Personal Habits

Deliriyum

What do you tend to do on every playthrough?

For me, I:

-Save the legendaries for the final chapter/sequence

-Save the stat boosters until the end, unless someone really needs one before then

-Promote everyone at level 20.

-I don't like it when somebody has a weapon that has <10 uses, I'll dump that item in the convoy

-I make people use iron as often as possible.

-I always use the starting cavaliers

Let's see here... I:

-Promote people at Level 20, never before

-Save all statboosters for the final chapter, regardless of whether my characters need it or not

-Dump any weapon with <1/3 of the uses left in the convoy

-Use iron weapons whenever possible

-Acquire the legendary weapons in the FE games but never use them

That's all I can think of at the moment...

Hmm...

-Hoard the stat boosters, even if it's things like Ashera Icons or Statue Frags

-Drop items that are 15 uses or less

-Buy Steels for most of the game unless my units are capable of using the higher leveled weapons and I'm feeling like spending.

Hmm, interesting question

Well for starters

- Use both the Cain and Abel Arch's

- Dont use prepromotes

- Use the Est's

- Save silvers/any holy weapons against bosses

- Train the lords

-Promote at level 20

-Use stat boosters to cap a stat

-Dump weapons with low usage compared to their base

-Conserve weapons that are rare/unique and end up not using them

-Be able to use almost all if not all SS/S weapons

-Use the cavalier with green armor as they usually turn out better

-Use iron weapons often

I also save the legendaries, not completely for last, but, for lategame/endgame bosses who warrants a high Mt weapon to kill.

Other things that I do:

-Supports for shipping rather than utility (although some of them overlap, like SethEirika, RutgerxClarine+Dieck sologod triangle, etc)

-Buy a ton of Javelins. Screw other lances, except Silvers, Braves, and Legendaries. (Exception: FE4, because I can't, and FE12, because Javelins are gimped to 3MT, and even so I still use them a lot)

-(FE11/12 only) Reclass my entire team besides Marth and Mages into Paladins/DKs/Horsemen and CHAAAAARGE during certain chapters.

-Give a killer weapon (usually Hero Sword)to Lakche in FE4 so I can watch her annihilate everything ever existing. Also applies to Skasaher.

-A Swordmaster must be present in the team. In FE11/12, they may be reclassed to Pallie during certain chapters, but I must have at least one who's naturally a myrm/SM. Namely Navarre.

-Give the Heroes/Pallies/GKs/DKs axe duty rather than the footaxes.

(Out of the four footaxes I like, Barst can reclass to Hero, Othin and Halvan promotes to Heroes, and Haxtor is basically an armored Hero with slightly less speed and a hell lot more DEF. And one less move)

-Not use footaxes in the long run, except the four mentioned above.

-Not use footarchers either, besides FE4 and Pallie/DK/SM->Sniper reclasses.

-Not actually buy weapons besides Javelins in FE12, just because there's so many units never being used coming with free weapons. Hence the Free Silvers Tier in H3. 8D

-Train a sologod. (Read: Heavy Favoritism)

-Get Nanna and Rana to L20 and promote by C9 end/C10 start by using a mass-return/warp spam net.

-Level weak units(usually Patty and sometimes Leaf if I didn't give him enough kills in C7/8, FE4 only) off enemy Fem!Paladins/Troubadours until they die or I seize the next castle.

My opinions on using prepromos? If they're good, I use them (Seth (who is godly, rather than just good), Pent, Karel, Duessel, etc), and if they're bad, I don't. Simple as that.

And early promotion... I'd prefer a Lv20 promotion, but I won't hesitate to promote early if the situation calls for. Like Caeda in H5.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

What is this? A weapon hating festival?

In a normal playthrough, I:

-Check the growth rates of characters.(Yes, I know I'm cheap):lol:

-Rarely uses the starting cavaliers.

-Don't check EXP balance until mid-late game.

-Think Prepromotes are OK IMO, only in the chapter they are recruited unless it's near end-game(though their movement is apprecated early on/softening enemies for other units to take the kill)

-Uses pormoted Magic users to heal more than fighting

-Uses the very base Magic/Iron Weapons all the of the time except for A rank/Legendary/"Killing" weapons until nearly end game

-Rarely uses Legie Weapons unless there is no choice

-Likes finding background story about characters.(I take pity for charaters easily)

-Never dump Weapons/Tomes except for effective weapons/tomes like Halberd, ArmorSlayer etc. since I dislike them and they weigh you down.

-Always uses Dancers/Bards

-Likes to Physic spam near end game

-Rarely uses ranged physical weapons since they never seem to hit for me.

-Hates SowrdSlayer(like swordsmen in FE aren't fragile enough)

-Rarely train Archers/Sniper

-Prefers Magic units over the Physical units.

I think is is all I can think of right now.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Let's see...

-Use at least one red/green knight(Although in FE12 I haven't used ANY of the starting cavaliers in the long term, not even Luke)

-Use a stat booster if it warrants the difference between a 2RKO to a 1RKO or if it's crucial for my strategy to work.

