Angelic Devotion Chat

Kanami

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rebel and bandit coalition attacking fort to pick off survivors gives people reason to band together and leave the scene, however

perhaps the rebels are what caused the explosion at the fort

this is all just speculation on my part though, whether or not this happens is up to that one person in charge of making things happen, by which i mean kanami

It's usually excusable when it's the creator of the RP.

Reactions can be boring, explosions, in my massive piles of experience, are never boring. You're obviously just not doing it right.

Edited by Purg

An explosion was necessary considering the initial setup. Characters like Naomi and Beatrice (while possible) wouldn't fit too well into officially working for the Crestian government, and I myself wasn't too fond of the idea of being stuck in Talgusta as our home base of operations for the course of the RP. Especially since no one opted for a soldier, and we're all mercenaries/travelers.

@Snowy

I don't know what sort of RP's you've participated in, but I've seldom come across an RP which started with an explosion. If anything I was expecting complaints regarding the "bandits" which seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Can't get more cliche then that :/ Either way Talgusta needed to be destroyed, or the group sent away for the plot to progress, or did you think working under General (Psych) Selvaro would be an ideal path to take? Perhaps more importantly, you're forgetting I'm also Nadesico. The crazy arsonist that was in LoAF setting everything ablaze?

Well, that is a nice way to get us to leave. Blow up the fort why don't ya?

Also: Try not to do anything that is reliant on me tomorrow, since I'm not gonna be back from school until like 9:30 (Pacific Time).

Purg, those are natural things, aside from the last one, so even though it gives the sense of chaos and conflict, it doesn't give the feeling of OUR BASE IS UNDER ATTACK.

Oh hey maybe, maybe, we should have

started in a tavern

Soldier is boring, it's so more edgy and cool to be a merc! No attachment to the MAN or the FEDS, and you can take whatever job you want! What do you do as a soldier? Why, mop up the mess hall, that's what.

Well, that is a nice way to get us to leave. Blow up the fort why don't ya?

Also: Try not to do anything that is reliant on me tomorrow, since I'm not gonna be back from school until like 9:30 (Pacific Time).

Isn't that exactly what I did? XD I just needed a place to start so people would get together for some random cause before I returned everything to the status quo. Being mercenaries, I don't even mind if you turn 180 and side with Granford against Crestia. Objective now is to gather everyone together and head somewhere.

My plan failed >_< My plan being to bore everyone to tears before springing the Elrest incident on them so that everyone would run over there. And have the fort destroyed in their absence, guess I didn't bore people enough So now I need to think of a way to get the Elrest go'ers back to the fort, or the Fort stayers to go help the Elrest'ers. >_<

Why is it that in most RP's it seems that it can not progress more than three pages from the OP without someone trying to blow everything up?

Edit: It's really boring and cliche.

lol

i don't know if i'd open up the floor to criticisms if i were you, especially with use of the word "boring," i imagine some here would have quite a few things to say about your own posts

Soldier is boring, it's so more edgy and cool to be a merc! No attachment to the MAN or the FEDS, and you can take whatever job you want! What do you do as a soldier? Why, mop up the mess hall, that's what.

Same deal with swords

For some reason they always get used more than other weapons, they're just the edgy and cool thing to do, I guess

Maybe cause they just look flashier than other medieval weapons. More metal = more shiny

Edited by CATS

Axe and mace have the stereotype of being a brutish, vulgar weapon. Lances have image of being unwieldy. Swords are mainly close combat weapons, and most combat occurs in that range, so most people go for that.

If we were being entirely realistic, it would just be lances and bows.

I think it has to do with a sword's versatility. It can be used to block, and it's a fairly powerful weapon. Not to mention it only takes one hand.

And epic duel there, Yoshimitsu. "My name is Glass Shard! The gods fear my name My sword makes the gods tremble!"

Being realistic, we'd probably have a stable in the fort somewhere as well XD But I didn't want to kill any ponies just humans so I left that out :P I'm not making excuses for my poor planning... honest.... okay maybe a bit.... a big bit. I don't know where Rakka's being kept, I'll leave that up to Fush.

I'm not sure what the deal is with swords either, but I guess they're also the most prominent weapons in literature. There seems to be more holy/important swords, then holy bows and axes. A few spears as well, but mainly swords from what I can tell. Spears are so much better IMO.

*poke*.... *poke poke* XD

^Not sure if I personally agree, but the common soldier holds a spear/pike/lance/metal stick. While kings and generals tend to wave around decorated ceremonial swords. Or that's my view of it at least anyway.

Better head off to Uni soon, 2 posts short of our daily maximum/aim but I get the feeling that'll easily be filled before I get home from school. If not, then well, no big deal, just means today was slightly quieter then the past few days.

@Snowy

You do know that Elrest is not on fire right?

Kieru/Laterite/Andra/Ivan: Near the mess hall (Talgusta)

Naomi/Beatrice/Arias: Opposite side of the Fort to the mess hall (Talgusta)

Shizunai/Bullet: In the streets of Elrest

Hubert: Heading back to Talgusta

Gerard: In a pile of his own mess or running around?

Arc: Died in the explosion? *Shrugs*

Brianna/Cicero: Not yet introduced

Edited by Kanami