Who likes Fiona?

Well, yeah, I like her. Even though she doesn't have a huge lot of backstory or ''screen'' time, I still like her.

I am at my second playthrough (normal mode) and I am training her again . I guess the reason why I like her might be related to the fact that I like to see her grow into a good unit.

I simply like the challenge of training her, and I also like her appearance, both in her artwork and as an in game unit, especially as a Lance Paladin.

Now I know many people hate her for availability, stats and terrain issues, but hey, I support her, even though I might be alone.

Am I alone in that quest for some Fiona supporters? : (

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Fiona too :) cavs are among my favorite classes. Although her character is bland I like her nobleness, she's not my favorite new character but she's among them.

Yay! Im glad im not alone! I agree that her appearance inspires nobleness. She is a compassionate and respectable character that does her part for her province and her country. For a noble she is far from being arrogant too, just like Astrid.

I LOVE FIONA!! SHE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER FROM RADIANT DAWN (besides Mist)! She's awesome!:lol:

I love her growth rates, her earth affinity (for great dodging), and her specialized caps. She's one of the fastest and well balanced paladins, and she's great with the wishblade. A fantastic Est architype, one of my all time favorite characters.

Love her appearance - she's freakin' hot, great braided hair, and she's the first black chick in the FE series. Just EPIC. I especially love her battle animations as a Silver Knight.

She's also pretty important - she's the steward of Marado (nobility, and in a support she calls herself a 'Queen'), AND she's the daughter of Lanvega, one of the 4 riders. After I knew that, since Mist and Ike are children of a rider, I KNEW Fiona had to be awesome. And she never dissapoints!

Training her can be a challenge though. I have to forge her a lance and forge every else super weak weapons, and go from there, then give her Paragon as soon as she possibly can.

AND I forgot about her skills! Imbue is awesome, and it's blank! She's a healer's nightmare, as she just heals herself! And Savior saves Laura tons of times!

Everytime I play, Fiona is the hardest enemy opponent for me to defeat - since I forged her a lance and she was a capped 3rd tier, she actually killed Ike in a single go in the Part 3 endgame (I had given her Paragon and used her more than any other unit in the Dawn Brigade).

And yeah, I've thought the same thing when it comes to Fiona supporters. I'm not alone!!! :awesome:

Edited by Maria's bro

I'll get around to using her seriously one day. That Earth affinity looks promising.

Character-wise, she ranks in just above Aran in personality.

I'd totally use her if she came in 1-1 instead of 1-7.

She does have Savior and Imbue (I think?) though, plus Canto is nice. Too bad both maps in Part 1 give her movement penalties.

Earth affinity is always nice, plus keeping her alive gives you another Thani tome.

I don't think I've ever used her seriously as a contributing member of my team though. I just yank her skills away and she sits in the back of my party. Those bases turn me away.

I definitely use her. I always tend to use the underleveled units rather than the actually most powerful ones. (Which makes stuff such as Radiant Dawn hard mode incredibly hard). It's generally just because I like their personalities better, but now it has sort of grown into my style.

And I don't really like most of the Dawn Brigade at all. I don't like using Sothe, Leo, Nolan, Meg, Zihark, Tormod, Nailah, Muarim, Tauroneo nor Volug too much (some due to being overleveled, some due to me not liking them). So I pretty much always use something ala Micaiah-Edward-Jill-Fiona-Rafiel team. Of course, that team can't clear part 1 on hard, so I use the other units, but in part 3 those 5 end up being my entire team.

So I give Jill paragon in the laguz chapter in part 3, in which she disposes of all the enemies herself (I unequip the Black Knight :3). I also never kill the laguz untransformed, as that gives a lot less exp. As a result she's now a level 5-10 (ish) tier 3.

Next Dawn brigade chapters, Fiona gets the paragon, and pretty much ends up soloing those chapters. As a result, she too becomes a ~lv 5 tier 3.

Now, one might think that could probably have been done nearly as well, or better, by most other units, but Fiona can have both Imbue and Paragon in mid-tier 2. Thus healing over 10 health pr turn, while becoming powerful enough to easily manage the part 3 dawn brigade chapters (which are some of the very hardest in the game).