-Not promote at 20 unless I'm playing the Tellius games or FE4 or the unit's a healer and even then, early promotion on a healer can be good in games that's not FE11 H5 or FE12 H3.

-Place weapons with 10-ish uses or less left in the convoy and sell them most likely.

Edited by Joey

-Conserve unique and rare weapons (it sometimes goes to the point that I don't even bother using them)

-Save stat boosters for late in the game (mostly)

-In GBA FEs, iron weapons and D rank tomes are better than anything else. In PoR/RD/SD, Steel is better than anything else as far as weapons go.

-Bless mostly 1-2 range weapons (Radiant Dawn)

-Promote everyone at level 20

-Favor staves over self-healing

-I always have at least one mage on my team. Always.

-And on that note, I use every kind of magic except dark magic.

Also, my team consists mostly of females.

And my stance on early promotion: IMO, it's not really worth it most of the time, other than in FE3 Book 2 and FE5.

Edited by Ein Lanford

Promote at 20

Save Legends unless I can't kill something without them/Feel like steamrolling

Use Iron weapons unless a higher caliber weapon is needed to kill.

Save Statboosters, unless I'm training a weak unit. >_> [*coughestforwificough*]

ABUSEABUSEABUSE

Always use a Starter Cav.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlways

Use Weapons until they break.

1 Vulnerary on a Unit going on the map, unless not possible.

Just some. XD

Edited by Michalis

-Promote at level 20.

-Use weapons until they break (unless they have less than 5 uses in the Preparations Screen in which case I sell them).

-Use Stat Boosters at endgame.

-Buy a lot of weapons for future use.

-Character inventories usually consist of: 2 main weapons, Vulnerary (switches to Elixir later on), and a ranged weapon (for physical untis) or staff (for magical units if promoted); depending on inventory space it may include an extra regular weapon, an effective-type weapon, or a special item.

-Save the highest ranking weapons for endgame (though except for RD which makes them have unlimited uses, I usually end up not having to use them at all).

-Have at least one character specialized on each weapon rank.

-In the Akaneia remakes, don't reclass.

-Support/pair going by personal preference.

-Battle Save abuse in RD.

-Have characters around the same level.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

What an interesting question.

Mostly every playthrough

-Legendary weapons are seldom used. (It's too shiny to stain!)

-Don't really use the starting cavaliers

-In turn, I want to train the lord quickly so I don't have to deal with them. (This changes in later playthroughs when I get the pacing right.)

-Identify Est archetype and see if I have room (I usually do)

-Have a vulnerary at the bottom slot all the time

-^Exception^ If there's only one staff on a promoted magic user, it goes after the vulnerary. If there's more than one staff, they go above the vulnerary but before the tomes.

-Weapons are always in order of might. 1-2 ranged weapons are after all 1 range weapons.

-Weapons with uses lower than 10 are dropped/sold (I've gotten more lenient)

-Prepromotes are avoided

-Nomads/Bow Knights are awesome and must be used.

-Everyone goes in pairs

-Never promote before 20

-Hoard the statboosters and use them at the end to cap.

Later playthroughs I try to use the hated/worst characters.

Edited by Secret!

- Use what I can without incurring a Speed penalty (in the GBA games, this meant mostly Iron; in the Tellius games, it was mostly Steel)

- Always train one of the starting healers

- SD: Unless I'm doing an extremely specific run, someone on Team Skittles gets used (it's usually two)

- Someone on my final team is always low tier or worse

- I'll use at least one Cavalier. Whether said Cavalier is a Red/Green one (or was even one to begin with!) is up for debate

- My teams are usually set before the game begins

- I try to recruit everyone

- Forges have names that are meaningful to me. . .and not to too many other people

- There's at least one cute guy in every run. In SD, it was an entire army's worth of cute guys

Here's what I do most of the time:

-Save stat boosters for last chapters (last one or last two).

-Boss abuse when the boss is really easy to defeat, granting some weapon exp too.

-Train at least one unit of each weapon available.

-Train my available units with weapon ranks of a second weapon choice.

-Promote until a unit reaches level 20.

-If a weapon is below half its endurance, dump it to the convoy or sell it to get some gold.

-Train the Est archetype character, even if it takes more time for me.

-When available, arena abuse to promoted level 20.

-Have enough killing weapons for units with critical bonus.

-Get a few silver weapons for the best characters.

-Attack any enemy without paying mind to weapon triangle, unless hit is below 60%.

Hmm...

-If you are female then there is good chance you will always be fielded.

-Promoting everyone at level 20.

-Never letting anyone die.

-Supports are never utilized effectively.

-Give everyone a Vulnary/healing item until I get a second healer.

-Recruit everyone if possible except in Shadow Dragon.

-Boss abuse!

-Arena abuse!

-Bonus experience abuse!

-Never forge a weapon since I can't help but feel that the gold can be used to buy more weapons.

-Est characters MUST be used. So long as they are girls... >_>

-Horde Killer and Silver weapons or unique weapons and never using them until the last few chapters.

-Save all stat boosting items until I get certain characters or give them to units who are getting RNG screwed.

