Who likes Fiona?

Not everyone's into the lowest turn count possible. I'm a little sad that she's not able to take advantage of her amazing movement until much later. I've never tried raising her seriously, but it sounds like she'll hold her own.

I'm a person who happens to be a big fan of the FE6 Armor Knights. I'm not all for low turning either, but my problem with Fiona is not that she can't help low turncounts. It's that she's pratically unusable on arrival and never becomes good. Crap as Wendy is, I can at least think of ways to make her usable. Crazy ways, but it has proven to have some cool effects on certain maps. Granted they still slow us down, but it's far more fun than Fiona just being a failure.

She's your first horse, and your earliest source of Savior, so that's gotta be worth something.

It's rare that I get a flying unit that's capable of doing more than said horse units, and it's rare to see a horse unit with such a god awful start that they're unusable, and even with all the effort to train up, is simply average at the end.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is in my humble opinion that the words Fiona and Like should not be in the same sentence unless the word Can't is behind them and the sentence isn't a double negative. Ex: I can't like Fiona.

I'm honestly not sure why she exists. Fail bases, fail base level, fail join time, fail availability...

You almost sound racist, you know that? You shouldn't go around talking about what characters people should and shouldn't like. Yes, she sucks, but she will appeal to some people, and talking like she won't is pretty arrogant.

I'm a person who happens to be a big fan of the FE6 Armor Knights. I'm not all for low turning either, but my problem with Fiona is not that she can't help low turncounts. It's that she's pratically unusable on arrival and never becomes good. Crap as Wendy is, I can at least think of ways to make her usable. Crazy ways, but it has proven to have some cool effects on certain maps. Granted they still slow us down, but it's far more fun than Fiona just being a failure.

But. . .if you're not interested in turn counts, does this even matter?

It's rare that I get a flying unit that's capable of doing more than said horse units, and it's rare to see a horse unit with such a god awful start that they're unusable, and even with all the effort to train up, is simply average at the end.

She's usable, at the expense of turns. It depends on which one you find more valuable. Looks like it's turns for you, so Fiona's not the kind of character that you'd like. Others in this topic like watching a unit go from fail to win.

I haven't bothered training Fiona, so I don't know if I can be as random with her as I am with certain other characters (my current run had Tauroneo max out most of his stats without BEXP, and Soren with more Luck than he should ever have).

You can always early promote Jill, just sayin'.

I usually don't use Jill (she keeps dying on me). . .but I really don't care about efficiency in RD.

From my perspective, Wendy/Sophia seem practically unusable on arrival and never become good either. I mean, at least with Fiona you can pour BEXP into her to mitigate her poor start.

And who are you exactly to dictate that Wendy is 'fun' and Fiona is not?

Well, as I see it, Wendy and Sophia are completely unusable on arrival and never become good either. At least there are ways for Fiona to mitigate her bad start; Wendy and Sophia are Sorry Out of Luck. Seriously, Wendy makes Lyre of all people look awesome in comparison.

Edited by Ein Lanford

Okay, let me just put my 2 cents in here, even though all who like Fiona will hate me.

She's awful, in every way, shape, and form. I've used her, promoted to a silver knight and everything. She was terrible, on easy mode. She takes way too many hits to kill someone because of her crappy strength, get's double hit because all weapons are too heavy for her, and come with great skills but terrible bases and growths all together.

For the one of the few black FE-characters, she's awful. Garret was actually useful, cormag(some say he's black, I disagree) is amazing, devdan was all right and so was danved. She was just a fail. It dissappoints me that I am the same race as her... And I like Lance paladins in blue too...

Wendy I agree, totally useless, throw her away. Sophia actually shapes up into a great druid, just her small constitution screws her over.

Lyre... No comment.

Sophia actually shapes up into a great druid, just her small constitution screws her over.

I disagree; Sophia's con (or lack thereof) is the least of her worries. I'd be more worried about the fact that everyone and their grandma kills her in one hit (or if they don't, they double her thanks to lol2AS).

thinking of easy/normal mode:

Fiona: one chapter of extreme babying and she can already be an awesome unit, if you don't get screwed in stats. the chapter she starts in already has a promotion item for her too, which she can use that same chapter at level 20.

Sophia: needs quite some chapters of babying, but she can be saved. the 2 range helps though. can promote at level 20 in the next gaiden chapter with her free extra guiding ring.

Wendy: I tried her once, I failed horribly. I have to agree on her being bad, I suppose~

Lyre: can be fun to train, but will never be a real good unit. she's acceptable with laguz gems and all the best skills though, like every unit in FE10...

(with promote at level 20 I mean without 1 exp battle abuse)

Sophia: needs quite some chapters of babying, but she can be saved. the 2 range helps though. can promote at level 20 in the next gaiden chapter with her free extra guiding ring.

