource she's potentially hogging is the Black Knight, but he earns no EXP, and only has one deployed level left, he's missing nothing. And in fact, Fiona and the Black Knight are doing a service to the rest of the team, by halting the tons of enemies from flanking the rest of your ascending team.

She won't be on par yet with the rest of your team, but it seriously improves her durability for part 3.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I enjoy her as well. Personally, what got me attached to her was that she's the only non-Laguz who comes with 2 free skills.

Anyways, Training her... I've got two methods.

In 1-6-2, I hack the game and make her player controlled on turn 2. She's actually useful at that area of the map. Albeit, limitedly. But one more body on the north end of the map is still one more body.

The other training method is actually my favorite strategies in the game.

On 1-E, Deploy the Black Knight as you would anyways. Plant him 'on' the bottom of the south west stairs. Unequip him.

Send Fiona up those stairs, even though she cannot progress through the stage.

When the mages and Hand Axe equipped Fighters show up, They'll all crowed around the Black Knight doing no damage. If the Black Knight is standing on the stairs, the enemies who appear immediately to the east of him, will be in perfect Javelin range of Fiona.

And because Fiona is fighting from above, she gets extra evade, Hit, and +2 MT. With Canto, she can hit and run. With Imbue she can heal without hogging Laura or Rafiel or hoarding Herbs or whatever. The only resource she's potentially hogging is the Black Knight, but he earns no EXP, and only has one deployed level left, he's missing nothing. And in fact, Fiona and the Black Knight are doing a service to the rest of the team, by halting the tons of enemies from flanking the rest of your ascending team.

She won't be on par yet with the rest of your team, but it seriously improves her durability for part 3.

Thanks for that! Now I'm seriously tempted to try using her (after my current run).

I wonder if +30 Evade would be enough for her on Chapter 3-6?

This is the Fiona thread. For all intents and purposes, the rest of the DB is on vacation.

I'm personally indifferent to Fiona. She doesn't provide me with any reason to care.

The only resource she's potentially hogging is the Black Knight, but he earns no EXP, and only has one deployed level left, he's missing nothing.

He isn't, but your team as a whole loses a lot of firepower.

And in fact, Fiona and the Black Knight are doing a service to the rest of the team, by halting the tons of enemies from flanking the rest of your ascending team.

If you get flanked by those reinforcements, you're moving too slowly.

I'll answer with an even better question: Who ISN'T? Everyone's getting 2RKO'd anyways.

Pretty much anyone else when they're boss abused for twenty minutes.

Gee, thanks. Maybe the RNG flipped off my team. Maybe those axe guys at the top of the stairs worry me more than those mages. Maybe, just maybe, Rafiel sucks at running because I forgot to give him Celerity.

Regardless, I'm almost always at the mercy of those reinforcements, and it's irritating.

I actually have yet to use Fiona, although I guess I should at least try her out. Show me a screenshot of a decent Fiona, and I will agree with you she is usable, but the one time I started using Fiona, she turned out horribly.

If you're playing normal mode she doesn't necessarily require BA, babying, or none of that slow work you can simply BEXP her until she has good enough stats.

On hard mode she'll require babying and all that slow work.

I've bexped her and she never gets any strength, but I guess I'll go try to use her

Pretty much anyone else when they're boss abused for twenty minutes.

I only BA her to maker her usable. At her base stats is practically impossible to do something with her. At 1-7 she gets doubled by generals if she's holding an iron lance, and she barely does damage to the enemies. I like a challenge, but I don't like Superman 64 just because it's hard.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but you know that the time spent on BAing Fiona could've been spent on BAing someone else to achieve a much better performance in part 3, right? Or that you could have simply not BA'd anyone and still gotten a better performance than your Fiona.

You wouldn't believe who has made it into my Endgame team.

Edited by alfredo094

Im currently at 4-1 in my second playthrough on normal.I have trained astrid with blossom and paragon. She is promoted and has a B support with a promoted Makalov as well. I put Fiona in Tibarn's team for the insane exp amount that arrives at 4-5. Should I take away Paragon from Astrid to give it to Fiona?

Fiona has promoted once and is level 9 right now. I used every opportunity to train her and exp abuse, except i didnt use battle exp yet by fear of throwing away her stats growth. I want to promote her in 4-5. Is that a good plan?

If you're playing normal mode she doesn't necessarily require BA, babying, or none of that slow work you can simply BEXP her until she has good enough stats.

On hard mode she'll require babying and all that slow work.