So she gets chunked into Tibarn's team for part 4, and is mainly just used as to tank opponents to level up the weaker units (I always put my weak lot in Tibarn's team, due to the immense level-gains of chapter 5) in the first chapter. In the second of the Tibarn chapters, she's the most important of the defensive units. (Tibarn is in untransformed mode to gain more exp. I do that mainly just for the fun of it. )

She's made the endgame twice, and has made quite decent performances there too. Generally as a tank, as I don't bring any of the laguz royals except Tibarn and Skrimir, and I also don't use any generals. I really should be less picky about personalities.

As a result, she's one of my most used units. Ike, Soren, Rolf, Nephenee, Mia and Jill are the only ones who gained more kills than her last playthrough, I believe.

So yes, Fiona supporter. :)

Edited by Pineapple

I definitely use her. I always tend to use the underleveled units rather than the actually most powerful ones. (Which makes stuff such as Radiant Dawn hard mode incredibly hard). It's generally just because I like their personalities better, but now it has sort of grown into my style.

And I don't really like most of the Dawn Brigade at all. I don't like using Sothe, Leo, Nolan, Meg, Zihark, Tormod, Nailah, Muarim, Tauroneo nor Volug too much (some due to being overleveled, some due to me not liking them). So I pretty much always use something ala Micaiah-Edward-Jill-Fiona-Rafiel team. Of course, that team can't clear part 1 on hard, so I use the other units, but in part 3 those 5 end up being my entire team.

So I give Jill paragon in the laguz chapter in part 3, in which she disposes of all the enemies herself (I unequip the Black Knight :3). I also never kill the laguz untransformed, as that gives a lot less exp. As a result she's now a level 5-10 (ish) tier 3.

Next Dawn brigade chapters, Fiona gets the paragon, and pretty much ends up soloing those chapters. As a result, she too becomes a ~lv 5 tier 3.

Now, one might think that could probably have been done nearly as well, or better, by most other units, but Fiona can have both Imbue and Paragon in mid-tier 2. Thus healing over 10 health pr turn, while becoming powerful enough to easily manage the part 3 dawn brigade chapters (which are some of the very hardest in the game).

So she gets chunked into Tibarn's team for part 4, and is mainly just used as to tank opponents to level up the weaker units (I always put my weak lot in Tibarn's team, due to the immense level-gains of chapter 5) in the first chapter. In the second of the Tibarn chapters, she's the most important of the defensive units. (Tibarn is in untransformed mode to gain more exp. I do that mainly just for the fun of it. )

She's made the endgame twice, and has made quite decent performances there too. Generally as a tank, as I don't bring any of the laguz royals except Tibarn and Skrimir, and I also don't use any generals. I really should be less picky about personalities.

As a result, she's one of my most used units. Ike, Soren, Rolf, Nephenee, Mia and Jill are the only ones who gained more kills than her last playthrough, I believe.

So yes, Fiona supporter. :)

Glad to see you could join us!

I would try using Fiona if she looked decent. But pastel-blue armour with dark skin and red hair? Even Oliver is better.

As it is, if I wanted to try using a horrible unit for the sake of personality, I'd probably go with Leonardo or Pelleas or Tormod.

I would try using Fiona if she looked decent. But pastel-blue armour with dark skin and red hair? Even Oliver is better.

As it is, if I wanted to try using a horrible unit for the sake of personality, I'd probably go with Leonardo or Pelleas or Tormod.

You are not really welcome here then unsure.gif

I really like horse units, but her start is just so awful that I've never seriously used her. Although in my last EM playthrough (literally every one of my friends was gone. What was I supposed to do all weekend?) I had enough BEXP left over at endgame that I took both her and Meg to 20/20/20 and used them in the tower. Fiona was alright. Using BEXP obviously cut into her potential, though.

I used her once, got her to endgame too but she is just horrible to even think on using. I mean she gets penalties in the chapters she's available well most, (1-7, 1-8, 1-E, 3-6 can't even move :facepalm: , Desert chapter, The swamp chapter, The house chapter... Horrible.) That is a challenge to train, but also a waste since even if you train her good, she can't be fully used for 3-6, and half of 4-x chapters (not for 4-E). Her personality is sort of bleh, but i did like when she stood up to that other guy. Anyways, there is a comic where she is told how she fails.

Edited by SlayerX

I always BA her on1-E like 15 or 20 minutes. Then I train her on 3-6 (challenging, but fun), and then she is great on Endgame.

But really, though, I use many low tier units, because I like training.

Wait, you boss abuse her extensively in 1-E and she's STILL hard to use in 3-6?

