Angelic Devotion Chat

Kanami

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one wondering what's up with all the teleportation between town and fort? I don't mind, like I said, I never assume that order of posts denotes order of events, but it looks like that stuff does bother Kanami; so maybe people should give RPers already in a different location a chance to, you know, actually react to what's happening there before they come barging in on things.

Especially since Arias apparently took 30 minutes to go from the base to the town, fought there for a bit, and then 20 minutes to go back, all in time for Ivan, Laterite, and Kieru to do nothing, and the mess hall to have just exploded.

Have to read up on the events so far,

Just so Shizunai and Bullet know, they're completely outnumbered now :P So unless you plan to kill a few hundred each...... XD

@CATS

Hmm, that's one way to look at it I suppose, I've always tried to control the uncontrollable by trying to put everything in chronological order. Ah well, guess we'll try the no-control method then. Though the "explosion" should be universal by now. Both in the Fort and in Elrest since they've been mentioned in both locations. I can deal with meshing vague timelines, but I'd rather not see people who are in the same place at the same time (Hubert/Bullet) be in separate time frames.

@Purg

I suppose I can wait if that's what everyone's favorite teddy wants :/

@Stats

I've decided to implement stats, but have them completely automated. Starting from now, I'm going to be clearer about the number of enemies, (How many people are fighting in Elrest is anyone's guess, I just assumed a lot XD) I'll run a trial example with Bullet and Shizunai if they decide to continue fighting (their way out?)

@Arias

Hmm, which policy am I supposed to be following XD

Though I do guess this teleportation business is getting a bit out of hand. Though I guess we could have Kieru whining whimpering for thirty minutes. Ivan+co knocked out since they most likely didn't expect the mess hall to go boom XD (Kieru did, so did the soldier, but one was less fortunate) :P

Edited by Kanami

Well, unless it was explicitly said that the base exploded shortly after leaving, it could have been possible. Of course, that does lead to say that Ivan and Laterite were doing nothing (it's supposed to be a big fort), but it's plausible. Barely.

Open question, do you people want me to;

-"Attempt" to control time,

-Let people cross over time,

-Just let you all do whatever you want?:P

@Cocytus

Not as much as Psych XD

And a good few just aren't posting :/

Edited by Kanami

Well, I think that part of the problem is that it's hard to know what's going on where, and when. Maybe it's the fact that I'm lazy as all heck, but I really am having a hard time grasping the timeline. My apologies again for wrecking this all... :(

Don't worry Cocytus, you're still looking less incompetent than I was a few days ago (stupid Gaia and different RP styles).

And I think we should just let people do what they want and call them out if there's a contradiction.

Edited by Camtech075

"Wrecked" is when we have to ignore your post because you made absolutely no sense.

(Eg rn7 writing up that Naomi was hallucinating)

Purgs incorporated you into his post, so nothings been ruined. And frankly, I've made bigger mistakes in this RP, you guys just aren't aware of them XD

*Needs to post, but needs to think first* XD (Yes I'm procrastinating) :P

I don't mind people jumping groups, so long as it makes sense. When it's stated that, to travel from one place to the other, it takes 30 minutes - and you make note of that fact within your post - assuming that nothing's changed at all during that time seems kinda...

I dunno what word to use, but, should be kinda self-explanatory based on what I've said, no?

Hmm, that's one way to look at it I suppose, I've always tried to control the uncontrollable by trying to put everything in chronological order. Ah well, guess we'll try the no-control method then. Though the "explosion" should be universal by now. Both in the Fort and in Elrest since they've been mentioned in both locations. I can deal with meshing vague timelines, but I'd rather not see people who are in the same place at the same time (Hubert/Bullet) be in separate time frames.

Nothing wrong with putting things in chronological order, maintaining an official timeline outside of the RP topic could actually be helpful for one like this, where people are posting at different times, some people post more than others, some are impatient and not afraid to step on someone else's toes, etc. It's just that you're going to have lots of problems if you try to say that the RP's posts are always made (or should be made) in chronological order--due to the factors I just listed, that's very rarely what happens, nor is it the most practical way to approach the issue.

Chronological probably isn't the right word for me to use. I mean everyone who heard the blast probably heard it simultaneously, (Elrest possibly a few milliseconds later) But jumping back in time confuses me. I mean Kieru was with Shizunai before he left. Meaning 30 minutes has elapsed since the explosion was heard by Hubert (Example) who was near Shizunai and Bullet at the time of explosion. The two were already engaged in combat. So Even if they hurried, 30minutes would easily have elapsed after Kieru was dragged off.

Overall it ties in decently with Kieru being back, so I don't mind.

I guess I'll opt to let people do whatever they want and then fix time up occasionally when I think it's a good idea. (Eg Explosion was a universal event, it doesn't matter where or what timeline you were in, you're required to adjust to your timeline to the time of the explosion. Meaning everyone is back in the same timeline.)

What say you guys that we have all the generic allies get killed and go for a "hopeless battle" type of situation? Meaning we A) have to retreat or B) get reinforcements from the fort (I was thinking Ivan and his gang).

The fort just exploded, pretty sure the trio isn't going to think about leaving for quite awhile.

Also, judging from the actions we wrote in their flashback, they're all pretty bright, I think they'd recognize when a battle is beyond winning.

Edited by Purg