-Iron is better than anything else. In FE 9/10/Shadow Dragon Steel is better than anything else.

-Always raise everyone's primary weapon rank to S/SS.

-Always use the cute loli girls... >___>

-Use the green and usually other cavs.

-Underlevel sword lords. Because...c'mon.

-Favour self-healing over staves.

-Promote at 10 to 16, rarely further.

-Let inferior units be culled from the pack.

-Use spare promotion items on random dudes that have hit level 10+...use these as substitutes.

-Only train a few unpromoted units seriously.

-Keep in formations when it suits the occasion.

-Never use the arena.

-Never abuse. At all. ...if it can be avoided, anyway.

-Never sell weapons, always have more swords than I can ever use.

- Keep all items until they are about to break

- Use Archers/Mages a lot

- Keep everyone at around the same level if possible

- Must have slightly more male units than female units on the field, or equal. But never more female units.

- Save legendary weapons until the end

- Use staves whenever possible

okay, here's mine:

- I never use the starting cavaliers in my first PT

- I always use 1 unit per weapon type (1 for every holy weapon, failed for FE9)

- I save up everything (statboosters, elixers, weapons. I only use irons until endgame)

- I use every last use of my irons, even if I start a chapter with only 1 use left.(unless I wouldn't be able to hold on to another like with thieves)

- I never use prepromotes or high levels, I always start training them at lvl 1-10 base class. the lower the better. (love using units like Fir, sophia, rolf, you know, the usual...)

- my lords mostly get to level 20 before chapter 12 or so.

- favoritism is my second nature. I've been doing it before I knew what it was, since my first game ever.

- never really forge a weapon, except for in FE:RD. just forging an iron without bonus except for random coin bonus.

- I never use wyvern knights, armors or cavaliers on my first PT, usually no pegasus knights either.

- only support when possibility presents itself to me, never keep the characters together...

- save abuse on RD and roms (in other words, only not on FE:PoR)

- I don't see the point of promoting before level 20. bonus isn't exactly bigger than the levels you leave behind. at least not for me. and playing with weaker characters is always fun :)

Use a starter cav, use a weapon up completely before switching to a new one, check the stats windows on every opportunity I get.

Oh and keep the respective FE's SF page open while playing.

Edited by Ike-Mike

I've always been ridiculously stingy with legendary weapons. Ridiculously. Narga had to talk me into using Durandal in the FE6 Draft because I was just going to let it sit in the convoy until Final. >>

Always default to stocks of Iron except in Radiant Dawn, where I default to Iron Blade/Greatlance/Poleaxe. Essentially, I very rarely use things I can't buy in the deploy screen shop.

Favorite healers. Heal every scratch with a particular one, don't begrudge burning my Dancer/Heron so I can heal TWO scratches in one turn, and promote them at 20. Abuse the crap out of Barrier/Torch/Warp.

Also:

Oh and keep the respective FE's SF page open while playing.

This, but only with FE4.

Edited by Integrity

-Early promotion.

-All Knight Proofs used by the end of Chapter 13 in FE5.

-Warpskip some chapters hoping that the one I cannot warpskip poses a challenge.

-A Mage on my team. Always.

-Kill Est or let her die. Except in Gaiden.

-Kill ally units I will not use like Garret of FE6.

-Not build GBA supports

-Play insane chapters (Chapter 22 of FE5) without warpskipping

-Use one or 2 units considered bad in FE5 and turn it into a monster.

Edited by Sirius

For me, I...

1. Favor peg knights over dragonknights. In FE7, I always used Florina and Fiora; in FE9 I always used Marcia and not Jill. I did use Haar in FE10, but I also used Marcia, Elincia, and Tanith on the same run.

2. Am way too stingy with rare weapons. My Tempest Blades still had almost full uses by the time I finished FE10 sad.gif...

3. Almost never use generals as one of my main team "main team". In FE7, I would use Oswin for a while, but then afterwards I would bench him in favor of higher-movement characters. Same with Gatrie in FE10.

4. Will sometimes be anal about weapon ranks, even though I don't take advantage of them. In FE7, I always tried to get my Lyn's Bow rank up to A, Fiora's Sword rank up to A, and so on; in FE10 I got my Marcia's Sword rank up to S even though I never used the Tempest Blade, and got Sanaki's Thunder rank to S even though I didn't buy Thoron from the shop.

-Save my stat boosters and BEXP for the end of the game.

-Promote my units at level 20 (with one exception in RD).

-Use the Jeigan characters as little as possible.

-Deploy the maximum amount of units possible (ex PoR Ch. 26).

-Only use a pegasus unit if I've got no other options (ex RD Elincia).

-Finish the game with everyone alive/recruited.

-Give everyone a healing item.

-Boss abuse characters (if necessary).

-Avoid using prepromotes as much as possible (ex Calill in PoR and Elincia in RD)

-Actually bother to train Sanaki in RD.

-Field offensive units over Herons in RD.

-Curse/shout at the TV when Failcaiah fails to double (and thus kill) anything.

Edited by NinjaMonkey