I fail to see how Sophia can be saved when she is attacking with unreliable hit rates, dies to a light breeze, and joins in the desert chapter from hell.

I fail to see how Sophia can be saved when she is attacking with unreliable hit rates, dies to a light breeze, and joins in the desert chapter from hell.

in the desert she's hopeless, don't use her there.

baby her up in the gaiden chapter. make a wall of units without weapons (or very weak weapons) and let sophia attack from behind. use 2 horses to get her away from range and put her down somewhere safe again immediately. might take a bit of time, but you won't go over 50 turns. give her a speedwing and/or robe to speed up the process. even better would be savestate, did you miss? load, waste RN and try again. bard/dancer can help too.

in the desert she's hopeless, don't use her there.

baby her up in the gaiden chapter. make a wall of units without weapons (or very weak weapons) and let sophia attack from behind. use 2 horses to get her away from range and put her down somewhere safe again immediately. might take a bit of time, but you won't go over 50 turns. give her a speedwing and/or robe to speed up the process. even better would be savestate, did you miss? load, waste RN and try again. bard/dancer can help too.

Still doesn't convince me she's anything but a lost cause. And that doesn't do much of anything about the problem of her being unable to hit the broad side of a barn. Plus, I fail to see how giving her a highly-contested stat booster "speeds up the process".

Edited by Ein Lanford

Lyre... No comment

Lyre unlike Fiona, requires severe amounts of tweaking to be decent. Energy drops, Adept skill, loads of BEXP, and a Satori Sign. Thats a lot of bullshit to get Lyre usable. So people who slam on Fiona and dont say the same for Lyre is really retarded. Fiona can be an asset to the DB in Easy/Normal mode. Lyre is useless since theres Ranulf or Mordy as better choices. Im using Lyre this time because im doing a Scrappy run and i had to do all of the above to make her usable. All Fiona needs is a Secret book (MAYBE an Energy Drop), a forge for the first chapters you use her and MAYBE Paragon. I mean, yer gonna use BEXP anyway right? So why not use it on Fiona once in a while?

LOL Wendy and Sophia. Ugh.

Edited by Florina

What about Blossom + 99 Lyre?

No comment on Wendy/Sophia. I haven't seriously tried the former, and the latter is doable, but less efficient than Fiona.

Fiona, at least, has BEXP and forges to help her slow start, if you choose to use them on her.

Lyre unlike Fiona, requires severe amounts of tweaking to be decent. Energy drops, Adept skill, loads of BEXP, and a Satori Sign. Thats a lot of bullshit to get Lyre usable.

It takes a lot of bullshit to get Fiona usable as well.

Fiona can be an asset to the DB in Easy/Normal mode.

No she can't. Fiona still does really awful damage, she still gets doubled, she still has bad movement, she's still taking a limited deployment slot that could go to anyone. She still has very few chapters to train herself, and she's still not even that good in Endgame.

Lyre is useless since theres Ranulf or Mordy as better choices.

Fiona is useless since there's <insert any DB character> as a better choice.

Im using Lyre this time because im doing a Scrappy run and i had to do all of the above to make her usable. All Fiona needs is a Secret book (MAYBE an Energy Drop), a forge for the first chapters you use her and MAYBE Paragon. I mean, yer gonna use BEXP anyway right? So why not use it on Fiona once in a while?

So it's okay for Fiona to take BEXP and a valuable skill and a stat booster, but it's not okay for Lyre to take BEXP and a valuable skill and a stat booster?

What about Blossom + 99 Lyre?

No comment on Wendy/Sophia. I haven't seriously tried the former, and the latter is doable, but less efficient than Fiona.

Fiona, at least, has BEXP and forges to help her slow start, if you choose to use them on her.

I don't believe that Blossom's marginal stat % boost is capable of brining Lyre's average stat-ups per level above 3. Laguz love their BXP.

No she can't. Fiona still does really awful damage, she still gets doubled, she still has bad movement, she's still taking a limited deployment slot that could go to anyone. She still has very few chapters to train herself, and she's still not even that good in Endgame.

Out of curiosity, what DB members are you dragging along? I always seem to have at least one free slot open when I play, even on stages like LEA's joining chapter, which has a dismal number of deployment points.

I don't believe that Blossom's marginal stat % boost is capable of brining Lyre's average stat-ups per level above 3. Laguz love their BXP.

[/size][/color]

Out of curiosity, what DB members are you dragging along? I always seem to have at least one free slot open when I play, even on stages like LEA's joining chapter, which has a dismal number of deployment points.

Generally, I would bring three or four. Plus Laura for healing, Zihark for prepromoted goodness, and Aran for shoving, or Ilyana for chip damage.