Basically that. In fact, i wouldnt recommend using Fiona in Hard Mode at all. She would require a bit too much work. Same goes for units like Astrid, Lyre, or Meg. They require very little on EM and not a whole lot of work on NM. In HM, however, its just not worth it. Best to use guys who can shell out the damage with little to no effort. Ive never had to BA Fiona that much. She gets a bit on Jarod but thats about it.

You wouldn't believe who has made it into my Endgame team.

I am intrigued! I love taking wacky or unorthodox characters into Endgame!

He isn't, but your team as a whole loses a lot of firepower.

Considering those reinforcements are worth a good 4 or so levels for Fiona, and the fact that I dislike all-powerful/invincible units, I don't really consider it a loss. But if turn count was a concern, couldn't you just let Nailah, Muraim, Volug, and Sothe go on a rampage? There's no shortage of god-like characters for that level with greater movement range then he.

Mmm, I don't remember what my excuse was for that on previous play throughs, but on my current one, Edward with an illegitimate disarm was teaming up with Rafiel's Bliss and Sothe to go mug physics from clerics on the second floor. Disarm is not reliable even at full Bio so that part of the crew stalls there for a few turns while the remaining characters advance to the third floor.

Considering those reinforcements are worth a good 4 or so levels for Fiona, and the fact that I dislike all-powerful/invincible units, I don't really consider it a loss. But if turn count was a concern, couldn't you just let Nailah, Muraim, Volug, and Sothe go on a rampage? There's no shortage of god-like characters for that level with greater movement range then he.

BK can do one thing that the 4 mentioned characters cannot: obliterate enemies from 2 range.

BK can do one thing that the 4 mentioned characters cannot: obliterate enemies from 2 range.

I'm not denying that the Black Knight will kill any and all enemies that come to him, sans the two longbow users, but the way I see it, he's playing cleanup duty, not really cutting the path, at least, if compared to the other four particularly if they're all deployed. His 6 MOV compared to the others 7-9 MOV fairly much says he'll be left in the dust.

I'm not denying that the Black Knight will kill any and all enemies that come to him, sans the two longbow users, but the way I see it, he's playing cleanup duty, not really cutting the path, at least, if compared to the other four particularly if they're all deployed. His 6 MOV compared to the others 7-9 MOV fairly much says he'll be left in the dust.

That's why you carry BK with Nailah. Then you drop him off a turn before you bust the door open, then simply have BK attack the Lonbgow Archer. Enjoy watching scrub enemies die instantly.

Edited by Tyranel M

IIRC, Fiona and Jill take a movement penalty on this map, and I don't remember Laura or Rafiel moving that fast (ever).

That's why you carry BK with Nailah. Then you drop him off a turn before you bust the door open, then simply have BK attack the Lonbgow Archer. Enjoy watching scrub enemies die instantly.

Well, that'd do it. Turn away your eyes kids, this isn't going to be a pretty sight.

hmm, I've used her a couple of times, and for my style of playing she isn't that bad at all.

the only reason I don't use her every PT is because I don't really like mounted units...

• 2 weeks later...

Fiona is actually really good if you get ther through the start period of massive fail.

34 speed, lances and earth affinity is really great. The only other candidates for the Wishblade really are, Nephenee, Marcia, Tanith, Sigrun (Am I forgetting someone with 34 speed or more?).

All of them are easier to get to the point of usage but except for Tanith they all have worse affinities.

I'm assuming 1 stat booster and 1 forge is used for Fiona as soon as you get her to make her useable. (In which case it's quite possible even on Hard Mode)

It is in my humble opinion that the words Fiona and Like should not be in the same sentence unless the word Can't is behind them and the sentence isn't a double negative. Ex: I can't like Fiona.

I'm honestly not sure why she exists. Fail bases, fail base level, fail join time, fail availability...

It is in my humble opinion that the words Fiona and Like should not be in the same sentence unless the word Can't is behind them and the sentence isn't a double negative. Ex: I can't like Fiona.

I'm honestly not sure why she exists. Fail bases, fail base level, fail join time, fail availability...

Because characters like her appeal to players. Players love to turn characters from weak little wimps into unstoppable badasses that eat Generals and shit Dracomasters. Now, I think she's a little bit too much of a weak wimp upon joining and not enough of an unstoppable badass later on, but the archetype is there.

Not everyone's into the lowest turn count possible. I'm a little sad that she's not able to take advantage of her amazing movement until much later. I've never tried raising her seriously, but it sounds like she'll hold her own.

She's your first horse, and your earliest source of Savior, so that's gotta be worth something.