I am a Fiona fan. One of the more vocal here as well. Ive always enjoyed using her. Shes damn helpful to the DB when they get in a tight spot, thats why i train her. I also like having loads of Paladins sometimes for Endgame! Oh hey! Playthrough idea! I havent done a Paladin one in AGES! Fiona has a good affinity. (earth i believe) Shes also pretty quick and kinda tanky when trained up a bit. She usually reaches third tier promotion by 3-13. Thats where she gets most of her training. She gets some BEXP dump before 1-E but not a lot. She usually racks up levels due to Paragon so her stats end up good enough. I use the DB's Paragon on her if im not all about Jill spam. Sometimes i do both. Jill and Fiona spam! :D Fiona gets a Secret Book used on her upon joining. She also gets that Energy Drop. She also gets a forge. One of only forges i ever make in the game. Thats all. (besides the Paragon) She's also one of the only people who can really kick the crap out of Jarod in 1-E. With her Savior, she can ferry Rafiel around in that level too. Her Imbue is really helpful. Last time, i stuck her on Tibarn's team in part 4 and boy, that was a boon! Nearly everyone that ended up on that team sucked in one way or the other besides Fiona, Elincia, Tibarn and Kieran. Kieran was only level 1 in third tier though.

Fiona with Killer Lance = Things die. Fiona with Wishblade = lots of things die.

Its challenging because Fiona has limited move in that chapter. She cant leave that little area that the DB starts on. Thats probably what he means. Plus if you let the laguz swarm you in that area, things can get sticky.

Edited by Florina

Oh, and I forgot to mention - My Fiona's won first place in kills every time I've used her (except for the first time, where Soren beat her out for first by about 3 kills), so it's very possible to use her effectively. Fiona + Wishblade for the win! :awesome:

Oh, and I forgot to mention - My Fiona's won first place in kills every time I've used her (except for the first time, where Soren beat her out for first by about 3 kills), so it's very possible to use her effectively. Fiona + Wishblade for the win! :awesome:

LOL! She actually made it to like number 3 or so on my top 5 last time. That was unusual even for me. Soren always makes number one because hes my favorite and i spam him.

I'll answer with an even better question: Who ISN'T? Everyone's getting 2RKO'd anyways.

I BA her just enough so that she gets to level 20/01. Where's the fun without the challenge?

I'll answer with an even better question: Who ISN'T? Everyone's getting 2RKO'd anyways.

I BA her just enough so that she gets to level 20/01. Where's the fun without the challenge?

I'm sure you've heard this before, but you know that the time spent on BAing Fiona could've been spent on BAing someone else to achieve a much better performance in part 3, right? Or that you could have simply not BA'd anyone and still gotten a better performance than your Fiona.

Boss Abuse

Challenge

Pick one.

Not necessarily. IS gave some terrible characters but if you dump some levels on them they are just mediocre. It's like giving them a handicap. Or like playing "what if Fiona showed up at level 16" or something like that. Some people desperately like characters and are willing to go to extremes to use them without having them truly suck while still preserving the challenge you'd get if you were using better characters without BA.

I enjoy using Fiona, at least on NM. I like the units that start out crappy but end up really good.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but you know that the time spent on BAing Fiona could've been spent on BAing someone else to achieve a much better performance in part 3, right? Or that you could have simply not BA'd anyone and still gotten a better performance than your Fiona.

Not necessarily. With enough luck Fiona can become a real team player in 3-12 and 3-13 what with her Earth affinity and Canto. The only real problems I run into with her are Str and the occasional Hit (this is assuming much abuse, of course).

I enjoy using Fiona, at least on NM. I like the units that start out crappy but end up really good.

Not necessarily. With enough luck Fiona can become a real team player in 3-12 and 3-13 what with her Earth affinity and Canto. The only real problems I run into with her are Str and the occasional Hit (this is assuming much abuse, of course).

Oh? I thought her skill + luck combo was better than that. With forges I thought you wouldn't have much hit issues. Of course, if you want two range I guess that's different.

Anyway, would you say a not-abused Nolan or Jill are inferior to a Fiona that was only abused to 20/1 prior to 3-6? I've never actually used her, so I wouldn't really know. (And obviously, a 20/7 Jill or Nolan to start 3-6 should be much better than a 20/1 Fiona.)

I didn't say that Fiona would be bad. If you abuse a little in 1-7 to get a C support and again in 1-E to get a B for 3-6, then 3-6 is perhaps long enough to get an A out of it depending on who she supports. That plus passable stats should be enough to make her reasonable.